Install Arc
Options

Launcher issues - Read the first post for solutions

Comments

• Options
    koroikoroi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    doggcrapp wrote: »
    same thing, it's irritating because I planned my day around being able to play. meh. :confused:

I have it as well...
  • Options
    damdoreoedamdoreoe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    godesseven wrote: »
    Is anyone else having an issue when pulling up the launcher its mostly all white, no button, you can log in only because you can hit enter after entering in your pw but after there is no lay button?

This is happening here as well
  • Options
    js3bjs3bjs3bjs3b Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is anyone else having an issue when pulling up the launcher its mostly all white, no button, you can log in only because you can hit enter after entering in your pw but after there is no lay button?

I had this issue, but it has just now fixed itself.
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Yes, just happened to me and persists after a restart.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And now inexplicably working again. :)
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    litchdoctorlitchdoctor Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    laediin2 wrote: »
    I am having this problem right meow.

Yeah same here, can't start the game. Tried running as Administrator, restarting PC, canceling and restarting the application... *sigh*
  • Options
    godessevengodesseven Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7
    edited May 2013
    yeah I noticed I can open the launcher now with no issues. Glad I didnt have to wait to long :o
  • Options
    ermhzermhz Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After a game crash launcher tries to autoupdate and i get an error - connection problem.
  • Options
    xristanaxxristanax Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    still happening to me
  • Options
    cordaynecordayne Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I keep getting that "Trying to update the launcher. Please be patient. Tried connecting 1 time" I've done all the steps described to me, changed the .exe etc. Also made sure my firewall is not interfering. What the heck is going on?
  • Options
    baholeteeebaholeteee Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've changed my mb and cpu today to an am3+ setup with an fx6300 CPU. Everything is fine except for neverwinter launcher that crashes every single time when i press play.

HELP PLEASE! :(
  • Options
    largalexuslargalexus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Omg, Teamviewer has crashing my laucher.

Make u sure close Teamviewer, and works!
  • Options
    trebnitramtrebnitram Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have this weird thing happening. I am able to log into game. I get the Cryptic loading splash screen which it goes through approximately 80% off then it the Neverwinter splash screen comes up. Right after the Neverwinter splash screen comes up the GameClient.exe crashes with a "Not Responding". Sometimes if I wait long enough it MAY complete its load but I get a black screen and usually have to relaunch. Other times it just crashes out completely. Anybody else experiencing this?
  • Options
    kidao1kidao1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nothing yet? someone playing or just every1 got the problem with the launcher?
  • Options
    vyxenhelixvyxenhelix Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    trebnitram wrote: »
    I have this weird thing happening. I am able to log into game. I get the Cryptic loading splash screen which it goes through approximately 80% off then it the Neverwinter splash screen comes up. Right after the Neverwinter splash screen comes up the GameClient.exe crashes with a "Not Responding". Sometimes if I wait long enough it MAY complete its load but I get a black screen and usually have to relaunch. Other times it just crashes out completely. Anybody else experiencing this?

I'm having this exact issue since the shard maintenance last night. I used to get the "tried connecting" issue when I first started playing, but never this one.
  • Options
    dukeguntherdukegunther Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have an issue with the launcher where I run the exe and it immediately gives an error saying "Cryptic Game Launcher has stopped working." The only thing that happens is the window pops up completely white and this error occurs. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game 3 or 4 times using different downloads, am on an administrator account and use run as administrator, and have done various other solutions.

I have closed all unnecessary programs, turned off firewall and anti-virus, tried running in various compatibility modes, nothing works. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know! I am running Windows 7 on an ASUS N53SN laptop.

I have also been able to get the game to run by dling files from a friend who fully installed the game and I get in just fine. However, I always time out at connecting to accounts server, probably because it isn't a patched version.
  • Options
    deadmutantdirodeadmutantdiro Member Posts: 26
    edited May 2013
    Launcher seems to be working correctly until i start patching. it was a 180+ mb file and it downloaded all the way to 150+mbs. Then it stopped downloading completely. I restarted the client and the leftover amount is 38mbs. it will only load to 12mbs and then completely stops. Haven't seen any fix for this one yet but hopefully i will be able to play tomorrow.
  • Options
    jpbl1976jpbl1976 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    trebnitram wrote: »

I posted the same issue a few pages back. I get a crash right around the 40% mark of the Cryptic splash. No dev response yet.
  • Options
    nullptrnullptr Member Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    After the maintenance the launcher is selecting another handle than before the maintenance, it selects an older account the was linked to the same email. I had forgotten about that account, but when i created my nw account it gladly excepted the same email. Now it seems like the launcher only selects the old handle, so I have 0 characters when i log in.

I have no idea if it possible to have 2 x account names tied to one email address, when i try to retrive my account name it gives me a 4 years old account name, with that handle.
  • Options
    cds1984cds1984 Member Posts: 9
    edited May 2013
    Launcher seems to be working correctly until i start patching. it was a 180+ mb file and it downloaded all the way to 150+mbs. Then it stopped downloading completely. I restarted the client and the leftover amount is 38mbs. it will only load to 12mbs and then completely stops. Haven't seen any fix for this one yet but hopefully i will be able to play tomorrow.

well the patching worked for me, but all I get now is the launcher seems to be working correctly until it gets to patching... and then it just stays on patching... doesn't do anything...
    Last Night, I kept it up on my screen for about a hour and it did nothing during that hour...

Looks like a serious problem with the patching part of the launcher...

I have looked into other launchers, such as for STO... the STO launcher does the same thing that the Neverwinter Launcher is doing... stopping right at Patching...
  • Options
    tryp5terstryp5ters Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't know much about all of this, but some of you guru's might be able to figure out why-
    I was playing yesterday on my desktop, and had a power surge. I rebooted and tried to log in, but...well, nothing. I tried all the fixes everyone has talked about. Nothing.
    I went to my Event Viewer, and found the same five errors every time I try to log on to Neverwinter-

Event 1002, Application Hang
    The program Neverwinter.exe version 2013.3.30.1350 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.
    Process ID: 1754
    Start Time: 01ce4df3b5a4e6ea
    Termination Time: 2
    Application Path: I:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter.exe
    Report Id: fbf61b4e-b9e8-11e2-811a-a6c0fa1143f6

Event 4001, WLAN AutoConfig
    WLAN AutoConfig service has successfully stopped.

Event 27, e1qexpress
    Intel(R) 82583V Gigabit Network Connection
    Network link is disconnected.

Event 10016, DistributedCOM
    The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
    {C97FCC79-E628-407D-AE68-A06AD6D8B4D1}
    and APPID
    {344ED43D-D086-4961-86A6-1106F4ACAD9B}
    to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

Event 1001, Dhcp-Client
    Your computer was not assigned an address from the network (by the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 0x00259C0A7E2E. The following error occurred: 0x79. Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server.

These same 5 errors happen automatically every time I try to launch the game from the launcher. I can tell because of the times listed.

Anyone understand this jargon better than I?
  • Options
    martra78martra78 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sounds fishy on how they allow players to keep buying something(the NW Starter Kit & Founder's Pack) even though their game is still open-beta, they should only allow that during or after the official launch, right? Only when the game is much more stable not like now.

Are the people running this game really professionals? Why still no fix? It's been 2 weeks now and the login errors & patching issues are still there.

No clear statement from the GMs, development team or from the game publisher to clear things up. Just nothing.

This game could be a scam! sucks bad too! :mad:
  • Options
    haikyu1haikyu1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Deos anybody resceive a "Too many attempts, Please try again later" when logging in on Launcher?
  • Options
    selfsimilarselfsimilar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cds1984 wrote: »
    ...and then it just stays on patching... doesn't do anything...
    Last Night, I kept it up on my screen for about a hour and it did nothing during that hour...

i have the same problem...it started around 2am friday morning...
    today...let it run while doing other things...checked on it about every 1/2 hr...
    after 3 hours of 'patching' with no progress bar i gave up...

no items in event viewer...but taskman processes lists 'crypticError.exe *32' w/14,408k mem use...
    but there is no error message to be found anywhere, including taskman apps,
    which only states neverwinter is running

if the error process is active, shouldn't the crash window pop up? or is it running by defalut?...though
    i check these things often, i've never had reason to notice/or seen that process running before.
  • Options
    selfsimilarselfsimilar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    @tryp5ter
    holyquanobatman!!! whatever is doing it is turning off and/or disabling all your communication hardware/software/access
    that's either one hell of a mass of conflict, or...well...lets not say that 'other' word...
    i only remember something like that happening to me way Way back when we had to configure hardware/system
    DMA, IRQ, jumpers, and edit config.sys, autoexe.com, and .ini files to resolve issues like that
    i can offer no assistance other than a possible un/re-install, a 'heavy scan', or a restore point
    questions: can you access the net when the program is running? when it closes? is a reboot necessary to enable it all again?
  • Options
    kyiokukyioku Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've downloaded game yesterday evening. During installation it was patching, then after the game installed I've launched it andi it demanded another patch. There was no information about file size or speed of downloading so I decided to leave it for night. It was up for eight hours and it was frozen like yesterday evening (my internet connection is 25mb/s), when I click cancel there is no reaction. Any idea what to do?
  • Options
    snowmangmrsnowmangmr Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what about a little notice in the bottom saying: it appears you do not have cookies enabled. or something like that, i have enabled them and tryed everything. any advice please?
  • Options
    zynt3xzynt3x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey guys I have a annoying problem with the launcher.
    First, i can login and play but that's only because I know where the "Play" Button is.

I also tried to use "Force verify" via the options without any luck.

My launcher looks like this:

launcher_errornszwc.png
  • Options
    kyllroy2kyllroy2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 309 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Looks like the last update to Pinpoints OP was 10 days back. They have gone through several improvements and optimized some original issues. Now it looks like a few new ones are in with the updates. The screen on the last poster looks lie its bugged. Mine looks nothing like this and is forced fed through Firefox, (which gives me fits). Once I bypass the wall of crud from FF I then am home free and it self launches (usually to my complete surprise). I do not like to repeat this process so I take breaks at the login screen.
    If it were me, I would reinstall the whole shebang noting the passwords and handle info. Its got to be better than not seeing the login info.:(
  • Options
    orthxorthx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    SERIOUSLY?! now in order to continue play i have to download that exe file replacement? what if the page does not even load for download? delete game and move on? YES PLEASE :D
This discussion has been closed.