What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Launcher issues - Read the first post for solutions

Comments

• Options
    selfsimilarselfsimilar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    okay...i'm tired of the launch/load problems...
    i'll see how things are next week...
    ttfn
  • Options
    goofboy86goofboy86 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    im having trouble launching. Its gets to the "retrieving list of characters" and then it disconnects. I really want to play!
  • Options
    elvigdaelvigda Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Help! When it launches and goes into loading where it says Cryptic i loads to half a shut downs. Then it comes up with a error which says: Fatal Error decompressing data. Veryfing files in the launcher may fix this issue.:

Technical Details: Error decompressing data. Verifying files in the launcher may fix this issue.:
    Animation_Library/Coredefault/Scale/Core_Muscle_Scale.Atrk:
  • Options
    sircasanovaasircasanovaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm still having the "Oops Your Cryptic Application has crashed"
    I did close teamviewer with task mananger and i do not have Mumble so that can't be the problem for me.
  • Options
    flyyouf00lsflyyouf00ls Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How do I fix this problem. I can't get past this part and enabling cookies ect. does nothing.

sv6srm.jpg
  • Options
    wyrmspleenwyrmspleen Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    White screen, not working, tried the other exe and running as administrator. Nothing.
  • Options
    meowthemeowthe Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I get 'error 14: connection to the server was lost' after about 3 seconds of patching through the client. i left it on overnight and it made no progress.

ofc there's no way to manually patch the game so I haven't been able to play this game yet...

CZScDCy.jpg

32Shl99.jpg

basically these two screens ad infinitum. I've opened all my ports that are used and checked them. a-ok. I do live on campus at an aussie university though so I think they may be throttling those TYPES of packets and tahts the reason why it starts then loses connection while patching.

Is there any workaround to this or am I just screwed forever?
  • Options
    navineytirinavineytiri Member Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    my sister and i both play games and she managed to get her account set up right away and is playing i been trying for a week to log in im not getting the one time code in my Email i play Forsaken World and PWE for years i have never had a problem with getting anything in my Email from anywere my sister and i both use same computer i tried to download the game same as she did thinking it was something in the Download that sends the Code but still have not Got the Code in my Email.
  • Options
    cajadocajado Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Launcher won't open and doesnt show any error , i've tried to reinstall the game , run as admistrator but nothing Works
    The Cryptic Game Launcher is running in the background and just it
    i'm using Windows 8 x64 , please help !
  • Options
    zichuanchenzichuanchen Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I still cannot start the game. When I open the launcher, it keeps staying in the background, occupying 20% of my CPU, 8Mb of the memory, and doing nothing. Seriously, why does this happen?
  • Options
    umbravumbrav Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can't play again, same problem with my launcher "Trying to update the launcher. Please be patient. Tried connecting x time" and then it closes with a new window showing me the issue, any solution? is only me?
  • Options
    neorodentneorodent Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Launcher just stares at me after patching, unable to enter the game or anything. It just says ready. It is wrong. It is not ready. This game is not ready.
  • Options
    funnynickfunnynick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    very annoyed that there isnt a single thing saying that Crytic is working on this or has a solution. I have the same problem logging in...the launcher starts but I can't SEE it! come on guys give us something
  • Options
    nouser1nouser1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    guys Help me please. i can't play NW

after selecting my character was going to play when suddenly...

?di=2TK8

Please :(
  • Options
    dzipundzipun Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When i enter username and password i click login, launcher crash. Any suggestion ?
  • Options
    drq486drq486 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Loads very slowly, after loading cryptic i get not-responding on other loading window.. errorqzg.th.jpg
  • Options
    tweekiietweekiie Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi guys, i have a small problem whenever i try to go into an portal i keep getting disconnected so i can't enter dungeons or PVP, when i disconnect i come to the "login page" and where i should type my account name this comes up ''#1#60291555909918'' any clues on how to fix this problem? thanks in advance
  • Options
    rathskellerrrathskellerr Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The server seems to be down, anyone know for how long ??? couldn't find anything addressing this.

**editted** oh <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> just saw the topic posted below this one that states the downtime....never mind !!!
  • Options
    foxk1234foxk1234 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    STILL unable to play.... I still get "Error 36 a file was locked" error........
  • Options
    kirito2160kirito2160 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We're looking into it right now and will resolve it shortly.

Update 1: We know the cause and have a team working on it. Thank you for being patient.
    Update 2: Solution is being worked on. You'll be able to log in soon.
    Update 3: The issues are related to the web server that hosts the Launcher page. We're working on a redirect and it should be fixed soon.
    Update 4: We're going to QA (internally test) another update to the launcher. Hold tight - it's close! And remember, if you're a Founder stuck at login and already have a level 10+ character, check out Gateway! https://gateway.playneverwinter.com/
    Update 5: Launcher fix in place. Thank you for being so patient while we work to resolve the issue. Log into Neverwinter NOW!
    Update 6: For players who still cannot get in, we have a fix for you in a few minutes. Stay tuned.
    [Solution] Update 7:

Update 8: 403 errors - Looking into it!
    [Solution] Update 9: For players with 403 error, click on this link: https://my.perfectworld.com/nw/redeemkey. You don't need a key. Just go to the page to fix the 403 error.
    [Solution] Update 10: For "CrypticError: Oops! Oops! Your Cryptic application has crashed. To help us out, please indicate what was going on at the time of the crash, while we gather information." messages, close Teamviewer and Mumble if you have them opened.
    [Solution] Update 11: Error 36 message while trying to patch:
    [Solution] Update 12: "Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate" "Trying to update the launcher. Be patient. Tried connecting 1 time." Replace Neverwinter.exe listed in Solution Update 7.
    Update 13: We're going to take the servers down to address a few issues in around 15 minutes. Maintenance thread here.
    Update 14: Maintenance completed. We'll continue to monitor this thread.
    Update 15: The launcher is currently working correctly, but not displaying any information. Please login normally!
    I go into the game and i move around a little go in to a dungeon and then i fight then i freeze up and it says game client not responding how do i fix tht
  • Options
    wio899wio899 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I get this when I try to launch Neverwinter.exe :(
    130515 20:05:46      1 [1] ESC : Unable to embed browser frame: CoCreateInstance() IID_IWebBrowser2 failed: Class not registered\r\n
    130515 20:05:46      2 [1] ESC : Shutting down from fatal error \qUnable to embed browser frame: CoCreateInstance() IID_IWebBrowser2 failed: Class not registered\r\n\q

2U9Xr.jpg

Please help.
  • Options
    csuszap87csuszap87 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    REALLY TROLL GAME I TESTED IT ARMOR DONT GIVE STATS.

I tested with 1weapon and no armor same damage as 1 weapon with full armor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    DAMAGE IS SAME!!!!!!

TY CRYPTIC STUDIOS NICE BETA!!!!! NO STATS FOR EVERYONE Really? This is Alpha TEST??? this is not BETA!!
  • Options
    chapmoniuschapmonius Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok so i just downloaded NW not to long ago (3 hours tops) and upon patching and pressing play it goes fullscreen then get a "gameclient.exe has stopped working"

i have a pretty stock set up

ASUS essentio series CM-1745 win 8 x64 AMD A-8-5500 quadcore APU with HD radeon graphics processor is 3.20 GHZ and 8GB RAM

I can play SWTOR, WOW, and EVE online in medium to high graphics with minimal latency but anytime i go to change any video related settings in NW or go fullscreen i get that .exe crash, can anybody give some advice?
  • Options
    deanmau5xdeanmau5x Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When I open the launcher it gives me a white screen saying Loading. Please wait. and nothing happens. When I run GameClient.exe it says Connecting to the account servers then eventually times out. I've had this problem since the open beta came out please help :(
  • Options
    k3m3d0k3m3d0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Launcher not launching:

PCL file:
    130515 22:36:13 1 [1]: Using HTTP patching: server nwhttppatch.crypticstudios.com port 80 prefix Night
    130515 22:36:24 2 [1]: Syncing required files
    130515 22:36:24 3 [1]: Scanning hogg D:/Neverwinter Online/Beta/Neverwinter/Live/piggs/bins.hogg
    130515 22:36:24 4 [1]: Scanning hogg D:/Neverwinter Online/Beta/Neverwinter/Live/piggs/bins2.hogg
    130515 22:36:24 5 [1]: Scanning hogg D:/Neverwinter Online/Beta/Neverwinter/Live/piggs/character.hogg
    130515 22:36:24 6 [1]: Scanning hogg D:/Neverwinter Online/Beta/Neverwinter/Live/piggs/object.hogg
    130515 22:36:24 7 [1]: Scanning hogg D:/Neverwinter Online/Beta/Neverwinter/Live/piggs/sound.hogg
    130515 22:36:24 8 [1]: Scanning hogg D:/Neverwinter Online/Beta/Neverwinter/Live/piggs/texture.hogg
    130515 22:36:24 9 [1]: Scanning hogg D:/Neverwinter Online/Beta/Neverwinter/Live/piggs/texture2.hogg
    130515 22:36:24 10 [1]: Scanning hogg D:/Neverwinter Online/Beta/Neverwinter/Live/piggs/data.hogg
    130515 22:36:24 11 [1]: Scanning hogg D:/Neverwinter Online/Beta/Neverwinter/Live/piggs/exes.hogg
    130516 02:03:52 1 [1]: Using HTTP patching: server nwhttppatch.crypticstudios.com port 80 prefix Night
    130516 02:04:03 2 [1]: Syncing required files
    130516 02:04:03 3 [1]: Scanning hogg D:/Neverwinter Online/Beta/Neverwinter/Live/piggs/bins.hogg
    130516 02:04:03 4 [1]: Scanning hogg D:/Neverwinter Online/Beta/Neverwinter/Live/piggs/bins2.hogg
    130516 02:04:03 5 [1]: Scanning hogg D:/Neverwinter Online/Beta/Neverwinter/Live/piggs/character.hogg
    130516 02:04:03 6 [1]: Scanning hogg D:/Neverwinter Online/Beta/Neverwinter/Live/piggs/object.hogg
    130516 02:04:03 7 [1]: Scanning hogg D:/Neverwinter Online/Beta/Neverwinter/Live/piggs/sound.hogg
    130516 02:04:03 8 [1]: Scanning hogg D:/Neverwinter Online/Beta/Neverwinter/Live/piggs/texture.hogg
    130516 02:04:03 9 [1]: Scanning hogg D:/Neverwinter Online/Beta/Neverwinter/Live/piggs/texture2.hogg
    130516 02:04:03 10 [1]: Scanning hogg D:/Neverwinter Online/Beta/Neverwinter/Live/piggs/data.hogg
    130516 02:04:03 11 [1]: Scanning hogg D:/Neverwinter Online/Beta/Neverwinter/Live/piggs/exes.hogg
    [SIGPIC]Oromeh@k3m3d0[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    norzothnorzoth Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ya same here Loading please wait.loading please wait what can you expect with a alpha test? So glad I did not spend money on this
  • Options
    draka21draka21 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The launcher doesn't work.
    I had this error " Unable to download launcher_login from launcher.playneverwinter.com
    "Unable to open this internet site. The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later."
    Tried to run as admin, to run in compatibility mode and other things suggested by support forum.
  • Options
    norzothnorzoth Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same thing today when I try and log in -Loading please wait-loading please wait-and I see talk of a *official release when you wont even fix something as minor as a launcher? We may be in the minority with this problem but the fact is I cant even log into this game.
  • Options
    dexterman99dexterman99 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can not get into game patched and says ready, no play button black screen
  • Options
    aciel87aciel87 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How the heck you run this game when it always stuck in loading the launcher.

Mine is always like this:
    30dbdsh.png

Any help ?
This discussion has been closed.