test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Open Beta begins April 30, 2013!

cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
edited May 2013 in News & Announcements
Neverwinter will enter Open Beta on April 30, 2013!

Our upcoming free-to-play action MMORPG will be fully open to the public on April 30, 2013. Millions of brave adventurers will soon be able to defend the city of Neverwinter against Valindra Shadowmantle and hordes of other creatures who threaten the Forgotten Realms.

How would you like to play before anyone else? Neverwinter Founders will have exclusive early access to the game before the general public. Get a head start and lead the charge!

Hero of the North Founder's Pack: Five-day early access - play on April 25th!
Guardian of Neverwinter Pack: Three-day early access - play on April 27th.
Note: There will be no character wipes after April 25th.

Open Beta start times for Founders and non-Founders: http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=867801
Learn more about Open Beta and Beta Weekend Four here: http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=849741

Are you excited for Neverwinter Open Beta? Let us know by leaving a comment!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pyrophoriapyrophoria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This is amazing news! Will Founders have the rest of our goodies as well?
  • zbkoldezbkolde Member Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Very excited! Long and dreary are the days i cannot get into Neverwinter. :)

Will the Menzoberranzan Renegade drow be available on April 25th to the players who purchased the HotN pack?
  • arodatobasarodatobas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It will have an reset on the open beta? or we will keep our chars on release?
  • philbe63philbe63 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thank you for this information! I love you guys.
  • randomdispalynamrandomdispalynam Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 162 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Gratz Cryptic! Lets get this party started!
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?18401-Neverwinter-Extended-FAQ
    If not sure if a thread is posted, try the SEARCH function below:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/search.php
  • cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited April 2013
    arodatobas wrote: »
    It will have an reset on the open beta? or we will keep our chars on release?

You will keep your characters when we begin Open Beta for early access on April 25th.
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I will try to complete foundry manual by 25th then!
  • cwiyk13cwiyk13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Woohoo! :)
    Krae Vull - Devoted Cleric
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    I will try to complete foundry manual by 25th then!

This makes me think of only one song: PRESSURE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iyv905Q2omU

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • uxigaduruxigadur Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Great news indeed!! :D
  • baalah1baalah1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 106 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    did I not state the one cryptic had cleared all the major hurdles from beta's 1,2,& 3 we would recieve the news we was waiting for.
    www.guildmedieval.com If you need a guild read over our website then consider joining. :cool:
  • vernedndvernednd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    *head explodes*

Awesome news! Thanks for the extra beta weekend and the notification about open beta!

Cheers!
    Fighter.jpg
  • unholydragonkingunholydragonking Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    "If you played in Beta Weekend Three, you can continue your progress and grow even stronger!"

"There will be no character wipes after April 25th."

I am slightly confused, does this mean we will still have our character from weekend three or will they wipe before the 25th?
  • erideitaerideita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 304
    edited April 2013
    Well, both. You will be able to play your BWE3 character during BWE4, but after that they will be wiped.
    edited April 2013
    "If you played in Beta Weekend Three, you can continue your progress and grow even stronger!"

I am slightly confused, does this mean we will still have our character from weekend three or will they wipe before the 25th?

I believe, from the information i've seen, that the closed beta characters will be wiped after BW4. Once Open Beta starts, there will be no more wipes. Characters created on April 25th and thereafter will not be wiped.
    edited April 2013
    EDIT: Ah I see what you mean... thanks for clearing that up.
  • baalah1baalah1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 106 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    while i can not play during the next bw4 since i do not have a pack- i Can wait for april 30th when the open beta does start up. No reason to get upset about missing on beta weekend-- our time to play is coming soon enough :D
    www.guildmedieval.com If you need a guild read over our website then consider joining. :cool:
  • erideitaerideita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 304
    edited April 2013
    But the 25th is the earliest date possible for people with the correct pack to begin playing in Beta Weekend 4 is it not? So if we could play our characters from BW3 in BW4.... Now I'm losing my train of thought .__.

No, 25th is the early access for HotN. BWE4 is scheduled from April 12th to April 15th.
    edited April 2013
    But the 25th is the earliest date possible for people with the correct pack to begin playing in Beta Weekend 4 is it not? So if we could play our characters from BW3 in BW4.... Now I'm losing my train of thought .__.

Ah, i think i see your confusion.

Along with the announcement of Open Beta, they also announced an additional closed beta weekend. BW4 is April 12-14. After April 14th, all characters will be wiped. Everyone starts fresh on April 25th.
    edited April 2013
    zbkolde wrote: »
    Ah, i think i see your confusion.

Along with the announcement of Open Beta, they also announced an additional closed beta weekend. BW4 is April 12-14. After April 14th, all characters will be wiped. Everyone starts fresh on April 25th.

Alas, I had grown quite fond of my rogue, it will be a sad moment to see it go. I had it just the way I liked to too, oh well, more fun to be had recreating it again I guess.
  • reburrebur Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Also means to spend the Astral Diamonds and Zen carefully you won't be getting them back after April 25th with a reset.
    CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor
    Motherboard: Asus P8Z68-V PRO ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    OS SSD: OCZ Vertex 4 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Hard Drive & Crucial 256GB SSD x 2
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-biit)
  • cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited April 2013

We will wipe right after Beta Weekend Four, then there will no more character wipes after.
  • devoteoftempusdevoteoftempus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 473 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Most fun D&D game yet? Utter bull <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Baulders Gate series, NWN series, even IWD beats Neverwinter to the ground. NWN series has the most robust UGC that allows a living world to be created by players, something that Cryptic completely missed the mark on. Hell I still tack up DDO as the better D&D game as I was yawning during Betas but that's a matter of opinion.

Don't make arrogant or presumptuous claims, let fans do that.
  • thunderspankerthunderspanker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 713 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    As a fan, i want to make an arrogant and presumptuous claim.. this is the best game in the history of dwarven-kind.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Himmelville - Are you easily frightened?
    Click Here

On one side of the mountain, there were bones...
    edited April 2013
    As a fan, i want to make an arrogant and presumptuous claim.. this is the best game in the history of dwarven-kind.

Agreed! :)

*raises a frothy mug to thunder*
  • neeshka4neeshka4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thanks for the news. :)
  • rd2playrd2play Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Will we f2p'ers need an additional key to gain acces to the BW4 or can we enter with one of our older keys ? (bw3 in my case). no problem either way I can wait till the 30th, still as a fan-crafter I would like to get a peek at the professionsystem and give my 2cents.

Thanks for the Hard work guys looking forward to the fun palying this awesome game!
  • kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    rd2play wrote: »
    Will we f2p'ers need an additional key to gain acces to the BW4 or can we enter with one of our older keys ? (bw3 in my case). no problem either way I can wait till the 30th, still as a fan-crafter I would like to get a peek at the professionsystem and give my 2cents.

Thanks for the Hard work guys looking forward to the fun palying this awesome game!

Must have a Pack or unused key AFAIK
  • daro40daro40 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Very excited! And good to know, that open beta character = launch character :)
  • mogwaimogwai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The only thing i'm not clear on is whether we'll need another key to access BW4..?

It looks as if one will not be needed but there's a suspicious looking segment...
    "- If you played in Beta Weekend Three, you can continue your progress and grow even stronger!"
    can could mean able to if your lucky.
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]