test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction House Offline

Comments

• Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Things happen. -shrug- Go outside. Play with the kids. Do the laundry you've been putting off all week. Or keep playing. It's not like the servers are down. And if Nwn is all you have to do? Get outta the basement and go see the sun. (Yes, I know it burns!!) It's a game. :D

There is money involved for some of us, and not necessarily small sums. Plainly put, I need to know whether they do a rollback or come up with an equivalent solution before PayPal's deadline for disputes is up. I am happy with my HotN pack, no regrets. But I also spent hundreds on Zen for ADs, and PWE will need to decide whether they want to keep the money for those Zen. If the exploiters, and those who benefit from them (e.g. all those folks who get free cats), get to keep their stuff, I think it is reasonable that I will want to keep my dollars.

I understand that this is no easy situation, and that it is a lose-lose scenario for them where no matter what they do, someone will be unhappy. I'm looking forward to the follow-up information that they will post when they have looked into situation. I certainly see no reason for drama or for anyone going off the deep end.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    frayofrayo Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    God I hope your guys logs can parse this kind of error. If the database can't be queried for this information, this is going to suuuuuuuck.
    4QRF0.gif
  • Options
    caitatoniccaitatonic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just don't understand why people are calling for a full wipe right now. It would be one thing if we came into open beta expecting a wipe to happen when the game officially launched, but one of the drawing points for playing right now was knowing anything we did right now would not be reset. Exploits have happened in the past, and I'm sure they will continue happening. Why wipe now when it's likely there will be more coming? Why wouldn't you just wipe right before launch if you were going to do it at all?
  • Options
    chrisnazgu1chrisnazgu1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Did you know you can get Zen for free by filling out surveys and downloading programs? You do not have to pay a dime for anything in this game! If the AD to Zen ratio becomes <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, fill out surveys etc then exchange for AD.
  • Options
    synozeersynozeer Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And if they rollback, who is to say they won't rollback again a month later, and again after that? I certainly don't want to invest my time in a game where all my work can be wiped at a moments notice. Wiping might fix this exploit, but how about the next one, or the one after that?
    Guild: Chocolate Stand | Main: Hzarn (GF)/Danteel (HR) | Watch PvP Videos
  • Options
    noshiznoshiz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    wolfrat14 wrote: »
    The post below has been deleted by Perfect World multiple times. I am now concerned that if I continue posting it I will be banned from the game.

However, I am sure all the exploiters and gold sellers are perfectly safe in Perfect "Cheaters & Exploiters" World,

"There is no Zen available on Beholder server. It was all purchased by
    exploiters who made billions or trillions of AD and then purchased all Zen
    available. This exploit and event greatly benefits Perfect World, and that is
    why this exploit happened and is continuing unabated.

Let's take the example of Enchanted Keys. Enchanted cost Zen. One Zen = one
    U.S. penny; 100 Zen = U.S.$1. Astral Diamonds are an in-game only currency. A
    player makes AD simply by playing the game. AD can then be used to purchase
    Zen, which is needed to buy things like Bags, or Character Lots, or Bank Slots,
    or Enchanted Keys.

So a person can avoid spending real-life money to get these types of goods by
    getting AD and selling AD for Zen. The lower the AD price of Zen, the more a
    player's AD is worth in terms of an Astral Diamonds ---> Zen (U.S.$) ratio.
    This benefits the player and hurts Perfect World. The higher the exchange
    ratio, the less buying power a player has with Astral Diamonds, and the more
    likely it will be a player might go and actually purchase Zen with real-life
    money to use in-game.

For example, an Enchanted Key costs 125 Zen, or U.S.$1.25. During the first
    week of the game, the Zen-Astral Diamond exchange was 1:420. 42,000 Astral
    Diamonds = 100 Zen or U.S.$1. Last night the ratio was down to 1:365. 36,500
    Astral Diamonds = 100 Zen or U.S.$1. That means every single player had Astral
    Diamonds that were more valuable, and therefore were less likely to need to go
    and buy, with real-life money, Zen to use in the game.

Then this AH exploit happens. Exploiters get billions or trillions of AD and
    buy all available Zen. Now the Zen, if any is for sale, is back to a ratio of
    1:500. 50,000 Astral Diamonds = 100 Zen or U.S.$1. All Astral Diamonds, for
    all players, is worth much less. It will take much more Astral Diamonds to buy
    an Enchanted Key to open all those Nightmare Lockboxes, or a new Character Slot,
    or Bank Slots, etc. Players are now more likely to get and purcahse Zen from
    Perfect World in order to buy these items in-game, since our in-game currencies'
    real world value has seriously fallen.

Perfect World is not talking about a server
    rollback or character wipe, which would be the only ways to correct this issue.

You want an Enchanted Key or Character Slot? You are unable to purchase Zen
    from the in-game Zen-Astral Diamond exchange at the last moment I was in-game.
    You would have to go to Perfect World's Zen site, input your credit card
    information, and purchase Zen with real-life money. Astral Diamonds are now
    worthless. I was buying Enchanted Keys only with Zen exchanged from Astral
    Diamonds. I cannot do that anymore.

Perfect World wins.

I would like my $60 back, please. I expect that to happen like I expect to wake
    up tomorrow and be LeBron James. Another lesson learned--do not spend real-life
    money on a Perfect World game, ever, or at least until they actually officially
    launch it. Only use credit cards with some kind of serious buyer protection if
    you ever Perfect World some of your hard-earned money. $60 is an expensive
    lesson, but I did learn it. Oh, yes, I did."

Even thought it sounds "logical", i am pretty sure it's wrong. And i'll tell you why.

Perfect World, (and any company with a game), doesn't need exploiters to do such a thing. Just think for a moment, all this mess and all this that is happening right now, it's gonna hurt the company because players will leave.

Instead, if they wanted to "cheat" their game they could easily ask a GM to send a specific amount of AD and/or Zen to a person (their person ofc) with as simple command like /give @handler 10000 AD, a simple command that exists in 99,99% mmo games. And they would had avoid all that, no whining, no players leaving, no one would ever know anything.

So i am pretty sure that they don't want exploiters/cheaters because it does NOT benefit them, it hurts them.

Now you might ask how can we know if they haven't cheated with a GM already?

Well we don't, but we don't know this answer to any MMO at all, ether being F2P or B2P. Giving items can happen to all games, and we just trust that they wont do it, or at least that it wont affect anyone.
    fs_49316d8a5de21281b0f4fc8f0089006b.png
  • Options
    tranquilknighttranquilknight Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't care if we wipe and start over or w/e I just want my zen refunded in this game, Don't call it a beta, let me use real money, and then take it all away for your profit saying its my loss because it was a beta, that would be nothing less than theft.
  • Options
    mapost1985mapost1985 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    You all make my head hurt. If you dont like the way the game is going leave. Its an Open-Beta. The game is open-open. They are not going to shut down and restart. What you have now, you will have. If this was just BETA- would you be spending real life money, on something that was just going to go poof suddenly? Also if you are threating the Dev's <fix it or else> they dont care if you leave or not. Also there is a method to see what item is in whose inventory, what time it was gotten, and by who. Its a simple code. All MMO's have it. -ALL- Now its kinda pointless to argue. So lets just head back in game. And try to sell each other Residum or a Mailsmith.
  • Options
    atlasreduxatlasredux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Did you know you can get Zen for free by filling out surveys and downloading programs? You do not have to pay a dime for anything in this game! If the AD to Zen ratio becomes <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, fill out surveys etc then exchange for AD.
    That might work good for you in the US, but for instance in Norway, there isn't a single offer available. No surveys, NOTHING, not even offers that cost money, only purely buying Zen.
    Stop assuming the entire world has the same options.
  • Options
    zraaxzraax Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    caitatonic wrote: »
    I just don't understand why people are calling for a full wipe right now. It would be one thing if we came into open beta expecting a wipe to happen when the game officially launched, but one of the drawing points for playing right now was knowing anything we did right now would not be reset. Exploits have happened in the past, and I'm sure they will continue happening. Why wipe now when it's likely there will be more coming?

I agree, and I think some people might be saying "wipe" when they mean "rollback".. One point I have seen people make is that the exploit has been around since day one and so a rollback of a few days wouldn't make sense, but if this exploit only exploded recently and was previously confined to just a few people, then why not roll back a few days, and then deal with the originators individually?
  • Options
    ninjanemesisninjanemesis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    There is money involved for some of us, and not necessarily small sums. Plainly put, I need to know whether they do a rollback or come up with an equivalent solution before PayPal's deadline for disputes is up. I am happy with my HotN pack, no regrets. But I also spent hundreds on Zen for ADs, and PWE will need to decide whether they want to keep the money for those Zen.

I can understand being upset about potentially losing money, but it's the same with any game. Turbine dealt with a similar issue with the TP. I'm sure WoW has had issues too. It's going to happen regardless of the game. I've lost count how much money I've spent with Turbine and DDO on various things. (Mostly companions/pets and armor kits, I like things pretty.)

Maybe I just look at things differently than others. I've only spent about 60-70 on Zen and I'm, honestly, not worried about it. It's money I'd have blown elsewhere.
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    mapost1985 wrote: »
    So lets just head back in game. And try to sell each other Residum or a Mailsmith.

No problem, I have two spare Mailsmiths. I'll sell them to you for 75,000,000,000 AD each, which is just a bit below the current going rate.
  • Options
    stubbinmytoestubbinmytoe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    if they don't wipe, they will lose 50% of paying players, many of which if not most would do chargebacks. myself included.

Paypal doesn't do chargebacks on purchase of virtual items (such as electronic downloads).

If they wipe, I am out
  • Options
    idancingdragonidancingdragon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Downloading programs? Seems legit.
    What do they gain from that? Oh that's right it's probably a virus or a program that steals data *legally* by stating it in the terms and conditions (which nobody reads).
  • Options
    tallulahkattallulahkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    please do a complete wipe and refund all our zen and reset our founders packs..
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why didn't you shut down the servers immediatly? As soon as they read your message, people started selling cats for gold and other stuff like keys, or they probably spread the ADs on several alt accounts, offered it to friends, and so on.

I hope you will delete every single piece of ADs people created with the exploit. Even if it's been given to friends, traded, turned into items like cats and so on. If you don't then your game isn't worth playing it anymore.
  • Options
    yarknarfyarknarf Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ases3no wrote: »
    I'm %100 sure they wont do any rollbacks they won't do anything. And I'm sad.

Yeah, I don't see them doing anything other than ban some accounts that have already laundered the currencies.

I guess the choice is wipe and lose many, many F2P who may not want to put in all of the work again

or

Don't wipe and lose far less people but people who spend money.

I figure they will see losing a few people who have spent money and dealing with that thing is the lesser of two evils.

Which is a shame because a wipe with zen refund would solve the issue.

I can't see myself doing a lot of PvP if enough people are max geared through exploits and I'm just setting myself up with the basics - so this kind of cuts off a whole side of the game.

I hope they see the long term picture and restart.

But I doubt it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    synozeer wrote: »
    And if they rollback, who is to say they won't rollback again a month later, and again after that? I certainly don't want to invest my time in a game where all my work can be wiped at a moments notice. Wiping might fix this exploit, but how about the next one, or the one after that?

If they were to roll back to a few days ago before this thing exploded, then go on from there, you would lose a few days of work but not all of it. If there is a huge problem each month and they roll back a few days to fix it, then you're making progress maybe 25 out of 30 days per month. That sucks, i'll give you that, it's no fun to rollback at any time but it's not all of your work down the drain.
  • Options
    lourdieslourdies Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sabbath80 wrote: »
    Never in my 8 years of PWI have I seen them Roll-back anything.

They did a rollback on FW about 2 or 3 months ago :)
    0kqy.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Paypal doesn't do chargebacks on purchase of virtual items (such as electronic downloads). If they wipe, I am out

They do. I deal with them on a daily basis.
  • Options
    caitatoniccaitatonic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zraax wrote: »
    I agree, and I think some people might be saying "wipe" when they mean "rollback".. One point I have seen people make is that the exploit has been around since day one and so a rollback of a few days wouldn't make sense, but if this exploit only exploded recently and was previously confined to just a few people, then why not roll back a few days, and then deal with the originators individually?

Exactly. I understand it has been around for a long time, but it didn't have nearly the impact it is having now. It's funny to me that people are making a big deal out of it now, when they didn't even know it was going on in the background - so why exactly would we need a full wipe? While I don't agree with it, I think it's dumb to use that as an excuse to support a full wipe rather than just a rollback. Let the fact that it has been happening since day 1 go, as it clearly did not have a noticeable effect until today.
  • Options
    devlinnedevlinne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zraax wrote: »

OH MY GAWD! ^__^ I've been saying this at least four times in different ways to at least reach into some ppl's thickness-__-.
    The crazy thing ppl don't get, is that a FULL WIPE is never nor was it EVER in the cards for pwe as a company to do...

What CAN be done is a 24 hour rollback or SOMETHING to stem the explosion....THE RECENT explosion. Which for now would suffice. Return the game state to 24 hrs ago...where everyone's greatest concern was "balance" and "nerf this and that!"
    THAT was TOLERABLE.

I'm logged out of game...hoping that when i wake tomorrow...server will be down and in the process of rollback.
    THIS is the only solution.
    THIS is what we should be pushing for, cos it CAN be done.....

The more u ask for a WIPE...the more, the devs or whoever are gonna just "yikes^^ don't look at the ridiculous thread, ppl must be CRAZY to think we gonna wipe and refund stuff..."

Lets make them say "Hmmmm, yo bob, check it out, they in favour of a rollback. We roll it back, this sheet goes away, minimal BS, good temp fix, we walk away being the heroes that listened, WIN WIN BRAH! ^__^ waddaya say?"
    PITY,REGRET, AND MERCY are just EXCUSES for the strong not to kill the weak!
  • Options
    killsmallchildr1killsmallchildr1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is a BETA. WIPE THE SERVERS!
  • Options
    draconianumdraconianum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    No wipe, just ban all who use this exploit and others exploits, simple thing =)
  • Options
    meshtanmeshtan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No wipe, maybe a rollback to yesterday when it started, but if they do a wipe, I can't imagine bothering to level up again.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    BTW you guys know this exploit is not new right? This has been going on for weeks. People have been exploiting this for a very long time and it just now went public. People have stock piled huge amounts of AD and Zen and done it secretly without letting you guys know. The game is already messed. If they do not wipe the game is doomed because the smarter ones who knew about this earlier have already stock piled their AD and we just found out about it yesterday.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    let's have a debate now about whether the BBB is a corrupt organization ;p
  • Options
    rojjinrojjin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Reset all AD to founders status/nothing for freebies, and ban people who stock piled zen using assets gained by this using any method

if there are rollbacks or a wipe, we'll most likely be bringing a class action to your front door, and finding a new company to game with
  • Options
    ctdummy80ctdummy80 Member Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    My suggestion would be to make a list people who actually posted the auctions that generated the ad. Then roll back a few days before it really got out of control and then ban those accounts. This would be a minor inconvenience as far as player level and items sold etc. but it would rectify most of the economic impact and punish those responsible. It isn't a 100% solution but it has the least repercussions against innocent bystanders.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    This exploit has been being used for weeks now, and you all just figured it out.