What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So you want to be rich in Neverwinter? Here's how I did it

12345679»

Comments

• roastedgoatroastedgoat Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    tcarnce wrote: »
    o yes and it needs 2 hero`s to unlock the extra slot.

That's the absolute worst and most expensive way to unlock the 100% speed bonus slot. At level 1, you can do a task for either Leath/Mail/Plate/Tailor that all have 4 asset slots. Find the profession that has the cheapest blue people assest (25% speed increase), and buy 4 of them. These 4 combined will be about 100k AD (or more) less than buying a single Hero, plus you don't have to buy a 2nd Hero at all then. Do the level 1 mass crafting task with the 4 blue assets on 1 character, pass them to your other characters to use to open up the slot, as well. Then re-sell the 4 blue assets you used back on the AH. If you are lucky, you could even turn a small profit on them.
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Neverwinter Forum Rules of Conduct ~Moderation Team
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    Leadership is really slow compared to the other professions. I don't have an estimate for you, sorry. But I will say that I log in and run leadership missions every day, and my characters still haven't reached 20. I've got several that are 18 or 19 though.

18 or 19 already without spending any AD is impressive. I have been logging in 3 times most days for leadership tasks and I only just hit 16 on my main. Quite a few of my alts are still on 7 or so. The need to get 16 Mercenaries -> 4 Guards -> 1 Footman eats up a lot of time that could have been spent on better leadership XP tasks.

That having been said I just started my first non-Leadership profession and it seems much faster if more labour intensive, as the tasks are similar CP but much shorter duration usually, so I have to keep my Gateway browser open while playing any alt. Not really sure if it is worth it though as pants/shirts are much cheaper than they were.

EDIT: Also you need a huge amount of extra space to store stuff, seeing a lot of the better XP tasks are upgrading previously made items.
  • fothreecusfothreecus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thanks herbtrader20. I find this quite intriguing and clever. Though I doubt I'll ever go past 10 toons, this will help supplement my main characters, with minimal effort :)
  • kshoksho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 85
    edited July 2013
    Is this not the best condition for developing a botting=cancer which has highly negative influence for economy in every MMO??
  • fothreecusfothreecus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ksho wrote: »
    Is this not the best condition for developing a botting=cancer which has highly negative influence for economy in every MMO??

So is logging in and doing PVP, which is probably a lot less complicated.
  • tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    That's the absolute worst and most expensive way to unlock the 100% speed bonus slot. At level 1, you can do a task for either Leath/Mail/Plate/Tailor that all have 4 asset slots. Find the profession that has the cheapest blue people assest (25% speed increase), and buy 4 of them. These 4 combined will be about 100k AD (or more) less than buying a single Hero, plus you don't have to buy a 2nd Hero at all then. Do the level 1 mass crafting task with the 4 blue assets on 1 character, pass them to your other characters to use to open up the slot, as well. Then re-sell the 4 blue assets you used back on the AH. If you are lucky, you could even turn a small profit on them.

o yes, didn`t look at other professions, but i don`t mind, using them a lot. not only for unlocking, and i realy don`t care about a million less ;p
    or well, i made them from 4 adventurers, so only 280k less at that time.

i don`t know what `s best for the ones asking advice on leveling leadership, i like to level chars just to 30 for 5th slot, and not all by actualy playing, but crafting the xp also.
    hate leveling, especialy with pvp packed full of bots, saw dual boxing for the first time today, pvp is going no where in this game , and starting to see it`s realy not build for pvp ;p yes i know i`m late with that.
    i won`t say more about that, don`t want to make dev`s feel bad.
    so, xp to 30, and then i just do the training parts for prof xp, with 5 slots that`s about 1000 each 8 hours or something starting at lvl 13 leadership, then it takes about 21k xp to lvl 16, for spellplagued.
    but ok, not realy liking the chest rewards, no bagspace for that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> each time.
  • lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Thought you were just going to list off a bunch of exploits or botting experiences.

Instead we get the grind multi characters leadership deal which takes forever and it even more tedious then farming in WoW.

Thanks for the tip Tips
  • vdinh037vdinh037 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Here's a pro tip for making AD.
    1.Get a guild / friends
    2.Create a grp for T2 dungeons
    3.Get lucky and sell Phat Lewtz.
    4.Don't bother with logging on and off with alts doing all useless, pointless time consuming <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>
    edited July 2013
    Thought you were just going to list off a bunch of exploits or botting experiences.

Instead we get the grind multi characters leadership deal which takes forever and it even more tedious then farming in WoW.

Thanks for the tip Tips

yes it`s horrible, to be fair and said it more often, this crafting AD never had been a good idea from the devs ;p
    because it`s getting hit by bots so hard.
    but every game with difference in gear is about grinding, which i think is a bit weird too, because to get the best stuf you need to sacrifce a lot of time.
    a mmo without gear difference is more then welcome, if any dev dares to publish such a risky thing.
    because mmo`s are build on grinding, to keep people playing it.
    rather then make a super awesome mmo which doesn`t need grinding, but like any other strategy game just all depends what you actualy do in that time period you`re playing.
    i mean, it just has to be so interesting, with lots of skill choices so it`s still fun to do all different things and combo`s.
    while bliz is mentioned anyway already, i hope they do it with titan that way.
    will save a lot of people spending so much time on farming. or repeating dungeons for gear.
    maybe only for looks of gear, but stats should be a thing of the past ;p
    ,at least it would be the perfect game for me.

vdinh037 wrote: »
    Here's a pro tip for making AD.
    1.Get a guild / friends
    2.Create a grp for T2 dungeons
    3.Get lucky and sell Phat Lewtz.
    4.Don't bother with logging on and off with alts doing all useless, pointless time consuming <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>

that`s depending on your luck and value of items will drop, unlike AD from leadership.
    unless pwe/cryptic is changing the value of other things too, like on protect caravan.
    then this company will lose my respect forever.

it takes now a little less then a minute a char, including loading and praying.
    someone else can be faster ofcourse with a better computer ;p
    so say , i spend 25 min of starting profs and logging.
    so it`s 25 min=50k AD
    can do this 4 times a day because it takes 6 hours to finnish them, without speedbonus.
    but, counting on it i wouldn`t do this because i need to sleep also ;p
    but ok, leaving the days out, just counting sessions.
    4 sessions is 200k Ad for example, 100 minutes, 1h40m.

let`s say you re doing 3 dungeon delves a day, i don`t know how many there are. but lets guess you need to sleep too, if there are 4 hahaha.
    and without exploits or shortcuts, because i`m not using those too on my crafting ;p

it`s a bit hard to calculate what will drop for you during dd,
    but ok, it could be played like that by a normal person.

it`s just too hard to put a price on it, what you`re getting, because it `s too much based on chance.
    so i can`t compare this stuf further, but do what you like.
    i can`t say it`s much fun starting the profs each time ;p

i could do dungeon delves also btw besides that crafting :) but not realy interested at the moment because of leveling chars.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Problem with running dungeons for Phat AD Lootz!!!! is that it frequently requires you to:

A) Have a class whose drops are valuable.

B) Be lucky.

C) Have a decent guild/set group as otherwise it takes too long.

D) Probably exploit.

whereas this is a fairly safe but steady method for those people who aren't into the wall-jumping, /killme, campfire-running, etc.....
    edited July 2013
    by the time they are ready to group and start play i`m half way done hehe.

after a while if they get to lvl 20, if i keep doing this, which i doubt a bit because of lack of passionat people working on this game.
    but on 20 it increases over 50% (destroy enemy camp), by 800 AD x 3 slots each char extra. each 6 hours. no need for items like maps. goes from 2k to 4.4k each char each 6 hours.
    in my case that would be 110k each 6 hours, instead of the now 50k.
    but ok, dev is going slow on this game, so guess it won`t be worth much to actualy do this when new games come along.