test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The current situation, what would want them to do?

Comments

• sandman121sandman121 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bring on the wipe, but ban players..
  • sandiegodudesandiegodude Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    penpenstar wrote: »
    WIPE! with purchased zen refund (as fresh zen) into our accounts.
    Needs to do more than that. They'll need to refund all the way back to people who transferred money in via the Zen Wallet system, else you bone people who traded their zen for AD.
  • furist24furist24 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wipe is the only option at this point.
  • cookjkcookjk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    The AH and AD exploit is nothing if they don't fix the classes. Until that happens the game is a fail with or without a working economy.
  • giuannagiuanna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wipe and refund zen. why give this game 1 month life when you can start over and also make a huge amount of $ again?
  • reserton87reserton87 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Full wipe or no point in playing any more, economy will be destroyed for a long time.
  • evilkinglarryevilkinglarry Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Let's say Cryptic does do a wipe. Do we call for a new full wipe the next time an exploit unbalances things? Because there is almost always a next time. It doesn't strike me as a good idea to punish those who had nothing to do with any of these exploiting messes.

I'm personally not that far in game a 45 two mid 20's and a 13, but a wipe would kill this game for me and a bunch of people I brought with me to play this. We tend to not mess with betas due to the wipe afterwards and decided to give this a go because of the no wipe note in the open beta news article.

Another problem with a wipe comes in the form of those who bought the lockbox keys. This would be exactly like someone winning a lottery and getting to play around with their winnings only to have it all taken back, told sorry and given new tickets. That doesn't strike me as a good idea. sure you have the Zen in your account. But to me that isn't much of a consolation prize.
  • kaxxxxkaxxxx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Definitely a complete wipe, with Zen purchases being either refunded or the Zen given to the players who bought it after the wipe. The game is supposedly still in beta so I don't see why a wipe would be such a big deal.
  • blink921blink921 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11
    edited May 2013
    I voted Wipe with obvious refunds.

Reasons they should
    -Start over after exploit is fixed,

Reasons they will not do this
    -They would have a big loss of players. No one wants to start over
    -People that continue to play would most likely not continue to buy as much stuff as they would other wise due to fear of another exploit/Wipe.

If they do not wipe it they should at least rollback. My thought on is that rolling back would not be enough due some people that exploited before, not enough to get caught but enough to profit from it, might not be touched.

SERVERS SHOULD GO DOWN EITHER WAY TO PREVENT FURTHER PROBLEMS AND ANGER IF THEY DO EITHER.
  • nyysjannyysjan Member Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    No wipes, no rollbacks.
    Ban the exploiting accounts, remove the AD and items made, slap on the wrist to everyone having bought the items that were clearly sold under a fair price (20g cat? lol no) and maybe return them their gold/AD or whatever.

If i loose my level 60 CW, i doubt i will be willing to level one back up again, i'll just kiss this game, and the 20
  • penpenstarpenpenstar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Needs to do more than that. They'll need to refund all the way back to people who transferred money in via the Zen Wallet system, else you bone people who traded their zen for AD.

ah yeah + that!
  • badxideasbadxideas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    I hate to say it, because I have (like every other respectable non-exploiting player) put in a good amount of time, but for the long term good of the game and those players who haven't even started playing yet we need to set things back to the beginning and do a wipe. Permanent bans to those who deserve them - even for those that only 'cheated a little' or whatever.

No matter what it is they choose, I do hope they let us know soon so I can decide whether or not to keep making progress.

I have spent zen on character slots, but they were zen I bought with astral diamonds (from the double ad weekend and the week after) so I suppose I would lose them if there was a wipe. Tricky situation and I don't envy pwi one bit.
    Amillion Bucks L60 obsolete GF
    Amillion Dollars L60 'easy mode' GWF
  • blink921blink921 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11
    edited May 2013
    kaxxxx wrote: »
    Definitely a complete wipe, with Zen purchases being either refunded or the Zen given to the players who bought it after the wipe. The game is supposedly still in beta so I don't see why a wipe would be such a big deal.

I believe they stated when going to open beta there would be no wipes from this point on, Tho I agree.
  • molivolmolivol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I vote for wipe & ban, but not exp wipe. Reset all "earned AD" (from quests completed), remove all gear & all inventory, and replace it with some basic packs of potions, runes, and starting gear appropriate to our levels.
  • ampzkiiampzkii Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ejziponken wrote: »
    The solution is very simple.

Roll-back only all the selling and buying in the action house and the zen market for the last 24-48 hours. Nothing else.

If you sold gear, you get them back and lose the diamonds you got for it. If you bought something you lose the stuff you bought, but get the diamonds back.

This will delete the mass exploiting and we can keep our stuff that we had. We just have to resell/rebuy it. All the XP/EXP would still be there and all the gear you picked up will also still be there. If you traded zen for diamonds it reverts and vice versa.

Then they just need to hunt down the exploiters and ban them and take the diamonds

Agreed on that. That's the solution to go for in my opinion.

As you said all stuff just returns and players only have to resell/rebuy items.

The problem I can see with this is if someone bought item(s) with diamonds and then gave away/traded the item(s) so another player has it, it can be hard to track down if the system don't log items with individual ID's.

The other problem I see are if the diamonds someone got from selling item(s) in auction are used so there is no/not enough diamonds to give back for the item(s) sold. But do it simple and just take all the diamonds available. The buyers are anyway the ppl who have exploited the glitch most I think.

Someone may have a suggestion that is better than this, but based on this principle. Please do write in this case, so we can get the best possible solution to this problem. The main thing is anyway that you are doing a rollback on just what happened on the Auction House for a suitable time (24-72h, that you see in the logs when the issue exploded).

Best regards
    Tommy
  • jadedragon1337jadedragon1337 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    blink921 wrote: »

SERVERS SHOULD GO DOWN EITHER WAY TO PREVENT FURTHER PROBLEMS AND ANGER IF THEY DO EITHER.

This. They seem to be taking this way to lightly. The servers should be down at this point for sure.
  • caitatoniccaitatonic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    badxideas wrote: »
    I hate to say it, because I have (like every other respectable non-exploiting player) put in a good amount of time, but for the long term good of the game and those players who haven't even started playing yet we need to set things back to the beginning and do a wipe. Permanent bans to those who deserve them - even for those that only 'cheated a little' or whatever.

No matter what it is they choose, I do hope they let us know soon so I can decide whether or not to keep making progress.

I have spent zen on character slots, but they were zen I bought with astral diamonds (from the double ad weekend and the week after) so I suppose I would lose them if there was a wipe. What of the new characters I have made though? Tricky situation and I don't envy pwi one bit.

No way. It's their fault, and the time we put into this should be respected more than that. They can deal with it on a more specified basis without <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> those who didn't exploit over to the max. A rollback would suffice.
  • yagatonyagaton Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ampzkii wrote: »
    Agreed on that. That's the solution to go for in my opinion.

As you said all stuff just returns and players only have to resell/rebuy items.

The problem I can see with this is if someone bought item(s) with diamonds and then gave away/traded the item(s) so another player has it, it can be hard to track down if the system don't log items with individual ID's.

The other problem I see are if the diamonds someone got from selling item(s) in auction are used so there is no/not enough diamonds to give back for the item(s) sold. But do it simple and just take all the diamonds available. The buyers are anyway the ppl who have exploited the glitch most I think.

Someone may have a suggestion that is better than this, but based on this principle. Please do write in this case, so we can get the best possible solution to this problem. The main thing is anyway that you are doing a rollback on just what happened on the Auction House for a suitable time (24-72h, that you see in the logs when the issue exploded).

Best regards
    Tommy

I really don't think they CAN rollback like that...
  • sarahyumisarahyumi Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    raal1 wrote: »
    Ban everyone playing the game! It's the only way to be sure!

Best comment today =)
  • kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited May 2013
    No rollback, no wipe.

Ban the exploiters and their mule accounts and then live with it, the market will stabilize itself again in 1-2 weeks. Maybe introduce some AD sink for the super-rich who benefited from AH black-friday sale.

A rollback or wipe will satisfy the 3-400 people who vote in this poll (half of them probably don't even play and are just forum fighters) and will <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off thousands of casual players who even now have no idea what is going on and just want to enjoy the game.
  • f0skef0ske Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    Wipe wipe wipe and wipe .
  • frodinthronefrodinthrone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Set up a brand-new shard with a separate economy that starts from scratch. Offer people who paid cash a choice to switch to the new economy, get locked out of the old one, and get all their stuff returned.

Fresh start for those who want it and anyone who wants to crawl around on a rotting corpse instead can also do so.
  • vamps37vamps37 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    You can try and PERMA ban people but its a FREE game. Any donkey can set up BS email accounts so your never gonna fully ban these people.

I'm all for a FULL SCRUB of the servers. its still in OPEN BETA if people don't understand that Ohhhh well. I'd like to see cryptic let us keep us kept items from the cash shop but even still. its open beta.
  • kajakeenkajakeen Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Set up a brand-new shard with a separate economy that starts from scratch. Offer people who paid cash a choice to switch to the new economy, get locked out of the old one, and get all their stuff returned.

Fresh start for those who want it and anyone who wants to crawl around on a rotting corpse instead can also do so.

This option keeps being brought up. I'm pretty sure though, that all shards are being merged into ONE server at some point in the future?
  • azurealfangazurealfang Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I say do a complete wipe, their was way too many exploits, from the foundry to GF to dungeons bosses and now the AH, each of which messed up the economy in the game completely. This game literally went from a great game to and ****ty game in a matter of a couple weeks. It definitely won't bother me any to level a new character, I enjoyed questing, and hell I may even play a different class.
  • jaer44jaer44 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only way to ensure that all exploiters, illegal AD and items are taken care of is via a full wipe, with full fix instituted. All Zen purchased via real money would be refunded back to the Zen wallet. I posted in another thread that the ToS has a provision specifically for this type of issue.

(http://www.perfectworld.com/about/terms ; sec. 16)

While yes, a wipe overall would be bad initially for the people who have multiple lv. 60's, in the long run, it's the only way to ensure that the characters, items and economy remain stable.
  • fennypencefennypence Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    Yes all shards will be merged, it's been stated from Day 1.
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hueheuheuhe mordekaizer es # 1
  • darthlokidarthloki Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I voted for complete server wipe including bans
  • garrisddgarrisdd Member Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    Why bother with the wipe, the ones you want to punish are the exploiters and they have already cashed out. The gear that flooded the market is already bought, and the gold selling sites are going to keep spamming zone chat and and ingame mail.

A wipe just punishes people who worked hard to get what they have and will scare away more customers and add a PR nightmare. Maybe the game needs a wipe but it would be suicidal for the game.