test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is anyone else having problems with graphic settings?

xolniaxolnia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
I'm currently running a laptop with the i7-3630qm, 8gb ddr3 - 1600mhz RAM and the NVIDIA GTX 675MX. This thing is brand spanking new. I run both Skyrim and Guild Wars 2 on the max settings possible flawlessly. When I got on Neverwinter for the third Beta week, the settings that were recommended for my system were between low - medium. I would've thought I should at least be able to get High settings off that setup, if not Max settings.

Note my Desktop (yes I realize the desktop will naturally be more powerful) has the i7-2600, 8gb ddr3 - 1333mhz RAM and an ATI 6770. It runs Neverwinter on max settings like a charm.

Anyone have any ideas as to why my recommended settings for Neverwinter are so low on the laptop?
Post edited by xolnia on

Comments

• bulletholemonkbulletholemonk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It's recommending low-medium because it's a Mobile CPU and GPU, and is recommending those settings likely so your battery doesn't die too quickly or to try and prevent overheating. I say go ahead and give it a shot at max settings and go from there. I generally ignore the "Recommended" settings anyhow.
  • kotor87kotor87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0
    edited March 2013
    I don't have problem at my side.
    My MSI laptop is not at max, but close. It was recommended medium by the system but I set it higher after few config tries.
    1 year old laptop that I got last year for my study, the spec is almost like yours, but lower.
    Well, you might wanna check on laptop setting
  • xolniaxolnia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Thanks for the input guys. I have tried it on every setting thus far. Minimum and Low let me run completely smoothly. Once I hit medium and up, it just lags more and more. Oh well, I'll be on my desktop most of the time anyways. Thanks again for the help.
  • babylonbabylon Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Might be the game is using your onboard graphics card and not the NVIDIA GTX 675MX. A few other laptop users have had this problem.
    THIS IS CLERIC AGGRO IN BW3
  • kotor87kotor87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0
    edited March 2013
    Are you by any chance has Optimus Technology in your laptop?
  • hamanglahamangla Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello everybody!

I need some help and advice about some serious graphic issues I'm experimenting on my laptop. It's a little bit old and I'm able to play the game on low settings but... all the character textures are missing! I see my own character and everyone elses completely pink! Also any other NPC's... Right at the beginning, when the game is loading, a grey bar on the bottom of the screen starts reporting PIXEL COMPILATION FAILURE and stuff like that. Funny thing is that hair and eyes are visible...

What can I do? Graphics card is an ATI Radeon Xpress 1200 Series

Thanks