What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FAQ - AD/AH Exploit Follow-Up

Comments

• Options
    blizzardof72blizzardof72 Member Posts: 10
    edited May 2013
    The really sad thing is you make it ok to cheat and exploit.

This exploit was there in closed beta and abused by closed beta testers and guilds (many of whom know devs and/or are devs) yet its been ok to leave this exploit in cuz it was hush hush.

Someone finds out about it and posts it on the forums to expose this corruption and you guys jump to shut down the server to contain a "newly found exploit" . Sorry but think I lost faith in this game and Cryptic as a whole.

All of the polls on this site and comments in these forums to FB and twitter were all in support of a wipe. Yet still no wipe. Why? Because those who greatly benefited from this exploit will not lose all that much.

Why will a wipe help
    1) it will reset the AH and all the economic issues
    2) it will affect the abusers and their mule and alt accounts
    3) it will fix all the exploited gear and glory from the pvp exploit
    4) more people are for it than are against it
  • Options
    ctdummy80ctdummy80 Member Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    eggylisk99 wrote: »
    What's with all the posts saying 7/8 hour rollback? How is 11pm PDT reverted to 5am PDT = 7/8 hours?

Because it's 7-8 hours of in game time. In other words about 7-8 hours from when they took the servers down. So it will affect 7-8 hours of actual server game time.
  • Options
    twigdoctwigdoc Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same bug from STO in this game, a year later, and you idiots REALLY believe we're going to let that **** slide? This issue has been APPARENTLY EXPOLITED since CLOSED BETA, ALPHA stages... as per the hundreds of people confirming this on these forums, other forums and on your twitter page you continually keep deleting posts from. Do something about your ALREADY months into failing economy. Seriously. You just shat ALL over your loyal supporters. Obviously the people making the business decisions behind this game are too blind to care about the realistic expectations of their paying customers. Wonder how long it takes PWE to delete this post, in their <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> effort to PR spin this.

get your thesaurus off the shelf?
  • Options
    karaavarekaraavare Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    here is another question i posted some items to ah and now there is a roll back now im sure that i obtained those items that i posted to ah before this exploit started being used so the question is will i have them in my inventory or will they be lost cause all im wondering is are u making a complete server time roll back or a partial rollback that will effect only spesific areas of game?

btw dont get mad at them ppl the only mistake they made releasing something real money related during a open beta cause MMO's are bound to have exploits almost every MMO i played had an exploit but so far i cant remember any of those exploits are related to real money like astral diamonds, almost all of them was about items that can be obtained only and only by playing the game cheers.
  • Options
    mystikmiamimystikmiami Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A: We took the Neverwinter OBT down for emergency maintenance, found the bug, corrected it and tested it. In order to fix the damage this exploit caused to the in-game economy, we implemented a necessary rollback of our servers to 5:20 AM PDT the morning of May 19, 2013. This means that characters have been reverted to the state they were in at that time, pre-exploit damage. That includes items, level, experience, etc.

We know that character progress matters in Neverwinter, so as an apology for the lost time and as profound thanks for your continued support throughout this Beta, we are putting together a package of items to give everyone. We plan to distribute this towards the middle or end of this coming week, possibly on Friday 5/24.
    [/QUOTE]

What about the diamonds I earned in the Auction House LITERALLY right around that time? I specifically remember looking at the time when I noticed my diamonds weren't attached (4M). You know, it was something along the lines of:

You sold an item to such and such for 4.5M, after the house cut its 4M and some change.

Yet the diamonds weren't attached? That's when I started to think something was wrong. What if I get in game and the diamonds OR the item I sold aren't there? What then?

And YES I did send a support ticket through the H menu as soon as it happened to me.

Below is the proof I submitted a ticket BEFORE this disaster.

http://gyazo.com/37dd53996bbf661979f9dfe88caf3f55
  • Options
    gruntpyregruntpyre Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Will the influx of millions/billions of AD transferred BEFORE THE 7HOUR CUTOFF PERIOD be removed from the economy? Will you provide a new server, for players who've purchased founder packs/zen to start on, cloning their purchases for use on that server?

The truth is, the economies were ruined before massive public exploiting because of the non-public exploiting that was already occurring. This band-aid hasn't fixed the economy.

I'd like a server with a fixed economy. Will you make this?
  • Options
    bugs55678bugs55678 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What happened to no roll back?

A rollback is completely different than a wipe. They said no wipes, not no rollbacks.
  • Options
    ifeeldeadpeopleifeeldeadpeople Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cyrcle wrote: »
    Wait, wait, wait. Now you HOPE? I thought you KNEW that this roll back will remove all the illegitimate currency.

It wont remove it all of it, only the most blatant offenders.
    Those who knew of the exploit have already laundered their gains through the AH and have placed them on dozens of mules for later use long before this roll back date.
    The reason it got so bad is that those who knew about the exploit had gotten all they wanted from it and no longer needed it, and told others, these others are idiots and didn't know how/didn't care to stay below the radar, thus the massive inflation of AD and SEN exchange. I'm not even gonna bother with those that profited tangentially from this.

TL;DR: No, it will not remove all the illegitimate AD.
  • Options
    l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It was more than a small group of people exploiting.

7 hour rollback will do nothing.

A thank you package? LMAO! I bet the exploiters will get one also.

The game economy is trashed and the exploiters have won.
  • Options
    warfluxwarflux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree with the rollback since this is a full release and not beta.
  • Options
    caucxicancaucxican Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    Acknowledging the banning of people exploiting this bug before today will make most of the angry people in this thread happy.
  • Options
    eggylisk99eggylisk99 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ctdummy80 wrote: »
    Because it's 7-8 hours of in game time. In other words about 7-8 hours from when they took the servers down. So it will affect 7-8 hours of actual server game time.

Yep, answered earlier. Thanks.
  • Options
    kassadiskassadis Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The gear was out for more than the duration of a roll back that was obtained through exploitable means, this will not get rid of the currency that was stockpiled on alt accounts and friends accounts of exploiters. This rollback may assist in destroying a large portion of the exploited goods but this takes peoples levels backwards if they did not obtain max level before that period removing an auction house for them to use to prepare for max level when they hit it when you bring the game back up. This takes REAL players time backwards maybe the sets they put together for a bonus or that lucky castle never weapon finally dropped. God forbid someone finally landed their nightmare mount during this time frame that your pounding their butts backwards to, however while all of these sacrifices may be ok if it accomplished fixing the goal at hand... IT DOES NOT. I am not wanting to push a wipe but if your going to go backwards to an exploit that was slightly abused before open beta even started with one shotting bosses from a GF set bonus to a astral diamond exploit from 2-3 weeks ago you either need to go that far back which is practically a complete wipe so do it, or address the situation is a more reasonable and mature manner with the amount of time your company has had to hold conferences and discuss techniques to tackle this problem at hand this seems like a really juvenile method for both the time taken which is longer than the roll back your doing plus the concept of a minor rollback not of economical value but complete server roll back? We understand that disciplinary actions wont fix damage done to a game wide economy or the equipment that exists but you don't have to try to fool us that a minor rollback will fix month long problems treat us people like people not dumb children...
  • Options
    vinzovinzo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    Lies, deceit, and cover ups. It took an entire day to formulate a plan and that plan was to rollback only seven hours? This is wrong on so many levels. I have a hard time believing they didn't know about these exploits weeks ago, and they've done nothing.

If you won't do a complete wipe, then give those of us who want it a choice to re-roll on a new untainted server. After of course you fix ALL of these exploits
  • Options
    dengyw84dengyw84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    I mean you are kidding right? I honestly thinks that these exploiters needs to be perm-ban or removed from the server(i am pretty sure most will agree), if you are going to give us something in return i would definitely prefer a ban for those involved than getting some kind of consolation pack in return(with them having billions or trillions, god knows how much AD sitting in there).

I hope PWE has a better way of dealing with exploiters like that than just roll-back and hope that it won't happen again.

utterly upset founder.
  • Options
    crasharrcrasharr Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is just amateurism. 7 hour roll back for a 6 week old exploit. No actions taken to all the other 15 exploits that have been around and have been ticketed and ignored. All you are doing is favour those who have been abusing these exploits for weeks. I'm not one to don a tin-foil hat but this doesn't just smell fishy, its outrageous and condescending towards your player base to think this would be enough to make up for your incompetence.

I'm not accepting this as handled properly at all. I have had no prior affiliation with PWE but I'm now starting to see where all the claims about PWE being a quick cash grab organisation comes from. If anything this entire BETA( which it isn't ) really smells like a scam, a pyramid scheme, a wilful deception of your player base.

I started to loose interest in this game when there was no action taken against the GF/CW exploit, how that even made it into the real world is just mind boggling. With this latest exploit exposed and the way it is being handled you hit the final nail in your coffin yourself. No company will ever be able to get rid of the red flags that are now associated with PWE.

The cat is out of the bag. Disgraceful, amateurism at its best, either it is incompetence or something else entirely. But as I said, I don't like wearing yee ole tin-foil hat!
  • Options
    fongadorfongador Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I don't even get why you bothered with a rollback if it was going to be that short. This didn't just start Sunday morning.

/shakes head
  • Options
    fiothas1fiothas1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i don't care what they do, a wipe , rollback, I just want to play soon :)
  • Options
    taohuabitaohuabi Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi there. Last night when I was searching in AH I got an error and the AD needed for purchase was -1. Will this problem be solved during AH maintenance?
  • Options
    devlinnedevlinne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you for the rollback...although it should have been a 24 hr roll back AT LEAST....but i'll take what i can get.

Now just one more thing......It seems that your post on "THERE WILL BE NO MORE WIPES" is just not reaching some ppl.

Perhaps make an announcement in forums, with a locked thread and just say it so a special bus kid can understand it " There will NEVER be a wipe, not even if u kick and scream and bang your fists/head on a wall....NEVER EVER will there be a wipe"

Some ppl just don't get it. ALSO i suggest making this announcement INGAME too for the next week, so that EVERYONE gets the message-__-
    PITY,REGRET, AND MERCY are just EXCUSES for the strong not to kill the weak!
  • Options
    kosiarz86kosiarz86 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When will the shards be back again??:(
  • Options
    torrenz1torrenz1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    We took the Neverwinter OBT down for emergency maintenance, found the bug, corrected it and tested it.
    If this is true and the bug is fixed and tested,
    When the servers do come back up, a few systems will not be active: the Auction House and the Astral Diamond exchange. When the servers are back up and running, well still be examining these features and preparing some resolutions.
    why will the auction house and exchange remain deactivated?
  • Options
    caiocapassocaiocapasso Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At the very least Cryptic should admit the much longer existence of this exploit and promise to go after all the players that abused from it throughout the last few weeks. Also, there are a bunch of other exploits and abuses floating around that aren't necessarily linked to this one that are being taken advantage of.

I'm glad that I haven't spent a dime on this game so far. If illegal actions that devalue my fake in-game money are being treated like this, I honestly don't think Cryptic will take good care of my real dollars.
  • Options
    saberghost16saberghost16 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OPEN BETA- this means when the game goes live you are starting all over again. The current issues/exploits/bugs that are being resolved now obviously have the most impact on the game play and overall player experience. The more that the Developers can work out now = a better product the day NEVERWINTER goes live. it's ok fellow gamers. Take it one breath at a time and before you know it, you will be back to grinding , pvping and foundry designing. Best of luck to all the players re rolling lock boxes and drops from bosses. Take your time Neverwinter developers/managers game designers and coding team. Just like the rest of the players I cant wait for pvping again.
    -Q. founders/gaurdian packs refunded or will it be a case by case purchase and support ticket
    -Q. Professions started 5-6 hours prior to the proposed rollback time totaling 18hrs in length. Is all progress lost or will it actually go back to being 5-6 11-12hrs complete?
    -Q.will the rollback time effect individual players game launchers to not have the updated patch and cause uninstall/re-install to be performed?
  • Options
    smrtstnsmrtstn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vylker wrote: »
    Ban all these accounts, we dont want exploiters in the game

Not like they can't just make a new account.
  • Options
    wizzinwizardwizzinwizard Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    caucxican wrote: »
    Acknowledging the banning of people exploiting this bug before today will make most of the angry people in this thread happy.

From what I've seen from the majority of the posts, it won't. But, to be fair, a lot of the angry posters have been raging since the start, would have found something else to latch on and rage about etc.
  • Options
    genryu20genryu20 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    The really sad thing is you make it ok to cheat and exploit.

This exploit was there in closed beta and abused by closed beta testers and guilds (many of whom know devs and/or are devs) yet its been ok to leave this exploit in cuz it was hush hush.

Someone finds out about it and posts it on the forums to expose this corruption and you guys jump to shut down the server to contain a "newly found exploit" . Sorry but think I lost faith in this game and Cryptic as a whole.

All of the polls on this site and comments in these forums to FB and twitter were all in support of a wipe. Yet still no wipe. Why? Because those who greatly benefited from this exploit will not lose all that much.

Why will a wipe
    1) it will reset the AH and all the econimic issues
    2) it will affect the abusers and their mule and alt accounts
    3) it will fix all the exploited gear and glory from the pvp exploit
    4) more people are for it than are against it

Thats total <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> as fixed polls mean nothing lol. Also any polls done are not done with every single person that plays this game
  • Options
    fongadorfongador Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    l1d3n wrote: »
    It was more than a small group of people exploiting.

7 hour rollback will do nothing.

A thank you package? LMAO! I bet the exploiters will get one also.

The game economy is trashed and the exploiters have won.

While I don't condone their actions it does appear the exploiters got the last laugh and a ton of AD out of this one.
  • Options
    sirjestosirjesto Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 176 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    eggylisk99 wrote: »
    What's with all the posts saying 7/8 hour rollback? How is 11pm PDT reverted to 5am PDT = 7/8 hours?

Because it went down at noon.
  • Options
    eggylisk99eggylisk99 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just of note, there was something off in the Zen/AD exchange hours before their deduced 5am time frame. Hours before this, the exchange was already at a high of 480/460 - well above the norm of 360/340.
This discussion has been closed.