they say anything about when this is gonna come back online
  • vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes. They did.
  • baountbaount Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ivikatasha wrote: »
    "It's in a Open Beta since there are major bugs and problems"

You are the one who implied that the difference between open beta and live is the existence of major bugs and problems.

Pick your words better next time.

And there are major problems in a open bete , never stated that there WON'T be any major problems in Live , /RunningFacepalm ..
    and i'm way to tired to argue with someone behind a screen , can't be arsed , have a fun lifetime
  • blinken11blinken11 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Man, I want some arby's.
  • js3bjs3b Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think i hate too much popcorn
    Founder back a week ago, already pissed by cryptic ''no roll back'' decision

• steenmachinesteenmachine Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    don't act like the twitter CM has any idea of when things are going to be up and running. He more than likely knows as much as we do, and is probably being fed the same soon bull that we're getting from him.

pretty disappointing, but given the likeliness the devs first plan was inventing a time machine to go back to CB and prevent this ****ery I'm thinking the servers are up later, rather than sooner.
  • bowmankcmobowmankcmo Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    solyad1 wrote: »
    Doesn't make a **** difference what they call it. Bottom line is it is permanent which makes it much more complicated for them to fix.

well, it does make a difference. i don't pay for content in beta. i'm not even sure yet there aren't bugs or exploits in the cash transaction software, and i'm not cozy using real money to help them figure that out. obviously plenty of other people are, but they're the most vocal people here when things do go wrong. when they are reminded this is open beta, they flip **** and say it's not beta. they can't do that. they knew it was beta going in. they knew it was beta as they spent money.

that's the difference it makes. some of us sit back and take a wait-and-see approach as the game goes through it's beta growing pains. so far this game, to my mind, has been pretty smooth. or at least par-for-the-course. better than a lot of open betas, maybe not quite as smooth as others. but this isn't the stage where i let them play with my real money. and their announcing that this is open beta helps me make that decision.
  • lilacflame2013lilacflame2013 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sorry, just seeing if the sig works....:)
    Don't Mess with the Affairs of Dragons for you are Crunchy and Good with KETCHUP!!:p
  • fiddlsticks99fiddlsticks99 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They they....told me no wipes but...bad people...diamonds...zen...who said that? Stop touching me! AHHHHHHHH
  • knavery2112knavery2112 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    moshpet02 wrote: »
    /rant

I hope to hell we can get an answer as to when the game will be up. I rather detest being strung along for hours on the hopes of soon(TM). Just tell us flat out the when game will or will not be up. All this putzing around really doesn't make sense when all they have to do is say. "The Game will be offline for one-two days while we get our <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> together and figure out which coder to fire for this caulk up."

Seriously, if the issue is this big, you can do that sort of thing and not anger anyone.
    (Not to mention you all had this same issue back in STO... right?!?!?)

M.

They probably don't know. That's the short answer. The admin here is simply relaying the information that he's given. I don't think he wants to keep bothering the folks working on the issues every five minutes asking, "is it done yet!!??" There's a delicate balance that he has to adhere to... Wait for updates through chat or emails, and if no updates are given within the acceptable time frame, then start bothering them.

Then, whatever information the admin receives has to be cleared by his leads/managers before being conveyed to us here. We are the customers or clients. They need to wear kid gloves.
  • granville7482granville7482 Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was surprised to see a "No wipe" policy when they released beta and gave me my head start. Incidents like this one is exactly why.
  • angelxeyeangelxeye Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    Thats it~ Time to work on new sig pic =)
  • dahlyradahlyra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The wife and I are founders. Plus we each purchased $40 in Zen since open beta.

We say hack the exploiters/hackers. Eye for an eye. All persons involved with exploiting and profiting from AD/Zen bug, have their accounts stripped and their characters left naked and broke on Icespire Peak. Just like what happens to the honest player when they get hacked, they can rebuild from scratch or quit. I dare say they can have their initial starting pack stuff from whatever pack they purchased (but I don't care if they even get that). Broke and naked that's what we say...

Do your best to repair the damage and let's move on. Everyone wants to play, and not one honest player will shed a tear for those that blew it for everyone!

That's all for now - this is our knee jerk reaction...

Peace out to the honest player.
    [Agreed Sir!
  • greymasquegreymasque Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cutegay wrote: »
    Devs have already been made a fool of. Without a wipe they are just confirming this game is made for exploiters.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/1eebyi/an_exploiter_claims_to_have_made_almost_six/

Okay, at this point you're just spamming that link. Really? Once every few minutes? Repeating the same thing over & over?
    Fun fact: other games have had similar exploit problems, and resolved them without wipes. Also, they are fixing the exploit. Now would you kindly stop spamming that bloody link? (Especially since I'm sure that guy's account has been banned, if he hasn't been charged with something)
  • chadblodgettchadblodgett Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    blinken11 wrote: »
    Man, I want some arby's.
    bring home a 5 pack and send some my way...some arbys sounds darn good about now!!!
  • chunkienoodle26chunkienoodle26 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    djdopeamin wrote: »
    LOL @ ANYONE who thinks this game is in beta, at this point beta is literally just a word, there will be NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN NOW AND WHEN THE GAME IS "RELEASED".

You're an idiot. When the game is finally launched there will be new classes and race. And all the servers will be merged into one.

So yes, there will be a difference.
  • ivikatashaivikatasha Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    baount wrote: »
    And there are major problems in a open bete , never stated that there WON'T be any major problems in Live , /RunningFacepalm ..
    and i'm way to tired to argue with someone behind a screen , can't be arsed , have a fun lifetime

Then why did you say it is in open beta since there are major bugs and problems? You just made what you said totally moot.
  • dsgxsnipedsgxsnipe Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    can everyone shut up about the wipe there will not be one so get over and shut up.
  • tazman3002tazman3002 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just want to say, I'm bored and going to go play some World of Tanks.
  • bladen1234bladen1234 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    They are not going to wipe. If they wipe then everyone gets to spend their AD/Zen again. If you get to spend the currency you already spent, you'll spend THAT currency instead of buying more.

No way no how they wipe - whether it's the "right call" or not. Rolling out a game like this is a big investment and therefore a big risk. If you hit a homerun... JACKPOT!!! If you fail, you generally epicfail. The truth is they want to mitigate their revenue stream loss. The business managers see this outage in terms of lost revenue per second/minute. That's valid, but what's also valid is that they get the game right, so players keep coming back. That greatly extends the life cycle of the revenue stream. A 12-18 hour outage is costly. However, the game losing mass membership because of rapidly declining utility is so much more enormous of a loss of potential revenue. It's exponential in comparison.

My problem is that this MMO very much has a "play-to-win" cash shop. I think to a certain extent that's ok, but you can't bend people over for the basics of the game. For me, exploiting to make a super suit is not any fun. This is a theme park, I want to run the PVE, build my toon and then engage in PVP when I max out. I want fair pricing at the cash shop, crafting that isn't theoretical calculus (and actually is helpful and can stay on the front edge of leveling), balanced classes and an overall gaming experience that is challenging, but not next to impossible.

My honest opinion is that Neverwinter falls short on having a fairly priced cash shop, doesn't have balanced classes and crafting is pretty much useless.

IMO, they will make a ton more money if they fix these things, because they will get a bigger membership that will last longer.

Oh and one more thing... PVP needs serious work.

Hopefully, the reason they are calling this a "beta", even though there are going to be no more character wipes and the cash shop is (or at least was) open and functioning, is because they are looking for feedback from the early players to make the game the best it can be. It's beta because it's an unfinished product.

I see this AD exploit as bump on the road. It's not a big deal for me. I'm hoping they address the bigger long term issues. Otherwise, I don't see the possibility of me being able to pull my friends into the game and keep them being all that good.

Two of my buddies are MMO nuts - one of which is a animator for Disney working on the new Star Wars project - have already maxed out toons to 60 and are pretty much done with it. It's basically a rogues and priests game. All other classes are gimps. What fun is that? I'm still gutting it out with a 45 lvl GWF through non-foundry PVE. My toon is spec'd out as good as I can tell and his gear is decent, but he's a wuss. A GWF should be high DPS - he's anything but. Once I run through the whole story of the game, what else is there for me to do with a GWF, but get my hind end kicked repeatedly in PVP? The old-school NWN had foundry quests for ubers. My GWF, I'm about to give up on him at 45. AT 60 he'll probably be just as relatively wimpy.

You guys gotta fix that class.
  • yellowchalice1yellowchalice1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I grow weary of this, Is a wipe faster?
    If so i vote wipe
  • solyad1solyad1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    bowmankcmo wrote: »
    well, it does make a difference. i don't pay for content in beta. i'm not even sure yet there aren't bugs or exploits in the cash transaction software, and i'm not cozy using real money to help them figure that out. obviously plenty of other people are, but they're the most vocal people here when things do go wrong. when they are reminded this is open beta, they flip **** and say it's not beta. they can't do that. they knew it was beta going in. they knew it was beta as they spent money.

that's the difference it makes. some of us sit back and take a wait-and-see approach as the game goes through it's beta growing pains. so far this game, to my mind, has been pretty smooth. or at least par-for-the-course. better than a lot of open betas, maybe not quite as smooth as others. but this isn't the stage where i let them play with my real money. and their announcing that this is open beta helps me make that decision.

TLDR: Doesn't matter what they call it. It is permanent and they need a solution that does not compromise the fact that what is out there is permanent.
  • officerpantherofficerpanther Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 124
    edited May 2013
    tazman3002 wrote: »
    I just want to say, I'm bored and going to go play some World of Tanks.

I'm with ya Brotha!
  • startmanningupstartmanningup Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON I COME BACK 12 HOURS AFTER I ORIGINALLY TRY TO LOG ON AND STILL CANT PLAY? I'ive read a total of 6 different posts that consist of the game being up in 1 or 2 hours for a situation that should ACTUALLY only take ... 1 to 2 hours, how hard is it to eliminate the accounts that have been exploiting and rollback the diamonds they produced, I mean this is getting a little bit ridiculous, I think I'll reconsider the next time I want to put Zen on my account if it'll take me over a day to use it.
  • firstblood101firstblood101 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The post about our plan of action is being confirmed -- stay tuned, folks, we're getting closer.

From their Facebook
  • mithreinmaethormithreinmaethor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well we are at the 8 hrs and 50 mins mark for the Shards being down.....why is everyone so impatient sheesh !!!!!
  • waterworm19waterworm19 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why is everyone frustrated?

The guys there will fix the problems, they will find a way that's good for the big amount of players.
    Be positive, at least this problem will not occur again, because they will repair it.
  • morfeddmorfedd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Game probably won't be up until a few more hours - post about plan is incoming any time.
  • xyfor28xyfor28 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kornkilla2 wrote: »
    ok ive been waiting for almost 12 hours for something that shouldve taken 1 hour...any longer and im gunna be frickin pissed off,....i tell u hwaht

T-Rexie get outta there.... he put the h before the w!!!!!
  • vinzovinzo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    dsgxsnipe wrote: »
    can everyone shut up about the wipe there will not be one so get over and shut up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0