What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Launcher issues - Read the first post for solutions

Comments

• Options
    w00t3rw00t3r Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fresh install doesn't fix it :/ any other ideas ?
  • Options
    slcobbsslcobbs Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same issue here and I can not install it just deletes itself
  • Options
    malistairismalistairis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My wife and I are also having the same issue. Installing the game gives me a "fails to register with Game Explorer" message. The installer then tries to "patch" with the Tried Connecting one time message and counts down Kbs until the .exe turns into .exe.deleteme

WTH?
  • Options
    ifervanifervan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My wife and I are also having the same issue. Installing the game gives me a "fails to register with Game Explorer" message. The installer then tries to "patch" with the Tried Connecting one time message and counts down Kbs until the .exe turns into .exe.deleteme

WTH?

Same issue can even redownload.... when i try after i got the .deleteme it says cannot connect to Game Explorer

Before crashing mobs had serial numbers on them...very werid.
  • Options
    chilli1212chilli1212 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    takilong wrote: »
    Launcher file has changed to read

Neverwinter.exe.deleteme

Yep same here.
    Deinstalled and wanted to reinstall but it keeps renaming the .exe.
    Is there anything I can do about it?

Chillios
  • Options
    takilongtakilong Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is a partial fix that some ppl have tried and it seems to be working check this thread.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?289551-Launcher-gone
  • Options
    chilli1212chilli1212 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Jep works again for me!
    It is Avast! blocking the launcher.
    Just add an exception and your good to go ;)
    thiol wrote: »
    To fix this for those with Avast:
    1. Open the Avast client
    2. In the 'Maintenance' tab click on 'Virus Chest' in the menu on the left
    3. Right click on 'Neverwinter.exe' and select 'Restore'
    4. In the 'Security' tab click on 'Antivirus' in the menu on the left, then 'File System Shield' in that menu
    5. Click on 'Settings' and then 'Exclusions' in the menu of the window that pops up
    6. In the text box, add the path to your game installation directory (typically C:\Program Files\Cryptic Studios) then click 'Add'
    7. Navigate to your instal folder and recreate your game shortcut, or simply execute Neverwinter.exe from that folder. Avast should no longer check the file
  • Options
    gutziesgutzies Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep...was Avast!..../facepalm
  • Options
    eroliveerolive Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I posted in other thread that i am having a launcher problem, the launcher starts ok, but when i try to login, it gives (Too many attempts, try again later), with any login that i try, so, the problem isnt with my login, anyone can help me out with this?

I dont have avast, and never installed it in my computer.
    I am executing the game as admin, with compatibility, my firewall is disabled and all that **** required for the game to run, everything was working perfectly until today.
    any guesses here?
  • Options
    shillokshillok Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I try again in this forum, was running game under XP SP3 with IE8 game was working before AH/AD fix. The Firewall and antivirus do not apply as I even tried from a IMAGE restore to a point before AH/AD fix when NW2 was working.
    I even tried with a DMZ and no firewall+Antivirus Since the AH/AD fix my launcher has not worked. No hardware change, No ISP change.

Have you changes security from 128Bit to 256Bit on the launcher web data ?
    IE8 on XP only supports 128Bit. Google Chrome can connect to 256Bit in XP.
    https://launcher.playneverwinter.com/launcher_login Connects with Chrome at 256Bit TSL 1.0

Edit.. IE8 will only run 256Bit if Protected mode set in Windows 7 or Vista. Else it will default to 128Bit security.

I sent in support requests and each time I received the default if windows 7 do this if windows 8 do that.
    Open this port, re-install game etc etc. I repeat, I did all that to get the game working. The game was working, I restored from a IMAGE to a point where the game was working. But since the AH/AD fix, the launcher has not connected properly. As I restored to a older version on the game each time I connect the Launcher will up date via DL then nothing it just sits in task bar and all you can do it close it.

=================================
    ========== Log started ==========
    =================================
    22.05.2013 19:21:17 Neverwinter.exe - 208.95.185.41:7255 open
    22.05.2013 19:21:18 Neverwinter.exe - 208.95.184.199:7255 open
    22.05.2013 19:21:18 Neverwinter.exe - 208.95.185.41:7255 close, 92 bytes sent, 53 bytes received
    22.05.2013 19:21:26 Neverwinter.exe - 208.95.184.199:7255 close, 135 bytes sent, 1796736 bytes (1.71 MB) received
    22.05.2013 19:21:26 Neverwinter.exe - 208.95.185.41:7255 open
    22.05.2013 19:21:27 Neverwinter.exe - 208.95.185.41:7255 close, 92 bytes sent, 53 bytes received
    22.05.2013 19:21:27 Neverwinter.exe - 208.95.184.179:7255 open
    22.05.2013 19:21:27 Warning : Establishing a connection to 208.95.185.41:7255 was canceled by the client.
    22.05.2013 19:21:27 Warning : Establishing a connection to 208.95.185.41:7255 was canceled by the client.
    ....... For 130 odd attempts but all refused by your server. then
    22.05.2013 19:21:28 Neverwinter.exe - 208.95.184.179:7255 close, 122 bytes sent, 47 bytes received
    22.05.2013 19:21:28 Warning : Establishing a connection to 208.95.184.199:7255 was canceled by the client.
    22.05.2013 19:21:28 Warning : Establishing a connection to 208.95.184.199:7255 was canceled by the client.
    ...... For 130 odd attempts then Neverwinter.exe launcher just stopped trying to access the Net.
  • Options
    jaykobejaykobe Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nevermind fixed.
  • Options
    jaykobejaykobe Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is this forum inactive or something..?
  • Options
    gherdelgherdel Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    all problem solve
  • Options
    bracokombracokom Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    still having problem loging in. its intermitent, some times will let me in other times just locks on
  • Options
    jake1234jake1234 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After doing the instrutions per this post and allowing safe mode i can get past the load screen.
    Because of safe mode it sets all my video settings to 'default' - i adjust them to 'recommended' and set NW to fullscreen it i still am allowed to get past the loading screen.
    sUIT388.png

After getting past the second load screen - i set my video settings to completely 'Max' - it stops allowing me to get past the load screen.
    NbXnV5U.png
    Ws6CBfa.png
    OcNirRM.png

Any more information on this or is someone else can confirm would greatly be appreciated.

**Note: also limiting to 4 images to help out troubleshoot an issue is harder. Just a tip. ^_~
  • Options
    jydeanjydean Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have not been able to get my character in for 2 days now will there ever be a fix or do I just junk this game?
  • Options
    jake1234jake1234 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jydean wrote: »
    I have not been able to get my character in for 2 days now will there ever be a fix or do I just junk this game?

what steps have you taken? just saying you cant get a character doesn't really help.
  • Options
    alsperionalsperion Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still can't log in, message shown is: ''Unable to authenticate:" (nothing else)
  • Options
    jerchakjerchak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    alsperion wrote: »
    Still can't log in, message shown is: ''Unable to authenticate:" (nothing else)
    this just started for me, went to switch toons...
  • Options
    mechomancermechomancer Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still getting this same message, "unable to authenticate."
  • Options
    eup4eup4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same here "unable to authenticate." , any way to fix this?
  • Options
    adambomb76adambomb76 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still getting this same message, "unable to authenticate."

same here. first time I've encountered this and i've been playing just fine for awhile now. very strange, very annoying!
  • Options
    ir00lusuxir00lusux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just lagged out of an epic dungeon delve and this happened to me when I attempted to log back in as well/
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    adambomb76 wrote: »
    same here. first time I've encountered this and i've been playing just fine for awhile now. very strange, very annoying!

Yeah, I have been in game on and off today just fine, now this. First time I have seen this error as well.
  • Options
    ctdummy80ctdummy80 Member Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    All I have running through my mind right now is --- we have an issue with the Auction House that is going to completely <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off our customers again... let's work on the launcher instead o.O? and by work I mean break... -_-
  • Options
    kanoskirkanoskir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "unable to authenticate" but I'm not just getting it for Neverwinter, I'm getting it for Champions and STO also.
  • Options
    illumanusillumanus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here - unable to authenticate and none of the "fixes" (which are guesses by the way and not actual indications anyone knows what is wrong) have not worked. My saga began with an error reading a night music file then moved to an error with a belt texture. I turned off on demand patching and it downloaded everything. Now I can't authenticate and there seems to be no support since my tickets have gone unanswered and it seems the forums are not any help either. We just get referred to another forum thread. It's like going to the DMV on a Monday at 4pm or herding cats. I mean honestly, misdirection is the practice of politicians and magicians not support for a game. Without a solid solution or idea by morning EST I will have to mark this down as a classic fail of support like so many other games that had potential.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    New error just now "The account service is temporarily down. Please try again at a later time."
  • Options
    harhar321harhar321 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can't log in. All I get is "The account service is temporarily down. Please try again at a later time."
  • Options
    sholin86sholin86 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yea i'm getting "The account service is temporarily down. Please try again at a later time." for about 10 mins now. Woo.
This discussion has been closed.