Install Arc
Options

Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction House Offline

Comments

• Options
    poac1poac1 Member Posts: 88
    edited May 2013
    drokadenkk wrote: »
    I think its probably about 99% likely that they will do a full rollback to fridayish. I dont know why people complain about rollbacks that much though. They would refund all real world zen purchases made since then and you would be in exactly the same place you were. Easy nuff.

Turns out f2p mmos are plagued with horrible communities that would rather be angry than try and understand how game economies actually work.

Hopefully this gets cleared up today and we can all get back to playing. Easy enough.

You don't understand, the 50 or so people that knew and used this since launch have slowly and effectively corrupted the entire market. It wasn't until the last week that it started spreading (as they got maxed gear, got bored & quit) and eventually was spammed in open channels.

If you've ever seen a negative bid on the broker, that's what they were doing..and I know on day 2 there were bids at -6,000,000AD a streamer was bragging about it earlier and had something like 300 million AD he spent, another 100 in inventory...and had 3 accounts full of cats he was throwing at people.

It's been going on, SINCE THE START.
  • Options
    teldarateldara Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xblade7703 wrote: »
    wow some of u tools need to STFU. they have to fully understand the issue from their side BEFORE They start firing off bans or anything all willy nilly. on a more serious note though i hate to say it but i am leaning more towards a wipe after the last few major issues.

..What is there to understand? Every server has the problem. Every server's economy is screwed up.
  • Options
    sabbath80sabbath80 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Never in my 8 years of PWI have I seen them Roll-back anything. It is always a ban threat. I would say the only way to fix would be a rollback to 12-18 hours track back anything from previous. Ban them and lets get back. I spent 3 days makeing 4 million AD. Which is now worthless. But rollback is the only way. Roll back and put the zen back to people that purchased it. Not refund there money. Comp them the zen. Thats the only way to keep the game from dieing.
  • Options
    wartimeraiderwartimeraider Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I dont mind wipes, i dont mind AH rolebacks. Atm anything to get rid of people selling cats in zonechat i wouldnt mind
    timeraiderlogo2smaller.gif

Elf Control Wizard - Dragon
  • Options
    dustee071dustee071 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lol this game company is terrible. seeing this is ****ing awesome. im a little sad though, because this game had so much promise, just was handled in the worst possible way.

only a full server wipe, with massive improvements to the game will fix this. but this happening at all makes me think that this game company is not capable of fixing anything.
  • Options
    charezoncharezon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lyssyara wrote: »
    If not wipe, i will open a dispute with PayPal for money back. :(

The least I want is a 24 hour rollback, otherwise I'll be opening a dispute with PayPal as well. It's time that PWE show how serious they take this kind of exploit.
    Wizard.jpg
  • Options
    nyysjannyysjan Member Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    I dont mind wipes, i dont mind AH rolebacks. Atm anything to get rid of people selling cats in zonechat i wouldnt mind

ban the people and confiscate their cats?
  • Options
    necronomniconnecronomnicon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    okay, I'm sick of these people using exploits to make hundreds of dollars worht of zen, even thousands for some of them. they have it on multiple alternate accounts, all spaced out until they're ready to use it and **** blows over so that even when one is banned that they did the exploits on, the other accounts have most or all of what they got. I am now advocating a post OB wipe, and am willing to level again after this. this is the most unfair BS I have ever seen in an mmorpg not even 3 weeks out, if there isn't a wipe on the last day I can do my paypal chargeback, or at least a rollback to before the patch where these people literally made enough diamonds to make hundreds if not thousands of dollars worth of zen on top of making the diamond to zen exchange for not cheaters spike in price again, I will do a freaking chargeback on paypal and never touch this **** game or any other byt he companies ever again. this is ridiculous and extremely unfair, and by now, at least for this past weekend a complete rollback of everything to the way it was before the patch that caused this is in order or I am definitely doing a chargeback on paypal and am gone for good. if they gett o keep that ****, and believe me many of them will, on alternate accounts, I'm gone. get your **** together. enough of these ****ing exploits that cheat people ridiculously. just wipe the server already and reset everyone's zen.
    So farewell hope, and with hope farewell fear,
    Farewell remorse; all good to me is lost.
    Evil, be thou my good.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    nyysjan wrote: »
    ban the people and confiscate their cats?

And ban everyone and confiscate everyone who was caught in the crossfire that didn't know better.
  • Options
    inullableinullable Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I see the idiot parade is being documented for future generations to mock.....carry on.
  • Options
    aye17aye17 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If they will do Wipe they will lose 50% of players...
  • Options
    pixelburstpixelburst Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If they don't wipe after this, I'm out. Account/Character bans aren't enough, people that have been doing this will have been smart and used mule accounts, the economy is already pants on head <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    Currently playing on the Beholder Shard
  • Options
    sozanousozanou Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    charezon wrote: »
    The least I want is a 24 hour rollback, otherwise I'll be opening a dispute with PayPal as well. It's time that PWE show how serious they take this kind of exploit.

But some people use this exploit before ... just more discreet :( ... a wipe for release with ranger & warlock and paladin :)... would be better.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    sozanou wrote: »
    But some people use this exploit before ... just more discreet :( ...

At least they didn't crash and burn the AH market in 24 hours.
  • Options
    killz2manykillz2many Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Who cares if there is a roll back? There is hardly any content in this game (especially endgame) so re-doing a day of missions shouldn't matter. Not to mention the daily quests constantly get bugged and you don't get the rewards for your progress anyway.

To me, just sounds like another day playing a game that's barely 1/2 done.
    Killz2Many ~ Greatest Weapon Fighter ~ Dragon Shard
    game-of-thrones-dani-burn-deal-with-it.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    xblade7703 wrote: »
    wow some of u tools need to STFU. they have to fully understand the issue from their side BEFORE They start firing off bans or anything all willy nilly. on a more serious note though i hate to say it but i am leaning more towards a wipe after the last few major issues.

I am leaning toward a wipe now, so long as all of our zen is reset to the amounts we've purchased legitimately which is possible since the records are on our accounts. I'd really hate to level again, but I'd also really hate to keep playing knowing these people have thousands of dollars worth of zen in diamond form by now stashed away on numerous alternate accounts like piggy banks. if there isn't at leasta rollback to before this recent exploit was caused byt he latest patch, before my paypal 45 day is past, I'm frigging doing a chargeback and being done with these companies.
    Evil, be thou my good.
  • Options
    navvie69navvie69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    all they need to do is release the next tier of content and make the gear that drops BoP (at least the majority of it)
    then all the current gear will fall in price and the economy will normalize
  • Options
    maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    teldara wrote: »
    And ban everyone and confiscate everyone who was caught in the crossfire that didn't know better.
    Yes, stupidity is no excuse.

If you are offered something that costs 1 million ad for free and you think it's legit then you are stupid.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    yup you are 100% spot on
  • Options
    ampzkiiampzkii Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That exploit was going on for at nearly a day. By the time the AH went down, EVERY SINGLE auction had negative values in them. People that posted any item in the AH got absolutely NOTHING for them because if an exploiter hit their auction with the bug, the exploiter could make a billion AD off a single auction while the person who was honest and had nothing to do with it and just wanted to sell their items got absolutely NOTHING for it.

How about all the exploiters that have bought items like cats and mounts and gave them away to people? What about those exploiters that bought said items and asked for gold in exchange?

The economy right now is GONE. ABSOLUTELY GONE. There's people running around with rank 9 runes and Greater runes. A few hours before the AH went down, and even before everything was set to negative values, people were selling their items for TENS of millions of AD.

The Zen market crashed as well. There was no Zen to be purchased at all in all servers. Half a million orders to buy Zen at 500 AD a pop because exploiters were buying out all the Zen from the store.

The ONLY way to remedy the situation is the do a 24 hour rollback on all the servers. Look at the gateway logs, because there were also a few individuals that was using the exploit before it was known to everyone within these past 24 hours.

I understand dealing with the exploiters will take time, it won't happen overnight, but we NEED a 24 hour rollback on all characters. Otherwise, this game will be officially dead.

I agree with you, but I'll vote for this solution if it is possible to make as little changes as possible like players progress and so on. Read here what I and a friend suggest:
    tommmyf wrote:
    ejziponken wrote: »
    The solution is very simple.

Roll-back only all the selling and buying in the action house and the zen market for the last 24-48 hours. Nothing else.

If you sold gear, you get them back and lose the diamonds you got for it. If you bought something you lose the stuff you bought, but get the diamonds back.

This will delete the mass exploiting and we can keep our stuff that we had. We just have to resell/rebuy it. All the XP/EXP would still be there and all the gear you picked up will also still be there. If you traded zen for diamonds it reverts and vice versa.

Then they just need to hunt down the exploiters and ban them and take the diamonds

Agreed on that. That's the solution to go for in my opinion.

As you said all stuff just returns and players only have to resell/rebuy items.

The problem I can see with this is if someone bought item(s) with diamonds and then gave away/traded the item(s) so another player has it, it can be hard to track down if the system don't log items with individual ID's.

The other problem I see are if the diamonds someone got from selling item(s) in auction are used so there is no/not enough diamonds to give back for the item(s) sold. But do it simple and just take all the diamonds available. The buyers are anyway the ppl who have exploited the glitch most I think.

Someone may have a suggestion that is better than this, but based on this principle. Please do write in this case, so we can get the best possible solution to this problem. The main thing is anyway that you are doing a rollback on just what happened on the Auction House for a suitable time (24-72h, that you see in the logs when the issue exploded).

Best regards
    Tommy

I do not know if this is really possible, but it will make a big difference, I am quite convinced. Or if someone has a solution that prevents and / or is inspired by this proposal that is better and works so it is obviously the one that gets my vote. At worst, it may well be 24-48h rollback.

Sincerely,
    Tommy
  • Options
    druga1757druga1757 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    Any word on founders AD in the the exchange?
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited May 2013
    Right now the only thing that concerns me about a rollback is the Foundry mission I've been working on. I don't want to lose my progress in the mission creator.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    pixelburst wrote: »
    If they don't wipe after this, I'm out. Account/Character bans aren't enough, people that have been doing this will have been smart and used mule accounts, the economy is already pants on head <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

yes they have the diamonds stashed away on alt accounts for safe keeping, for when the diamond to zen goes down again and they're gonna cash in big time, and then manipulate the market again to raise the price back up and continue to multiply their unfairly gained diamonds/zen. if there isn't a wipe before my paypal 45 days ar eup, I'm charging it back to my account and psending the money elsewhere and never touching a pwe or cryptic game ever again. this is th emost unfair <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> I have ever dealt with in an mmorpg, and this one has only been out for weeks, ridiculous, aszinine devs
    Evil, be thou my good.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    maho4200 wrote: »
    Yes, stupidity is no excuse.

If you are offered something that costs 1 million ad for free and you think it's legit then you are stupid.

Don't underestimate the casual players. People who log in a few hours a week and mainly weekends. There's NO NOTICE at all about the AD exploit other than the official forums. The casual player only hops on the forums... rarely. If it's not on the launcher, they have no clue.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    Right now the only thing that concerns me about a rollback is the Foundry mission I've been working on. I don't want to lose my progress in the mission creator.

If they dont roll back there will be no one here to play your foundry mission. Not like anyone does them anyway. The AD reward is subpar
  • Options
    drokadenkkdrokadenkk Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ranncore wrote: »

There might be partial rollbacks. Im relatively sure that foundry is probably going to be excluded from the rollback. Everything is yet to be seen though
  • Options
    twinkleboitwinkleboi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lyssyara wrote: »
    If not wipe, i will open a dispute with PayPal for money back. :(

Yeah if all my hard work over the last 2 weeks is now erased I will be disputing this via PayPal and getting my money back... and I bought BOTH founders packs...
  • Options
    smrtstnsmrtstn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    druga1757 wrote: »
    Any word on founders AD in the the exchange?

Be patient. When the exchange comes back up you'll have your AD
  • Options
    azmodious76201azmodious76201 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wipe all accounts that have logged a (-<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>,<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>) AH purchase as this is where the majority of the AD is sitting, and then release some T3 gear that only drops from Castle Never. That will make all of the gear purchased with exploited AD suddenly vendor trash. Within a few days everything will calm down.
  • Options
    swaseaclark2o6swaseaclark2o6 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm having a real problem rationalizing how something like this occurs. This is a HUGE error. If this turns out to be a wipe then Neverwinter could very well take Age of Conan's place as the worst MMO launch in history.