test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Launcher issues - Read the first post for solutions

Comments

• Options
    redwaterxredwaterx Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    i'm getting ye olde "Trying to update the launcher. Please be patient." error. i've followed each and every step - was actually playing just a few minutes ago. now, for some reason, it's decided to stop working. i've tried restarting my system, the works, and nothing's happening. any suggestions?
  • Options
    nightfer01nightfer01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 133 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    redwaterx wrote: »
    i'm getting ye olde "Trying to update the launcher. Please be patient." error. i've followed each and every step - was actually playing just a few minutes ago. now, for some reason, it's decided to stop working. i've tried restarting my system, the works, and nothing's happening. any suggestions?
    I have exactly the same problem. I was playing like 1h ago with no problems, now my launcher says that thing and nothing. I downloaded the provided new .exe fire but it seems it doesnt work popping out a msg something like "the file is not a valid WIN32 application. WTF seriously? Please devs answer to this issue cause Im not the only one with that problem and I honestly dont want to reinstall it.
  • Options
    furiousbalmungfuriousbalmung Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2013
    Patcher is fuucked. 6a3539933e8eee42d54f6992cd670f7d.png

On two computers in the house.
  • Options
    mice8cheesemice8cheese Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I downloaded the provided new .exe fire but it seems it doesnt work popping out a msg something like "the file is not a valid WIN32 application.[/QUOTE]

Could someone please respond to this as I have the same problem
  • Options
    belgarion44belgarion44 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nightfer01 wrote: »
    I have exactly the same problem. I was playing like 1h ago with no problems, now my launcher says that thing and nothing. I downloaded the provided new .exe fire but it seems it doesnt work popping out a msg something like "the file is not a valid WIN32 application. WTF seriously? Please devs answer to this issue cause Im not the only one with that problem and I honestly dont want to reinstall it.

So is this a known issue that will be fixed soon or are we going to have hours of waiting or more ?

reinstalling the game is not a quick fix and while I have the install file. I dont want to run and install play an hour and then have to do the same again.
  • Options
    everythingsdeadeverythingsdead Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I didn't want to make a completely new thread since this is here:

I'm experiencing the blank white paged launcher again after the most recent server crash.
  • Options
    leslgrahamleslgraham Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bahh this is getting stale Cryptic /PW STOand now here and i just started here.Feed the silly gerbils and fix the launcher and servers PLEASE
  • Options
    lokimischieviouslokimischievious Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I didn't want to make a completely new thread since this is here:

I'm experiencing the blank white paged launcher again after the most recent server crash.

Same.
    pTVeY9U.png
  • Options
    everythingsdeadeverythingsdead Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same.
    pTVeY9U.png

Sadly, with things like THIS happening almost every other day is the reason I will NEVER put money into this game, along with ridiculous zen pricing. They're just kicking themselves in the rear with this.
  • Options
    kyllroy2kyllroy2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 309 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    orthx wrote: »
    SERIOUSLY?! now in order to continue play i have to download that exe file replacement? what if the page does not even load for download? delete game and move on? YES PLEASE :D

Good news orthx, the lifeboats are on the other side of the ship and we're all going down together! Makes me want to sing a song....
    https://soundcloud.com/nathankilgore/i-wanna-see-you2
  • Options
    nightfer01nightfer01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 133 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    UPDATE: After my post seems someone looked at the .exe file and replaced it and I thank you for that. Also the launcher still experiences some issues like redirecting to windows explorer (which I hate the most) I dont know for what reason. After the 3rd try I ended up in game and that is good.
  • Options
    tripsterstripsters Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Everything else is fine. I was able to play fine since launch until I had a power surge in my neighborhood. When I restarted my PC, it started doing that. No program or hardware changes to warrant the change in behavior.

At the end of the day, it's on Neverwinter's side of things. A game should adjust to the rest of the market and software, not us cater to your lack of knowledge on how to do things. IT just needs to do their job and fix the issues. If you look at the forums for their other games, this has been an ongoing issue with Cryptic Launcher for a very long time, and it just comes down to the system doesn't work. Period. It's not a new problem, it's just a larger problem because they actually have a decent amount of customers for the first time, so the ongoing issues they have had with the launcher for years have only exponentially grown.

The problem lies between the launcher and the server. If anything changes on your home network, IP address, Master Browser, ports, etc...then the server will shut you out thinking you're a hacker or something because something changed.

What happened with me, and according to the Event logs on my computers is that when I had the power outage, my laptop remained powered on, while my surge protector shut off my desktop. The wireless connection did not reset because the power outage was just for a second. Well, my laptop took over being the Master Browser in my home network, trumping my desktop. This caused changes in my home network settings, and no longer being able to log into Neverwinter. I made my desktop the Master Browser again, and switched back the IP addresses that each computer had, but still cannot log in.

The Cryptic Launcher immerses itself a lot into your PC, creating it's own user with full administrative access and authority. User 1.05...and if anything changes with your settings, then the permissions set for this user cannot happen. The Cryptic Launcher is a hacker's dream come true if they want to abuse it and take over everything on your PC. This is why most companies do not take the route that Perfect World takes concerning how they handle communication between stations. It is a problem that really there is no fix for, just patching, and it is a system design risk and flaw that can only be resolved by constant patching. It's a dam with a lot of holes, and they are getting caught running around having to fix each connection individually, and not enough manpower to do so.

-juz my opinionation...but I'm prob wrong about most of it...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Everything else is fine. I was able to play fine since launch until I had a power surge in my neighborhood. When I restarted my PC, it started doing that. No program or hardware changes to warrant the change in behavior.

At the end of the day, it's on Neverwinter's side of things. A game should adjust to the rest of the market and software, not us cater to their lack of knowledge on how to do things. IT just needs to do their job and fix the issues. If you look at the forums for their other games, this has been an ongoing issue with Cryptic Launcher for a very long time, and it just comes down to the system doesn't work. Period. It's not a new problem, it's just a larger problem because they actually have a decent amount of customers for the first time, so the ongoing issues they have had with the launcher for years have only exponentially grown.

The problem lies between the launcher and the server. If anything changes on your home network, IP address, Master Browser, ports, etc...then the server will shut you out thinking you're a hacker or something because something changed.

What happened with me, and according to the Event logs on my computers is that when I had the power outage, my laptop remained powered on, while my surge protector shut off my desktop. The wireless connection did not reset because the power outage was just for a second. Well, my laptop took over being the Master Browser in my home network, trumping my desktop. This caused changes in my home network settings, and no longer being able to log into Neverwinter. I made my desktop the Master Browser again, and switched back the IP addresses that each computer had, but still cannot log in.

The Cryptic Launcher immerses itself a lot into your PC, creating it's own user with full administrative access and authority. User 1.05...and if anything changes with your settings, then the permissions set for this user cannot happen. The Cryptic Launcher is a hacker's dream come true if they want to abuse it and take over everything on your PC. This is why most companies do not take the route that Perfect World takes concerning how they handle communication between stations. It is a problem that really there is no fix for, just patching, and it is a system design risk and flaw that can only be resolved by constant patching. It's a dam with a lot of holes, and they are getting caught running around having to fix each connection individually, and not enough manpower to do so.

• Options
    edited May 2013

At the end of the day, it's on Neverwinter's side of things. A game should adjust to the rest of the market and software, not us cater to their lack of knowledge on how to do things. IT just needs to do their job and fix the issues. If you look at the forums for their other games, this has been an ongoing issue with Cryptic Launcher for a very long time, and it just comes down to the system doesn't work. Period. It's not a new problem, it's just a larger problem because they actually have a decent amount of customers for the first time, so the ongoing issues they have had with the launcher for years have only exponentially grown.

• Options
    loumil88loumil88 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tried downloading the EXE and the page 404'd on me.
    Edit/Update:
    I followed the steps here:http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=16931

The launcher comes up, i can login, but during startup it crashes. Also shows server condition: Red in upper left.
  • Options
    bonanakeengbonanakeeng Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i still cant get on from second server crash. -_- bs
  • Options
    ravingmad74ravingmad74 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In a perfect world,the servers would be working without issue. wait nm!@#
  • Options
    eatabageatabag Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Awww just when I was about to become a Founder!!!

edited May 2013
    i get a blank screen and IE opens with the following URL: res://ieframe.dll/http_404_webOC.htm
  • Options
    wolfrunner2wolfrunner2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    dugand> same here
  • Options
    duby14duby14 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same as above. worked ok before.
  • Options
    kyllroy2kyllroy2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 309 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Its not your launcher.....They have to be working on it. It might be hard to anticipate just how popular this place really is.
  • Options
    angelxhoshinaangelxhoshina Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i do get same error
  • Options
    duganddugand Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Clicked the link in update #9, now the launcher comes up but as soon as I enter my credentials and click the login button it crashes. Same thing it did before.
  • Options
    redline248redline248 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When I open the launcher and login, it asks me to go to https://my.perfectworld.com/nw, login on that page, and restart the launcher. That page won't load...I get "an error occurred."

Any ideas how to fix?
  • Options
    kuljmikuljmi Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When I open the launcher and login, it asks me to go to https://my.perfectworld.com/nw, login on that page, and restart the launcher. That page won't load...I get "an error occurred."

Any ideas how to fix?

same thing happening to me to
  • Options
    doomknight3doomknight3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm able to log in and press Play but then it goes to the Cryptic loading screen and the bar gets about 70% then freezes and crashes saying GameClient.exe has stopped responding.

edit: tried running as admin and force verifying.
  • Options
    redline248redline248 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I restarted my pc and was able to get to the https page finally.
  • Options
    fredchipmunkfredchipmunk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you for such detailed fix information. Neverwinter is user friendly.
  • Options
    hermlockbrhermlockbr Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the launhcer problem apear to be fixed, but now the game can't connect to the accounting server
This discussion has been closed.