What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So you want to be rich in Neverwinter? Here's how I did it

Comments

• Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,386 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I did two Protect the Caravan missions via the Gateway and claimed them via the Gateway. Logged in to check and found my 400 RAD waiting for me. I know it is from the missions as I made certain I had 0 RAD before I claimed the reward. I am running more tonight to check in the morning. I am keeping tabs on how many I do to compare. I will post the results here when I am done.
  • Options
    uvirith1uvirith1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 124
    edited May 2013
    scififan78 wrote: »
    I did two Protect the Caravan missions via the Gateway and claimed them via the Gateway. Logged in to check and found my 400 RAD waiting for me. I know it is from the missions as I made certain I had 0 RAD before I claimed the reward. I am running more tonight to check in the morning. I am keeping tabs on how many I do to compare. I will post the results here when I am done.
    I run missins worth 3k rough AD all day and claimed them via gateway. When I logged in I had 0 RAD on my account.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    uvirith1 wrote: »
    I run missins worth 3k rough AD all day and claimed them via gateway. When I logged in I had 0 RAD on my account.

I am not saying there is not a problem. I am just stating my experiences and testing.
  • Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2013
    We have an auto refinement feature in the game so you aren't penalized if you just forget (or don't bother like myself) to manually refine your AD that triggers (I believe) when you login to the game, though I don't believe it is messaged to the player at all.
  • Options
    wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wonderful, wonderful addition! Thank you for your input!!
    I would like to add that I prefer to save my tokens until I have 7 of them to buy the Enchantment Pack. There is a chance to get a Coalescent Ward from them, and I seem to have no trouble selling them on the AH for around 150-160k AD :)
    Coalescent Wards cost 1k Zen (around 360k AD on Dragon) in the Zen Store, so the people buying the packs (I hope that's what you're selling) are praying for a lucky roll on the ward.
  • Options
    cptcheese255cptcheese255 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How hard can it be for people to realize that you can do this AND play the game... It doesn't take that much time... Plenty of time to get dem purples and sell them in the AH...
  • Options
    uvirith1uvirith1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 124
    edited May 2013
    panderus wrote: »
    We have an auto refinement feature in the game so you aren't penalized if you just forget (or don't bother like myself) to manually refine your AD that triggers (I believe) when you login to the game, though I don't believe it is messaged to the player at all.
    Oh, I didnt know that. Thank you for clearing that up.
  • Options
    arlandinoarlandino Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sounds fun... oh wait ... no it doesn't
  • Options
    herbtrader20herbtrader20 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Why thank you for commenting! Hopefully your avatar is not a reflection on future Neverwinter content, as I cannot handle moar pandas 0.o
    So says the wise old herbtrader.
  • Options
    gruntykillfacegruntykillface Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    arcbladez wrote: »
    Sounds extremely boring. I think I'd much rather play the AH and make even more AD that way instead. Except I find playing the AH boring too and I'd rather be "normal" and have fun playing the game than being rich but bored out of my mind. When you have to treat a video game like a job just to become rich, that's where I draw the line!

Here's a better idea, why don't I spend that time doing overtime at my real life job, then buy $40+ worth of Zen instead?

Somebody be nice and give this guy a clue.
  • Options
    silveralansilveralan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You know I am so appreciate that you can provide a easy way for the newbies.
    But I am also worried about the abuse of it.

Farmers can write a short program for this and keep it running in packs.
    If someone have 100 chars or more than that, which is actually the farmer are doing, he will totally ruin the economy in game.

Guess I finally find the way that how can they sell cheaper ADs than the official does.
  • Options
    jbrelsjbrels Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I will use this. Thanks.
  • Options
    herbtrader20herbtrader20 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    silveralan wrote: »
    You know I am so appreciate that you can provide a easy way for the newbies.
    But I am also worried about the abuse of it.

Farmers can write a short program for this and keep it running in packs.
    If someone have 100 chars or more than that, which is actually the farmer are doing, he will totally ruin the economy in game.

Guess I finally find the way that how can they sell cheaper ADs than the official does.

Thanks for your comment/concerns. Rest assured that the BOTS of the MMO gaming industry are out there, and have been since I can remember. And while they can and have ruined the in-game economy in other games, I highly doubt that THIS will be a popular way for farming bots to generate wealth (too much wasted time leveling the alts). There are far too many ways that are much easier and reward an extremely higher Gold/AD/Zen per minute ratio with a single logged in character, but that is garbage and not what this thread was about. This guide is intended for the Individual seeking Individual wealth in Neverwinter. NOT "Gold-Farming Botters" come look what I can do...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    jbrels wrote: »
    I will use this. Thanks.

Thanks to you
  • Options
    rustedheartzrustedheartz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    Ah, but you're not in it for the XP, you're there for the AD. Protect Caravan is 2hrs for 200AD.
    (one flaw with the OP's original method is that Collect Taxes requires a steady supply of District Maps)

And at the moment you can't convert regular maps to district maps. So I think you will have to get them via drops or the AH.
  • Options
    usagi2697usagi2697 Member Posts: 61
    edited May 2013
    Greetings fellow gamers! This thread will be short and sweet. Follow theses steps to begin hoarding your own pile of Gold, Astral Diamonds and Zen and to be able to do so without spending any of your hard-earned RL $$.

Step 1. Play Neverwinter, learn how it works, level main character to level 10.

Step 2. Learn about Professions, specifically Leadership, and how it works. Complete the several "Intro" Leadership missions that take anywhere from 5seconds to 15mins to complete.

Step 3. Complete the mission: Guard Duty (2HR) as often as you can until you level up to Leadership Level 4. Also around this time, you will reach Character Level 11 and obtain access to Invocation! use this every HOUR for a chance at additional ASTRAL DIAMONDS!!!

Step 4. Complete the mission: Protect the Caravan (2HR) as often as you can until you are Leadership level 15ish and have access to the mission: Collecting Taxes (8HR).

Step 5. Switch to your 2nd available character and level him/her to level 10. Repeat steps 1-4.

Step 6. Obtain enough AD via questing and professions to make your first ZEN PURCHASE!! You will be buying 2 ADDITIONAL CHARACTER SLOTS for 500 zen (387 AD per Zen at present time x 500 = 193,500 AD. ) This can be done in the Zen/AD exchange, which is accessible via one of the buttons at the top of your game screen (really, you should know this by now). This took me 3 days of playing the game and using gateway to keep professions active. Repeat Steps 1-4 with characters 3 & 4.

Step 7. Transfer all AD to the same character or simply store it all in the exchange itself for an easy withdraw from any character. (This can be done by making a Zen listing such as "Buy 1000 Zen @ 50 AD EA.". As nobody will sell ZEN so cheaply, you do not need to worry about your listing being filled. Cancel your listing, and the amount of AD that was used in the posting is returned to the EXCHANGE instead of to your character. This allows you to pool all AD quite easily.

I do not believe that this is an exploit of any kind, nor have I violated any rules or terms of service with my process. It is a 100% LEGIT way to start your journey towards being a Neverwinter Tycoon!

** Keep an eye out for 2x AD Weekends!!! The one we just had was like Christmas for me **
    ** Collect Taxes Mission - Send Hero - Double AD = :):) **

Or you could go to work, earn real money, and purchase them in Zen market :) This way you don't have to be in-game all the time.
    Just j/k, this is a good guide which can be applied for ppl who really love the game.
  • Options
    calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And at the moment you can't convert regular maps to district maps. So I think you will have to get them via drops or the AH.

Those maps sell for more than you can get from the assignment.
  • Options
    asakochanasakochan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks to you

I actually started to do this, not w/o a bit of funk, i must recon lol cos i'm not rich i was pretty poor, and i really need and want to buy the **** cat and that costs 990k AD :P

So to resume everything:

I have a lvl 57 main on which i had around 160k AD
    Got a rogue that i thought would be my main initialy but i dropped it at lvl 22 to make a cleric, and i got on it like 17k AD.
    Using your system i put them on zen trade and transfered on the main and i was lucky enough to buy 500 zen at an exchange rate of 357 wich was awesome!
    So i bought the char slot extention and last night i created 2 more chars, one lvled up to 14, the second to 12. Both have now Leadership lvl 3 but only on the char lvl 14 i could start to do AD missions atm.

After i bought the char slots i went broke; i had left only 14k so i can tell you i was feeling awful ROFL! ;D
    I made the count of how much i gained using the Gateway and ingame dailies. I ran on my main only the skirmishes and pvp ones, which was 3k each as reward. I done the prayers during the pvp event and that was an additional 2k.
    On the lvl 22 rogue i done only the pvp event which was 2k AD.
    I gathered all the AD from all the chars on my main and atm from all 4 i have 45k, counting that i sold some stuff on AH for about 3k.
    Iono if this is good or bad as a sum at the end of the day, but i still feel like poor lol, and i'm pretty tired after the double power lvling of the both chars :D

One thing i noticed: i have 4 slots to use on my main on professions but i can run Protect Caravan only on 3 of them even if i have 4 workers. Is this task limited or i miss something?

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    scififan78 wrote: »

I have completed my testing. I did enough "protect the caravan" tasks to earn 2k RAD. It was all done using the Gateway on my mobile phone. I logged in this evening (couldn't do it in the morning due to server maintenance) and found 0 RAD but, my AD total was 2k higher. Every completed task did claim properly and the RAD auto-refined when I logged on.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    asakochan wrote: »
    I actually started to do this, not w/o a bit of funk, i must recon lol cos i'm not rich i was pretty poor, and i really need and want to buy the **** cat and that costs 990k AD :P

So to resume everything:

I have a lvl 57 main on which i had around 160k AD
    Got a rogue that i thought would be my main initialy but i dropped it at lvl 22 to make a cleric, and i got on it like 17k AD.
    Using your system i put them on zen trade and transfered on the main and i was lucky enough to buy 500 zen at an exchange rate of 357 wich was awesome!
    So i bought the char slot extention and last night i created 2 more chars, one lvled up to 14, the second to 12. Both have now Leadership lvl 3 but only on the char lvl 14 i could start to do AD missions atm.

After i bought the char slots i went broke; i had left only 14k so i can tell you i was feeling awful ROFL! ;D
    I made the count of how much i gained using the Gateway and ingame dailies. I ran on my main only the skirmishes and pvp ones, which was 3k each as reward. I done the prayers during the pvp event and that was an additional 2k.
    On the lvl 22 rogue i done only the pvp event which was 2k AD.
    I gathered all the AD from all the chars on my main and atm from all 4 i have 45k, counting that i sold some stuff on AH for about 3k.
    Iono if this is good or bad as a sum at the end of the day, but i still feel like poor lol, and i'm pretty tired after the double power lvling of the both chars :D

One thing i noticed: i have 4 slots to use on my main on professions but i can run Protect Caravan only on 3 of them even if i have 4 workers. Is this task limited or i miss something?

Thanks!

Wonderful, Asakochan! Thank you for testing this out with me! Yes, it can be slow going at first!! Hopefully you can get lucky with a Coalescent Ward from your 1st turn in of celestial coins! The 120-160k would be a nice infusion to your early snowball. I too have "Power Leveled" (i.e. marathon gaming via solo questing) an extra character to level 30 for the extra profession slot, and felt a bit burned out :) I woke up the next morning ready to do another, so hopefully we share that drive!
    To address your concerns:

"After i bought the char slots i went broke; i had left only 14k so i can tell you i was feeling awful ROFL!"
    Yes, it can be disheartening when at a bottom of this rollercoaster ride. It happens to all of us, and WILL happen to each who attempt this system. The good news is, save, continue to work professions, and your supply will restock!! In the meantime, if you are playing on Beholder, hit me up in game. I will be happy to discuss more details with you, and possibly toss some AD your way to help get your snowball going faster!

" i have 4 slots to use on my main on professions but i can run Protect Caravan only on 3 of them even if i have 4 workers. Is this task limited or i miss something"

Yes, this was something that I failed to mention in my OP. I had no idea that this would be news to anyone, and did not expect the response that it has gotten so far! That being said, I will probably go back and update it to reflect the maximum number of any single-named mission being 3. If you have a fourth mission slot to use, I recommend upgrading/purchasing a Guard/Man-At-Arms to accomplish some of the higher level missions. A 6 hour "Battle the Undead" is really not such a bad return, especially if you are going to set it overnight (while you sleep), as protect will be done in 2 hours and be wasted for the remainder. NOTE: If you can obtain an Adventurer or two, it can actually be WORTH it to do "Battle the Undead" and "Collect Taxes" due to the extra 25% speed. In short... find something that you do with it :) An idle slot wont get you anywhere! Ha

Thanks for commenting!
  • Options
    darkwingz88darkwingz88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can make decent living with just a 10 chars.
    Its kinda funny how people scream this game is p2w and you must buy zen to afford diamonds, respecs, enchants etc.

You just got to adjust, make alts, and spend some time actually grinding. Tell me wchich mmo doesnt have grind, and allows you to roll in cash/items.

Before you posted - that was exactly what I thought about doing, and pretty much im not stopping at 10 alts as it will be sufficient for my relaxed playstyle.

I must mention its pretty good idea to:
    1. make one proffesion of 10level to unlock additional slot
    2. buy 2x grandmaster/hero so you can unlock +100% speed bonus crafting slot
    3. buy 2x mithril + 2x blue tools so you have a chance to unlock Tier 3 result crafting slot.

After some time - probably month, or two your chars will hit 30 from just praying. In worst case you can spend 1 hour leveling one of them per day.
    That gives you 6 crafting slots per char without hitting level 60 and advancing proffesion to level 20 (or 3 of them to 20)

x10 chars its 60crafting slots.
  • Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2013
    Why thank you for commenting! Hopefully your avatar is not a reflection on future Neverwinter content, as I cannot handle moar pandas 0.o

Haha, I wish. I grabbed this from another PWE game (Perfect World International?) that had a Chinese New Year panda mount for a limited time. Hes like the grumpy cat of pandas.

Also, the tasks not telling how many times you can run it simultaneously drives me nuts, I want to crush that if I can squeeze in some UI time for it.
  • Options
    darkwingz88darkwingz88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Haha, I wish. I grabbed this from another PWE game (Perfect World International?) that had a Chinese New Year panda mount for a limited time. Hes like the grumpy cat of pandas.

Also, the tasks not telling how many times you can run it simultaneously drives me nuts, I want to crush that if I can squeeze in some UI time for it.

"Repeat Task" button - pretty please :) Its kinda tedious to select same tasks each time you pick them up.
  • Options
    yaaruyaaru Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nice to see other people catching on :) I've been doing this and it's a nice way to earn some extra AD!
  • Options
    asakochanasakochan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wonderful, Asakochan! Thank you for testing this out with me! Yes, it can be slow going at first!! Hopefully you can get lucky with a Coalescent Ward from your 1st turn in of celestial coins! The 120-160k would be a nice infusion to your early snowball. I too have "Power Leveled" (i.e. marathon gaming via solo questing) an extra character to level 30 for the extra profession slot, and felt a bit burned out :) I woke up the next morning ready to do another, so hopefully we share that drive!
    To address your concerns:

"After i bought the char slots i went broke; i had left only 14k so i can tell you i was feeling awful ROFL!"
    Yes, it can be disheartening when at a bottom of this rollercoaster ride. It happens to all of us, and WILL happen to each who attempt this system. The good news is, save, continue to work professions, and your supply will restock!! In the meantime, if you are playing on Beholder, hit me up in game. I will be happy to discuss more details with you, and possibly toss some AD your way to help get your snowball going faster!

" i have 4 slots to use on my main on professions but i can run Protect Caravan only on 3 of them even if i have 4 workers. Is this task limited or i miss something"

Yes, this was something that I failed to mention in my OP. I had no idea that this would be news to anyone, and did not expect the response that it has gotten so far! That being said, I will probably go back and update it to reflect the maximum number of any single-named mission being 3. If you have a fourth mission slot to use, I recommend upgrading/purchasing a Guard/Man-At-Arms to accomplish some of the higher level missions. A 6 hour "Battle the Undead" is really not such a bad return, especially if you are going to set it overnight (while you sleep), as protect will be done in 2 hours and be wasted for the remainder. NOTE: If you can obtain an Adventurer or two, it can actually be WORTH it to do "Battle the Undead" and "Collect Taxes" due to the extra 25% speed. In short... find something that you do with it :) An idle slot wont get you anywhere! Ha

Thanks for commenting!

thanks for headup's! I wish i would be on beholder right now ahahaha...but i'm on dragon :D Joking ofc!

About the tasks on the workers, indeed i was running some 6h "recommended" missions that gave me some nice extra AD on the 4th slot. Figure, i would have not let the slot idle lol! ;)

Can't wait to see how fast i replenish the AD's resourses to buy 2 more slots. I will keep ya up to date in this.
    Thanks again.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    asakochan wrote: »
    thanks for headup's! I wish i would be on beholder right now ahahaha...but i'm on dragon :D Joking ofc!

About the tasks on the workers, indeed i was running some 6h "recommended" missions that gave me some nice extra AD on the 4th slot. Figure, i would have not let the slot idle lol! ;)

Can't wait to see how fast i replenish the AD's resourses to buy 2 more slots. I will keep ya up to date in this.
    Thanks again.

My pleasure, and thanks for staying with the thread! Let me know how you progress!
  • Options
    mrtastixmrtastix Member Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    Great guide. Nice passive way of making some monies and Astral Diamonds.

Might not be the most interesting but it sure isn't hard. Takes about the same amount of time for me as arbitrage did on World of Warcraft, just requires a little more observation, that's all.
  • Options
    avalyssiaavalyssia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is actually a really good idea and am glad you have shared this with us. It doesn't seem that hard to keep track of and considering that I play The Hobbit KoM on my phone when I'm eg. waiting in queue for dungeons, waiting for the jug to boil, waiting in the car park for my kids to finish school/karate, lying in bed when I can't get to sleep etc etc... it just doesn't seem as inconvenient as some people seem to think it is and I'd gladly give up KoM to do professions as it was something I took up just to pass the 'waiting' times anyway. I've even got 2 abandoned 30's that can kick start me on my quest.

I tried the whole AH thing and selling off the greens I picked up, but suddenly the drop rate on ID scrolls got lower and I found the AH more of a hassle to deal with, or maybe I'm doing it wrong? It is definitely a lot easier to sink $10 in and get the same amount of rewards and I too have paid for zen and used it to purchase dyes, companions, mounts... but it makes me wonder now if that's why I got bored after hitting 60... I haven't used any of my zen to turn into AD because I didn't know how too until yesterday, ahem.

The OP (herbtrader) has a refreshingly positive attitude though I have to admit I thought this was a scam advertisement after the first paragraph lol, and after reading more through the thread it doesn't seem as tedious at what some seem to think it is.
    glannigan wrote: »
    Woah..wait just a minute....Hold up.

What am I supposed to complain about now?

This made me giggle more than it should've :)
  • Options
    khatzhaskhatzhas Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Step 6. Obtain enough AD via questing and professions to make your first ZEN PURCHASE!! You will be buying 2 ADDITIONAL CHARACTER SLOTS for 500 zen (387 AD per Zen at present time x 500 = 193,500 AD. ) This can be done in the Zen/AD exchange, which is accessible via one of the buttons at the top of your game screen (really, you should know this by now). This took me 3 days of playing the game and using gateway to keep professions active. Repeat Steps 1-4 with characters 3 & 4.
    How did you manage this bit?
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    . . . . . This thread has been cleansed. I apologize for it being unavailable for so long until there was time to clean it. Let's stay on topic. This thread is not a place to discuss exploits, is not a place to discuss what is an exploit and what is not, and is not a place to discuss real life issues (such as one's job or income). Also, please remember everyone:
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . . To call someone a Troll is Trolling in Itself; no matter if it is true or not. Do not reply to trolls, do not quote trolls. It is against the Rules to reply to those posts that are in Violation of the Rules and it most certainly is not okay to break the rules just because someone else has. Instead, report trolls and violations to us using the Report Post feature, it looks like a small gray triangle on the bottom left of every post.

. . . . . Detailing of Exploits on the Forums is not okay; It may seem like a good idea to post a report on an Exploit for the Developers and in the case of Game Bugs, it is! Just not with Exploits, for by doing so you're also informing the rest of the public how to perform said exploit -- which is considered just as bad as exploiting yourself. Naming & Shaming is likewise not allowed.

Contact Support (link up top this web site), file and In-Game Bug Report, Contact A GM (? mark on main menu bar, H by default), or email
    customerservice@perfectworld.com to report exploits or exploiters.

. . . . . Lastly, please read the Rules of Conduct that all users of these forums are bound to, per the EULA and ToS. There is far too much hostility on these forums and as you can see, we have been cracking down more and more as of late. If what one is about to say is at all rude or insulting, then do not post it. If one cannot find a civilized and constructive way to discuss opinions and topics free from hostility and insults, then do not post on these forums. It is as simple as that.