test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So you want to be rich in Neverwinter? Here's how I did it

Comments

• herbtrader20herbtrader20 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    uvirith1 wrote: »
    If I go to work for the time it takes to relogg and pray/craft on 5 characters I can buy a Boatload of Astral Diamonds with Zen. Oh, and its also not that boring...

Timed myself doing this same thing. In and out on 5 characters for pray + professions.
    Time: 4:48 seconds....

If it takes you longer, I am sorry. If you can make more in less time, congrats. I am not trying to make this game a job. I have one that pays too well, and I do not want nor play games as a means of income. I do, however, prefer to not HAVE to pay for things, and prefer to CHOOSE to pay for things. Therefore, I do NOT buy things INGAME with CASH unless stated for a reason previously. I COULD, but chose to log into a game, do professions, check AH, chat with buds, and make AD in the process.

Thanks for commenting!
    So says the wise old herbtrader.
  • herbtrader20herbtrader20 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cocksworth wrote: »
    So afk glory farming is dumb but leveling *50 character slots to an arbitrary level to spam crafting the whole day is brilliant game design? We are just pointing out that the in game rewards that give Rough AD are not up to date to the current economy where you can sell numerous items on the AH for much higher AD amounts.

*I'd go insane after 20

Im not quite to 20!! I just very well might
    edited May 2013
    I am currently bringing in between 62,400 AD - 124,800 AD per day by using the method described in my post entitled "So you want to be rich in neverwinter?" here in the forums. Since conception of the idea I have collected roughly 3 million AD, which has been spent on character slot unlocks, enchanted keys (guilty! lol) and the occasional splurge item (i.e. something pretty for a friend). With 13 character slots currently available and my daily AD intake increasing (Cannot WAIT until next 2x AD WEEKEND!!!) with each character, I am well on my way to Billionaire status in-game without EVER cheating, exploiting, or utilizing the game in any way other than LEGIT! I only share the idea and tolerate the occasional jerkface responses due to the sheer number of ILLEGAL/HORRIBLE/NO-GOOD/VERY BAD exploits /cheats out there that remain unfixed to THIS MINUTE, and I would prefer to have others be self sufficient with in-game currencies without having to resort to paying out of pocket or cheating. THAT BEING SAID, I did pay for the 60$ founder pack prior to playing a single second of this game out of my sheer fanboyosity for all things D&D. Since playing Neverwinter, I have spent another 20-30$ of Zen purchases for OTHERS as a means of supporting the game, developers, and friends. Thanks for reading
  • uvirith1uvirith1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 124
    edited May 2013
    Timed myself doing this same thing. In and out on 5 characters for pray + professions.
    Time: 4:48 seconds....

If it takes you longer, I am sorry. If you can make more in less time, congrats. I am not trying to make this game a job. I have one that pays too well, and I do not want nor play games as a means of income. I do, however, prefer to not HAVE to pay for things, and prefer to CHOOSE to pay for things. Therefore, I do NOT buy things INGAME with CASH unless stated for a reason previously. I COULD, but chose to log into a game, do professions, check AH, chat with buds, and make AD in the process.

Thanks for commenting!
    Well, okay, everyone what he wants to. I rather pay with money than with my sparetime :)
  • asakochanasakochan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i must leave the country and travell for a couple of weeks soon, and i can't play from where i go cos i know PWE would put my account on ban if i'm logging in from another part of the world that is not my home (already happened once sigh!) ...otherwise i would give a try to your system, as i don't think i want to invest money on this game as well. I already spent too much on almost all PW games...this time i want to stay with my hands calm outside my pocket. :)
    And i'm not a good ingame cash farmer, never been, so Thanks for sharing your system.
  • darkwingz88darkwingz88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its actually easier to make money with another method. But it does depend on ammount of AD players have so it might be less efficient with time.

I actually admire you (probably will do very similiar thing but im only going with max of 10 alts) because you and people like you will have substantial effect on economics as "miners" - you are bringing more AD into game that have pretty limited options to do it, and quite a few sinks to drain total number of it from game world.
  • knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is there any way to invoke or refine your RAD through gateway?

If not it's kind of pointless for managing so many characters IMO as you'll have to log into each of them anyway. =/
  • uvirith1uvirith1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 124
    edited May 2013
    Its actually easier to make money with another method. But it does depend on ammount of AD players have so it might be less efficient with time.
    Bluepurplestealing? Gloryfarming? :)
  • asakochanasakochan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    knoteskad wrote: »

If not it's kind of pointless for managing so many characters IMO as you'll have to log into each of them anyway. =/

you think takes long to login once a day for refine? :D
    darn...you want cookies being soaked in milk too and pushed into your mouth? why bothering soaking them by yourself, even if the cookies are free lol
  • darkwingz88darkwingz88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    uvirith1 wrote: »
    Bluepurplestealing? Gloryfarming? :)

Something more basic - non exploit.
  • lorddevilkunlorddevilkun Member Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    knoteskad wrote: »

You can do professions throughout the day though, you only have to invoke once a day... and when you consider- a, in a year you'll be able to sell an Angel for massive dough. b, every week you might get a blue ward. c, you're also getting thousands of AD a day- I think logging into every character once a day is worth the bit of extra effort...

Getting that many characters to level 11 though... that'll take a few days.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Getting that many characters to level 11 though... that'll take a few days.

About two hours per character, and it can probably be optimized.

I think a bigger issue is to get so many blue adventurers to significantly lower the time it takes to get some of the more lucrative tasks done. I bought 30 or so when the prices temporarily hit the bottom. Prices for each have been tripled since.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    asakochan wrote: »
    you think takes long to login once a day for refine? :D
    darn...you want cookies being soaked in milk too and pushed into your mouth? why bothering soaking them by yourself, even if the cookies are free lol

I was talking more about invoking 3x a day on each char.

And was talking about the extremes of like 10+ chars. Especially since you have to re-login each time.
  • kashimaa1kashimaa1 Member Posts: 104
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the input. Yes, I agree with this. BE FRUGAL! DO NOT USE GOOD ENCHANTS WHILE LEVELING! White colored ones, ok. Green, Blue, Purp, save or bank 'em. The AD cost to remove an enchantment is dumb... flat, out dumb :)

just override them? nobody removes them.
  • iloveitwhenyoucallmebigpapailoveitwhenyoucallmebigpapa Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    arcbladez wrote: »
    Sounds extremely boring. I think I'd much rather play the AH and make even more AD that way instead. Except I find playing the AH boring too and I'd rather be "normal" and have fun playing the game than being rich but bored out of my mind. When you have to treat a video game like a job just to become rich, that's where I draw the line!

Here's a better idea, why don't I spend that time doing overtime at my real life job, then buy $40+ worth of Zen instead?

Cause some of us work, but don't like the idea of investing had earned dollars into a BETA.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Cause some of us work, but don't like the idea of investing had earned dollars into a BETA.

Time, and quality of time spent, is more valuable than money. I realize this more and more with each passing year. I would never invest time into a game that I wouldn't also pay money for. Money can be made back, time can't be restored.

/philosphy
  • viechyviechy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can do professions throughout the day though, you only have to invoke once a day...

Perhaps it is a bug in the gateway-system.
    Each time I send for RAD with different characters via gateway I DON'T GET ANY RAD when I log in.
    Have done it many days. 2hrs, 400 AD, 1 character. Often made 2-3 turns so this character should have 800-1200 RAD to change. But when I log into game there is nothing. 0 RAD to change.
    It is annoying.
  • rakkanothrakkanoth Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Um, the task "Collect the taxes" requires a green map?
    Also it's 800 AD per 8/hrs, have a hard time following how to make 500k AD this way, even with dozens of char slots.
    Not saying it's impossible but I just don't see it ;)
  • shaudiusshaudius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rakkanoth wrote: »
    Also it's 800 AD per 8/hrs, have a hard time following how to make 500k AD this way, even with dozens of char slots.

It's 800 AD per 8/hrs per slot, you can have 3 slots of protect caravan running. The quest that requires the map isn't worth doing as the maps are not cheap enough. The level 20 non-rare is the most efficient astral diamonds.

If you have 6 Heroes on each character and can log in 24 hours a day you will make 3*200*24, 14400 AD per character, there's a few more that are less efficient. So lets say its more like 20k, at 50 characters that's a million a day, but requires you to gateway 50 characters 24 times a day, which takes about 5 mins per 10 characters according to the OP. It also requires an initial investment of at current AH prices of 150 million AD to get the heroes to make it that efficient until L20 for each character. Once the alts get to L20 crafting its a lot easier but it will take a long time to get that high.

But lets take what the OP is doing, which isn't as efficient as above and consider it. He's logging in with 10 characters, which he says takes him 5 minutes every 2 hours. Assume you do this every time you can when you're not sleeping and get 6 hours of sleep a night. That's 25 minutes to do 50 alts at current pace, every 2 hours, that's 5 hours a day of profession farming. To make 200*3*12*50 = 360k AD a day, or a rate of 72k AD an hour of work. It works out to about 10 million AD a month, and 150 hours of time a month at current conversion rate 10 million AD is something like $260 in Zen(if you can find it that low in a month if lots of people do this farming. So you're talking about a rate of about $1.75 an hour if you have 5 hours a day, don't miss a single time during the 18 hour day and invest in 50 character slots which costs you about 10 million zen at current rates. And that doesn't even consider the fact that before you're at 50 alts you're sinking time into leveling them to 10, and not getting nearly 360k a day doing it while you're under 50 slots. Once you get this setup you're making some money, but be prepared for a 3 month grind of pretty much zero profits if you want to set it up to make a lot. Seems like an awful lot of work for what amounts to about $50 a month in AD and takes a ton of time to set up for something that is arguably an exploit.

The number of people doing this is going to be exceedingly small, I'm not concerned about it. Now what people can probably do is manage like 6 alts, have them all running farming, and have them all praying.
    Neverwinter Foundry Fansite with IRC Chatroom - http://www.tavernugc.com. Chatroom also available through IRC on irc.geekshed.net, #tavernugc.
    Neverwinter Official Wiki - http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/
  • l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    My time is worth more than doing this tedious project.
  • macerukmaceruk Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Boring, I would rather just play the game :rolleyes:
  • armenuaarmenua Member Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I know you have already chastised those of us who don't know how to do this, but I have checked out the Zen store several times, but have never discovered how I can sell AD for Zen. Can you point me to the right place? Thanks.
  • clannamuirclannamuir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 217 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    armenua wrote: »
    I know you have already chastised those of us who don't know how to do this, but I have checked out the Zen store several times, but have never discovered how I can sell AD for Zen. Can you point me to the right place? Thanks.

Click on (I think) the middle tab in the row of tabs at the top of the zen store panel. Someone had to tell me as well. I expected it to be part of the AH
  • calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rakkanoth wrote: »

Also notice how he said he had collected over 2 million AD in 2 weeks. So many things in that post just don't add up.
  • mushigushimushigushi Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This sucks as AD making guide? Maybe you prefer playing the AH like most other people, and that is fine too. I'm sure there are tons of posts out there on this. The steps in this guide led me to around 500k AD this weekend, with minimal effort thanks to gateway. I am currently sitting at 11/11 characters, each above level 11, with enough ZEN to buy 2 more characters today. I will level them to 10 each tonight (via traditional solo questing NOT foundry), and have them ready for overnight missions. Thanks for your comment though.

It is a good way to make some extra diamonds, but 500k this weekend? Sorry, not sure I believe you. #1 gateway wasn't awarding extra diamonds - at least for me. I had to collect in game to get the double bonus.(and still do since the event seems to be ongoing) #2 I also have alts I played to 11 and have been doing leadership on since then and they are not lvl 15 yet because a character that low only has 2 slots to work with. Maybe I could have made 15 on the ones I made on day one had I done it every 2 hours even at night...but that's not realistic. The ones that were made in later days are not even near 15. I have only 5 not 11 but still, that's a pretty big difference. at 200 per hour with the double bonus x10 for 10 toons that's 2000 per hour... do it 24/7 with missing a beat and it nets you 48k per day.

To add something constructive to the thread, I would point out that additional accounts are free...before buying slots make 2-3 accounts - by the time you have those slots full you will be making enough money to more easily afford extra slots on those accounts.
  • vyssalarevyssalare Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mushigushi wrote: »
    at 200 per hour with the double bonus x10 for 10 toons that's 2000 per hour... do it 24/7 with missing a beat and it nets you 48k per day.
    You know you can run more than 1 mission per character right? If he's lvl 10 leadership that's 3 guys making 200x2x3(1200) per 2 hrs(no mods) Or 600/hr per character. 600x24 = 14400 x 10 = 144,000 x 3 (event was long) = 432,000 or around $12. It's only worth doing when you have nothing else to do.
  • nemonusnemonus Member Posts: 102
    edited May 2013
    This is pretty silly. If this is what you have to do to earn a decent amount of AD, they might as well have never even added the conversion system in the first place! What's the point?!
  • armenuaarmenua Member Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    clannamuir wrote: »
    Click on (I think) the middle tab in the row of tabs at the top of the zen store panel. Someone had to tell me as well. I expected it to be part of the AH
    Thank you. I have never seen this before... and I wonder how I missed it!! thanks again.
  • jegerwulfjegerwulf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    Until they fix the gateway bug, I will be collecting AD through the game, not the gateway.

What is the fastest way to move between characters? Is there a direct way like the "/camp newtoon" command EQ2 has?
    edited May 2013
    Ran a new character to level 11 to see how long it takes:

ceddpYK.png

Would have been at least five minutes faster if I had not tried to find names for the dire wolf and the panther, AND remembered to start leadership missions at level 10. :p