What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction House Offline

Comments

• Options
    mutepoint1mutepoint1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    I just gotta say... I love the admin people here. They have a sense of humor!

I mean, yea, back in my WoW days, I got a *hug* from a GM when I was having a bad day. But I NEVER say anyone even comment on someone asking for confirmation of compensatory tacos!

The only way this can get better, is if they either e-mail us pics of tacos, or bring the game up now, or email us pics of tacos AND bring the game up now! ^_^
  • Options
    vekoolvekool Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There was drama when the bug was found:

"OMG such a game breaking bug and they are doing nothing - close the server, wipe all data etc"

The drama after they closed the server:

"OMG I can't play, It was Sunday, how long will it take? What are they doing"

If they are trying to rollback the transactions (which would mean that for those who didn't cheat there is nothing to worry about as your progress will be saved) + banning the account holders; without a server wipe or complete rollback. Then let them take there own time doing so. I am prepared to wait a week too, provided I get a better bug free experience.

PWE usually doesn't rollback anything (they never did so in some of their other games) they simply repossess / roll back transaction wise so that those who are innocent don't have to lose any progress and THIS TAKES TIME.
    Here is My ID in case u guys want a noob Inductor, who is AFK, offline or too busy too respond - most of the time.

NO ID - I QUIT CAUSE REAL LIFE HIT ME BACK. GL AND HF IN GAME:D

(WILL STALK THE FORUMS)
  • Options
    officerpantherofficerpanther Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 124
    edited May 2013
    solyad1 wrote: »
    That does not mean <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. They are taking cash, the game is live. Deal with it.

You were dropped on your head as a kid, weren't you?
  • Options
    ssoftmaidenssoftmaiden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Omg... How long is this going to take ?
  • Options
    dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Madness! :eek:
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • Options
    hammerhardwarehammerhardware Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i bet when the servers come up there is going to be a whole bunch of people standing around the auction house trying to see if the exploit works or not :D
  • Options
    chadblodgettchadblodgett Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    awdeoh wrote: »
    You're not one of the guys that still thinks Mitt Romney can win the 2012 election, are you?

I have never been one for politics personally. dont pay much attention to it.
  • Options
    morfeddmorfedd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You misread that feed, tormeanted... they were responding to someone about how long it would take support to answer their specific problem... not talking about the timeline for this problem.
  • Options
    karn89karn89 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Okay so its almost been 24 hours since I have prayed... Don't make me lose my coins...
  • Options
    akilaeakakilaeak Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Uh.. So just out of curiosity, has anyone asked about what's going to happen with our Ardent Coins..?

.....Cause I was supposed to renew mine, like, hours ago.

• Options
    lukumslukums Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Confirmed - There will be NO CHARACTER WIPE AT ALL ! Going from Beta to Live. GG WOOOT
  • Options
    archaicsealarchaicseal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    izgara wrote: »
    Learn to read before posting. The game is already in soft launch.

A full wipe would be asinine and a complete overreaction. Please, for the love of all that's supposedly holy, stop talking out of your backsides when you obviously don't know the entire scope of the situation. Just because you don't mind a full wipe, doesn't make you a saint. Just like protesting against a wipe doesn't brand someone a criminal. The devs have already made it clear - no wipes. Not now, and not after "official launch". So just take a cold shower and let the professionals do their job instead of hurling insults and tossing out hollow ideas without backing to them.

These devs have spent their weekend in over-time trying to fix a huge clusterf**** with minimal impact. They have been updating us regularly. True, the posts have not been very detailed, but they don't want to give out information that might end up changing later down the road. Being a developer myself I can really sympathize with being called in to spend my rare day off working.

I agree that the company itself may have issues with the way they handle things, especially Zen and currency, but all of that aside, I feel that this is a great game with a lot of potential. Keep up the good work.

Really kid? You mean you weren't around when they did the *SAME* exact thing in STO?

It's not that they didn't learn their lesson... this was planned. There won't be a wipe because this event will inflate ADs, making more people buy Zen. They did this before, maybe the first time in STO it WAS an honest mistake in the the hard code, but they did very well from the effects it had on the economy for a good while thereafter.

Yeah, sounds like a conspiracy theory huh? So you would rather believe they made the SAME EXACT mistake two times in a row?
  • Options
    lilacflame2013lilacflame2013 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    falson1 wrote: »
    i tried to read this but all i could get was.. Wahhhh! Wahhhh! Wahhh!
    love your post!
    Don't Mess with the Affairs of Dragons for you are Crunchy and Good with KETCHUP!!:p
  • Options
    draconianumdraconianum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    The kids need go outside a little =z
  • Options
    djdopeamindjdopeamin Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    solyad1 wrote: »
    That does not mean <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. They are taking cash, the game is live. Deal with it.
    youre kidding me right? Im trying to PROVE THIS GAME IS NOT IN OPEN BETA, ITS LIVE
  • Options
    barbcrossingbarbcrossing Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Youre all forgetting that this is a BETA stage of the game, characters can be wiped at ANY POINT IN TIME at the developers whim if they feel it is necessary. Stop crying and continue testing the game!
  • Options
    ronbo68ronbo68 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kronos6913 wrote: »
    Let me fill you in on ALL the exploits and when we found them.

1 - AH exploit - This is what all the current fuss is about. Too bad it was discovered and reported in closed beta, only to still make it in. Through this exploit one can earn unlimited AD and simply clean out the AD vendors, as well as buy up all the Zen they wanted. I knew about it and reported it on the day that I logged in. My ticket was closed and marked as resolved. Upon reading it further, I noticed that a GM told me the ticket was lost and to resubmit it. I did and kept playing. The second ticket was closed and "lost again". So I gave up reporting it.

2 - Quest sharing exploit - This allowed you to reach level 60 in about an hour of playing. It also allowed people to farm unlimited bags, assets, and materials. It was discovered and reported in closed beta, but still made it in to the open beta. Once again, I made a ticket about it only to have it closed. My follow up ticket was also closed.

3 - Foundry bugs - Were used to gain max level and farm gear. Although I knew about this bug, I did not report it because I thought the other two were more important.

4 - The CW set bonus bug allowing them to hit for millions points of damage. This was a very minor bug, but it still allowed a team of two or more CW's to farm end game content. I did not know about this bug, but plenty of people in my guild did.

5 - The GF set bug - Yet another set bug that allowed the GF to almost instantly kill any mob in the game. A lot more consistent than the CW set bug, and caused a lot of damage to the economy. I knew about this a few days into the game, but decided not to report it since my other tickets kept being closed and "lost".

6 - Chest farming exploits - These are still in the game and allow people to farm easy money, as well as gear and ingredients.

7 - There is already a bot out for Neverwinter that members of Tault Unleashed have been using. Currently it can be made to level or exploit chests. They are working on having it take care of professions and auto pray for you as well.

8 - TR DC bug - this was used mostly in PvP to instantly disconnect anyone the TR targeted with certain abilities. It allowed all TR groups to quickly win matches in the least amount of time possible.

9 - Potion exploit - Basically you can have unlimited healing potions - not much of an exploit since you can accomplish the same thing easier by using any other AD earning exploit and buying potions.

10 - AutoHotkey - Macro software that allows you to easily max your crafting.

11 - AFK PvP groups - creating a few accounts and making an AFK group (managed by AutoHotkey or the Viper bot), you can quickly earn XP and gear while you sleep.

12 - Their support site has not worked since launch. That's right, you can't even request a refund or report bugs through that thing! it gets stuck in an infinite loop after you log in to submit a ticket.

And at the end of that Reddit post is:

"As you can see we reported all these bugs to Cryptic in closed beta AND after the game launched, only to have our tickets closed and ignored.
    Now the only thing that can save the game is a complete wipe, but I doubt that the folks at Cryptic and Perfect World will ever realize this.
    Wow, just wow. I lack the words to describe the incompetence and greed displayed by both Cryptic and Perfect World here.
    Please keep this thread civil and don't mention how to do any exploits that are still active. I want this thread here for discussion, and not flaming."

So why is this part not in your post? I am going to guess you are just copy and pasting and not the real postatyourownrisk, are you?
  • Options
    cut1625478945213cut1625478945213 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tormeanted wrote: »
    Twitter FEED = 3 days to fix the problem... game over....

He was replying to someone who had entered a support ticket. It had nothing to do with the current situation.
  • Options
    mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bladen1234 wrote: »
    I think the Neverwinter Twitterdude has gone to bed. He stopped giving out arbitrary, non-committing stall tweets.

No, trailturtle is still around and posting. He isn't just reading Twitter and responding there. He's also trying to keep up with THIS thread and is responding here occasionally as well. While he's reading and catching up, he isn't posting. Not to mention the times he isn't posting because he's attempting to get more up to date info TO post.
  • Options
    djdopeamindjdopeamin Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Deleted - one can not get through to folks who can;t even keep their computer clean and then post screenshots with their crazy cluttered browser LOL

Yea those are bookmarks not toolbars duochebag
  • Options
    kinkykonakinkykona Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why do they need to check with shareholders first? It's a waste of time and money to do so. Server not up = less purchases made, and potential customers getting more and more frustrated as time goes on. If I was a "key stakeholder" I'd say just execute your plan and get it done, instead of wasting money triple checking a plan that you spent almost a whole day on. It better be a good plan after how much time was spent making, ****. </rant>
  • Options
    gamico1gamico1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    do we get any sort of in game compensation for making everyone wait 12hrs+ missing out on professions, dungeons exp etc? it's understandable as to why the game has been taken down but surely there is something for the people of the community that have been forced to wait nothing short of a lengthily amount of time.
  • Options
    gjack6014gjack6014 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You were dropped on your head as a kid, weren't you?

He isnt the only one http://www.mmorpg.com/showFeature.cfm/loadFeature/7418/The-Beta-Is-a-Lie.html
  • Options
    solresolsolresol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well my guess is servers will be down until tomorrow. They are waking up the stakeholders, asking them if it's cool to do some sort of roll back and then once ok'd will post that message Then do the fix tomorrow

So glad it's a holiday in Canada tomorrow
  • Options
    aikotahiaikotahi Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so that one time...at band camp
  • Options
    orantinaorantina Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nodic3 wrote: »
    Pleeese not full wipe, at least let us keep our character levels. Grindign for another week is gonne be a deal-breaker :S

If they let us keep character levels but wipe other stuff, will we still have the resources and gear to do content for our levels? Or will we have to take our characters to places we've already done just to earn gear good enough to do the stuff we should be doing? And if we have to go back to those places for that reason, then is there really any difference?

(I ask because I don't know technical stuff at all but I do still have logic and it seemed like a good question and semi on-topic?)
  • Options
    tormeantedtormeanted Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Update 12:15PM Pacific: We're bringing the shards down temporarily to better investigate the issue. Estimated downtime is 1 hour. Thank you!
  • Options
    smoletasmoleta Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just wondering when i can log back on =(
  • Options
    skylia120410skylia120410 Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    tormeanted wrote: »
    Twitter FEED = 3 days to fix the problem... game over....

if you viewed that convo the person was asking about a ticket he submitted 2 days ago
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character handle:@skylia120410
    (www.gwfnw.weebly.com)
    GWF GUIDE SITE: Still being worked on not 60 yet
    Divine Misfits (one of the Guild Leaders)(Guild Site Manager)
    www.divinemisfits.guildlaunch.com
  • Options
    mrchinomrchino Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    regnorvex wrote: »
    They're not going to commit to anything until they understand what they have and what steps need to be taken. I'm not sure it could be that much more informative. Hang in there and be patient, hard as it may be.

Stupid exploiters are at it again. This is the result of all those negative AH bids you've seen. Someone found a way to exploit that and create massive AD dumps. There's going to have to be some significant economy balancing after this so I'm very curious to see what steps they take. Hopefully, anyone touching that bug gets a perma-ban and their transactions unwound and obliterated.

Well thing is, from everything I saw and heard the entire Dragon server (probably the others as well) was in total chaos. Chat was going nuts people were buying Zen at maximum value (i think 500 AD per zen).. anyways.. my point is that practically everyone knew about it and at least 50% of those were using it.... If you consider how many of those vast numbers would come back if they were perm banned, then you would realize that chances are the game would loose at least 30% of it's current gaming population. I'm not sure they'll be able to survive if this happens. I'm not sure there's any solution which helps in an entirely positive way.

Fingers crossed this isn't the death of something before they refined it into the game it had the potential to be.