Install Arc
Options

So you want to be rich in Neverwinter? Here's how I did it

Comments

• Options
    lollielollie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shoemule1 wrote: »
    I am probably missing something really simple, but I have never figured out where to get the swords that some of the leadership tasks require. Anyone mind shedding some light on that?

Cash shop (profession packs), Nightmare Chests if a Leadership Pack drops, or AH using AD.
  • Options
    munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shoemule1 wrote: »
    I am probably missing something really simple, but I have never figured out where to get the swords that some of the leadership tasks require. Anyone mind shedding some light on that?

If you go inside the the bulding next to the Auction House..theres a bunch of vendors in there. Its where you buy potions, injury kits, as well as behind the potion vendor is the dude you seek. Easy to find, just click on'em all, they sell the crafting materials
  • Options
    lollielollie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    munkey81 wrote: »
    If you go inside the the bulding next to the Auction House..theres a bunch of vendors in there. Its where you buy potions, injury kits, as well as behind the potion vendor is the dude you seek. Easy to find, just click on'em all, they sell the crafting materials

Yeah that's only the crappy white ones though, you'll never get a tier 3 result (slots) with them.
  • Options
    jnaathrajnaathra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Steady income - yes
    Rich - not even remotely
    Scout Tragold - "I haven't lived this long by being brave... it's just another word for stupid."
  • Options
    startedloststartedlost Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Explain what this required, and how the average single player can get this. You cannot. This was likely done with 5 grown men, racing to end-game and exploiting the current GF bug to obtain nonsense... When my method gets me to that point, I will likely quit. Troll on

It was actually done using a known bug, by one person. I like your method a lot more Herbtrader20. I think your method allows those of us who don't want to race through the game or use exploits/bugs to actually in the long run end up with some AD to purchase a few things. All these other people are probably just trolling because they want easier/faster gratification. I like your post and method, and think in general it is much more fun to engage the profession system for making some AD then speed to cap and exploit issues currently ruining the in-game economy.
  • Options
    herbtrader20herbtrader20 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It was actually done using a known bug, by one person. I like your method a lot more Herbtrader20. I think your method allows those of us who don't want to race through the game or use exploits/bugs to actually in the long run end up with some AD to purchase a few things. All these other people are probably just trolling because they want easier/faster gratification. I like your post and method, and think in general it is much more fun to engage the profession system for making some AD then speed to cap and exploit issues currently ruining the in-game economy.

I tend to agree with you, Startedlost :) Thank you for reading, and for showing your support!
    So says the wise old herbtrader.
  • Options
    dugansonduganson Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    Simple and smart, thanks Herby!!
  • Options
    apokalupsis2012apokalupsis2012 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    with minimal effort thanks to gateway.
    What is "gateway"?
  • Options
    munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This dude was foolish to post a screenshot of all this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> he exploited. Its like robbing a bank, keeping all the money at your house, and telling all your friends you did it.

I cant imagine this dude is going to have this account for very long, this picture is spreading like wild fire
  • Options
    robman1978robman1978 Member Posts: 125 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    munkey81 wrote: »
    This dude was foolish to post a screenshot of all this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> he exploited. Its like robbing a bank, keeping all the money at your house, and telling all your friends you did it.

I cant imagine this dude is going to have this account for very long, this picture is spreading like wild fire

He already sold off most of the AD. Some of the other screenshots of his floating around here only show him with 500 or 300K AD.

He already profited and Cryptic let him get away with it. Now lots of other GF's are doing the same thing. There are plenty of zone requests for GF groups as well, and lots of GF's are looking for the items required to reproduce this exploit.
  • Options
    kalizaarkalizaar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What is "gateway"?

http://gateway.playneverwinter.com/

It lets you do crafting from a web browser wherever you are.
  • Options
    herbtrader20herbtrader20 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    duganson wrote: »
    Simple and smart, thanks Herby!!

My pleasure! Thank you!
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Step 7. Transfer all AD to the same character or simply store it all in the exchange itself for an easy withdraw from any character. (This can be done by making a Zen listing such as "Buy 1000 Zen @ 50 AD EA.". As nobody will sell ZEN so cheaply, you do not need to worry about your listing being filled. Cancel your listing, and the amount of AD that was used in the posting is returned to the EXCHANGE instead of to your character. This allows you to pool all AD quite easily.

This only seems to work if you have no AD in your Exchange balance. For example, if you have 5 million AD in the shared account and 300k AD on a character, if you post a listing for 300k, it will take them from the shared account. There will then still be 300k on the character and 4.7M in the Exchange balance. The workaround is probably to take out all the AD from the balance, post/cancel the AD from another character, take out the AD with the main character, and rinse and repeat. Bit tedious, but probably works.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    dtrain69dtrain69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You forgot to mention that if you Collect the reward for "protect Caravan" through gateway you don't actually get any RAD's.

Pretty biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig bug.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?201261-Warning-Gateway-does-Not-give-astral-diamonds-on-profession-collect!!
  • Options
    therealdestiantherealdestian Member Posts: 92
    edited May 2013
    I was doing this exact thing without the guide but I eventually got bored and decided it wasn't worth it.
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I was doing this exact thing without the guide but I eventually got bored and decided it wasn't worth it.

Probably depends on how dedicated you are to it. When Leadership is high enough, you get 1600 AD for one click twice a day. Then again, just dropping $20 gives you 720,000 AD right now, which is a lot less hassle. :p If you break down the time/effort needed to make, say, $10 in Zen, it's a really bad rate per hour.
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nice guide for .. wasting time relogging and **** .
  • Options
    notroarwafflenotroarwaffle Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe I'm just crazy, but I'd much rather just play the game and sell off items I don't need instead of encouraging quasi-exploitation and mass amounts of inflation.

Although, looking on it now, I see that it rewards Rough AD instead of just AD like I was thinking. That's fine. Still kinda boring though.

I'm wondering, how does one make over 24k AD/day doing this if the RAD refining maximum is 24k/day?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    cocksworth wrote: »
    You gotta be high or stupid to pay $20 for 720k AD right now selling 10 glory gloves gives you 300-350k and you can do that twice for an hour during the pvp events. So for 2 and half hours of work or so a day you can make 300k AD. And if you set up an afk pvp bot that's a whole different kettle of fish.

Gloves cost 3150 glory, or 31500 for ten. Let's round up your time estimate and say you PvP for 3 hours. Even during the event, you are not making over 10k glory an hour. If you dominated every match, you would AT LEAST need 12 minutes per match, so that is 5 matches per hour under perfect, ideal conditions, or 2k glory per game. It probably requires twice that time, especially if we assume that those ideal conditions are not met and you are looking at 4 matches per hour, sometimes fewer.

But just for theory's sake, 100k AD an hour is about $2,70 in Zen (and it's 270 Zen, you can't cash those out, unless you find a way to break the rules and sell them somewhere, in which case you probably get a lot less than $2,70). Not sure what your professional background is, but this is substantially below the rate at which I would ever do something I don't enjoy or that is a bot-like activity. Even flipping burgers would make four times more and you get free food!

So, if for some reason I wanted AD (I don't, I bought 15M when the rate was 500:1), I would easily put down the cash for them. Just like I would order a pizza when I feel like one instead if baking my own, even if that would save money. But then again, this is why this AD/Zen system works. It is all about people doing the work and putting in the time (very cheaply) and others paying them for it. Seeing that the AD:Zen rate is consistently dropping, the AD demand is higher than the supply, in spite of these methods and in spite of the exploits.

As for botting, yes, I agree. But I imagine PWE has some measures in place to keep tabs on this as it directly affects them financially. They have been using the same system in their other games.
  • Options
    cocksworthcocksworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    Gloves cost 3150 glory, or 31500 for ten. Let's round up your time estimate and say you PvP for 3 hours. Even during the event, you are not making over 10k glory an hour. If you dominated every match, you would AT LEAST need 12 minutes per match, so that is 5 matches per hour under perfect, ideal conditions, or 2k glory per game. It probably requires twice that time, especially if we assume that those ideal conditions are not met and you are looking at 4 matches per hour, sometimes fewer.

But just for theory's sake, 100k AD an hour is about $2,70 in Zen (and it's 270 Zen, you can't cash those out, unless you find a way to break the rules and sell them somewhere, in which case you probably get a lot less than $2,70). Not sure what your professional background is, but this is substantially below the rate at which I would ever do something I don't enjoy or that is a bot-like activity. Even flipping burgers would make four times more and you get free food!

So, if for some reason I wanted AD (I don't, I bought 15M when the rate was 500:1), I would easily put down the cash for them. Just like I would order a pizza when I feel like one instead if baking my own, even if that would save money. But then again, this is why this AD/Zen system works. It is all about people doing the work and putting in the time (very cheaply) and others paying them for it. Seeing that the AD:Zen rate is consistently dropping, the AD demand is higher than the supply, in spite of these methods and in spite of the exploits.

As for botting, yes, I agree. But I imagine PWE has some measures in place to keep tabs on this as it directly affects them financially. They have been using the same system in their other games.

Not sure if it's just another bug but once I put in +glory enchants into a few slot during pvp events I was getting well over 2k for wins and at least one 3k glory round when I was counting per match. And of course matches run long probably an additionally 30-40 mins at the end of the event. Anyway with afk'ing still rampant (not sure what they fixed exactly) people are obviously farming glory this way.

As an aside I've bough several sub 20k pieces and bought PvP pieces from people for as little as 18k and turned a profit. To digress even further you can sell dungeon delve T2 rewards for 200k+ a pop. So my point was with how easy it is to make AD in the game at the moment the zen store prices are way outdated.

As far work goes, I play games to play games if Cryptic wants to turn NWO into a second job for their customers that's their business. I don't look at money spent in a virtual world as the same as money spent in our world. I hope more people make the distinction instead of throwing cash away on the game in it's current state.
  • Options
    uvirith1uvirith1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 124
    edited May 2013
    If I go to work for the time it takes to relogg and pray/craft on 5 characters I can buy a Boatload of Astral Diamonds with Zen. Oh, and its also not that boring...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I don't look at money spent in a virtual world as the same as money spent in our world.

For me, it's all about time and "experience". A virtual item can give me as much pleasure and enjoyment as a physical item. That is what I pay for. A fancy outfit (I haven't bought any, but I can see myself doing it) for a character that I enjoy looking at, contributes to my "quality of life" as much as the 5th ukulele that I didn't need at all, but that I wanted. The latter has a resale value, so maybe that is a bad example. An e-book or a Steam game are better examples. Those offer limited entertainment and can't be resold.

So basically, when I'm about to spend money on anything that is non-essential, I ask myself, "Is this going to entertain you and make you feel happier?". If the answer is yes, then I go ahead and buy it. (Within reason. I don't buy single-character companions and I don't buy an Alienware if a MSI laptop with the same specs costs less.) I would rather spend $10 on ADs than to spend two or three hours doing PvP in this game, because I would probably not enjoy that time. If I did enjoy it, I wouldn't mind the low return per hour, obviously, because I'd be playing and having fun. Like I said, this is why the system works.

I didn't consider the +% glory enchants. Interesting idea, actually!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    This only seems to work if you have no AD in your Exchange balance. For example, if you have 5 million AD in the shared account and 300k AD on a character, if you post a listing for 300k, it will take them from the shared account. There will then still be 300k on the character and 4.7M in the Exchange balance. The workaround is probably to take out all the AD from the balance, post/cancel the AD from another character, take out the AD with the main character, and rinse and repeat. Bit tedious, but probably works.

This is true, and I plan to elaborate on all of the details of my system at a later time. I work with the Zen transfer system by posting something like
    "Buy 100 Zen @ 50 AD Each = 5000 AD" (5000 AD goes from you to your listing and will NEVER be filled at 50 AD per Zen)
    "Switch to next character"
    "Clear Professions, + do Invoke"
    "Open Zen Exchange and Cancel Previous Listing!" (This empties 5k into your ACCOUNT, not to your character).
    "Do math in head, 5k AD in ACCOUNT, 5k AD in character #2 = 10k AD. "
    "Create new Zen Listing for 200 Zen @ 50 Each = 10k Zen." (5k from ACCOUNT + 5k from character goes into listing)
    "Repeat until done with all characters (currently sitting with 15).

If you have difficulty doing the math, use calculator, or only transfer alt characters zen when it reaches easy to calculate intervals (i.e. 1k, 5k, 10k).

Thanks for posting!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    dtrain69 wrote: »
    You forgot to mention that if you Collect the reward for "protect Caravan" through gateway you don't actually get any RAD's.

Pretty biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig bug.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?201261-Warning-Gateway-does-Not-give-astral-diamonds-on-profession-collect!!

Have noticed this bug, but only with certain characters, NOT with all characters, and not at all times. It does not bother me too much at the moment. Will comment more on it down the line.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Probably depends on how dedicated you are to it. When Leadership is high enough, you get 1600 AD for one click twice a day. Then again, just dropping $20 gives you 720,000 AD right now, which is a lot less hassle. :p If you break down the time/effort needed to make, say, $10 in Zen, it's a really bad rate per hour.

I will admit, it can be tiresome at times! But it helps with gateways, and really only doing it when you have the time. Don't make it a chore and it won't be! That's how I live my life.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Yep and I was only using level 3 runes and getting what looked 3k for wins when I did a good amount of dmg. The runes apply to the bonus you get during the round too. I imagine with level 7 runes you can possibly hit 5k glory in a round during events.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You gotta be high or stupid to pay $20 for 720k AD right now selling 10 glory gloves gives you 300-350k and you can do that twice for an hour during the pvp events. So for 2 and half hours of work or so a day you can make 300k AD. And if you set up an afk pvp bot that's a whole different kettle of fish.
    ganjaman1 wrote: »
    nice guide for .. wasting time relogging and **** .

Thank you both for chiming in!
    No thanks to PVP, which is broken and dumb. No thanks to AFK PVP glory hogging, as that is beyond dumb.

Relogging is not an issue on gateway. And in-game relogging is quite possible the FASTEST I have encountered on any game. Mere seconds from user/pass input to quick char select and 2-5 sec load. If you experience something other, upgrade your hardware or get a better connection. Don't blame the world
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Maybe I'm just crazy, but I'd much rather just play the game and sell off items I don't need instead of encouraging quasi-exploitation and mass amounts of inflation.

Although, looking on it now, I see that it rewards Rough AD instead of just AD like I was thinking. That's fine. Still kinda boring though.

I'm wondering, how does one make over 24k AD/day doing this if the RAD refining maximum is 24k/day?

24k/d per character. 50 possible characters per account...
  • Options
    uvirith1uvirith1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 124
    edited May 2013
    For me, it's all about time and "experience". A virtual item can give me as much pleasure and enjoyment as a physical item. That is what I pay for. A fancy outfit (I haven't bought any, but I can see myself doing it) for a character that I enjoy looking at, contributes to my "quality of life" as much as the 5th ukulele that I didn't need at all, but that I wanted. The latter has a resale value, so maybe that is a bad example. An e-book or a Steam game are better examples. Those offer limited entertainment and can't be resold.

So basically, when I'm about to spend money on anything that is non-essential, I ask myself, "Is this going to entertain you and make you feel happier?". If the answer is yes, then I go ahead and buy it. (Within reason. I don't buy single-character companions and I don't buy an Alienware if a MSI laptop with the same specs costs less.) I would rather spend $10 on ADs than to spend two or three hours doing PvP in this game, because I would probably not enjoy that time. If I did enjoy it, I wouldn't mind the low return per hour, obviously, because I'd be playing and having fun. Like I said, this is why the system works.

That is sooooo true, I have to qft it.
    You, sir, won todays interwebz!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Thank you both for chiming in!
    No thanks to PVP, which is broken and dumb. No thanks to AFK PVP glory hogging, as that is beyond dumb.

So afk glory farming is dumb but leveling *50 character slots to an arbitrary level to spam crafting the whole day is brilliant game design? We are just pointing out that the in game rewards that give Rough AD are not up to date to the current economy where you can sell numerous items on the AH for much higher AD amounts.

*I'd go insane after 20