test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction House Offline

Comments

• Options
    fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I purchased a founders pack after about 5 days of playing. I spent REAL MONEY to support this game. And I can assure you, that ANYONE who spent real money to support this game will support a FULL WIPE. Look at the number of people who purchased packs, be it $20.00 or $50.00 or $200.00. We PAID to support this game, but the exploit was STEALING our money. I have 2 lvl 60's and an lvl 30, and I fully support a total wipe. As long as I get my AD and ZEN back to original purchase value, I have no problems doing it all over again. If the exploit was being used from Day 1, then the VALUE of my AD/ZEN was corrupted from what I purchased, and I LOST money. I probably have over 100 hours invested, but I'll give up that time to have a fixed economy. Permanently BAN all the exploiters by IP address, and reset it back to zero. And for the record, KEEP the AH offline. Just like Diablo 3, as soon as you have REAL MONEY involved in fake transactions, you ARE going to have exploiters. The short term fix is to wipe, refund all AD/ZEN, and keep the AH offline. The longer term fix is to sell stuff to vendors, and let the vendors resell stuff at a markup. That way if the vendor offers you 250K AD for your T3 gear, you could BUY it from the vendor for 500K. Stop mixing AD with ZEN. Make it so you can BUY stuff for AD from the special vendors. Heck, if a Bag of Holding is 1000 ZEN, and you want a 300-1 ZEN/AD ratio, then SELL the Bag for 300,000 AD. or whatever ratio works. Sure, there will always be people exploiting the game. But, as long as it doesn't affect MY money, I don't care so much. This exploit DIRECTLY affected how I could play the game, so a full wipe/ban is the only fix. Look at the number of people who paid money for this. THOSE are the ONLY people you should care about, and THOSE are the ones who got screwed.

Also /Agree. I have level 60 characters, and can easily get them up again. This little exploit did not effect me as a player, but I'd also support a full wipe . . . and would people have a right to whine about it? nah. Most normal games wipe after Beta anyway. And I think Cryptic's decision to not wipe after open Beta is frankly a mistake. Cryptic I do plead with you, if you read this, to please wipe after open Beta, even if you have to wipe for this as well.

1) Wipe now, to repair the economy and start a fresh TESTING slate (after all it is a Beta test).
    2) Wipe after open Beta and kick the F2P players for the 5-day window so we Founders re-gain our head start in a live environment.

I support whatever decision you make, as I am already in it for the long haul, but I think the suggestion I make is for the best for everyone involved.

Now is where people will TRY to flame me for saying this, saying silly things about losing their zen, AD, etc. None of that, of course, is even close to the truth. Closed Beta did the same thing . . . we bought Zen and in-game items. When they did the wipe, they refunded all of our Zen to our game account. So I was able to turn around and immediately re-purchase the z-store items I desired again, or maybe even have a second chance at getting something I wanted even more. So you would not lose a thing. In fact a lot of you might be thankful at the second chance to direct your purchases again and correct some of those "Aw I should have bought that instead" moments.
  • Options
    entalyanentalyan Member Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
    larsons wrote: »
    ppl stop cry about open beta bugs geez use brain.. ppl this days forget they have 1 all they doo complain

Bravo!

/thread
  • Options
    xdprophetxdprophet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    carlitakos wrote: »
    NAT got nothing to do outside a router. NAT works inside a LAN, translating the public IP to LAN IP. No two or more routers can share the same Internet/Public IP at the same time.
    The problem is that most of internet connections are dsl, which most of the time use dynamic IP. This means that every time you disconnect/reconnect to the internet, you get a new public IP.

When you try to correct someone, make sure to stand correct yourself!

You are an idiot as well. They were exploiting with a standard mobile device and web browser. They posted the negative prices not through the game interface but the web/browser interface. They didnt use their regular game accounts!!! Guess how many mobile phones share the same public IP address behind Verizon and AT&T Nat'ed routers? Wait, let me guess. 8th grade was the hardest 3 years of your life?
  • Options
    minisegaminisega Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    clortbags wrote: »
    Probably younger players who've made fail build characters that don't have the means to buy respec token so are screaming for a wipe or that are maybe jealous of the some of the amazing characters that other randoms/fellow guildies have invested hundreds of hours and/or a fair amount of money in... who knows?

I have a guardian fighter, and willingly would accept a wipe all or a change of class directly, because it does not serve either to discard them or want them as tanks to 60, that's what rogues are
  • Options
    wennidwennid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Will be interesting to see if they learned their lesson from RaiderZ. Similar <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> went down in that game and pretty much destroyed it cos they didn't deal with it properly. If a wipe is the only way to clear it up, so what? If you can't cope with wipes, don't play betas.
  • Options
    clortbagsclortbags Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cutegay wrote: »
    Actualy most people who want a wipe are working adults that can afford to buy ZEN.

Trollhead.

You've done the research, collected and collated the data?
  • Options
    mwdalemwdale Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You guys are in a tight spot right now. I hope there is an attempt to fix this mess properly. Do a full wipe and refund all the zen people have spent. This would be a long term benefit. Getting the servers up A.S.A.P is not the priority.

Take a week and sort your $*%t out.

PS: I am a founder and have spent 175 bucks on this game. Which I am regretting at the moment.
  • Options
    greymasquegreymasque Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    EDIT: stupid cutoff issue.
  • Options
    wrathschildwrathschild Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ok, so 4 and a half hours later, the servers are still down. It doesn't take that long to run a correlation algorhythym (or however its spelled), nor does it take that long to track specifics such as AD's, which are directly correlated to zen transfers. This is old school from PWI. I'd strongly suggest pulling out your blackberry and calling the devs who have handled zen frauds in PWI. If your going to go completely pogrom on them, then I suggest starting with any IP that is owned by riverpark center, Beijing, china; also known as mmook.com. For that matter, jus do an ip range ban with mac addresses. it wont stop them but it will sure as heck slow them down long enough to try and figure out how to spoof a mac addy on 14 computers all running 12 accounts (in other words they buy 12 new computers and proxy). The sad thing here is, is PWI, the devs had the economy on hardcore lockdown, and account/gold/diamond(whatever) sellers didn't exist. why they chose a different economy model is beyond me.

In a nut shell guys, the natives are getting restless, and would like to get back to playing the game.
  • Options
    revenantbobrevenantbob Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd like to know how people are deciding the value of 1 AD when the market fluctuates with supply and demand. I personally feel AD was a rip off given what it takes to do simple things. 200$ on every other MMO was like a lifetime account, but I barely got much of anything for my 200$.
    houserin_signature.png
  • Options
    bigbraidybigbraidy Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Must be making some progress now because everyone has been silent for almost an hour accross this and the twitterverse.
  • Options
    badxideasbadxideas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    I guess this game was a fun little diversion, The fact that they decided that they won't wipe, which is the only reasonable thing to do when real $$ is on the line, means I cannot trust them to EVER spend money on the game.

I guess I will just play with the Foundry tool and make quests for fun...until a viable replacement game comes along, which could take days!!
    Amillion Bucks L60 obsolete GF
    Amillion Dollars L60 'easy mode' GWF
  • Options
    sickenme56sickenme56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xdprophet wrote: »
    You are an idiot as well. They were exploiting with a standard mobile device and web browser. They posted the negative prices not through the game interface but the web/browser interface. They didnt use their regular game accounts!!! Guess how many mobile phones share the same public IP address behind Verizon and AT&T Nat'ed routers? Wait, let me guess. 8th grade was the hardest 3 years of your life?

Listening to you is beyond priceless..you are probably 16 and way over your head. I'm dying laughing the more you say the more it makes sense because you aren't supporting your initial post at all bro.
  • Options
    allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I wonder how many times the words idiot, moron and stupid have been used in this thread:rolleyes:.
  • Options
    lymprechtlymprecht Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    but I think the suggestion I make is for the best for everyone involved.

No... No you don't.
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bigbraidy wrote: »
    Must be making some progress now because everyone has been silent for almost an hour accross this and the twitterverse.

Whoever was running their twitter said they were going afk for 40 minutes.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    hamoct72hamoct72 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    just ban every idiot with over 5 million ADs problem solved...
  • Options
    entalyanentalyan Member Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
    Said something or another, not important.
    Every time I see a Fazemladaiya I cringe a bit. That huge and prominent SAP logo... It haunts me!
  • Options
    clortbagsclortbags Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mwdale wrote: »
    You guys are in a tight spot right now. I hope there is an attempt to fix this mess properly. Do a full wipe and refund all the zen people have spent.

Take a week and sort your $*%t out.

Perfect World have already stated on several occasions today that there will categorically and absolutely not be a server wipe.
  • Options
    lorddethsothlorddethsoth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well if they have to wipe i think we all should get free 250 zen! so least we can buy sum keys to see whats in them lockboxes :)
    "What's use living life, if your afraid of a little death?"
  • Options
    fold8nfold8n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Will our celestial coins reset now, when the game is offline this long?
  • Options
    aeonaheartaeonaheart Member Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    jjeshop wrote: »
    aeonaheart wrote: »
    This is NOT a beta. It's "full live status" already. They sell zen. End of story.(Rusty hearts sold zen during their beta, they simply refunded it when it went live)

Yeah I know... I was there... Perfect World does this stuff. They don't follow the conventions of what the gaming world considers beta. Perfect World makes stuff up as they go along. Anything to fund themselves creatively. I assume they needed a loan & couldn't get it so they borrowed from their gamers at zero percent interest rate in beta. LOL

Fact is... they always launch games open to the public without any future wipes and call it "open beta" so when something like this happens they have a fall back excuse and the gaming community generally assumes they understand the term "open beta". So they use the common knowledge from other games, break the conventions, but expect everyone to pretend like they aren't breaking conventions. That... is a full final launch with a fallback... not open beta. LOL
  • Options
    bojangesbojanges Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Drew looks at me, I fake a smile so he won't see
    That I want and I'm needing everything that we should be
    I'll bet she's beautiful, that girl he talks about,
    And she's got everything that I have to live without.

Drew talks to me, I laugh 'cause it's just so funny [radio version]
    Drew talks to me, I laugh 'cause it's so **** funny [CD version]
    And I can't even see anyone when he's with me
    He says he's so in love, he's finally got it right,
    I wonder if he knows he's all I think about at night

He's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar
    The only thing that keeps me wishing on a wishing star
    He's the song in the car I keep singing, don't know why I do

Drew walks by me, can he tell that I can't breathe?
    And there he goes, so perfectly,
    The kind of flawless I wish I could be
    She better hold him tight, give him all her love
    Look in those beautiful eyes and know she's lucky 'cause

So I drive home alone.
    As I turn out the light
    I'll put his picture down
    And maybe get some sleep tonight.

'Cause he's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar
    The only one who's got enough of me to break my heart
    He's the song in the car I keep singing, don't know why I do
    He's the time taken up, but there's never enough
    And he's all that I need to fall into.

Drew looks at me, I fake a smile so he won't see.
  • Options
    ashkedawnashkedawn Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Also /Agree. I have level 60 characters, and can easily get them up again. This little exploit did not effect me as a player, but I'd also support a full wipe . . . and would people have a right to whine about it? nah. Most normal games wipe after Beta anyway. And I think Cryptic's decision to not wipe after open Beta is frankly a mistake. Cryptic I do plead with you, if you read this, to please wipe after open Beta, even if you have to wipe for this as well.

1) Wipe now, to repair the economy and start a fresh TESTING slate (after all it is a Beta test).
    2) Wipe after open Beta and kick the F2P players for the 5-day window so we Founders re-gain our head start in a live environment.

I support whatever decision you make, as I am already in it for the long haul, but I think the suggestion I make is for the best for everyone involved.

Now is where people will TRY to flame me for saying this, saying silly things about losing their zen, AD, etc. None of that, of course, is even close to the truth. Closed Beta did the same thing . . . we bought Zen and in-game items. When they did the wipe, they refunded all of our Zen to our game account. So I was able to turn around and immediately re-purchase the z-store items I desired again, or maybe even have a second chance at getting something I wanted even more. So you would not lose a thing. In fact a lot of you might be thankful at the second chance to direct your purchases again and correct some of those "Aw I should have bought that instead" moments.

Agree. 5/5 big thumbs up
  • Options
    snappypantssnappypants Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep. You are another of the idiots that think they can ban by IP address.

No, I am the idiot that made the point you failed so miserably to make for you. Now now, no need to thank me. I am just glad you didn't start this reply with "wow". I was beginning to think you might be a Blizzard employee.
  • Options
    aphridaphrid Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    the only people upset over a wipe are the ones who made the AD exploiters $ by using 3rd party transactions to gain Ad in game.People who spent $ in zen don't really care because a wipe would return that zen to them, but the AD/gold buyers would be **** out of luck with no one to complain, and AD/gold sellers out of stock and out of a fast supply to. Legit players would just start over again with a market that was stable with prices they could afford in auction. the only thing that would really be lost is ardent coin count from time spent playing, which they could just do a gift or something to compensate.
  • Options
    greymasquegreymasque Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    EDIT: cutoff bug AND repost. Man...
  • Options
    cutegaycutegay Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013

+1 Finally someone who's not some 11yr old rat bag that QQ about people mentioning the word 'wipe'.

It's just a game, if a wipe will fix the balance so be it.
    clortbags wrote: »
    You've done the research, collected and collated the data?

There you go, read up.
  • Options
    geeboi37geeboi37 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The level of tard here is,,amazing

====D~~
  • Options
    corpse0grindercorpse0grinder Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow. I guess you will never be IT. Maybe you should go to college. Ever heard of NAT (Network Address Translation)? 100's of thousands can share the same public IP.

Your knowledge of networking is astounding. I PRAY you never make it into IT.