test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction House Offline

Comments

• soulwarrior78soulwarrior78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only problem with a character wipe is that there's a new GAME BREAKING exploit that is found every other week. Say they do a wipe, only to have someone find another exploit that completely crashes the game? Will they do another wipe?

The best way, is the band-aid method, which is to do a 24 hours rollback. Yes, there were some people that knew about it and were exploiting since the Gateway came up, but it was only fully known to all within the past 24 hours. Do a rollback and then hunt down the people that were exploiting the Gateway.

You can't be having full wipes every other week, which sadly, the game would have to have in its current state. Every other freaking week there's some crazy exploit that crashes the economy now.
  • smrtstnsmrtstn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sabbath80 wrote: »
    If they dont roll back there will be no one here to play your foundry mission. Not like anyone does them anyway. The AD reward is subpar

Not true. I do them :). I like to see how creative people can get.
  • falson1falson1 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    twinkleboi wrote: »
    Yeah if all my hard work over the last 2 weeks is now erased I will be disputing this via PayPal and getting my money back... and I bought BOTH founders packs...

I agree, I have worked VERY VERY hard the last couple of weeks, I have alm,ost 6 million AD and it was from buying low/selling high. I almost have enough for one of my end game daggers now. If they wipe I am not going through all those hours again. A wipe would erase all the hard work people did within the rules, most would not do it all over again. Those whining for a wipe are just selfish.
  • necronomniconnecronomnicon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aye17 wrote: »
    If they will do Wipe they will lose 50% of players...

if they don't wipe, they will lose 50% of paying players, many of which if not most would do chargebacks. myself included.
    So farewell hope, and with hope farewell fear,
    Farewell remorse; all good to me is lost.
    Evil, be thou my good.
  • lcraw78lcraw78 Member Posts: 52
    edited May 2013
    I'd Say fix the exploits roll back the servers delete everything refund everyone Zen they purchased refund everyones founder pack AD and start over.... Its easy to see who purchased what zen and where it went its all listed in the wallet and what founders packs everyone has. in our house we have 5 total level 60s my son has 2 i have 2 my husband has 1 and we all agree to have a server wipe to fix the econ.
  • reichstar2reichstar2 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ban the exploiters do away with the auction houses, use in game npc sellers to control economy for buying and selling, PW should just set cost of all items in GOLD and do away with AD all together, convert every ones AD back to ZEN and let then buy what they want or allow them to convert some AD to GOLD as well for in game use. I've not exploited a **** thing and this really pisses me off, I hate auction houses always have, when the players run the economy it just ruins the game.
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited May 2013
    sabbath80 wrote: »
    If they dont roll back there will be no one here to play your foundry mission. Not like anyone does them anyway. The AD reward is subpar

There are a lot of people that play this game for a reason other than grinding gear. In fact, this game's gear grind is damned near non-existent. I'd bet the gear grinders are mostly already getting bored.
    It's no big secret that this isn't a game designed to fill a huge social gap or create a long term commitment to acquisition of virtual wealth.

Want a ridiculous end game gear grind, you'll get bored quick.
    Want to run custom content created on a daily basis and make your own stories, unending fun.

Not bashing your style or anything, but if your motives for logging in are "get the most virtual goods as quickly as possible," you're probably not going to be playing this game very long.
  • swaseaclark2o6swaseaclark2o6 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ban the exploiters do away with the auction houses, use in game npc sellers to control economy for buying and selling, PW should just set cost of all items in GOLD and do away with AD all together, convert every ones AD back to ZEN and let then buy what they want or allow them to convert some AD to GOLD as well for in game use. I've not exploited a **** thing and this really pisses me off, I hate auction houses always have, when the players run the economy it just ruins the game.
    But.. that makes perfect sense! No way this happens.
  • vaelosvaelos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    http://www.twitch.tv/etup currently giving away free cats bought with duped AD
  • necronomniconnecronomnicon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    twinkleboi wrote: »
    Yeah if all my hard work over the last 2 weeks is now erased I will be disputing this via PayPal and getting my money back... and I bought BOTH founders packs...

I'll be disputing my zen purchase in paypal if there isn't a 48 hour rollback. 72 to be safe. yeah I'll lose a weekend of progress, but I refuse to play if these people get to stash their profits on dummy accounts all hidden around to pull out down the road for free zen when rates go back down, to cash in and make more as rates go back up, while others of us spent money to get our zen. it puts a rotten taste in my mouth.
    So farewell hope, and with hope farewell fear,
    Farewell remorse; all good to me is lost.
    Evil, be thou my good.
  • falson1falson1 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    if they don't wipe, they will lose 50% of paying players, many of which if not most would do chargebacks. myself included.

Better check with your bank. If you did not read the EULA, most games put something in there that prevents banks from doing chargebacks and even if they did your account would just get banned. They have a big enough player base with even half of the people leave.. the servers are already too crowded.. no one will miss you.. bye bye
  • lyssyaralyssyara Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This!

Need wipe, cryptic.
  • liquidc86liquidc86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ye and if they wipe they loose the other 50 :) so any of those its a 1/2 population decrease
    nothing to see here
  • swaseaclark2o6swaseaclark2o6 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If they wipe they will lose the other 50% due to losing all character progress.
  • drokadenkkdrokadenkk Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why wipe when you can just rollback and check logs for people that have been exploiting this and hand them IP bans -_-
  • zraaxzraax Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    falson1 wrote: »
    Better check with your bank. If you did not read the EULA, most games put something in there that prevents banks from doing chargebacks and even if they did your account would just get banned. They have a big enough player base with even half of the people leave.. the servers are already too crowded.. no one will miss you.. bye bye

A eula is not a law. You might be right about the account just getting banned, but i'm pretty sure a eula won't stop a chargeback. And if someone is to the point of a chargeback then they might not be too worried about getting banned.
  • sirjoqersirjoqer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hope they ban him hard. Etup that is.
  • hellogoodbye1234hellogoodbye1234 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wipe... this bug hasbeen ingame since day 1
  • sindofinsindofin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is odd that some idiots still try to get away with exploiting on such scale. Not only is it obviously damaging the enjoyment of their fellow players, but it also costs the devs significant resources to clean up the mess afterwards.

But it is odd that according to a comment on a related article on Massively, a similar bug existed in STO, and seems to have been reported during Neverwinter's closed beta several months ago. Was it fixed and did sneak back in when branching for patches?

Enclave zone chat is crazy right now. :o
    edited May 2013
    vaelos wrote: »
    http://www.twitch.tv/etup currently giving away free cats bought with duped AD
    he did not dupe any AD. stop trying to spread lies
  • lcraw78lcraw78 Member Posts: 52
    edited May 2013
    IT IS BETA all you folks crying about wipes its beta things change during beta you should always expect a wipe in beta even if they say no wipes... big bugs come up things get messed up beta is beta for a reason fix the stuff start fresh profit in the long run.
    edited May 2013
    liquidc86 wrote: »
    ye and if they wipe they loose the other 50 :) so any of those its a 1/2 population decrease

People wont leave if there is not a wipe. They are just throwing a fit like a 3 year old. They are just sitting in their moms basement crying it out :) Its more likely people will leave if they did a wipe or a rollback however since you are taking things from people they worked very hard to get. I hope they do not do a wipe and some people leave, the servers are too crowded already and I hate whiners :)
    edited May 2013
    I'll be disputing my zen purchase in paypal if there isn't a 48 hour rollback. 72 to be safe. yeah I'll lose a weekend of progress, but I refuse to play if these people get to stash their profits on dummy accounts all hidden around to pull out down the road for free zen when rates go back down, to cash in and make more as rates go back up, while others of us spent money to get our zen. it puts a rotten taste in my mouth.

They said they wont be doing that.. so leave now and stop the crying on the forums.. go grow a set and be a man.. yeesh
  • sabbath80sabbath80 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    There are a lot of people that play this game for a reason other than grinding gear. In fact, this game's gear grind is damned near non-existent. I'd bet the gear grinders are mostly already getting bored.
    It's no big secret that this isn't a game designed to fill a huge social gap or create a long term commitment to acquisition of virtual wealth.

Want a ridiculous end game gear grind, you'll get bored quick.
    Want to run custom content created on a daily basis and make your own stories, unending fun.

Not bashing your style or anything, but if your motives for logging in are "get the most virtual goods as quickly as possible," you're probably not going to be playing this game very long.

Cleary everyone games different. I could care less about custom developed stuff. I want the best stuff possible. And PVP my butt off and make money to open lockboxes. To sell that stuff and buy more. Thats why I play. To be feared when people see my on the Battlefield.
    edited May 2013
    its not a beta when real currency gets involved. nevertheless I support a full wipe
  • nethekurse15nethekurse15 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wipe... Ban Acc's and Ip's
  • ninjasinninjasin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5
    edited May 2013
    LOL@this guy, blatant proof of him exploiting.
  • siatisiati Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yes they have the diamonds stashed away on alt accounts for safe keeping, for when the diamond to zen goes down again and they're gonna cash in big time, and then manipulate the market again to raise the price back up and continue to multiply their unfairly gained diamonds/zen. if there isn't a wipe before my paypal 45 days ar eup, I'm charging it back to my account and psending the money elsewhere and never touching a pwe or cryptic game ever again. this is th emost unfair <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> I have ever dealt with in an mmorpg, and this one has only been out for weeks, ridiculous, aszinine devs

Agreeing with this. I will leave, permanently, if no wipe occurs, and will simply reclaim the money I spent on my founders.
    edited May 2013
    siati wrote: »
    Agreeing with this. I will leave, permanently, if no wipe occurs, and will simply reclaim the money I spent on my founders.

Leave now, they said no wipe.. Noone will miss you.. bye bye
  • gigaherz00gigaherz00 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I play mostly on weekends. That means I do most of my leveling on weekends also. If they roll-back to Friday, I will have lost 30-40% of my efforts. As far as I'm concerned, that's as good as a full wipe. I would just forget the game ever existed and pretend I don't see anything or anyone related to it. I don't care if they take items or AD away from me (although I haven't been involved in exploited items), but if they make me repeat the questing, I'll just stop playing.