test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FAQ - AD/AH Exploit Follow-Up

Comments

• Options
    baddeedsbaddeeds Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 74
    edited May 2013
    AH ON BEHOLDER STILL NOT UP come on instead of the pack give us AH already
  • Options
    dakxerdakxer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Best question I heard asked: I opened 10 nightmare lock boxes on Sunday - will they have the same items in them that they did when opened? Should I just throw them away and get new boxes then since they had junk?
    In other words, the lock boxes were junk on Sunday....are they still junk, or are the contents of the lock boxes created when open?

I'd be interested to know his outcome, as that's an interesting question. hehe
  • Options
    paganhawkpaganhawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    failpatch wrote: »
    Good thing you perma banned all those beta testers from every PWE game out there for testing a bug in this game. You might have lost money once this game goes live and from any other games those testers were playing on and not "testing" for you.

Ohhh...wait this game is live not really open beta and those testers broke your live game..bummer for you all.

Game is NOT LIVE.... geesh. Clearly states open beta..... and I can't find ANY dictionary that says beta cannot use real money, so spare me that whole argument...
  • Options
    atompenguinatompenguin Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Uuuh, I didn't get my auctions back.

I had a bunch of junk up on the AH and now it's just completely gone and I didn't get anything back in the mail.

Or is it still down? Bleh...
    -Campaign: Spells and Coin
    --Part 1: Spells and Coin (NW-DHM3XQVQK)
    --Part 2: A Blind Eye (NW-DI3QTHZGJ)
    --Part 3: Dodo's Dinner (NW-DHPA8O253)

-One Shots
    --The Wizard of Eldeur (NW-DRKQNE4S7)
  • Options
    fearsidhefearsidhe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    paganhawk wrote: »
    Game is NOT LIVE.... geesh. Clearly states open beta..... and I can't find ANY dictionary that says beta cannot use real money, so spare me that whole argument...

The fact that you require a dictionary to determine what beta is gives us all the information we need about how informed your opinion is on this topic.
  • Options
    dakxerdakxer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fearsidhe wrote: »
    The fact that you require a dictionary to determine what beta is gives us all the information we need about how informed your opinion is on this topic.

Yes. And your helpful response tells us all about you as well. :cool: Lighten up everyone, no need to be mean about this. Everyone who played lost "time" on Sunday, and valuable "playing time" while the server was down (I fit into both categories). Lets all just move forward and try and prevent cheaters from ruining our game experience.
  • Options
    fearsidhefearsidhe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dakxer wrote: »
    Yes. And your helpful response tells us all about you as well. :cool: Lighten up everyone, no need to be mean about this. Everyone who played lost "time" on Sunday, and valuable "playing time" while the server was down (I fit into both categories). Lets all just move forward and try and prevent cheaters from ruining our game experience.

And what does my response tell you about me?

That I need to relax? Strike one.

What it amounts to is that if the company believed that this product was not yet complete, that the systems were still able to fail, that customers could still lose money as a function of incomplete systems, they would not and could not be taking money. It's that simple.

Do you have any idea what's required to get PCI compliance in the states, for example? Do you think anyone would do that with code taht was actually still in Beta? Come on.
  • Options
    wittan1wittan1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello,

I am not completely sure but I feel as if I am short some Astral Diamonds.... I could be wrong but I did remove some from the founders store I have prior to the issue/rollback. I just can not tell for sure if it was replaced back. Is their a log I can check for when I have removed the AD from the founders pack pool I have?

Thanks for any info you can give me on this, but I had been trying to get crafting built up the day that the roll back happened, so kind of messing with me that the number seems off a bit.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

I used dictionary comment to point out that just because you think so, doesn't make it so.... Sarcasm is wasted on some people....
  • Options
    fosslasfosslas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    After the weekend and also the last 2 days i know what i am going to do. I am not asking for a charge back or a refund but i do know for sure i will only buy zen if i want something from the zen shop and will not buy from the AH and i will sell on the AH but will not buy from it.

If as they did with STO they offer a buyback of founder packs i will then apply for it but only then as charging a cahsback would get my account banned as i still play STO and enjoy that game and have done since closed beta.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    paganhawk wrote: »
    I used dictionary comment to point out that just because you think so, doesn't make it so.... Sarcasm is wasted on some people....

Sarcasm isn't lost on me. I could tell you were both sarcastic and wrong about this, and that you've probably never taken a project to alpha, never mind beta or release.
  • Options
    wyndewynde Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The pack was <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>! It was all useless stuff that has to be stored in my bank because I cannot sell it. Only thing good might have been some scrolls and the health stone. You could have at least thrown in something valuable....some keys or something. The XP scrolls were nice. but still really?
    Seyena-Signature.png

Haven's Point- Not just another guild! We are a community, a town...a family!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    And what does my response tell you about me?

That I need to relax? Strike one.

What it amounts to is that if the company believed that this product was not yet complete, that the systems were still able to fail, that customers could still lose money as a function of incomplete systems, they would not and could not be taking money. It's that simple.

Do you have any idea what's required to get PCI compliance in the states, for example? Do you think anyone would do that with code taht was actually still in Beta? Come on.

How about following the links back? Quote that started this thread was

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=3613392#post3613392

how did this go from the company losing money, to customers losing money? Maybe because you didn't research (such as check dictionary to make sure (sarcasm intended)), and just went with part of the story? And that says something right there about quality of opinion, doesn't it?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Sarcasm isn't lost on me. I could tell you were both sarcastic and wrong about this, and that you've probably never taken a project to alpha, never mind beta or release.

lol... how am I wrong.... PROVE IT!!! Show me!!! with facts, not just opinion.
  • Options
    braddassbraddass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 108
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »

Q: Will you be performing a complete shard wipe to counteract the effects of the exploit?

A: We are happy to announce that we have found a way to restore the economy and resolve this issue without significantly reverting player progress. After careful consideration, we have been able to identify and act upon what we consider to be the best course of action to ensure fairness and balance of Neverwinter's in-game economy. This plan has included the rollback of game servers to 5:20AM PDT on 5/19/13 and permanent banning of accounts that participated in the exploit. We are further investigating any measures that may need to be taken, and thank you for all of your feedback and support.

If you got rid of all the exploited AD, why are the gold-selling sites claiming 100s of million of AD in stock?

The economy is not fair and balanced. How can it be when you allowed exploiting to go on for weeks?
    I am a Lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    braddass wrote: »
    If you got rid of all the exploited AD, why are the gold-selling sites claiming 100s of million of AD in stock?

The economy is not fair and balanced. How can it be when you allowed exploiting to go on for weeks?

They did not say it is back to correct, they said they have acted upon what they consider to be the best course to restore it.... INCLUDING banning, rollback, and further investigating.....

As the passage you quoted says "we are further investigating any measures that may need to be taken, ...." so they are NOT saying this is over, they are saying this is where they are at now. Maybe those sites have not caught up their advertising yet, or maybe there there still needs to be some checking.... oh, wait.... The devs ARE still investigating.....
  • Options
    fenixuphighfenixuphigh Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is completely WRONG what has been done to me and other innocent players I have seen. I have never ONCE exploited in this game, NEVER. My account has been banned for (I am sure) being affluent due to playing the market. I have never even touched Never Castle nor have I EVER logged onto gateway. I was not even level 60 when Never Castle glitch was fixed.

I have spent many hours of my play time hounding the market day in day out buying the t3 main hand and off hands for cheap and reselling for the price they SHOULD be posted at. It made me a lot of money and has also balanced the economy fairly well. Now I get a BAN for this. I can also confirm of a guild that has been ALL banned for doing the Never Castle glitch, but guess what ONLY FOR THREE DAYS. There are two in the guild who did the glitch that DID NOT GET BANNED AT ALL.

I want to see some honesty and TRUE action taken. This is completely unacceptable and I want my account back now. I like the game a lot but Cryptic, you all need some work.

I have not even received an e-mail for why and how long I was banned. I am thoroughly annoyed I was banned while the exploiters got only a 3 day ban or WERE NEVER BANNED AT ALL. FIX THIS and please give me my account back!
  • Options
    adamantium1adamantium1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think you all took the best rout possible for a bad situation and thanks for the gift bag. I am also encouraged you are still investigating the issue and will hopefully catch the folks who have been exploiting this bug since day one.

Keep it honest and keep us informed and much of your playerbase will stick around thanks Cryptic and PW.
  • Options
    listyourfearslistyourfears Banned Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    2 words for the never winter team
    "fork u"
  • Options
    lykanixuslykanixus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I lost my equip and now i stop play this game :(
  • Options
    mattplexmattplex Member Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    So this xp booster.. How long does it last ? And does it work for all XP gained (praying, PvP, etc)?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mattplex wrote: »
    So this xp booster.. How long does it last ? And does it work for all XP gained (praying, PvP, etc)?

Try posting that question here http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=894471&cpage=1 don't klnow if it will work better, but at least on the page that tells us about it.
  • Options
    vaelosvaelos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/1er69m/so_are_there_really_people_who_still_got_their/

people there claiming to have dodged bans and retain millions/billions of AD and many cats across many chars each
  • Options
    failpatchfailpatch Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is completely WRONG what has been done to me and other innocent players I have seen. I have never ONCE exploited in this game, NEVER. My account has been banned for (I am sure) being affluent due to playing the market. I have never even touched Never Castle nor have I EVER logged onto gateway. I was not even level 60 when Never Castle glitch was fixed.

I have spent many hours of my play time hounding the market day in day out buying the t3 main hand and off hands for cheap and reselling for the price they SHOULD be posted at. It made me a lot of money and has also balanced the economy fairly well. Now I get a BAN for this. I can also confirm of a guild that has been ALL banned for doing the Never Castle glitch, but guess what ONLY FOR THREE DAYS. There are two in the guild who did the glitch that DID NOT GET BANNED AT ALL.

I want to see some honesty and TRUE action taken. This is completely unacceptable and I want my account back now. I like the game a lot but Cryptic, you all need some work.

I have not even received an e-mail for why and how long I was banned. I am thoroughly annoyed I was banned while the exploiters got only a 3 day ban or WERE NEVER BANNED AT ALL. FIX THIS and please give me my account back!

Everyone banned from Sunday was master account perma banned from all PWE products, no warning, no three day cool down warning for testing a bug/exploit. They are not going to unban anyone.
  • Options
    dwalishingdwalishing Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I thought I might shed some light on what happened last weekend. I was banned. The exploit they have told you about is not the one I was using and I have fraps'd myself doing it and sent them a support ticket about it. However, they still haven't gotten back to me. It allowed me to gather 99Million AD in mere mins(the max you can have is roughly 99.7M on a character.). Early Sunday morning just for kicks, to see if I could do it, I pumped about 600M AD into the economy across all three severs buying the most expensive things I could. You know share the wealth, real Obama type stuff. I used to the AD zen exchange to transfer the AD because Zen was account wide. I didn't care how much it cost because I had unlimited AD.... up to that point I was just giving stuff away to people Dragon... I really hope Perfect World responds to my ticket or gets in contact with me because my exploit WAS NOT negative bidding on the AH or defeating bosses super quick, there seames to be a lot of holes for AD to leak through and they need to fix it.

Also sorry? :(
  • Options
    vinunleadedvinunleaded Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    If you were banned its because you did something wrong.
    Stop acting all innocent.
  • Options
    amazingramazingr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dwalishing wrote: »
    I thought I might shed some light on what happened last weekend. I was banned. The exploit they have told you about is not the one I was using and I have fraps'd myself doing it and sent them a support ticket about it. However, they still haven't gotten back to me. It allowed me to gather 99Million AD in mere mins(the max you can have is roughly 99.7M on a character.). Early Sunday morning just for kicks, to see if I could do it, I pumped about 600M AD into the economy across all three severs buying the most expensive things I could. You know share the wealth, real Obama type stuff. I used to the AD zen exchange to transfer the AD because Zen was account wide. I didn't care how much it cost because I had unlimited AD.... up to that point I was just giving stuff away to people Dragon... I really hope Perfect World responds to my ticket or gets in contact with me because my exploit WAS NOT negative bidding on the AH or defeating bosses super quick, there seames to be a lot of holes for AD to leak through and they need to fix it.

Also sorry? :(

So you sent a capture of yourself exploiting the game to prove you didn't use a different exploit and so should not have been banned and should be allowed to keep playing and running your different exploit .... bwahahahahaha ... hahaahaha .... oh make it stop .... hahahaahahaha.
  • Options
    vaelosvaelos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Exploiting in an isolated manner and reporting it is one thing.

Using it to purchase zen an AH items is disrupting the economy and you aren't getting unbanned.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    vaelos wrote: »
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/1er69m/so_are_there_really_people_who_still_got_their/

people there claiming to have dodged bans and retain millions/billions of AD and many cats across many chars each

And hopefully they get caught..... the devs have stated that they are still invesigating to see if further action is necessary.
  • Options
    crinklies02crinklies02 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In the game current state they absolutely have to do a server wipe, the game is dying hour by hour, more and more people are quitting simply knowing there's billions of unaccounted ad for, why would anyone even bother to farm and sell loot when you've got certain people with that amount...
This discussion has been closed.