test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction House Offline

Comments

• mapost1985mapost1985 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    Blame the Illuminati!
  • frontlyne202frontlyne202 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wrong thread
  • jadetorajadetora Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    A full wipe is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. I paid money for a head start and I earned all my gear legit. I dropped 200$ to be where I'm at, and some dude unrelated to me runs a scam so I get punished? Roll back the AD, punish the dudes, let the people whining move to a different game, and life goes on.

As if they don't have logs of every transaction as it stands. People have no idea where the economy is and are speculating/talking out their butts.

^This

Additionally in response to the dims@#t that said 'go work out,' we'd like to inform you that each and every day we do at bare minimum 40 minutes workout, 160 weight reps, 1,100 situps, and Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday intensive Martial Arts training with addition of 120 pushups every other day.

Just because you play a video game, doesn't mean you're fat.

We've spent too much time leveling to 60 and getting gear legitimately to accept being punished for someone else's dishonesty. That's not cool.

If Cryptic wipes, that's going to be big bad news on a whole new level. This will iron itself out over time. A rollback at most is acceptable by 48 hours, other than that.. no.. just.. no..
  • leadsaidleadsaid Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I support a full wipe of the servers and a restart with refunded ad and zen, and this is with three 40s and a 10 and over $400.00 spent. People are handing out Cats (900k ad) for free in the trade channel on Dragon, it's over and irrecoverable.
  • parkeringsbotparkeringsbot Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol, server wipe, ffs no, if you havent participated in exploiting you shouldnt have your character wiped because someone else cheated, there are other ways of resolving this issue.
  • ubiquinoneubiquinone Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hmmm. EA, Activision or PW. Which company to hate the most ?
  • darkosx1darkosx1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    weekends are my only time to get on and enjoy the game.. I swear every weekend something takes the game down.
  • inannukinannuk Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    affect me in any kind with your actions and i go back to TERA or i'll try out RIFT. good luck
  • visceralrevoltvisceralrevolt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We really need some kind of "hey, you should press save now!" warning in the Foundry when maintenance is about to happen... :mad:
    A Dwarven Dilemma Part 1 - The Wobbly Leg : NW-DTNZTFYDS @revolting
    Preview/Freedback thread:
    http://tinyurl.com/NW-DTNZTFYDS - Now eligible for Daily Quest!

A Dwarven Dilemma Part 2 - Luskan Delights : Coming soon!
  • zenigralzenigral Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    JEKYLL!?!!? you reading this stuff!?! This is awesome, epic exploits destroyed the interwebs
  • korgulltekorgullte Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 95
    edited May 2013
    seeing where illgotten items wound up and what methods used to "launder" them might prove invaluable to prevent this in the future and better detect currency sellers.
  • jaelithejaelithe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 99
    edited May 2013
    Since you pulled the shards down to investigate not to stop the exploit I doubt if seconds really counted. Couldn't you have given an in-game warning that the shards were coming down?
  • mabansmabans Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lcraw78 wrote: »
    IT IS BETA
    Lets be honest, it's more than a beta. I agree it's not full release but when it becomes part of your daily routine, the term is safe and actually accurate for an MMORPG, since in reality it's never out of beta, there's always going to be changes. It's as much a beta as Google Chrome and Gmail was. Then again if they took the beta label off you can bet your sweet bippy people would be complaining about paying into a "beta game" anyway.
    wolfrat14 wrote: »
    The post below has been deleted by Perfect World multiple times. I am now concerned that if I continue posting it I will be banned from the game.
    No I read your "theory" and there is nothing in there that was even remotely based in any evidence or truths. It's a 6 paragraph story about why they did it with ZERO crediablity to back it up. I'm not surprised they delete your "truther-like" post.

It'd suck but can't allow the wrecking of an economy like this. This is the very bloodline of the game and I sincerely doubt that PWE will just allow these bandits to come into the game, **** up the economy and just ride off into the sunset. Not that punishment aspect of it but how they can remedy for the players affected as a result of this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • killsmallchildr1killsmallchildr1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have been exploiting this for weeks. LOL you guys just found out. Thank god I distributed my AD around and bought Zen slowly. I swear....It was such a good thing until someone had to blurt it out and ruin it
  • pitdog56pitdog56 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1 hour my life is tooken away!!! i wannnnna playyyyy nowwwww pleaseeee
  • lariandesalverlariandesalver Member Posts: 50
    edited May 2013
    Well the cat thing can be fixed, either delete em all regardless of where they came from or just give every player a cat, pawning anyone who bought a ill gotten cat for cheap or exploited it. Also make any player only able to get 1 cat.

This AD stuff ruined the Zen economy hard and Im really concerned about all the people that bought ZEN allready, I didnt yet and Im glad now. Just let you know that im feeling with you and all people who bought ZEN should get their ZENs reset to the amount they bought with real money at the least.

All the exploiters out there should get a hit, the big ones a permaban, others a itemwipe maybe and those who used these exploits to sell their stuff of to gold sellers and made 6000 dollars should even get sued.
  • kadirrakadirra Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Redundant post due to lag.
  • idronaidrona Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Star Trek Online is up though, go shoot something in space while waiting. http://sto.perfectworld.com/download :)
    signwidrona.png
  • kadirrakadirra Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    One of the major problems as I see it (and what might call for a greater rollback of everyone, not just the exploiters), is that the exploit-gained AD/Zen have already been disseminated into the market and distributed and gone through many hands by this point. It wasn't caught and acted upon quickly enough for this to not happen.

This affects so many people, from buyers, to sellers, to re-buyers, and re-sellers and so forth. It's a great big mess. And real money is involved by this point as well, with people buying Zen to take advantage of the empty AD/Zen conversion and 1Zen=500AD so those people are getting extra AD as a result of the mess. Who do you punish?

I don't like rollbacks any more than anyone else. They're annoying. But you can't just punish the first wave of exploiters. It's gotten too out of control. The RL money and AD has been spent by many many people back and forth. All those people who were given Cats free are included in this. So please consider a rollback. And I honestly have no idea how you will handle those that purchased Zen just to get the good deal on AD.
  • skrikarnskrikarn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, if there is a rollback, what happens to the money that people have invested to get Zen?
  • jinrummyjinrummy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Unlike some games at least they are trying to fix the problem.
  • slavebrat123slavebrat123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just started this game and my AD progression is extremely time oriented because I use leadership to farm what little AD I have. I play 100% Legit and I'm against a full shard rollback. It wouldn't be very fair to punish legit players because of the exploiters. I hope there's a way around full rollback.
  • cyrclecyrcle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So you are able to track where all non-legitimate and legitimate AD were spent, transferred and traded throughout this muck? Doubt it. Character specific roll backs will not work. We need at minimum a shard/game wide roll back of 36 hours (MINUMUM). Another option would be to put a cap on how much AD/Zen/Gold can be carried at one time to stop this from happening again.
  • yesugenyesugen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey guys just remember it's Open Beta! :D

At least people are finding the bugs for release, right? RIGHT!?

Seriously stop being a bad company and wipe your servers, the economy is ****ED
  • necronomniconnecronomnicon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rollbacks applying to only accounts with exploit logs will not take verything form them. my god. by now , plenty of people have scattered <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> across a multitude of easily created, free new accounts to be used as piggy banks. jesus christ. many or much of it will appear legitimate AH business. it will be impossible to take what these people have unfairly gained without a complete rollback, or even complete wipe. no other action is acceptable. many of thos epeople will always have access to many of the ill-gotten diamonds, and free zen down the road which is extremely unfair. no full rollbacks at least, & i advise people to do chargebacks. there is no other way of ensuring fairness. this is simple logic. I have known exploiters on past games who purchased new accounts simply for storage in assumption of incoming mass usage and bans for exploits. accounts are free and nearly instantaneous on this game. figure it out.
    So farewell hope, and with hope farewell fear,
    Farewell remorse; all good to me is lost.
    Evil, be thou my good.
  • kethronkethron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    skrikarn wrote: »
    Well, if there is a rollback, what happens to the money that people have invested to get Zen?

I'm more concerned about all the time people will lose if theres a server rollback, time is far more valuable. I don't think Cryptic has invented time travel yet to reimburse everyone *insert how many hours/days/weeks the rollback will be* the time they've lost.
  • freyawiskersfreyawiskers Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tormeanted wrote: »
    There may/will be rollbacks of everything? Toon level progress? Crafting progress? Money progress only?
    Should I even play at this point? Or will I lose any progress? May? Will? Etc.?

This post could be so much more informative.

I'm pretty sure that if they are going to roll back on anyone, it'll be the people who used the exploit that they are investigating and only those people. The extent of the rollback could be argued and so I imagine that they won't tell us about it until they have all the information they need.
  • solidusuksolidusuk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have been exploiting this for weeks. LOL you guys just found out. Thank god I distributed my AD around and bought Zen slowly. I swear....It was such a good thing until someone had to blurt it out and ruin it

When PW have to contend with morons like this its no wonder society is in the mess its in. I mean even the user name gives me the creeps... who can possible find that funny?
  • chaoticvirtuosochaoticvirtuoso Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I want my RL money back if they start doing crazy rollbacks.
  • marcvinimarcvini Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    devlinne wrote: »
    I'm gonna TRY and not be rude with you....

Please tell me good sir. How is a ROLLBACK of 24hrs a STARTOVER? Did u start playing 24 hrs ago?

I'm gonna TRY and not be rude with you....
    Please do me a favor, good sir: Before answering someone with some "smart" phrase, please, try to put the situation in perspective and ponder. If you do not understand my point of view, don't need to manifest yourself.
    "I am Elminster of Shadowdale, called by some the Old Sage, and called far worse things by others."