Options

[Archive] Neverwinter Extended FAQ

Comments

• Options
    torrenz1torrenz1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    problem resolved, ignore
  • Options
    fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    druga1757 wrote: »
    I appreciate your and ambi's help, but you can't tell me this is a easy way of finding out this info? I have to have prior knowledge of a game setting tweak to find out info that should be clearly listed without needing to jump through hoops.

I'm no game designer, but usually I found the best place to find info is in the corresponding menu. This, being a character/ingame account name issue, lets try the character window. Nope. Ok, how about the social window? Nope. Oh, I know, the mail, it should list the "from" right? Nope. "Home" menu? Nope. Ah, character select screen? Nope.

Didn't want to get like this, but something as simple as finding out my in game account name has turned into realizing that the game really is deficient in conveying this pretty simple, but important piece of information.

I can definitely see your point and I understand your frustration. I was being strictly comparative, with my reference to "easy" being compared to the methods mentioned before my reply. Compared to prodding forum settings, and searching web accoutns the chat tweak is easy.

I may or may not be wrong here, though . . . but isn't your @name always your user name in the launcher anyway? Just curious, as that is the case with me and a few friends that play. Without any regard to the forum or other resources, I thought that your logon username was your @name.

Ambi am I incorrect on this?
  • Options
    tchupstchups Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    after BETA ends, my character will be deleted? Or I still continue with it?
    Thanks
  • Options
    breosaight13breosaight13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Question: Is dual-clienting (Not dual-boxing) allowed? That is to say, running two clients on one computer? It is on Forsaken World, although I am not sure about Neverwinter. I've looked at quite a few places and I can not find if it is legal or not. Thank you ahead of time :D
  • Options
    fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tchups wrote: »
    after BETA ends, my character will be deleted? Or I still continue with it?
    Thanks

You keep your character. It will not be deleted.
    Question: Is dual-clienting (Not dual-boxing) allowed? That is to say, running two clients on one computer? It is on Forsaken World, although I am not sure about Neverwinter. I've looked at quite a few places and I can not find if it is legal or not. Thank you ahead of time :D

I am able to with STO but have not yet tried with Neverwinter, however I presume since it uses the same technology and launcher system that it would do so. I'll create an alt character on my alt account tonight and let you know. I will say that I think it comes down to computer specs and performance. I have a friend who's PC freezes when he tries to dual. Another friend has total crashes and has to reboot when he tries. Both their computers are almost on par with mine, so it may be just fidgety No harm in trying though, since it's absolutely free to create an account with a different email.
  • Options
    veluevelue Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How longer it will take for new paragon paths to be available? I reached level 30 with my rogue today and I don't want to go Master Infiltrator. The problems are: 1- Unless I make a choice the game doesn't let me spend powers on Rogue's default skills; 2- Since the characters from the beta are permanent and won't be wiped, I don't want to choose a spec only to have to pay the reset later.

It's awful to be forced to choose something I think it's bad for my character. Do you guys have a estimate for the new paths to go live? And which will they be?
  • Options
    phoneticbdjphoneticbdj Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Whenever I click "Play" on the client and the fullscreen game window opens it says "connecting to logon servers bla bla bla" and then i get disconnected from the logon servers? And this happens every time, can someone please help me with this?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    velue wrote: »
    How longer it will take for new paragon paths to be available? I reached level 30 with my rogue today and I don't want to go Master Infiltrator. The problems are: 1- Unless I make a choice the game doesn't let me spend powers on Rogue's default skills; 2- Since the characters from the beta are permanent and won't be wiped, I don't want to choose a spec only to have to pay the reset later.

It's awful to be forced to choose something I think it's bad for my character. Do you guys have a estimate for the new paths to go live? And which will they be?

This is only a guess based on how Cryptic does their games with STO and others I have played, but my experience with this company is that usually when they make a major update or change, they offer a free respec. I have done multiple respecs in STO this way and I am sure that the team at Neverwinter would do the same for us. I also play a number of other MMO games and all of them have the same policy even with different developers - major spec update = free respec.

Devs - correct me if I am wrong, but as far as I know I am content with being sure this is what will happen here :) So we should not have anything to worry about :)
    Whenever I click "Play" on the client and the fullscreen game window opens it says "connecting to logon servers bla bla bla" and then i get disconnected from the logon servers? And this happens every time, can someone please help me with this?

Open your launcher. Click Options. Under proxy, choose a Proxy server. Click OK. Close and relaunch the launcher. Do not worry about the "Patch via proxy" option as it appears you are patching fine, but it is the actual game connection that is nailing you.

If this fails, go into Options again, choose "none" to switch back off Proxy, and check "Force Verify". Again, close the launcher and relaunch. This will bring up a "patching" pause after you log in. Don;t panic - that is normal and can take 10 to 12 minutes to verify your files are not corrupt.

If THAT fails, flag down a passing flying saucer and explain to them that it is vitally important that you leave the planet before your computer explodes.

I hope this helps.
  • Options
    ckpaackpaa Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Tell me pls: Where i can found outside page for control proffesions? (I mean outside of the game).
  • Options
    tomuk4444tomuk4444 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do I have to make a certain amount of replies to other posts before I can start a new topic?
  • Options
    tomuk4444tomuk4444 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guess I found out the answer to my own question as I can start my own threads now. \0/
  • Options
    samm363samm363 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a problem.

I am trying to run the beta on WINE, the windows program loader on Ubuntu and most linux operating systems. It installed without any problems whatsoever, until you get to the point where it updates. You know, that screen after you log in? Problem being, the graphics for the buttons and the loading bar don't show up. This doesn't sound like a problem with the Neverwinter install, it sounds like a WINE problem, and I am hoping there are people out there using WINE for Neverwinter. Maybe need to install Java or Flash, and I'm unsure how? Or maybe Cryptic could say something about the Linux distro? :D

Thanks
  • Options
    kirbz1kirbz1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Does this game have the ability to transfer character from one account to another?
  • Options
    notor1ousspatnotor1ousspat Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i have 2 questions.. Where in the h3ll is the create a post/thread button on the front page?!:confused: and how do you enchant weapons/armor?!:confused: ughhh. the companion was soo easy, i just had to drag n drop the stone to boost his powers. now i have equip with slots open for enchantments but it wont let me drag and drop?? someone help pleaseee! or p/m me, anything would be helpful. thanks a lot :D
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ckpaa wrote: »
    Tell me pls: Where i can found outside page for control proffesions? (I mean outside of the game).

? Are you referring to the Gateway? If so then it is located at:

https://gateway.playneverwinter.com/

However at the time I posted this it was coming up with a message stating it was down for maintenance and to check back later.
    kirbz1 wrote: »
    Does this game have the ability to transfer character from one account to another?

No. This prevents people "selling" characters for real money. Nothing can ever stop someone from selling an account, but there are methods to preventing further such abuse. Disallowing character account transfers is one of them.
    i have 2 questions.. Where in the h3ll is the create a post/thread button on the front page?!:confused: and how do you enchant weapons/armor?!:confused: ughhh. the companion was soo easy, i just had to drag n drop the stone to boost his powers. now i have equip with slots open for enchantments but it wont let me drag and drop?? someone help pleaseee! or p/m me, anything would be helpful. thanks a lot :D

Your armor is the same method as companions. Use the pull-down menu by the armor piece, choose "enchant item". Drag and drop works if you drag over the item, but it is so much easier to just choose to enchant from the item's menu, then you get a nice list of all the enchantments you can slap on there, which enables you to quickly compare and add the best one for you. In the higher levels I have fused together so many enchantments I have a bag full at all times, so the menu comes in real handy when I get a new drop and want to enchant it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    stoxstox Banned Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have 2 characters on 1 shard. If I buy 2 Founder Packs, 1 for each character, will I be able to claim them separately? Or will one of my characters be stuck with both packs?

And what happens if I decide to reroll a character and delete it. Will I get that pack for the new character again? If it's the same character name?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    stox wrote: »
    I have 2 characters on 1 shard. If I buy 2 Founder Packs, 1 for each character, will I be able to claim them separately? Or will one of my characters be stuck with both packs?

And what happens if I decide to reroll a character and delete it. Will I get that pack for the new character again? If it's the same character name?

The pack is an account pack. I have 6 characters and only bought 1 Founders pack and ALL of my characters got the goodies. As long as your characters are on the same account, regardless of Shard, etc., they will reap the benefits. The ONLY items in the pack that only one character will be able to claim are the Astral Diamonds and the newbie starter pack, which isn;t that big a deal anyway, and since you can transfer diamonds between characters that's no big deal either.

The only benefit to getting more than one pack is if you have multiple accounts to apply them to.

If you want to stack more goodies, do what I did and get 1 Hero and 1 Guardian pack. That will give both your characters a starter pack also, since you said you have two characters. Also, doing this will open enough slots to give 6 characters total, meaning you can literally play one of every currently available class plus have an empty slot open for the upcoming Ranger :)
  • Options
    weaponguy117weaponguy117 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    can someone help me a little? what is the meaning of the red and green numbers, and the symbols beside them which flash whenever damage is dealt? i haven't played rpgs before, so no idea. please help.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Red = Damage being dealt to you. This is bad. The lower the number, the better.
    White = Party/Companion Damage to others - this is usually off by default but can be turned on if needed. I leave mine off.
    Yellow = Damage you are doing to the enemy. The larger the better.
    Green = Heals. Heals are VERY good. The larger the better.

The ONLY one I am in doubt on are orange numbers. I THINK these are critical hits by you, but I would love it if someone else can clarify on that as I do not wish to give a wrong answer, and am curious on this myself. If Orange is indeed Critical Hits, then these are good also, and the larger the better.
  • Options
    malmernmalmern Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I keep getting setbacks all the time,
    any solutions to this?
  • Options
    weaponguy117weaponguy117 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Red = Damage being dealt to you. This is bad. The lower the number, the better.
    White = Party/Companion Damage to others - this is usually off by default but can be turned on if needed. I leave mine off.
    Yellow = Damage you are doing to the enemy. The larger the better.
    Green = Heals. Heals are VERY good. The larger the better.

The ONLY one I am in doubt on are orange numbers. I THINK these are critical hits by you, but I would love it if someone else can clarify on that as I do not wish to give a wrong answer, and am curious on this myself. If Orange is indeed Critical Hits, then these are good also, and the larger the better.
    thanks a TON!
    i somewhat figured out what green, yellow and red damage was, but was really not sure. can someone also clarify what the symbols mean? there is a lightning bolt/jagged arrow symbol and a symbol like an arrow going down the turning right. can you please tell me what these are? thanks
  • Options
    drzeyusdrzeyus Banned Users Posts: 87
    edited May 2013
    Will you guys be reducing the cost of zen? The cost is way to high right now. I wont be waist my money on this game. I would be happy to spend money but the prices right now are double of what they should be.
  • Options
    jojo667jojo667 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    drzeyus wrote: »
    Will you guys be reducing the cost of zen? The cost is way to high right now. I wont be waist my money on this game. I would be happy to spend money but the prices right now are double of what they should be.

I was going to ask a similar question!

But our community moderator has just seamlessly danced around it!

DO they, or do they NOT, Intend on putting end game gear in cash shop?

WILL THIS BE PAY TO WIN? Or an actual Free to play experience with a cosmetic cash shop... I don't really know why I try. Just the hope that lives inside me I guess.
  • Options
    tngfan175tngfan175 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    One thing that wasn't answered, either here, or elsewhere, that I'm curious about, is this...what level can you actually form a party with other players at?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    jojo667 wrote: »
    I was going to ask a similar question!

But our community moderator has just seamlessly danced around it!

DO they, or do they NOT, Intend on putting end game gear in cash shop?

WILL THIS BE PAY TO WIN? Or an actual Free to play experience with a cosmetic cash shop... I don't really know why I try. Just the hope that lives inside me I guess.

That have stated they will not be putting such gear in the shop, and that would be a correct way to go, because people should earn their gear, not buy it. If they DO put ANY gear in the shop, it will be like STO - where pretty much all of the gear for sale is greatly outmatched by gear you can get for free just by doing dungeons and queue matches, etc. With Cryptic the in-game gear is always better stat-wise than for-sale gear in the store. Mainly a lot of the items in the store can provide a convenience for leveling up, but once you get to the top, you need to prove yourself on your own merit. I've always like that about STO and am still liking that I am seeing this in Neverwinter as well.

As for the cost of Zen - Zen for all PWE games has always been the same - roughly 10 bucks per 1000 zen. I do not foresee any change in that price structure. Since store items are cosmetic in nature, it's really a luxury choice if you wish to spend on this game. Fortunately you do not have to and you have access to equal if not better content just by playing the game and pillaging the dungeons. :)

If you feel you MUST have Zen without dishing out cash, there are plenty of other ways to get it. The Astral Diamond exchange in game is a great way to get Zen, or if you have Zen and need diamonds, you can do this as well. It's a free market world in game which is entirely balanced by the current market demand of the players among each other, and has worked out really well in STO and seems to be working great here as well.

Now is where someone is going to throw a dagger and say "prices are so bloody high!". News flash - they were in STO as well. I remember when that system was new and fresh - dilithium traded for 500-per-zen . . . but as supply grew greater and the demand spread among more traders, it has since dropped tremendously. It was as low as 80-per-zen a few weeks ago, and has stabalized at around 120-per-zen currently due to the upcoming romulan expansion.

The same will happen here, so if you do not like the trade market position right now, wait a month or two and it will come way down. Also bear in mind that Astral Diamonds have far less value than dilithium in STO for Zen, as diamonds are much easier to get in greater numbers plus the refining cap is 3 times higher, so understand that when assessing market prices.

Another great option is doing free offers on the PWE web site. In one day I can earn over 1000 zen just by singing up for offers and such, without spending a dime, without giving out credit card info and without giving away any info that is invasive to my privacy. I use a special email address just for that purpose and let all the spam go there while I rake in the Zen. Watch a video here . . . fill out a survey there . . . the surveys can be frustrating as heck, due to disqualifications, but I still manage to keep the Zen count up whenever I want to.
  • Options
    knighteagleknighteagle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    Is there any specific level criteria for adding guild members? trying to start a guild.
  • Options
    rivolf2rivolf2 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    please give links to topic guides about rogue
  • Options
    edleafsedleafs Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi, I can not create new post so I thought I would post my question here.

After a while, I'm now at level 16 I notice that the sparkly trail guide is now gone whenever I'm doing a quest but before, it used to lead me to where I need to go. I have a feeling that I may have push a button in my keyboard that disabled it accidentally. If I did, can someone tell me how to enable it again. Thank you.
  • Options
    arthaniel1arthaniel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If I buy The Founders Pack in beta and use the benefits of the pack will i get them back when the game goes live? E.G. I buy the Founders Pack and use 1.5 mill Astral diamonds in the Open beta and the Bags of holding when the Servers go live and out of Beta and everything is reset will I get my Diamonds and Bags back?
This discussion has been closed.