test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FAQ - AD/AH Exploit Follow-Up

Comments

• necronomniconnecronomnicon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kyxoan2 wrote: »
    I appreciate all of you who are giving them a thumbs up, but I was on for 10 minutes yesterday, I exploited nothing and I woke up today to find myself banned. I have sent in about 10 tickets and emails to their support, contacted them on twitter and got nothing.

You want to talk about false positives and dropping the ball, this is a good example. I spent 200 on the founders pack and over 1000 in ZEN and this is how I'm treated? I can't imagine what the free users would be treated like.

get your money back lol. Where is anonymous when we need them? I dreampt last night they came and did an actual fix, no more mules packed with goodies, and everyone on alevel playing field. That was a sweet dream, but in reality I bet a few of the exploiters were some of them haha.
    So farewell hope, and with hope farewell fear,
    Farewell remorse; all good to me is lost.
    Evil, be thou my good.
    edited May 2013
    ^ You're a class a moron.....

F2P Is a different business model idiot.... Subscription games have a bigger cheating problem .... WoW was the most botted game of all time.....

^ exploiter, with many packed mules afraid of losing them in a wipe
    Evil, be thou my good.
  • surv1vor1surv1vor1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ^ You're a class a moron.....

F2P Is a different business model idiot.... Subscription games have a bigger cheating problem .... WoW was the most botted game of all time.....

When WoW was released, the game was very secure and bots were banned within hours. It has been out for almost 10 years now and the only way to keep people playing has been to make the game so easy any skilled MMO player left a long time ago for other challenges.

If you want to be fair to any game when comparing it to WoW, you have to compare it to Vanilla WoW, not expansion number 5 or whatever that game is up to now.
    edited May 2013
    edgenw wrote: »
    There have been a lot of reports of similar tickets on this exploit being quietly closed or reported as "lost" over the past few months. Because this exploit can ultimately lead to AD sales and gaining real-world money, and because of the questionable way support has been "handling" these tickets, it is difficult not to suspect that people within Cryptic/PW were not quietly benefiting from this bug while attempting to suppress any player ticket submissions before they reached the core development team.

If I were Cryptic/PW, I would be launching an internal RMT investigation right about now, because either something very shady was going on within your own company, or the people who kept closing/losing these exploit tickets for the past several months are just utterly incompetent at their jobs.

So, which is it? I'm not trying to be rude here, but when there have been multiple ticket submissions on this exploit in the past and all of them seem to die upon reaching customer support, how can anyone not wonder what exactly has been going on over there? Either they're not doing their job or they've been running an RMT operation on the side. Figure it out.

we're speaking about a chinese company I think? So I'm going with running an operation on the side exploiting this to their own gain as well. people should just take their money back and show them that this is not tolerable.
    Evil, be thou my good.
  • staireaterstaireater Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I bought Zen to sell it on the zen market because prices were so high. If you are taking away the AD I traded them for, I would like a refund as I would not have bought that zen.

This is so entitled and insane, hahaha.
  • goatrothgoatroth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't know if this has been answered yet, and I'm not about to dig through 124 pages to find out, but what happened to the mail? I sold an item in the auction house a day or two before this whole incident happened, and now the diamonds are missing from the mail. The letter stating I sold the item is still there, but the diamonds are not. I also redeemed a key for the Alienware promotion, and am missing items from that mail as well.

The items simply aren't attached to the mail I received. Where are they?
  • neonpigneonpig Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What if i won an auction in that meantime?
    My elusive TR armor :(
    With honest AD, I even spent more than a half than I had (already a few) to get it
  • exile17exile17 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    asheric wrote: »
    With these as the only other realistic options available after the damage had been done, an immediate rollback becomes the best decision possible under the circumstances. Players only lose a little progress, a handful may leave and a lot may complain, but most of the complainers will still come back to the game, and the damage done from before the rollback is minor enough to be considered negligible in the long run. A rollback is still nothing to be happy about, but it's the best one of the options available during a worst-case scenario such as this and the inevitable 'we're sorry for the inconvenience' package coming later this week helps to take the sting away.

Finally someone who isn't a complete idoit that just says Wiping the servers to day one is the best idea just because they don't mind.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • myxlplykmyxlplyk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OK, I see I was rolled back around 4 levels I gained yesterday. I can accept that. But I notice that my quest progress WASN'T rolled back. Meaning the two zones I made those levels in I can't go re-do those quests to re-gain the experience. How is that going to be fixed? (And no I don't plan on reading 124 pages of comments and inane arguments in this thread to hope someone has mentioned it, it wasn't in the first post, so I'm asking here. Update the first post please)
  • cupper2cupper2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm sorry for the stressful times devs and ladydevs (are there any?), this must really suck. Hang on and keep up the good work.
  • mnemoniakmnemoniak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    People have to keep in mind that this is still BETA. For those who spent real money on this game, you will be refunded as PW stated. For the rest, stop whining.
  • cathycutecathycute Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What about those who attended Dungeon Delves? for seven hours I played about 5 DD's and luckily got all the expensive Epic t2 Cleric items (such as helms and armors), will this consider a goodbye for us? I know it's too much to ask but I played it with my all.
  • exile17exile17 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pohthehd1 wrote: »
    I want my celestial coins

Well too bad sir you just lost one count it "one" week of it that's it.How many day's are there in twelve months again?You are complaining about just one week?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • freyawiskersfreyawiskers Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the hard work you guys have done and all the updates you've done to keep us informed. I lost all my celestial coins, but I'm totally cool with getting stuff at the end of the week. Looking forward to the box o'free stuff!
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    cathycute wrote: »
    What about those who attended Dungeon Delves? for seven hours I played about 5 DD's and luckily got all the expensive Epic t2 Cleric items (such as helms and armors), will this consider a goodbye for us? I know it's too much to ask but I played it with my all.

You're either exaggerating, exploiting, or the luckiest player ever.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • l3uck3tl3uck3t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 90
    edited May 2013
    You people have terrible reading comprehension
    ReignesLegacy_zpsb47e1102.png
  • lazenbylazenby Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    staireater wrote: »
    This is so entitled and insane, hahaha.

Actually he has a very valid point. He bought Zen to trade for AD because the exchange rate was favorable. If the exchange rate is no longer favorable and he is stuck with Zen that he no longer wishes to spend, then shouldn't he be entitled to a refund? The developers allowed a market condition to be created, whether intentional or not and sold him in game currency predicated on that false condition.
  • dawilddawild Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeah somehow I have lost around 40,000 astral diamonds from this, have the mail stating I sold the auction, but I don't have the item or the astral diamonds... the "sorry we messed up" package better be substantial....
  • vitaminaminvitaminamin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can we please stop referring to this game a BETA? Its actually insulting. I have participated in more beta's then I care to admit and never once have I ever paid for anything. The fact that I have to buy zen and there is an active item mall that requires real money means you are not in beta. So stop hiding behind the beta word as if its a shield to protect you from getting slammed for your actions. And if it is a beta I would like the money I spent on my founders pack returned at the end of beta!
  • alek340alek340 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I discovered this exploit myself prior to all this nonsense. I tested it and made a ticket fot tech support detailing how it's done and what game functions it impacts, including the Zen market. What did I get for this? My account was banned. I am going to post on Redditt and any other forum I can find as I think it's unexcusable I was banned when I reported this exploit in good faith and nothing was done. The staff had my ticket and never responded. Now, as a paying member of the community, I was banned and lost the money I've legitimately spent on this title. I don't want a refund, but I do want my account unlocked.
  • goatrothgoatroth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dawild wrote: »
    yeah somehow I have lost around 40,000 astral diamonds from this, have the mail stating I sold the auction, but I don't have the item or the astral diamonds... the "sorry we messed up" package better be substantial....

+1

I didn't lose that many diamonds, but it was still enough to make me a bit sad. Same situation, too.
  • creedgamingcreedgaming Member Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    Why would i waste my time exploiting and risk my account leveling the game is easy as pie.... Ive made about 12 million AD trading from the Auction house , which I lost none of cause it was all legit....
  • pois0nmanpois0nman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Except when you ban someone from a Sub game it actually hurts them and has a sting to it, they have to buy another copy of the game to get a Account / CD Key and set up a new account / subscription to get up and running again.

Ban someone in a F2P game then go back to the website, make another free account and are back in the game doing exactly what they were doing 30 seconds before you banned them.

Even B2P games like GW2 are better off in that department as well, because again you still need to spend money to get back into the game after being banned.

F2P has too low of a barrier of entry, banning doesn't really do much of anything to people that want to cheat, exploit, hack, hurt, and destroy the game, it takes them about 30 seconds to setup a new account and get back into the game.

They really needed a wipe after this, it really is a shame.
  • d3athsy7hed3athsy7he Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    edgenw wrote: »
    There have been a lot of reports of similar tickets on this exploit being quietly closed or reported as "lost" over the past few months. Because this exploit can ultimately lead to AD sales and gaining real-world money, and because of the questionable way support has been "handling" these tickets, it is difficult not to suspect that people within Cryptic/PW were not quietly benefiting from this bug while attempting to suppress any player ticket submissions before they reached the core development team.

If I were Cryptic/PW, I would be launching an internal RMT investigation right about now, because either something very shady was going on within your own company, or the people who kept closing/losing these exploit tickets for the past several months are just utterly incompetent at their jobs.

So, which is it? I'm not trying to be rude here, but when there have been multiple ticket submissions on this exploit in the past and all of them seem to die upon reaching customer support, how can anyone not wonder what exactly has been going on over there? Either they're not doing their job or they've been running an RMT operation on the side. Figure it out.

They PWE don't care is all it really comes down to, and i know this from experience. They (PWE) destroyed the economy of their flagship game Perfect World International by introducing a pack after pack after pack after bloody pack, then acknowledged an exploit that allowed people to go from level 20 to max level of 105 in a matter of hours compared to the years it should have taken. They threatened these people with bans etc. But in the end the ones that took advantage spent more $$$ on zen for gold so nothing was done, those that played fairly got screwed and now last i looked at the game 1 gold was selling for 900,000 - 1.5m in game currency each. If they know about an exploit that makes them $$$$ they will leave it in as long as they can before it is removed.
  • krehlmarkrehlmar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Neccery, but man poor guys who spent their sundays powerlevelling or farming... They should've shut down the servers instantly instead of letting people continue to play for such a long time.

Oh well. Life goes on.
  • naryllfielnaryllfiel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The AH and AD was and is corrupted by a few...this has tainted everything in the AH and personally as a player who purchased your pack AND purchased Zen online...the game should have been wiped so we could have restarted the playing field. Peeps who chose to cheat should be banned and kicked...and those who try to control in game economy with exploits SHOULD be banned permanently.

Needless to say a few bad apples taint the game for the rest of us who are hard core gamers XD.

United Guild
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/245990205544250/
  • paganhawkpaganhawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pois0nman wrote: »
    Except when you ban someone from a Sub game it actually hurts them and has a sting to it, they have to buy another copy of the game to get a Account / CD Key and set up a new account / subscription to get up and running again.

Ban someone in a F2P game then go back to the website, make another free account and are back in the game doing exactly what they were doing 30 seconds before you banned them.

Even B2P games like GW2 are better off in that department as well, because again you still need to spend money to get back into the game after being banned.

F2P has too low of a barrier of entry, banning doesn't really do much of anything to people that want to cheat, exploit, hack, hurt, and destroy the game, it takes them about 30 seconds to setup a new account and get back into the game.

They really needed a wipe after this, it really is a shame.

And how does wiping fix this problem??? going by your rationale, wiping would be just as ineffective... either way they would have to start over on their scam.
  • bishop2c3bishop2c3 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    for this thank you pack, please don't give me a bunch of useless potions I won't be able to fit in my inventory. I am playing my first toon to 60 as pure f2p, so I can understand just where the pinch is for my guildmates who can't afford to buy zen. Because of this, I am severely short on inventory space. We don't even have a guild bank tab yet, since the guild contribution thing is bugged. I am saving my up my personal AD to buy it. I know helping us with inventory space is counter to the intended pressure to get us to buy zen, but you guys owe us one.
  • sinfellesinfelle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What's curious is how approximately 2/3 of the population on these boards, according to the poll on another thread, support a full wipe and yet PW does not want to consider this. They are happy to call all of us "testers" and how this is still an "open beta", yet they take money from founder's packs purchases and from zen purchases as final. Don't they see that it doesn't matter that AD was taken. AD can convert to items, zen, and in game gold. It's not a matter of trying to track down AD, its every facet of the economy. There is no way they can track down all of these transactions. "Removing the illegitimate AD" is only the start. It will in no way come near to fixing the damage that was actually done. This is just a ludicrous idea. PW, if we are indeed "testers" in an "open beta", then we can undergo a full wipe. Please enact this or you risk losing the favor of the majority of players in this game, and most visibly those who purchased founder's packs (arguably the most loyal of your player base).
  • pois0nmanpois0nman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    paganhawk wrote: »
    And how does wiping fix this problem??? going by your rationale, wiping would be just as ineffective... either way they would have to start over on their scam.

There have been plenty of reports of this exploit happening since the start of open beta and even some saying it was happening in closed. They need to fix the problem (exploits and bugs) and wipe.

I don't see how rolling back 7 Hours, banning accounts, and just continuing on like nothing happened solves anything.
This discussion has been closed.