test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Launcher issues - Read the first post for solutions

Comments

• erondell8erondell8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't know whats going on. I was playing the game perfectly, then i got disconnected from the game. I closed the game and tried to re-open but launcher isn't opening right now. Another problem is, my internet is working flawlesly right now, i tried on several different sites, just perfec world site is really slow. Right now im trying to open http://download.perfectworld.com/nw/launcher/Neverwinter.exe address, but it's not opening either... What's going on????
  • speedstersonicspeedstersonic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    erondell8 wrote: »
    I don't know whats going on. I was playing the game perfectly, then i got disconnected from the game. I closed the game and tried to re-open but launcher isn't opening right now. Another problem is, my internet is working flawlesly right now, i tried on several different sites, just perfec world site is really slow. Right now im trying to open http://download.perfectworld.com/nw/launcher/Neverwinter.exe address, but it's not opening either... What's going on????

ME TOO SAME ISSUE. that link is not working
  • startedloststartedlost Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same as the above. Got home and logged in just fine. Game froze and I was booted by a DC. Now my launcher isn't working. I read the fix for the launcher, but I cannot download because it says the page is experiencing errors.

Just found this game a few days ago and am loving it, let me in! =)
  • lakesidemaidenlakesidemaiden Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2013

having the same issue here. was in the game, playing, got a message saying that I was disconnected from the server. It logged me out, and I tried to log back in, and now the launcher isn't working. It took forever just to get the forum to open up. definitely an issue with the launcher again... :(
  • ervinstienervinstien Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Launcher will not connect? anyone know whats going on? is the server down
  • zearlthzearlth Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same here ! ^^ btw, devs should put one more server status indicator to gamesite, since that launcher stop working everytime.
  • aedexaedex Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Launcher connection ploblems too here.

EDIT: ok, now its or connecting then white screen or is crashing on logging in.

EDIT2: it patched itself after login (196mb). playing now. /train
  • riskybusines13riskybusines13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got the same problem and dont cant find away to fix it.
  • ervinstienervinstien Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    server crash???
  • lordtyran1lordtyran1 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    >go on forums
    >white screen, big letters
    >It Works!
    >try to login
    >server is unavailable at this time
    >Doesn't work then does it Cryptic.
  • lordtyran1lordtyran1 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    >go on forums
    >white screen, big letters
    >It Works!
    >try to login
    >server is unavailable at this time
    >Doesn't work then does it Cryptic.
  • kinkwolfkinkwolf Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is the game down as I got the launcher to work but then it says the server is unavailable and won't let me log into the game.
  • daveyrockettdaveyrockett Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here. Patched, gave script permissions along the way, said yes, and now all it says is "server is unavailable"
  • c3naxc3nax Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Server is still down, nothing to be done about it .....
  • lakesidemaidenlakesidemaiden Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same thing, and server light is showing Green on the launch page...
  • erondell8erondell8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think im going nuts.... After servers down, i purchased Guardian of Neverwinter pack....! I'm really losing it.. LOL
  • daveyrockettdaveyrockett Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Since this thread has lowered, I wonder if most people got in and it's jsut a few of us still suffering. =/
  • stridervanstridervan Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Since this thread has lowered, I wonder if most people got in and it's jsut a few of us still suffering. =/

no its cuz some people cant even get into the forum.
  • isotope556isotope556 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Has anyone heard anything about when the servers are expected to be back up? Still unable to log onto the game and the forums are down most of the time now also.
    edited May 2013
    All of PW servers are down, not just neverwinter. I looked on the neverwinter facebook page, there isn't a ETA right now. It's annoying... I hope they work it out soon.
  • hieenahieena Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i cannot connect to the patching server nor the gateway playneverwinter site, !? whats going on?
  • erebus2075erebus2075 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i dont get this.
    me and my wife is playing from the same network meaning same router setup, different computers but same setup and same system.
    she can log in with absolutely no issue's while i am getting the "unable to establish connection to patch server" etc. 99% of the time i tried since the "breakdown" we are using the same setup of avg.

i can't find any difference on the machines which could be network related. i tried to move the complete game from hers to mine machine to check, and its still the same.

any idea's of what could go wrong? have tried random stuff which i thought could be related to something network wise or firewall/antivir wise, but really i can find nothing which is different on the two machines.

its starting to annoy me after a good handfull of hours now.

okey so after trying everything else, i simply tried to restart the router to check if it could have something to do with the distribution of ip's and how the gameclient used these.
    it worked -.-

sooo try to restart your router and check if that doesnt solve your problem (always the most simple solutions after you tried everything else.... i hate that )
  • dunvasadunvasa Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm having a hard time trying find a solution to my problem, but everytime I launch the game it crashes, telling me that it's missing "missiontags.bin". Anyone know about this? I don't want to uninstall/reinstall just yet. Perhaps not everything was downloaded completely. Or maybe I can find a place to download this file seperately and place it in the folder? Any helpful tips would be appreciated.
  • jpbl1976jpbl1976 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been having issues since the 416a.16 patch. I played this yesterday with no issues but since the patch arrived, I am able to start the launcher, then it goes into the whole start-up cycle and I am able to hit 'play.' Then, the Cryptic logo appears with the progress bar and right around the 40% progress level, it crashes to desktop with the Cryptic error console popping up: "oops..."

I don't have any applications like Teamviewer or Mumble so I have no idea what is going on. Has anyone encountered this and, if so, were you able to find a solution?
  • sandyvajayjaysandyvajayjay Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Game crashed, and now I am stuck at "Patching" after I try to log in. First day... can't post hope you watch this forum thread.
  • adalon86adalon86 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dunvasa wrote: »
    I'm having a hard time trying find a solution to my problem, but everytime I launch the game it crashes, telling me that it's missing "missiontags.bin". Anyone know about this? I don't want to uninstall/reinstall just yet. Perhaps not everything was downloaded completely. Or maybe I can find a place to download this file seperately and place it in the folder? Any helpful tips would be appreciated.

Hi,

I had the same problem with this "bin/missiontags.bin:" and "error decompressing data" error message. I uninstalled TeamTrack, downloaded the newest neverwinter.exe (you can find the link on the first page of this thread) and... still nothing.

Finally I found a solution to my problem on Star Trek Online forum ;) they said that you should go to your Neverwinter folder > Cryptic Studios > Neverwinter > Live > piggs, delete everything with *.hogg there (I copied these files to another folder, just in case) and open neverwinter.exe. Right now you don't have any patches installed, so the launcher needs to download everything again (make yourself a 2-hours break) - and then the game should work. Good luck!
  • l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Game crashed stuck on patching now.... Launcher not working again.
  • godessevengodesseven Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7
    edited May 2013
    Is anyone else having an issue when pulling up the launcher its mostly all white, no button, you can log in only because you can hit enter after entering in your pw but after there is no lay button?
  • laediin2laediin2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    godesseven wrote: »
    Is anyone else having an issue when pulling up the launcher its mostly all white, no button, you can log in only because you can hit enter after entering in your pw but after there is no lay button?

I am having this problem right meow.
  • doggcrappdoggcrapp Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    godesseven wrote: »

same thing, it's irritating because I planned my day around being able to play. meh. :confused:
This discussion has been closed.