What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction House Offline

Comments

• pois0nmanpois0nman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    qchongfu wrote: »
    That's just silly.

The people who should get a "gold star" are the ones who everyday stumble upon exploits and quietly report them via the proper channels. That's the proper way to help a company during a BETA. The people who were exploiting weren't exploiting for the good of the game, or to help fix holes in the gameplay, they were hoping not to get caught and to profit at the expense of the game itself and other gamers by extension of a ruined economy.

Finding exploits is crucial to the game's long-term survivability regardless of how they are found, however, breaking a part of the game in the process is counter-productive.

This^ ......
  • durenasdurenas Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xdprophet wrote: »
    Wow. I guess you will never be IT. Maybe you should go to college. Ever heard of NAT (Network Address Translation)? 100's of thousands can share the same public IP.

Not to mention proxy tunnelling services. It's pretty much impossible to ban by IP and make it stick to anyone determined enough to get around it.
  • cutegaycutegay Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a level 60 Cleric, TBH if they do not WIPE ALL CHARACTERS I'll be loosing interest and play something else.

Not doing a complete wipe confirms 1. It's not in BETA/ 2. They don't care about balance.

I really don't understand why they won't do a wipe and refund Zen. Other games have done wipes for much less.
  • professrgrumblesprofessrgrumbles Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    https://twitter.com/NeverwinterGame/status/336255428541444096

I quoth @NeverwinterGame:

"Whatever ends up happening, complete wipes are off the table, and we'll work to minimize the impact while fixing the issue."

Unquoth.
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A wipe without fixing every glitch that has been reported and every broken thing be it class mechanic or boss mechanic would be worthless , since it'll begin all over again and we'll be in the same exact spot in 2 weeks .
  • drwhoosierdrwhoosier Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All you can upgrade is STRANTH?!
  • clortbagsclortbags Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The general level of intellect of a lot of tards in this thread basically amounts to this:

No wipe = zomg economy broken forever & exploiters/players they traded with get to keep all their diamonds/zen/items... I'm suing Perfect World for damages

Herp and a derp and a herpity derp.

5 + 1 = ORANGES

Seriously you guys are thick as sh|t in the neck of a bottle.....
  • lishyaaklishyaak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dr. Phil has arrived
  • yoyoyomyoyoyom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dwg38 wrote: »
    My god man, let it go! A full wipe is absurd and it's just not happening. Sorry you wasted your $200, but you're not getting that back. I wasted @24k on a Durango in the 90s and nobody gave a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> then, either ...
    ROFLMAO **** I am sorry about the Durango man
  • ubiquinoneubiquinone Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Whoa, this must have come as a surprise to Cryptic. /sarcasm off

Just spreading the word how stupid the Cryptic staff is. Repeating the same mistakes. http://i.imgur.com/oA6Z8.jpg
  • tredotredo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wuhsin wrote: »
    I'm glad they are banning the exploiters instead of punishing everyone.
    LOL they are banning the ones they catch..

these guys have mule toons, mule accounts, secondary accounts, fake IP's, they do this for a living... BAN ha ha, I laugh at that!!

Look here http://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/1eebyi/an_exploiter_claims_to_have_made_almost_six/
  • slothargorslothargor Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »

Update 1:30PM Pacific: We are identifying the accounts that have utilized the AH exploit and will be taking action against said accounts. We are also still investigating the severity of the issue and its impact on the game, and from this information we will take corrective action. Estimated downtime is at least two more hours. We

1st post was updated, but dezstravus didnt check what was actually posted... it's broken...
  • masarykmasaryk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    26,221 twitter followers when this started, up to 28,589. It's a plot I say!
  • durenasdurenas Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    clortbags wrote: »
    The general level of intellect of a lot of tards in this thread basically amounts to this:

No wipe = zomg economy broken forever & exploiters/players they traded with get to keep all their diamonds/zen/items... I'm suing Perfect World for damages

5 + 1 = ORANGES

They won't wipe. They will selectively rollback and ban individuals exploiting the bug, and remove the duped AD from the market.

In the long run, the economy will fix itself once these actions have been taken. It's a far better solution than to do a complete wipe, because they will lose a LOT of players who don't want to have to grind up totally new characters all over again. Time=money.
  • entalyanentalyan Member Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
    You know they COULD just come up with something more clever than rollbacks/wipes whatever is suggested here. A full wipe is not the ONLY way to solve a problem like this. Some clever datamining would reveal the bulk of the exploiters, and the biggest benefactors of the exploits (possibly innocents). You wouldn't have all of them, but most. If they just take action against the exploiters, and possibly perform rollbacks or value reductions on the main benefactors, things would be a lot better.

After that, we must remember that PW/Cryptic have total control over this economy, so they can easily calculate the amount of AD/Zen currently active in the game, and the distribution of it, even including banked items. Rebalancing the economy could be done by changing item values, quest rewards (give everyone in the game a diamond cat and their value drops to near 0), or individual AD counts.

The key to a simple solution is getting rid of the outliers, the 1% if you will. They will hurt perhaps some players who have legally obtained their cash, but those will not be enough to get a spotlight. When those players appeal, they should probably be able to verify that they are legit and return them to the game.
  • tredotredo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ubiquinone wrote: »

Just spreading the word how stupid the Cryptic staff is. Repeating the same mistakes. http://i.imgur.com/oA6Z8.jpg

WOW, So this has been going on for some time now.....
  • geeboi37geeboi37 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    clortbags wrote: »

5 + 1 = ORANGES

Best reply ever!! +1111111111111
  • kimberixkimberix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As Peter Kay (English comedian) once said..

"I used to pray every night for a bike and I got nothing"

"Then, I realised it was better to steal a bike and pray for forgiveness"
  • cutegaycutegay Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tredo wrote: »
    LOL they are banning the ones they catch..

these guys have mule toons, mule accounts, secondary accounts, fake IP's, they do this for a living... BAN ha ha, I laugh at that!!

Look here http://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/1eebyi/an_exploiter_claims_to_have_made_almost_six/

This is why they need regular wipes.

I for one do not mind starting a character all over again because I ENJOY PLAYING THE GAME.

For all the losers who wanna QQ about wipes go play something else. Obviously you don't enjoy playing this game as much.
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ubiquinone wrote: »

I read someone earlier say that STO had the same bug in the past. But seeing that pic... It just kind of baffles me why they wouldn't check all their games for the same issue.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • epokepok Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well for me its easy you wipe and fix this ungodly <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> or you can just refund my money that ive spent including the founder's pack. This is a huge breach and I can see PWI losing all their customer base over this. The only ones that are crying about a wipe are the ones that were prolly using the exploit. If you dont wipe you are punishing all the players that arent exploiting. I think that every person should complain and request a refund if they dont wipe.
  • clortbagsclortbags Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    durenas wrote: »
    They won't wipe. They will selectively rollback and ban individuals exploiting the bug, and remove the duped AD from the market.

In the long run, the economy will fix itself once these actions have been taken. It's a far better solution than to do a complete wipe, because they will lose a LOT of players who don't want to have to grind up totally new characters all over again. Time=money.

I know but a lot of these clowns don't have the brains to figure this out themselves :)
  • xdprophetxdprophet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    darkanind wrote: »
    No wipe or no rollback means they lost this legit, paying customer.

The economy is ruined. People converted their unlimited AD to gold, handed out a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ton of items (none of which I took, I just logged on today to read all the drama), cats, gold, etc. Just banning some people isn't fixing it.

Bye! Good riddance. I guess you didnt pay much attention in grade school economics did you. Ever hear of the US dollar? Japanese Yen? Governments print new money all the time and economy stabilize at a new equilibrium. The game economy will settle out at a new AD/Zen supply/demand level with no additional steps past removing the exploit.
  • sickenme56sickenme56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xdprophet wrote: »
    Wow. I guess you will never be IT. Maybe you should go to college. Ever heard of NAT (Network Address Translation)? 100's of thousands can share the same public IP.

I could be wrong, but....isn't there STATIC and DYNAMIC NAT? ... rofl... Wouldn't have said anything, but since you're trying to make someone else look stupid I guess I can help you look even more <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. By the way...you're welcome..I'll be expecting a Christmas Card.
  • mohoggmohogg Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are they going to refund our AD from all the bogus auctions that we got stuck into.
  • bugs55678bugs55678 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    darkanind wrote: »
    No wipe or no rollback means they lost this legit, paying customer.

The economy is ruined. People converted their unlimited AD to gold, handed out a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ton of items (none of which I took, I just logged on today to read all the drama), cats, gold, etc. Just banning some people isn't fixing it.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You do know this game has only been released for less than a month..... Almost every MMO in the history of MMOS has a bad economy at the start, and it takes them months and some even years to settle down.
  • edgenwedgenw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 124 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If they wipe, we'll just have to deal with another huge exploit after the wipe. It'll never end because too many players suck and simply don't belong in a gaming community, or likely any community because their parents obviously failed to bring them in a manner that includes respecting others. I wish the day would come when a company would be able to file criminal charges against players who break the terms of service and exploit content. Legitimate players invest time and money in these products.. where is their protection when bad apples ruin everything?

But, like I said, a wipe is just a short term solution. At the same time, I just don't see how they can every truly repair the damage done by this without one. Exploited currency has changed hands and forms so many times since launch.. where does it end? You can never get it all, never catch all the ways it impacted the game. No amount of bans or rollback will fix this without going all the way back to the beginning.

But then it would just start again with the next exploit some cheater is sitting on.
  • leyentleyent Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In a "perfect world" this **** would be wiped off and flushed.
    This is the first time I've ever supported a wipe, and that's because I honestly hope to continue playing this game for a while. I know that if it isn't wiped, I wouldn't be able to look at it quite the same.

BY the way - no love for old slasher flicks?
  • druftiexdruftiex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Would be best to just please all. Do what you can about the exploiters, removed the exploited stuff as best as you can and then open another new server for people who are willing to start again in an economy that is not totally ****ed for months.
  • braddassbraddass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 108
    edited May 2013
    rogervee wrote: »
    Its being taken care of. But btw does anyone realize that all MMO players who actually rage on forums are : Astronauts, doctors, lawyers, cowboys, ninjas, Buddhist priests, shaolin monks, physicists, economists, philosopher, prophets, gun-experts, combat veterans (that defy normal combat veterans and boast about exploits), politicians, business majors, and super star athletes all wrapped into one person?

THERE will most likely be a rollback and banning of the most heinous exploiters, NO they won't provide you names or addresses to lynch them, NO the supreme court will not hear any cases about how PWI refunded your Zen and you don't feel spiritually whole or complete.

THE ECONOMY will easily recover, this has happened before in STO about 9 times, on a much larger scale and has been dealt with rapidly and the economy stabilized after 2 weeks. 120-200 AD for Zen is a normal price so dont get worked up about it, you simply just reached that point sooner than it normally would have been.

THE DEVS are awesome and this game is in transition to the full live status, its not bug free and with modern MMOs consisting of over 15-20 million lines of code, bugs and exploits will always be part of the game.

THE SUN will rise tomorrow and the day after and the day after that for around 4-5 billion years. IT IS NOT THE END OF YOUR EXISTENCE. So chill, and if still you are not satisfied that the people who exploited aren't burned, crucified, lynched, beaten, stoned, shot, curb stomped, permanently banned and you feel the need to quit, by all means don't let the door hit you on the way out. This is by far one of the smoothest transitions from open beta to live processes that PWI and other companies have had. If you disagree clearly you weren't paying attention or your new, and if you are new, you stop getting worked up after your 5th or 6th beta so...deep breaths.

Snow
    Dragon Server

I was there for the opening of 6 different MMOs ... this is by far not the smoothest.

IMHO, there is nothing wrong with wanting the exploiters permanently banned. They have done tremendous damage to the game and the enjoyment of honest players.
    I am a Lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)