test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction House Offline

Comments

• dalgomardalgomar Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    YO...Paranoia will Destroy you! Do you belong to the "Conspiracy Theory of the Week" Club? :p Just Saying...

Laugh it up sheep boy, but when the alien reptiles beam you up and drain your blood for a Feast of Reaping who will be laughing then!?!?!?!?
    ALL HAIL THE ONE TRUE GOD XENU AND HIS MESSIAH SON TOM CRUISE!
  • akilaeakakilaeak Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ...what's going to happen to all of those cats?

Obviously they'll be relocated to the Dethklok Home for Wayward Kitties..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwaD9tb1P50
  • moshpet02moshpet02 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    /rant

I hope to hell we can get an answer as to when the game will be up. I rather detest being strung along for hours on the hopes of soon(TM). Just tell us flat out the when game will or will not be up. All this putzing around really doesn't make sense when all they have to do is say. "The Game will be offline for one-two days while we get our <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> together and figure out which coder to fire for this caulk up."

Seriously, if the issue is this big, you can do that sort of thing and not anger anyone.
    (Not to mention you all had this same issue back in STO... right?!?!?)

M.
  • golargegolarge Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i dont have a twitter account so you will have to provide links to those posts

I don't have a twitter account either, but you can read them here https://twitter.com/NeverwinterGame
    Conscience is the voice in the back of your head that warns you somebody may be looking.
  • solyad1solyad1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    bowmankcmo wrote: »
    a game can be both beta and charge real money for in-game items

welcome to the new model. and if you've spent money, you've supported the new model.

what you decide to call it doesn't matter.

the game is beta. AND you can buy things with real money in the game.

it is both of these things.

Doesn't make a **** difference what they call it. Bottom line is it is permanent which makes it much more complicated for them to fix.
  • v3g3taxv3g3tax Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they say anything about when this is gonna come back online
  • baountbaount Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ivikatasha wrote: »
    Lmao...... There will be major bugs and problems when it goes 'live' too, just like with every other game.....

Oh , must have missed out on the hidden mess. I wrote and said that there wont ... oh wait , never said there aint gonna be major problems on a live game ...
    silly me and you sir , silly you /DubbleaxeHandedFacepalm ...
  • drakossidrakossi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just love it when people start screaming..."they are not going to wipe from beta to live". this is a Naive assumption at worst. and an unrealistic expectation at best. To those who say they have repeatedly stated as such, show me proof, show me links to these fabled posts. If you have such proof I will happily eat crow on the above statement.

They have said they will not wipe servers in this particular exploit instance yes, but do not try to turn that into them not wiping after beta. that's simply an unrealistic expectation. I have yet to play in a beta test where the servers were not wiped before the game transferred to live servers, and trust me when I say I have played in A LOT of MMO beta's. Not one of which ever allowed beta characters on live servers.

Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 17m
    @epictoplanewill No, there will be no character wipe with the Live launch.

There are several other posts on this forum by developers but I am, like you, lazy and don't want to search for them.;)
  • mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah I'm going to be pissed if it gets reset because of this. I'm at 6 days right now:mad:

You guys do realize that ARDENT coins don't reset, right? Celestial coins do, but since the most expensive thing you can buy with them right now only costs 7 that shouldn't be much of an issue.
  • r3ds0nowr3ds0now Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They keep BSing about when they coming back
  • xjsperiaxjsperia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was gonna charge some zen when I got on today but server is down, when is it coming on?
  • lukumslukums Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Keep the fail administrator posts coming, posted on page 220, to tell us there is a plan in motion - "ALL AHEAD FULL" mentions nothing further to spite him and the rest of the fail staff... it will be down for more hours n hours n hours n hours. This has happend so many times else where its called stalling.
  • dahlyradahlyra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wait you guys, I need to make some more popcorn. This is the best soap opera I've seen in awhile.
    LAWL....*offers you some popcorn* I stocked up hours ago.
  • barbcrossingbarbcrossing Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    except that this is exactly when the zen shop WOULD open. They have to test it out before they can have it go live. Or the final release of the game will end up like diablo3, with a broken useless marketplace right off the bat.
  • ryonasryonas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ok i just wanted to say a solution they could follow i noticed that they that could easily solve the issue in my opinion

1st that Gateway thing ==> one word about it --> Destroy it for it is the easiest hacking to be done is through a website that could be client or server side attacks and it puts accounts and economy at risk for being hacked

if not remove the auction house from Gateway and let is be just for mailing and crafting - period

2nd For the Astral Diamond and Auction House problem - They got some security system i noticed
    I went to my aunt and connected to her DSL that had different ip than my regular ip basically the accounts got like trusted ip addresses - i understand that ip addresses are changeable - but nowadays since NAT has been here

an ip address hardly changes over 3 weeks like rarely out of rarely they are not static but hardly change and take the risk for it

so when i got to my aunt i could not login and had to verify that ip address through mail meaning that any access to the server

through client or gateway is recorded as trusted since it is verified by link sent

through the mail meaning that the owner himself of (their system is kinda similar to valve's steam guard system)

the account verified that ip-address so what i would do depending on this is the following

get all the accounts and match their confirmed (trusted) ip-addresses and check if they used the exploit if they did - give them 2

month and half ban with no characters ( let them start new) - on all of the accounts holding the same ip-addresses and track

through the items and transactions and find alternative fixes for it ( which you guys working on probably roll back i guess)

it is not that hard and does not need a genius to do a TSQL query on your databases to find it in 4 hours at uttermost with a

developers team
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    r3ds0now wrote: »
    They keep BSing about when they coming back

Apart from their initial 1 hour estimate they've given no exact times.
  • jaymadiv#8056 jaymadiv Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, don't care when they get the servers back up. they can take as long as they like fixing the problems.

I just want to get an update on where things stand, and what their plan of action is for the immediate future, how they are going to fix the damage done.

then I'm going to bed.
  • kornkilla2kornkilla2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ok ive been waiting for almost 12 hours for something that shouldve taken 1 hour...any longer and im gunna be frickin pissed off,....i tell u hwaht
  • geldongeldon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Personally, I hope that, as a part of the "rollback" in this "plan of action," everybody who got AD from third parties that exploited in Neverwinter lose all that money and everything they purchased with it, even to the point where their accounts have negative AD balances. All that, without being compensated for the real money they gave third party gold sellers. The very fact that people pay gold sellers, ever, is the reason why some MMORPGs are absolutely lousy with these people spamming their gold selling tells, and the people who support that deserve to be burned for it.

A complete wipe would assure 100% success to these ends but, unfortunately, I think Cryptic/Perfect World is begotten to certain promises they made along those lines. Personally, I'd nuke it from orbit, just to make sure, and only restore from records direct-from-Perfect-World purchases, and if that drove away a bunch of self-entitled people who bloviate about how we should tolerate a ruined economy, then good riddance, go ruin somebody else's game. Lucky for you guys, I'm not running things.

(Edit: Number #2222, quads don't lie, check em'!)
  • astyanathastyanath Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so...6hours..25min...nothing, off to play wizardry on steam
  • ivikatashaivikatasha Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    baount wrote: »
    Oh , must have missed out on the hidden mess. I wrote and said that there wont ... oh wait , never said there aint gonna be major problems on a live game ...
    silly me and you sir , silly you /DubbleaxeHandedFacepalm ...

"It's in a Open Beta since there are major bugs and problems"

You are the one who implied that the difference between open beta and live is the existence of major bugs and problems.

Pick your words better next time.
  • inu755inu755 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Okay so that every single idiot out there this game is still in the open beta. Reason one then you go to game site they are still talking out beta and have yet to say anything about the live date of this game. many games allow you to get in-game money (Zen) during then open beta this alone does not make the game live. You will know when the game is live because there will be a big announcement on the site. if you still thing the game is live then go ask the dev team or tweet to neverwinter and ask them your self.

on a side not to all that i do hope that these problems the players (that means those who took advantage of PW) will be fix soon by anything but a wipe seeing as the player base for this game would drop significantly.

:o
  • slapthathogslapthathog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 50
    edited May 2013
    The wife and I are founders. Plus we each purchased $40 in Zen since open beta.

We say hack the exploiters/hackers. Eye for an eye. All persons involved with exploiting and profiting from AD/Zen bug, have their accounts stripped and their characters left naked and broke on Icespire Peak. Just like what happens to the honest player when they get hacked, they can rebuild from scratch or quit. I dare say they can have their initial starting pack stuff from whatever pack they purchased (but I don't care if they even get that). Broke and naked that's what we say...

Do your best to repair the damage and let's move on. Everyone wants to play, and not one honest player will shed a tear for those that blew it for everyone!

That's all for now - this is our knee jerk reaction...

Peace out to the honest player.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Nobody loves me but my mother, and she could be jiving too!"

Dungeon: Power of the Loc-Nar
    Author: @Merryblues
    Short Code: NW-DCPWC4FTI
    Average Duration: 23 min
    Forum Link: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?282392-Power-of-the-Loc-Nar
  • officerpantherofficerpanther Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 124
    edited May 2013
    kornkilla2 wrote: »
    ok ive been waiting for almost 12 hours for something that shouldve taken 1 hour...any longer and im gunna be frickin pissed off,....i tell u hwaht

WHOA whoa!!! I'm calling PWE right now, don't get pissed off.... I'll get em moving just for you.
  • megatokyo176megatokyo176 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have consumed a record amount of Butthurt™ Brand Popcorn, while watching this Pissing contest.
  • commissarmikecommissarmike Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    drakossi wrote: »
    Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 17m
    @epictoplanewill No, there will be no character wipe with the Live launch.

There are several other posts on this forum by developers but I am, like you, lazy and don't want to search for them.;)

Behold, your fabled proof: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?117801-Neverwinter-Open-Beta-begins-April-30-2013!

The piece in question is as follows:

"Hero of the North Founder's Pack: Five-day early access - play on April 25th!
    Guardian of Neverwinter Pack: Three-day early access - play on April 27th.
    Note: There will be no character wipes after April 25th."

I really hope everyone sees this once and for all.
  • sillmarisillmari Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nuromal wrote: »
    nice try i know that is the rick roll link k thx bye

I'm not trying to Rickroll....
    If there is ever a time when he is needed, it is now. :D
  • solresolsolresol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No, we're all-steam-ahead right now. We've got our plan locked in, we're moving forward on it.

QUOTE]

For once I'm happy to be wrong!
  • aeonaheartaeonaheart Member Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    chaos134 wrote: »
    They'll be more content probly after game goes live. I'm still waiting to see Training books get released. My cleric is way under powered to heal me at higher lvl zones. I do enjoy this game and I want to keep playing.

LOL this must be your first PWE game. I enjoy it too... and have enjoyed several other PWE games. But no... after 4 betas you learn. "Open Beta" = "Live Launch"

New content updates happen in every MMO all the time. That is not what signifies "live launch". Those are new versions of the old game and that is why they usually have new titles (both Forsaken World and PWI recently had new content versions & titles changed).

Bottom line... there is absolutely nothing that will distinguish the "live launch" from the "open beta". PWE has removed the word "testing" from the phrase "beta testing". "beta" is now just another free floating concept they can define any way they wish. Therefore there is no such thing.
  • tobogontobogon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Eh, more just that with this much downtime, whatever we end up saying is going to be very important to a lot of players, so I need sign-off from a couple people.

"a couple of people" i.e. legal department

Not hard to figure out considering
    This space for rent