test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction House Offline

Comments

• lishyaaklishyaak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are we gonna be able to play today or not?
  • entalyanentalyan Member Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
    xdprophet wrote: »
    Bye! Good riddance. I guess you didnt pay much attention in grade school economics did you. Ever hear of the US dollar? Japanese Yen? Governments print new money all the time and economy stabilize at a new equilibrium all the time. The game economy will settle out at a new AD/Zen supply/demand level with no additional steps past removing the exploit.

Matter of fact, the devs have even more control over the economy than those governments, so fixing it should be easier. Not easy ofcourse, I'm hoping they have an economist on staff, and some proper data analysts (although PW has a position open for one of them), so they can properly analyse their actions.
  • murpalmurpal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Would appreciate a real update...been a while since they told us "we are looking into the problem"
  • tredotredo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    durenas wrote: »
    They won't wipe. They will selectively rollback and ban individuals exploiting the bug, and remove the duped AD from the market.

In the long run, the economy will fix itself once these actions have been taken. It's a far better solution than to do a complete wipe, because they will lose a LOT of players who don't want to have to grind up totally new characters all over again. Time=money.

Its already been proven they CANT find all the guilty accounts... you don't see that these exploiters are smarter than the dev team.. this has been going on in STO for some time now... they have all their fake IP's, secondary accounts, mule toons, they CANT and WONT find the accounts. At this point, yes the game is fubar, just like the economy! Wipe is only way, after the exploit is fixed!! Oh here is my source for the claim about not being able to find the accounts; http://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/1eebyi/an_exploiter_claims_to_have_made_almost_six/
  • vold316vold316 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I dont mind if they do a character wipe, but it would be better if theyd do a roll back till the first time that this bug was abused.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The harder the game, the better."
  • snappypantssnappypants Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow. I guess you will never be IT. Maybe you should go to college. Ever heard of NAT (Network Address Translation)? 100's of thousands can share the same public IP.

Wow, guess you will never be in IT either other than a level one script monkey advising users to reboot their modems. Glad you learned what NAT is, try to find a better venue to flaunt your common knowledge. You have missed the mark here by quite a margin.
  • shaithis714shaithis714 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Updates/First post seems to be broken now.
    edited May 2013
    tredo wrote: »
    Its already been proven they CANT find all the guilty accounts... you don't see that these exploiters are smarter than the dev team.. this has been going on in STO for some time now... they have all their fake IP's, secondary accounts, mule toons, they CANT and WONT find the accounts. At this point, yes the game is fubar, just like the economy! Wipe is only way, after the exploit is fixed!! Oh here is my source for the claim about not being able to find the accounts; http://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/1eebyi/an_exploiter_claims_to_have_made_almost_six/

They don't have to find ALL the exploiters, they just have to find the people who benefitted most from it (or lost most), and deal with them (ban, rollback, value reduction/increase). And ofcourse fix the exploit ;)
  • aeonaheartaeonaheart Member Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    rogervee wrote: »
    Its being taken care of. But btw does anyone realize that all MMO players who actually rage on forums are : Astronauts, doctors, lawyers, cowboys, ninjas, Buddhist priests, shaolin monks, physicists, economists, philosopher, prophets, gun-experts, combat veterans (that defy normal combat veterans and boast about exploits), politicians, business majors, and super star athletes all wrapped into one person?

THERE will most likely be a rollback and banning of the most heinous exploiters, NO they won't provide you names or addresses to lynch them, NO the supreme court will not hear any cases about how PWI refunded your Zen and you don't feel spiritually whole or complete.

THE ECONOMY will easily recover, this has happened before in STO about 9 times, on a much larger scale and has been dealt with rapidly and the economy stabilized after 2 weeks. 120-200 AD for Zen is a normal price so dont get worked up about it, you simply just reached that point sooner than it normally would have been.

THE DEVS are awesome and this game is in transition to the full live status, its not bug free and with modern MMOs consisting of over 15-20 million lines of code, bugs and exploits will always be part of the game.

THE SUN will rise tomorrow and the day after and the day after that for around 4-5 billion years. IT IS NOT THE END OF YOUR EXISTENCE. So chill, and if still you are not satisfied that the people who exploited aren't burned, crucified, lynched, beaten, stoned, shot, curb stomped, permanently banned and you feel the need to quit, by all means don't let the door hit you on the way out. This is by far one of the smoothest transitions from open beta to live processes that PWI and other companies have had. If you disagree clearly you weren't paying attention or your new, and if you are new, you stop getting worked up after your 5th or 6th beta so...deep breaths.

Snow
    Dragon Server

1. Put the pom poms down and back away.
    2. This is NOT a beta. It's "full live status" already. They sell zen. End of story.
    3. As someone who has participated in quite a few PWE betas (closed and open), I can tell you're a first timer. Nice try, but... no this is not their smoothest roll out yet. Saying that proves you haven't been in other PWE betas.
    4. The company name is Perfect World Entertainment... PWI is one of their games... Perfect World International. Another dead give away that you don't know what your talking about.

If you've done PWE betas you'd already know that their idea of Open Beta is a full launch. It's not beta mode. lol
  • desorodesoro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sit back and enjoy the game. Arguing whether its BETA or not in your opinions is pointless. Because the game developers and maintainers say it is BETA. Case closed. Moan and groan all day if you want, you just look sad and ignorant. Its BETA, the community found a major currency glitch and now it is being fixed within 24 hours. Awesome in my opinion. Thank god it was found before official release and thank god it will only take a day. Blizzard(WoW), Riot(LoL), or EA(Lots) teams would have taken a lot longer and probably wouldn't officially comment on the glitch, they would just fix it and act like it never happened while masking the patch with the title "minor balancing patch".

Now I am going to do the three Ss (Sh**, Shower, and Shave) then go eat. By the time I am done, I will probably be able to sneak some gaming time in. Act civilized and do something similar rather then sitting on the forums pointless flaming.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dafuq you cryin' about? You first MMO??!
  • kimberixkimberix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you're not going to do a full wipe, could I have a cat as well please as I haven't been online all day?

I'll gladly take a 3 day ban in exchange for a 900k AD item.

Thanks.
  • slothargorslothargor Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    drama over pixels is the best soap opera ever! please continue, I am amused
  • xdprophetxdprophet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sickenme56 wrote: »
    I could be wrong, but....isn't there STATIC and DYNAMIC NAT? ... rofl... Wouldn't have said anything, but since you're trying to make someone else look stupid I guess I can help you look even more <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. By the way...you're welcome..I'll be expecting a Christmas Card.

Wow. You are an idiot too. All this points to what? Many people behind the same public IP address(s)? You are only helping prove my point. Wait. I will bet you are one of those cool people with the static IP address on your iPhone?!?!
  • parrish90parrish90 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wasn't really trying to antagonize anyone, or make them defensive, but I suppose I failed in that goal. I'll try to explain myself, and once again, I'll use bullet points :) :

1) I play single-player games. I love them. I spend far more time on them than I should. Here's a little secret for you, though: sometime you beat a game...then you beat it another way, or with another character...and so on. Then, if it's a game you REALLY enjoyed, you have to stop and wait for an expansion to get more content. Sometimes, and I know a multi-player guru such as yourself will find this hard to believe, there IS no expansion or sequel!!! Oh no!

2) Within the constructs of the games themselves, I tend to pay for play. I'm an adult. I make money. I have no problem spending that money on things I enjoy. If I decide to spend all my time in this game at level 2, dropping cash (or not) on dye packs, how does that impinge on your enjoyment? In fact, how does that not enable the devs to produce more and better content for those of you who advance past level 2? In your world of "compete-or-die", I'm only benefitting you.

3) Speaking of competition, I'm as competitive as they come....in the real world. I play video games for a change of pace. Where do you get the idea that your conception of what I should do with my free time is any concern of mine? In my day-to-day job, losing means death; not just for me, but for quite a few other people whom I respect very much. It's very refreshing to enter a virtual world where that's not the case.

4) If everyone played/thought like me, they'd have an almost limitless budget and would be able to develop games you couldn't even dream of. The last "free-to-play" game I played (SW:KOTOR), received over 1k in microtransactions from me as well as dual subscriptions (me and my son). We quit that game for this one.

A sincere thanks for your posts. There's more than one way to enjoy life, and gaming. You gave a moderate answer to a thoughtless post and further explained why many, many people game. I think you need to have worked hard and experience a lot of pressure during the work day to understand how a MMO like Neverwinter is actually quite relaxing and enjoyable and why us working folks don't mind dropping some money on it to enjoy it to the fullest.
  • a11enma11enm Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Spent the price of a good bottle of whisky on this game, just got to 60 and now I can't play. I was addicted to WoW for years, broke the habit, stopped smoking (twice, this time for real) wasted more time on SWTOR as I kept telling myself it WILL get better then finally I 'fessed up and thought yeah find another interest. So walking away for me and others will be easy.

The game is full of bugs but it's was fun but in light of my previous I don't think I will invest much more time/any money on such an ill conceived product, shame loved paper AD&D back in the 80's.

Well done cryptic, perfect example of, "snatching defeat from the jaws of victory."
  • masarykmasaryk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wonder if the devs can fix the initial post fail at the beginning of this thread?
  • durenasdurenas Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    clortbags wrote: »
    I know but a lot of these clowns don't have the brains to figure this out themselves :)

I'm halfway tempted to /tinfoilhat and say the people clamoring for a wipe WANT the game to fail. What possible motivations could nameless faceless individuals have to desire to sabotage a FTP MMO? hmmmm competition?
  • cutegaycutegay Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tredo wrote: »

If they don't wipe the game I don't think I'm coming back.

People who exploited will still get to keep there purple epic items. f^%$ that. Time to find another game.
  • xdprophetxdprophet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow, guess you will never be in IT either other than a level one script monkey advising users to reboot their modems. Glad you learned what NAT is, try to find a better venue to flaunt your common knowledge. You have missed the mark here by quite a margin.

Yep. You are another of the idiots that think they can ban by IP address.
    edited May 2013
    Awesome :)

But banning by IP address IS quite useless, for people who want to bypass it. It's not hard to receive a new IP from your provider. At least, some providers. In my country they are handed out dynamically, so by using knowledge of the DHCP lease timer, and perhaps a 2nd modem (or just put it in bridge mode) you WILL receive a new IP. Sometimes you can just reboot your modem and you'll get one (not a DHCP expert, so no idea why this sometimes happens and sometimes doesn't).
  • carlitakoscarlitakos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow. I guess you will never be IT. Maybe you should go to college. Ever heard of NAT (Network Address Translation)? 100's of thousands can share the same public IP.

NAT got nothing to do outside a router. NAT works inside a LAN, translating the public IP to LAN IP. No two or more routers can share the same Internet/Public IP at the same time.
    The problem is that most of internet connections are dsl, which most of the time use dynamic IP. This means that every time you disconnect/reconnect to the internet, you get a new public IP.

When you try to correct someone, make sure to stand correct yourself!
  • aeonaheartaeonaheart Member Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    I too think if they don't wipe they need to hand out a free cat to everyone as a gift. It's only fair.
  • suicidaltomsuicidaltom Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Leave rogervee alone lol. At least someone is trying to be positive.
  • carlitakoscarlitakos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    accidental repost.
  • slothargorslothargor Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    masaryk wrote: »
    I wonder if the devs can fix the initial post fail at the beginning of this thread?
    My guess is they will only notice that when they post again
  • captainlangercaptainlanger Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    with the text broken and not finished it feels like dezstravus was about to tell us something important and he has been silenced at the last minute !! is he still alive or is he one of the casualties for letting this exploit go ary :D
  • ondesvinondesvin Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I purchased a founders pack after about 5 days of playing. I spent REAL MONEY to support this game. And I can assure you, that ANYONE who spent real money to support this game will support a FULL WIPE. Look at the number of people who purchased packs, be it $20.00 or $50.00 or $200.00. We PAID to support this game, but the exploit was STEALING our money. I have 2 lvl 60's and an lvl 30, and I fully support a total wipe. As long as I get my AD and ZEN back to original purchase value, I have no problems doing it all over again. If the exploit was being used from Day 1, then the VALUE of my AD/ZEN was corrupted from what I purchased, and I LOST money. I probably have over 100 hours invested, but I'll give up that time to have a fixed economy. Permanently BAN all the exploiters by IP address, and reset it back to zero. And for the record, KEEP the AH offline. Just like Diablo 3, as soon as you have REAL MONEY involved in fake transactions, you ARE going to have exploiters. The short term fix is to wipe, refund all AD/ZEN, and keep the AH offline. The longer term fix is to sell stuff to vendors, and let the vendors resell stuff at a markup. That way if the vendor offers you 250K AD for your T3 gear, you could BUY it from the vendor for 500K. Stop mixing AD with ZEN. Make it so you can BUY stuff for AD from the special vendors. Heck, if a Bag of Holding is 1000 ZEN, and you want a 300-1 ZEN/AD ratio, then SELL the Bag for 300,000 AD. or whatever ratio works. Sure, there will always be people exploiting the game. But, as long as it doesn't affect MY money, I don't care so much. This exploit DIRECTLY affected how I could play the game, so a full wipe/ban is the only fix. Look at the number of people who paid money for this. THOSE are the ONLY people you should care about, and THOSE are the ones who got screwed.

i agree on this, a total wipe or a new server is the only way to go, more then 50% of the servers populations are affected from this exploit, so anything short of a complete wipe is pointless. and not a fix at all!
  • revenantbobrevenantbob Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    106 pages of hate! new record!

Also, i don't care if they wipe all the economy affecting items, as long as I don't have to level again. I don't have the patience to do that over XD
    houserin_signature.png
  • snappypantssnappypants Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow. You are an idiot too. All this points to what? Many people behind the same public IP address(s)? You are only helping prove my point. Wait. I will bet you are one of those cool people with the static IP address on your iPhone?!?!

Wow, no you are an idiot for calling him an idiot. Your point that you are so helpless to make is that banning the IP does ban the person behind it. NAT has nothing to do with it.
  • jaraxaljaraxal Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    I read someone earlier say that STO had the same bug in the past. But seeing that pic... It just kind of baffles me why they wouldn't check all their games for the same issue.

+1 ... boggles the mind. This really is incompetent; there is no other way to describe it.