test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FAQ - AD/AH Exploit Follow-Up

Comments

• Options
    dannymccoydannymccoy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    THANK YOU!!!!!

(permabans)

Justice!
  • Options
    pepepoepepepoe Member Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    It sucks that it had to resort to a rollback because players that found a exploit decided to exploit it with disregard to everyone else. But I am glad to see that you care enough to try to fix this problem and did so in a timely manner with out resorting to a full on wipe.

Thanks again for your work.

How can they have "Fixed this problem and did so in a timely manner " when it was shown to them in closed beta,This has been going on for awhile.
  • Options
    ifthirifthir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 281 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You say "A small amount of players".

How many is small? Were those players suspended, or banned? What about the items/cash they muled over to alt accounts?

Good to see this rollback, and enjoyed the level of communication throughout the issue.
  • Options
    exercitus00exercitus00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    oh Perfect World/Cryptic *shakes head*
    PjkfuwW.gif
    Something that simple wasnt discovered after so many beta tests...
    That shows the quality of their work on this game
  • Options
    melanducciomelanduccio Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would really like you to answer some sticky questions, which you did not or not completely:

1) Economy is clearly screwed up, maybe in the last 7 hours there has been an increased use of the exploit, but the exploit itself has biased all the economy since a long time, so seven hours rollback will be the tiny garze on a wound that requires actual surgery
    2) How are you going to evaluate the damage done to those player (the majority, I hope) who has played by the rule, maybe throwing a few dollars/euros into your game? All the items in the founder pack are considerably less valuable, given the use of this exploit, so gamers were actually paying lots of money for something that wasn't exactly that valuable, expecially compared to those rapscallions who easily exploited the game
    3) What measure are you taking against this bunch of people? Hope the ban is the least of them. Also I would like to be completely sure that no difference of treatment will be applied to paying users (people with founder title, hero of the north pack etc) and simple players (people who spent no actual money on the game). I am sorry, but since I was considering to spend my recreation time in this game, I would like to be in an enviroment where everyone must follow the rule, otherwise I'll rather spend my time in other games

Personally I've lost much of my interest in this game, I am really not going to deal with another bunch of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ghostcrawlers, so please, address these questions instead of treating us like <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> monkeys.
  • Options
    stratrat1956stratrat1956 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 54
    edited May 2013
    Any idea on when the Auction House will be back up?
    What? Me worry?
  • Options
    chokomdchokomd Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When should we expect to get back the ZEN we spent(and lost on rollback) during that day?
  • Options
    chorvynchorvyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Personally I'm against the server wipe. The reason for this is that I have limited time to play the game and I don't want to start levelling again, I want to start enjoying the endgame pvp and dungeons. However I understand the reason why a significant amount of players advocate the wipe. I think the best solution for this problem could be opening a new shard (server), so the people who want the wipe can go there.

P.S. I like the idea of having 1 more charachter slot in that package, I hope it happens :)
  • Options
    clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    kyxoan2 wrote: »

I'm 25 years old with a full time job and play poker on the side. $1000 is not a big deal.

nathan-fillion-reaction-gif_zpsba8f5f40.gif

You kinda just proved my point. Seek help for the gambling addiction before Guido and his cronies come leave a horse head on yer pillow.

Also...my main point is....you spent over a thousand dollars on an incomplete, buggy, glitchy program. That's kinda like buying the old clunker on the back of the used car lot and being upset when you have to sink even more into it after a week when it breaks down.

The main reason why I never sank a dime into this game is BECAUSE it's a beta. This game is incomplete. Glaring glitches and massive exploits are bound to be in it. I am smart enough to not invest anything other than time and effort helping Cryptic test their game.

You can rest assured that the financial department of Cryptic studios made darn sure there was funding to develop this game BEFORE any manpower went into actual coding and design. Cryptic kinda has two other games they can siphon funds from to help as well as other options. Those "Founder's Packs"? Not helping to fund development at all. Helping Cryptic make losses back, is what those are. And nobody's wrong for purchasing them, to be sure. What IS wrong is people blithely spending money on something that's BOUND to break and expecting recompense for it.

Joe Blow off the street: "Hey, I want that boat."

Salesman: "But it's not done. There's a hole in the hull."

JB: "Don't care. Here's my money. Put it in the water."

Sales: "Hey, it's your money...."

*boat promptly sinks*

JB: "I WANT MY MONEY BACK."

Sales: "I told you it was broken. All sales are final." *points to sign that says so*

See where I'm going? If you don't....then I guess I can't explain it any better to you.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • Options
    gallak7gallak7 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The more I think of it, the more I'm ready for a complete wipe.

All those afk cheaters, foundry cheaters, and AD cheaters, making legit players paying hard earned AD or paid ZEN/AD in to a cheating overflowed AD marked.

Think of all those who supported you with buying the founder packs. All those AD they got are now worth a fraction of what it should have been. The same goes for those who have bought or will buy ZEN. They will also get less AD then they would have gotten if the AD market was not corrupted by afk pvp, foundry and AD cheaters.

/my 2 cent!
  • Options
    whiteshadow02whiteshadow02 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As i posted in a previous post, the same applies here.
    Permanently banning individuals isn't the way to go, just look at the same mistake the makers of GW2 did using this method, you do multiple mass ban waves and people simply do not return to the game. If you ban one of the hardcore players for example, 4 others shall follow without exception, simply because these said hardcore players have been together usually for a while, from different games. Should you decide to cut one of them out they aren't going to replace.

When it comes to punishment they should be doing 3 day bans for first time offenders, not permanently ban.

As for the economy, the only honest way to fix this is a complete server reset, while i understand they have announced they wouldn't, they essentially have to, sure you can ban all those who duped on Sunday, but there is still a huge amount of spare ad lurking on individuals separate accounts, a wipe would remove all this including what they've got stashed away on their mules.
  • Options
    verthrugnaverthrugna Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Goodbye Perfect World, what a waste of money for me to even spend on this game.
  • Options
    zeuseason411zeuseason411 Member Posts: 107
    edited May 2013
    Every purple you see for sale on trade or w/e was probably exploited by the seller (or w/e) for free.
  • Options
    kyxoankyxoan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    clcmercy wrote: »
    nathan-fillion-reaction-gif_zpsba8f5f40.gif

You kinda just proved my point. Seek help for the gambling addiction before Guido and his cronies come leave a horse head on yer pillow.

Also...my main point is....you spent over a thousand dollars on an incomplete, buggy, glitchy program. That's kinda like buying the old clunker on the back of the used car lot and being upset when you have to sink even more into it after a week when it breaks down.

The main reason why I never sank a dime into this game is BECAUSE it's a beta. This game is incomplete. Glaring glitches and massive exploits are bound to be in it. I am smart enough to not invest anything other than time and effort helping Cryptic test their game.

You can rest assured that the financial department of Cryptic studios made darn sure there was funding to develop this game BEFORE any manpower went into actual coding and design. Cryptic kinda has two other games they can siphon funds from to help as well as other options. Those "Founder's Packs"? Not helping to fund development at all. Helping Cryptic make losses back, is what those are. And nobody's wrong for purchasing them, to be sure. What IS wrong is people blithely spending money on something that's BOUND to break and expecting recompense for it.

Joe Blow off the street: "Hey, I want that boat."

Salesman: "But it's not done. There's a hole in the hull."

JB: "Don't care. Here's my money. Put it in the water."

Sales: "Hey, it's your money...."

*boat promptly sinks*

JB: "I WANT MY MONEY BACK."

Sales: "I told you it was broken. All sales are final." *points to sign that says so*

See where I'm going? If you don't....then I guess I can't explain it any better to you.

Where am I asking for my money back because the boat has a hole in it? I would only chargeback my money if I am unjustly banned / lose all of my in game money due to them thinking I exploited without actually looking.

I love the game, I am fine with the money I spent. Again, if $1000 is a big deal to you, don't spend it. I'm not asking you to. My point about the money was, I spent $1000+ on this game, they should use their brains and realize that I did not exploit, I have no reason to exploit and all of my money is legit.

If they banned me to "freeze" my account because I have millions of AD funneling through me daily from various people, then fine, they can freeze me to get rid of the bad money and give me my items back, I don't care. I do care about having 0 response from them.

Apparently people who actually exploited, making billions of AD got an email stating they were banned for 72 hours and why. I got no email, no response to tickets or anything and I think that is pretty terrible on their part considering the amount of money I did spend. I bet it is one of the top amounts spent in this game, because I'm sure many feel the same way about you.
  • Options
    kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bs crappy forums
  • Options
    bigbearfootbigbearfoot Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok thank you very informative
  • Options
    montmont Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just saying a quick comment but if your so busy you barely have time to play in general it wouldn't really matter to much if they did wipe or not because guess what? You wouldn't be leveling very fast anyway. I mean I understand people not wanting to have to redo everything all over but basically your saying its more about your precious time then the integrity of the game.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Where am I asking for my money back because the boat has a hole in it? I would only chargeback my money if I am unjustly banned / lose all of my in game money due to them thinking I exploited without actually looking.

I love the game, I am fine with the money I spent. Again, if $1000 is a big deal to you, don't spend it. I'm not asking you to. My point about the money was, I spent $1000+ on this game, they should use their brains and realize that I did not exploit, I have no reason to exploit and all of my money is legit.

If they banned me to "freeze" my account because I have millions of AD funneling through me daily from various people, then fine, they can freeze me to get rid of the bad money and give me my items back, I don't care. I do care about having 0 response from them.

Apparently people who actually exploited, making billions of AD got an email stating they were banned for 72 hours and why. I got no email, no response to tickets or anything and I think that is pretty terrible on their part considering the amount of money I did spend. I bet it is one of the top amounts spent in this game, because I'm sure many feel the same way about you.

Iv got the same, 2 days, 3 petitions and still no answer whether or not it's a permanent ban or temporary.
  • Options
    paganhawkpaganhawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Go back and read the first page of this forum.... last question on their question and answer post (first post)... states that abusers got a PERMANENT ban, not a 72 hour one.... so whoever told you that was lying or mistaken... However, IF you are moving that much legitly, and not scamming, then be patient.... they probably have almost everyone they banned saying the same thing, and they are gonna make **** sure it is legit before they let anyone they banned back in... Even IRL, snafus like this take a while to sort out... these are programmers, not accountants, give them some time. However, I do agree that an email stating why you were banned would be nice, but maybe they are waiting on those until they are sure, for some legal reason, or they figured enought hoopla has been going on about it, and the average person is smart enough, to figure it out... IDK.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Iv got the same, 2 days, 3 petitions and still no answer whether or not it's a permanent ban or temporary.

Did you actually do anything wrong though is the question =P Obviously you are going to say no regardless but if not, I hope there are more like you and me, it makes me feel better and gives me hope that they will fix this.
  • Options
    suicidedonkeysuicidedonkey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just as a point or reference, the rollback didn't actually do a whole lot.
    I was talking to one of my fellow Goons on EVE this morning since he was one of the folks who got in early on the exploit, and he informed me they only banned one of his accounts, they didn't ban any of his other accounts that he laundered AD to, and he figures he had around 80 million AD spread around on his other accounts, so it didn't hurt him at all, and I doubt it bothered any of the other peeps that got in on this exploit early.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Did you actually do anything wrong though is the question =P Obviously you are going to say no regardless but if not, I hope there are more like you and me, it makes me feel better and gives me hope that they will fix this.

No i tested the exploit on the gateway to see if it truely was as easy as zone chat was saying and it was. I then sent a petition explaining how to do it however by this time the damage was done :p

Point is, if they permanently ban everyone who did this exploit, servers are going to be very empty very quickly, which will be their downfall.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You still at least did it one time, I never did it and I was banned =(.

I really think i'm flagged as a "mule" because I made millions over night / morning when this was all going on. I really hope I get fixed soon or could at least talk to support.
  • Options
    vinunleadedvinunleaded Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    Why am i being punished! I did nothing wrong!
    Punish the exploiters not the honest players!
  • Options
    shielgardinshielgardin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    syrum wrote: »
    Well, can we at least have an ETA on being able to access our AD from our Founder Packs? I only withdrew the specific amounts I needed for various purchases... so, yeah. May I have my AD please?

Yes - can we please have an update about when we can spend the ADs we have legitimately bought.
  • Options
    coanunncoanunn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 368 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yes - can we please have an update about when we can spend the ADs we have legitimately bought.

I spent Legitimate AD on Zen a week ago, they took it off my account and I'm left with no AD and no Zen. I posted here asking if those who were affected incorrectly are going to get anything back and they have yet to respond. Amazing FAQ thread where questions have become buried in the QQ'ing. I swear their community moderators are simply ineffective.
    Do you crave a good old fashioned dungeon crawl? One where the dungeon tells it's own story? The Dungeon Delves campaign is just for you! Start with my first release: NW-DQF4T7QYH Any cave can lead to adventure!
  • Options
    hamoct72hamoct72 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    lost all my ads converting to zen for crafting (300 zen crafting booster packs) can I please have it back?!
  • Options
    tilviustilvius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    What was the exploit??
  • Options
    hampzihampzi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What ive heard, this bug has been around since "launch", and there actually is specific threads about this on other forums since way back.

The economy is broken to bits and the AD exploiters are happier then ever since they only did a 7 hour rollback, it was fun while it lasted.

This game is really good, i will be back when you take the right actions, hell i will even play if you reset the whole thing.
  • Options
    adisonmakadisonmak Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    no wonder all my stuff changed all of a sudden...
This discussion has been closed.