Install Arc
Options

Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction House Offline

Comments

• Options
    tormeantedtormeanted Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Servers up....

let's see how much of a rollback there was...
  • Options
    dawgpounddudedawgpounddude Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they already have. hello friendly neighborhood exploiter, I hope you get to keep the mule accounts you stashed all your goods on and likely exploited on if you were smart enough to preserve your main account also.

****, I guess all Islamics are terrorists, too...
  • Options
    jaikulafreedomjaikulafreedom Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    texx777 wrote: »
    I bought the $60 founder pack and have no regrets because I have thoroughly enjoyed my time with Neverwinter. Unfortunately I spent $50 yesterday to buy Zen which I converted to AD. I of course will wait to see how Cryptic decides to handle this first, but if I don't feel it's been sufficiently resolved I will request a refund for yesterdays Zen purchase. If that doesn't work, I'll have no choice but to dispute this with my bank.

No, what would happen there is you would get the ZEN refunded. As to the AD side, that side of the game is internal. ZEN isnt since it can be used in all their games in one way or another. The problem is there is NO actual basis with NW for value when it comes to AD and ZEN. What they should have done was put a fixed AD value to ZEN.
  • Options
    alrycalryc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18
    edited May 2013
    Sorry to say this is mostly Cryptic's fault.

First off, stop saying this is beta. When you're charging money and not doing wipes, it's a launch. News media have a term for this: a "soft launch". Cryptic knew this game wasn't ready for launch, but they launched anyways.

Secondly, everyone who has any amount of IQ knows that in F2P games there will be exploiters and gold sellers because the two synergize off each other. Exploiter John will gather <insert valueable resource> and sell it to Gold Seller Bob. Since PWE's stable is pretty much F2P games, you would think they'd know by now how to handle this problem. Apparently they either (1) don't know how or (2) don't care.

Third, this exploit has been reported in the past as stated previously in this thread. Why did it take Cryptic so long to do anything? One would think that if an exploit is reported the devs would take it seriously and look into it. Sure some people are unprincipled and would just quietly exploit, but there are many more people who have integrity and reported it once found.

I know Cryptic has said there will be no wipes, since they don't want to tick off players in the infancy of the game. However, I for one, would support a full blown wipe. Reset everything to day one. Just refund all AD to those that bought packs, refund all Zen that was transferred to Neverwinter and let those that equipped a Nightmare Mount keep it. I have no 60's so I could start over. :)
  • Options
    durenasdurenas Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xzorphynn wrote: »
    is there any way to at least get regular updates?

https://twitter.com/NeverwinterGame
  • Options
    greymasquegreymasque Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vladdkay wrote: »
    You know, I just hope they wipe and start from day 1. Everyone who bought whatever they bought should get it back, and start over with us. This is a beta, everyone needs to quit crying about this. The people who are responsible will have consequences, but that doesn't mean that it will reverse the damage. A ton of zen has been laundered to numerous accounts, everyone in-game was trading in CATS, this is beyond sad that everyone and I do mean EVERYONE in the community got involved, and basically 90% of the accounts are tainted and guilty.

Not everyone.
    I didn't get involved; in fact, I only found out what was happening with the exploits minutes before the servers went down. I certainly didn't buy any cats - ever, in fact, even before I knew about all this.
    As for "90% of the accounts [being] tainted," I don't think that's the case. Just because you & your buddies' accounts might be, don't assume everyone else did the same. Plus, I'll bet the actual exploiters only account for a small number of people. Not 90% of players.
    Tone down the hyperbole, alright?
  • Options
    aeonaheartaeonaheart Member Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    What I see is the backlash of Perfect World's illogical idea to mouth the words Open Beta when it's the real launch & start selling zen during what they pretend is a "beta". I doubt they learn the lesson though.
  • Options
    mikemotamikemota Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i don't see how they can punish everyone that abused of this,the ones that sold itens for high prices will probably keep the ad

all my farm is worthless now
  • Options
    ixsparixspar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tormeanted wrote: »
    There may/will be rollbacks of everything? Toon level progress? Crafting progress? Money progress only?
    Should I even play at this point? Or will I lose any progress? May? Will? Etc.?

This post could be so much more informative.

I'm not sure what everyone is so wound up about. If they did a roll back of all progress, what difference does it make in the long run? You run a few missions all over again? You have a chance at getting some other gear? Perhaps a little frustrating, but much better than an over-inflated economy by far.

DCUO had a problem with a similar exploit in the Auction House and they didn't want to take the measure needed to fix it early. The result is that DCUO's game economy is still severely, severely broken.

I, for one, would much rather see strong measures taken now to save the headaches a month or a year from now.
  • Options
    slugormasterslugormaster Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I purchased a founders pack after about 5 days of playing. I spent REAL MONEY to support this game. And I can assure you, that ANYONE who spent real money to support this game will support a FULL WIPE. Look at the number of people who purchased packs, be it $20.00 or $50.00 or $200.00. We PAID to support this game, but the exploit was STEALING our money. I have 2 lvl 60's and an lvl 30, and I fully support a total wipe. As long as I get my AD and ZEN back to original purchase value, I have no problems doing it all over again. If the exploit was being used from Day 1, then the VALUE of my AD/ZEN was corrupted from what I purchased, and I LOST money. I probably have over 100 hours invested, but I'll give up that time to have a fixed economy. Permanently BAN all the exploiters by IP address, and reset it back to zero. And for the record, KEEP the AH offline. Just like Diablo 3, as soon as you have REAL MONEY involved in fake transactions, you ARE going to have exploiters. The short term fix is to wipe, refund all AD/ZEN, and keep the AH offline. The longer term fix is to sell stuff to vendors, and let the vendors resell stuff at a markup. That way if the vendor offers you 250K AD for your T3 gear, you could BUY it from the vendor for 500K. Stop mixing AD with ZEN. Make it so you can BUY stuff for AD from the special vendors. Heck, if a Bag of Holding is 1000 ZEN, and you want a 300-1 ZEN/AD ratio, then SELL the Bag for 300,000 AD. or whatever ratio works. Sure, there will always be people exploiting the game. But, as long as it doesn't affect MY money, I don't care so much. This exploit DIRECTLY affected how I could play the game, so a full wipe/ban is the only fix. Look at the number of people who paid money for this. THOSE are the ONLY people you should care about, and THOSE are the ones who got screwed.
  • Options
    entalyanentalyan Member Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
    Servers up....

Why would the servers be up? It will probably be a few hours before they will be...
  • Options
    captainlangercaptainlanger Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    servers up....

Let's see how much of a rollback there was...

trolll troll in the dungeon !!
  • Options
    captainbannon1captainbannon1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Servers up....

Just checked still isn't up
  • Options
    bugs55678bugs55678 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guys on their twitter they've already stated that complete wipes are off the table.
  • Options
    drbeat200drbeat200 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You assume a lot if you think we're not upset with the exploiters as well. Unfortunately in a situation like this, the responsibility falls on the developers. This was a known issue. They could have taken steps to fix it much sooner than now. It's happened before. They have the resources available to fix this issue. STO had this EXACT same issue. It's been fixed. Why are we dealing with this again? Because incompetent people were allowed to spill their incompetence all over the game and make a mess.

We are mad at the exploiters, but if the Neverwinter dev team had done it's job... we wouldn't be here talking about this.

"thumbs up"
  • Options
    masarykmasaryk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If this was all a PWE ploy to gain twitter followers, they've gained thousands lol.
  • Options
    crypttwotencrypttwoten Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cutegay wrote: »
    What Crytic FAILS to REALIZE is that this game is FREE TOO PLAY so banning has no consequences what so ever.

The Exploiters will always come back on another account.

I have a level 60 character and I wouldn't mind a complete wipe to fix all this.

This has been going on since day 1. People have been selling 17mil AD for real cash outside neverwinter.

Just google 'neverwinter cheap astral diamond'

people selling ad outside of neverwinter was not the problem they are having
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just wow , at least copy / paste your posts correctly this is a totall disgrace .
  • Options
    problem404problem404 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A rollback wouldn't remove any foundry saves would it? They're locally saved... right?
  • Options
    foxwaterfoxwater Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually, refunding the zen and giving it back to the customer protects them from any lawsuits, also the TOS i am sure cover all the virtual use in game and allow them to at ANY time take your account away, no repercussions legally.
    Kitsunami Lupo
    Head of PR
    http://www.gamersaurs.com/
  • Options
    greymasquegreymasque Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    am0nr3x wrote: »
    It's not Beta. It's Live. Get your facts straight.

http://www.perfectworld.com/

Notice the 'L' next to Neverwinter? That means 'Live.' If this was still an Open Beta, it would be an 'O.'

Notice the huge graphic on that page you linked to that says "NEVERWINTER: Now in Open Beta!"
    That means it's an open beta. That "L" is either a mistake, or this game had an open beta of about 5 minutes (since I saw that L there on April 30).
  • Options
    ashkedawnashkedawn Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    foxwater wrote: »
    Sigh.

No wipe is not a good idea. I know it would have pissed off a lot of people but it would have restored faith in the community as well. The 'no wipe' means your going to miss a group of them, they are going to return and they are goign to destroy the economy completley again, and you will be back to square one.

Or, your left with leaving several happy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> who can completely overpower anybody in pvp because they have godly equipment slotted, or who can fund endless expansions to their guild or friends because they have too much zen, or artificially keep the prices on transfer high cos they have so much...etc

Thats not even talking about th large mass of idiots who steamrolled from 1-60 in 2-3 hours, then not knowing how to play their class at all for the most part proceeded to complain on forum about everything and anything...(Frankly no matter how much experience you have, if you went 1-60 via exploits you didnt have the time required to really get to grips with your class and shouldnt be commenting balance. at all.)

Oh well. I'll keep playing and having fun but I guess the economy is going to take months to recover.

Yep, very disappointed. I think months for the economy to recover is a bit of wishful thinking. I am holding out now for a new shard with no broken economy. If that doesn't happen I can just find another game or something to amuse me til Wildstar. Sad because this was otherwise a nice game, but now it's ruined for me, and absolutely no faith at all in PWE, none at all.
  • Options
    phoenixstarrfirephoenixstarrfire Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Y'know, tossing my two copper into this.. I think we should replace the currency of the AH from Astral Diamonds to just Gold, Silver and Copper. And fix that minus exploit too.

Also where do these Astral Diamonds come from? Where are they mined? Is it some sort of special plane that they are mined from? I would accept them alot more if I knew about these strange stones and their meaning.
  • Options
    dwg38dwg38 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I purchased a founders pack after about 5 days of playing. I spent REAL MONEY to support this game. And I can assure you, that ANYONE who spent real money to support this game will support a FULL WIPE. Look at the number of people who purchased packs, be it $20.00 or $50.00 or $200.00. We PAID to support this game, but the exploit was STEALING our money. I have 2 lvl 60's and an lvl 30, and I fully support a total wipe. As long as I get my AD and ZEN back to original purchase value, I have no problems doing it all over again. If the exploit was being used from Day 1, then the VALUE of my AD/ZEN was corrupted from what I purchased, and I LOST money. I probably have over 100 hours invested, but I'll give up that time to have a fixed economy. Permanently BAN all the exploiters by IP address, and reset it back to zero. And for the record, KEEP the AH offline. Just like Diablo 3, as soon as you have REAL MONEY involved in fake transactions, you ARE going to have exploiters. The short term fix is to wipe, refund all AD/ZEN, and keep the AH offline. The longer term fix is to sell stuff to vendors, and let the vendors resell stuff at a markup. That way if the vendor offers you 250K AD for your T3 gear, you could BUY it from the vendor for 500K. Stop mixing AD with ZEN. Make it so you can BUY stuff for AD from the special vendors. Heck, if a Bag of Holding is 1000 ZEN, and you want a 300-1 ZEN/AD ratio, then SELL the Bag for 300,000 AD. or whatever ratio works. Sure, there will always be people exploiting the game. But, as long as it doesn't affect MY money, I don't care so much. This exploit DIRECTLY affected how I could play the game, so a full wipe/ban is the only fix. Look at the number of people who paid money for this. THOSE are the ONLY people you should care about, and THOSE are the ones who got screwed.

My god man, let it go! A full wipe is absurd and it's just not happening. Sorry you wasted your $200, but you're not getting that back. I wasted @24k on a Durango in the 90s and nobody gave a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> then, either ...
  • Options
    masarykmasaryk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im in for 260 bucks, been playing 2 weeks, and I support a wipe.
  • Options
    aeofellaeofell Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    alryc wrote: »

First off, stop saying this is beta. When you're charging money and not doing wipes, it's a launch.

No it is deffo beta, and they have not charged me a single penny.

Have fun.
  • Options
    tredotredo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    selaral wrote: »
    Hopefully there is. Beta or not. People did it knowing that it was a broken mechanic.

WIPE it clean or start a new shard after the exploit is fixed and BAN Hammer has been used to the max and all misappropriated AD has been taken away from said accounts, mule accounts, secondary accounts... see where I am going with this.... no way to track it all down imo.... its broken.... WIPE it clean.

I can see the amount of refunds/charge backs that will be put through banks when people see their Founder Packs are full of worthless AD now! Staggering how wiping the server is so much easier to do, but loosing all the money in people leaving and of course the worse snafu in MMO "soft launch" history!! Doubt many companies follow in the soft launch idea now!!

Just wipe it, restart it, so we can get back to playing for crying out loud, you are spending all this time working on fixing an issue that cant be bits and pieces picked and sifted through to find all the accounts that have 100,000,000+ AD scattered through the game on several accounts and mules. Their have been many posts about how you couldn't and didn't find it before here http://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/1eebyi/an_exploiter_claims_to_have_made_almost_six/ What makes you think a few hours of downtime is going to allow you to find them all now??

And this had potential too... too sad!
  • Options
    darkaninddarkanind Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 72
    edited May 2013
    No wipe or no rollback means they lost this legit, paying customer.

The economy is ruined. People converted their unlimited AD to gold, handed out a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ton of items (none of which I took, I just logged on today to read all the drama), cats, gold, etc. Just banning some people isn't fixing it.
  • Options
    qchongfuqchongfu Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    irritatus wrote: »
    It's a BETA, I'm glad someone tried to game the system during the BETA, they should get the gold star award, not a ban. Everyone whining in the thread about "I lost 12 hours of game play and i only play on the weekend" and demanding details, or anything for that matter, shouldn't of signed up to be involved in the BETA. You sound like a child that whined and moaned every day for a week and mom and dad finally let you open your Christmas presents early. Then are throwing a tantrum because you have nothing to open on Christmas day!

That's just silly.

The people who should get a "gold star" are the ones who everyday stumble upon exploits and quietly report them via the proper channels. That's the proper way to help a company during a BETA. The people who were exploiting weren't exploiting for the good of the game, or to help fix holes in the gameplay, they were hoping not to get caught and to profit at the expense of the game itself and other gamers by extension of a ruined economy.

Finding exploits is crucial to the game's long-term survivability regardless of how they are found, however, breaking a part of the game in the process is counter-productive.