Launcher issues - Read the first post for solutions

Comments

• Options
    dubwizedjdubwizedj Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The launcher doesn't work for me either

I get this error when the launcher loads:
    "Unable to download launcher_login from launcher.playneverwinter.com
    "Unable to open this internet site. The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later."

If I run the gameclient.exe directly. it attempts to login and then times out trying to connect to the server. going on 3 days now that this has been happening.

I can ping that site so I know I have connectivity to it. I reinstalled the game, and done ever other thing I can think of or the canned tech support docs have suggested.

So what is wrong with this game.....?
  • Options
    pepto2pepto2 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    SuspiciousModification.png

Please stick a digital signature on legitimate alterations so I can tell Kaspersky 'it's OK'? With all the reports on the forums of hacked accounts I'm veeery afraid of possible tampering.
  • Options
    onetunaboyonetunaboy Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Launcher is patching but taking almost an hour so far for 175 MB's. Is this normal?
  • Options
    doomixedupdoomixedup Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hi ! i hope an admin reads this because i need help.
    i entered a quest area called "The Hidden Cove" and its in a lvl 20-22 area i think. after i entered it said i lost connection to the server and the seconds counter went up. i would make a thread but im not allowed to. also i tried disconnecting and rejoining. i load in to The Hidden Cove and end up "loosing connection to the server". please help! awesome game to be free btw =) its the only mmo rpg that i have enjoyed.
  • Options
    stoneswords83stoneswords83 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    doomixedup wrote: »
    hi ! i hope an admin reads this because i need help.
    i entered a quest area called "The Hidden Cove" and its in a lvl 20-22 area i think. after i entered it said i lost connection to the server and the seconds counter went up. i would make a thread but im not allowed to. also i tried disconnecting and rejoining. i load in to The Hidden Cove and end up "loosing connection to the server". please help! awesome game to be free btw =) its the only mmo rpg that i have enjoyed.

This has been happening to me and my brother all day too. Any info on this?
  • Options
    iceteamaniceteaman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    launcher is still not working for me as of 19:37 est
    replaced the Neverwinter.exe with the new one that lacks a valid digital signature
    click on Login button of Launcher, takes 3 seconds to connect/show patch number
    sets there for another 24 seconds & then Launcher crashes
    CrypticError window opens asking me report what I was doing at the time & closes 4 seconds later
    not giving me a chance to type anything into window
  • Options
    stizzelswikstizzelswik Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've had the same thing happen to me on my laptop. My niece tried to login to her game on my laptop after she convinced me to play with her... same thing happened to her. I am going to try it on my desktop now. But if I have ANY problems logging into the game, I can tell you I will not try again. I will simply uninstall and forget about it.
  • Options
    shinzobrshinzobr Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi guys, today my launcher just stoped appearing on my desktop. he stills acessible by the task bar, i put on my password, i log on the game, normaly. But i dont know what to do. i tryed to run on administrator, but nothing. anyone is getting this freakish error too?

BTW, sorry for any english error....
  • Options
    forgotuser12forgotuser12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "The patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function"
    I was patching a while ago and this problem came again..
    The Neverwinter.exe download fix is not working anymore..
    any Ideas?
  • Options
    hafiz92hafiz92 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i stuck...no button play
    nobuttonplay_zps967a3941.png
  • Options
    insanityforceinsanityforce Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a different problem. I downloaded the game this morning and I verified that my Launcher is the same one as the one linked in the first post. I didn't get to play the game yet, because of this issue :

When I enter my username/password in the Launcher (which does have fields to type those), the Launcher 's window goes blank and 55-62 Internet Explorer windows pop up with the URL res://shdoclc/syntax.htm , which is not valid.

I tried again after halting several unnecessary processes, with no success. I use Windows XP.
  • Options
    carrotpakcarrotpak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i can't join ... kept reconnecting
  • Options
    flexbufchestflexbufchest Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Does any1 know how to make the game run with TrendMicro Titanium?
  • Options
    jeffreymoranjeffreymoran Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone having trouble connecting to a server it is currently 4:29 PM
  • Options
    jeffreymoranjeffreymoran Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How long will Neverwinter be down I can't find in info explaining why I can't connect to a server
  • Options
    galbaturex1galbaturex1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can not connect to the server either. Any pointers or information on this ?
  • Options
    mttbstrd666mttbstrd666 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still no server connect...
  • Options
    arnold128arnold128 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cool i just got the game and i couldnt play so i searched the hell out of my mind.....oh the websites forum derrrr so thanks for working on it
  • Options
    galbaturex1galbaturex1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    is there a server forum ?
  • Options
    idricidric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    im still having problems all it says is cannot reach server
  • Options
    ioveciovec Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Would like to see if anyone has a fix for this: First, I didn't download the game from a server, I just copied someone elses Cryptic Studios folder onto my computer.

Here is what happens: When I first launch the game, I can log on using my email address and pw. I cannot log on using my handle and pw. If I change characters or go to the foundry, I log off, and am taken to another screen where I have to log in again. Now I cannot log in using either my email address OR handle instead, I have to exit the game and start all over.

Is there a file I can delete (similar to the WTF folder for WoW) that will correct this?

Thanks.
  • Options
    cmdrsprizzcmdrsprizz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I keep getting a timed out issue at the server. I log in but it won't connect says " server timed out ".
  • Options
    cmdrsprizzcmdrsprizz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    weshardin1984weshardin1984 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's now 9:14 est still stuck at connecting to the login server then server connect time out.
  • Options
    cataclyzmcataclyzm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am seeing that the server is down. Is this true or is there a bug in my launcher? Looking at the time this tread started it looks like this has been an all day delimma, don't envy the team working on this being a programmer myself. Hope there is a solution soon, kinda starting to 'jones'.
  • Options
    tkizzle4454tkizzle4454 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just shows how ready the community is ready for a new game to play
  • Options
    cutekhaoscutekhaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was having issues, number 7 fixed it for a bit. Log on this evening same issue again... finally got the launcher up game loads and..... server is unavailable at this time :(.
  • Options
    iceteamaniceteaman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The launcher is still broken! have not been able to log into the game sence last saturday when the everyone had problems.
    I run XP Pro x64 & whatever was done alone with the fix. Didn't work for me. The 7 hour roll back is the least of my promblems.
    as it will have zero effect on my character. As the client crashes & I been locked out of the game all weekend!
    could this be fixed anytime soon?
  • Options
    psarispsaris Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i downloaded the .exe on solution 7 it was only 1.8mb? it says invalid win32 application think its corrupted....
    anyone can upload a proper exe somewere please?
  • Options
    karnemelk1karnemelk1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can some one help me?

I have download the game, and launch it. I can log in, but then i cant play it because the launch screen is patching.
    It is patching now for a half hour but dont do anything. Is this because server is down or something? I see the server status is green..

maybe some one can help me with the anwser.
This discussion has been closed.