test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game needs a full Character Wipe.

Comments

• timm4444timm4444 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 363
    edited May 2013
    pboar2006 wrote: »
    This is the WoW age where your character has to be slightly better then anyone else or they have an advantage over you.

Aye. . .thats why I said I remember a time.. . .:rolleyes:
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    aislingi wrote: »
    Wow killed that a long time ago. Hell, even WoW wasn't like that at first.

EQ was a game, for years, about keeping everyone else from doing any meaningful content. That was fun :P
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • scrubzillapvpscrubzillapvp Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone know if you can get a refund through USAA if I used a debit card to buy the HoTN pack or would it have to be a credit card?

I just cant play a game with this many exploits, if its not 1 hour leveling to 60 in quest turn in exploits, its easymode farming top end gear by bugged set bonus, probably a whole lot of other things I haven't even heard of.
  • jmerithewjmerithew Member Posts: 137 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Anyone know if you can get a refund through USAA if I used a debit card to buy the HoTN pack or would it have to be a credit card?

I just cant play a game with this many exploits, if its not 1 hour leveling to 60 in quest turn in exploits, its easymode farming top end gear by bugged set bonus, probably a whole lot of other things I haven't even heard of.
    It's something you'd probably have to discuss with your bank. I wish you the best of luck though
  • pboar2006pboar2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 421 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Call up Cryptic or USAA and ask them
  • clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Personally, I don't want a wipe of my character so I'd have to start all over again. I'd much rather have a wipe of the Auction House, my character's inventories and all bank space.

AD and Zen wiped too, with zen from Founder's packs and purchases being added back in.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • tallulahkattallulahkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Not sure what usaa is, but if its from a bank account, you can talk to your bank about getting the refund.
  • mjperkinsmjperkins Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There are plenty of ways to identify who abused. I am sure they do prescriptive corrections to address the exploiters. PWE is just understaffed out of greed.
    Recruitment Officer for
    End Game PvE Guild
    Recruitment Status: Open; Limited
  • lexthegreatlexthegreat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As much as I am against a wipe, it currently looks to be the correct course of action.

Going to miss my level 60's and gear, but it's better than the alternative.

Cryptic, you need to do what is right here.
  • pysceapyscea Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    While I love the idea of a wipe, it's a reactive measure that does not solve the core problem: this is the hot, new F2P game that's attracting the crowd who love to find and abuse exploits for personal gain, be it internal to the game or external.

You wipe their character, they just make a new one, and find the next exploit. All the while, legitimate players suffer a loss of time and/or money.

If there is going to be a wipe, it will probably have to come much later, after the exploiters/hackers/dupers/etc have found a more profitable game to swarm to and do their thing.

For now, the rest of us just have to weather the storm or play something else in the meanwhile.
  • balentinossbalentinoss Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They will lose more money if they don't wipe...

They have already made some money till now but everyday less and less people spend money on a corrupted game full of bugs.

Solution --- When bugs are fixed. Wipe. There might be some crying but it's the only solution. Otherwise no future for this game.
  • valvexenvalvexen Member Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    So if they wipe everything, and then a few weeks down the road it happens again you gonna want a wipe again, were does it end.
  • redscare82redscare82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    I don't think a character wipe is needed, its going to be too fun watching the Banhammer hit all the people exploiting right now. They may think no one is watching but apparently they've never played an MMO before.
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    redscare82 wrote: »
    I don't think a character wipe is needed, its going to be too fun watching the Banhammer hit all the people exploiting right now. They may think no one is watching but apparently they've never played an MMO before.

It's totally insane that the spells, item effects, dungeons, and quests that break are not just turned the **** off in a hotfix while the larger problem is handled.

Standing around watching people exploit something in a game this dependent on markets for rare items is just mindblowing. Is it a psych experiment? How many people do something naughty in two weeks?
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • lordxenitelordxenite Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    timm4444 wrote: »
    don't be lazy.

do a google or forum search. . .

information is not hard to find nowadays. . .
    Oh. I've been googling for the past hour, found no evidence to support your claim. I'll stop the search now cause frankly I've got better things to do (like play Mars War Logs) with my time.

Anyway, as long as Cryptic restricts gear-based design to max-level group-content I guess I could be satisfied with Foundry and alts.
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I thought Beta meant what Beta means in most games, just testing on a test server or server that will be wiped when game goes live. Now I find out in this game everyone used beta to get a head start and have all max out level and gear and hundreds of dollars worth of currency and items from exploits, not very encouraging to new players.

It is reasonable to expect in an mmo that on an official live release date you will be at an equal footing with everyone else, not just fodder for all the powergamers and exploiters and everyone who had a head start. Also will be harder for low levels and undergeared max level players to get decent groups if all the experienced players have max gear and level.

Whether this becomes just another f2p game I casually play for a few days here and there and spend nothing on or this becomes a game that I play regularly for years and spend hundreds on will depend a lot on how this situation is handled. Either wipe all the shards or make a new shard for the official release date. I don't see much point in trying this game out more otherwise.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • shazzarshazzar Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fotzik wrote:
    Sure, we inject a lot of AD everyday but no SINGLE player will have the ammount of wealth to combat the exploiters that have hundreds of million of AD. In the end they will control the market, not those that get 10k AD per day..

You think they are trying to "control the market" by flooding the auction house with really cheap high level items?? LOL

You sound like someone who is conjuring up a conspiracy theory about doom and gloom, when the reality is the opposite of what is inside your tin-foil hat head. I hate cheaters and exploiters just as much as any legit player, but I'm also realistic. The biggest impact I've experienced as a legit level 60 character is that, until I found out about what was going on, was very surprised by how cheap some of the rare items were on the auction house.

So I bought up a bunch of good lvl 60 gear, and ended up not even using most of it because I realized I was better off with the PVP gear that is provided by the game itself because I already had a lot of glory earned from doing PVP events and dailies for a week.

So there is really cheap gear because of exploiters, yet in just over a week I can get a full suit of the PVP gear and literally not be impacted at all by the market. I also find that leveling to 60 is very fast even when you just do normal content + skirmishes + legit foundry missions. You don't even NEED to exploit to succeed in this game, so how can you honestly believe that the game is ruined and needs a full wipe just because of some cheaters who find exploits??
    marc8219 wrote:
    I thought Beta meant what Beta means in most games, just testing on a test server or server that will be wiped when game goes live. Now I find out in this game everyone used beta to get a head start and have all max out level and gear and hundreds of dollars worth of currency and items from exploits, not very encouraging to new players.

It is reasonable to expect in an mmo that on an official live release date you will be at an equal footing with everyone else, not just fodder for all the powergamers and exploiters and everyone who had a head start. Also will be harder for low levels and undergeared max level players to get decent groups if all the experienced players have max gear and level.

Leveling up and gearing up are really fast and easy in this game. New players aren't going to have any more trouble than the legit players who started weeks or months earlier in the same boat.

Wiping all the servers, when they have already said there would be no more wipes hurts legit players more than anyone else, and would cause quite a few people to quit the game. I honestly do not see how people don't realize that.
  • robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    valvexen wrote: »
    So if they wipe everything, and then a few weeks down the road it happens again you gonna want a wipe again, were does it end.

It doesn't. It's always going to be "they have to do it my way, or I'm gonna quit". You can thank Blizzard for that, since they are the kings of the cavers.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • snake0ilsnake0il Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    marc8219 wrote: »

Whether this becomes just another f2p game I casually play for a few days here and there and spend nothing on or this becomes a game that I play regularly for years and spend hundreds on will depend a lot on how this situation is handled. Either wipe all the shards or make a new shard for the official release date. I don't see much point in trying this game out more otherwise.

My thoughts exactly. While the gaming industry is infamous for releasing unfinished products, what they've done here just takes the cake.

I don't think a wipe is feasible at this point but here's hoping there will be new shards once the game goes "live".
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    Flooding the market with cheap dungeon epic pretty much destroys the game. Why do I bother playing end game when I can buy the current best loot in the game from the AH for 45 AD ?
    edited May 2013
    Flooding the market with cheap dungeon epic pretty much destroys the game. Why do I bother playing end game when I can buy the current best loot in the game from the AH for 45 AD ?

How does it destroy the game? Is your only purpose for playing being to get the best loot? And who knows that loot might just get replaced by better gear. Who knows.
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    pboar2006 wrote: »
    How does it destroy the game? Is your only purpose for playing being to get the best loot? And who knows that loot might just get replaced by better gear. Who knows.

It destroys the experience. The purpose of the game is to work toward something you've achieved. If you get something for nothing ... it pretty much defeats the purpose of the game.
    edited May 2013

How ever did you play before you could buy gear in the AH? I know I looked today, and there were no upgrades for me in the AH. So I have to get them the old fashioned way. I realize this may be hard to believe, but you aren't forced to buy it from the AH. Unlike some other MMOs that I've played, the dungeons are instanced. This means that even if <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> exploiter is busy exploiting, you can still, I don't know, maybe run the dungeons yourself and try to get the gear the old fashioned way. I know that's what I'll end up doing.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
    edited May 2013
    It destroys the experience. The purpose of the game is to work toward something you've achieved. If you get something for nothing ... it pretty much defeats the purpose of the game.

So dont buy the gear on the AH, wow thats hard isnt it?
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shazzar wrote: »
    Leveling up and gearing up are really fast and easy in this game. New players aren't going to have any more trouble than the legit players who started weeks or months earlier in the same boat.

Wiping all the servers, when they have already said there would be no more wipes hurts legit players more than anyone else, and would cause quite a few people to quit the game. I honestly do not see how people don't realize that.

Well re-leveling won't be so much of a problem if its so fast then.

Without a wipe or new shard we will still have a ruined economy with all the exploited AD inflating the zen prices. No thanks, I will not bother playing a game where economy is ruined from the start, and will make sure to tell everyone to not bother with this as the economy is already broken and game full of exploiters. I don't know about how many people are already playing the game, but I don't think it can be nearly as much as they expect after the official live release date, and they need to think about all the new players comming then. I won't be able to recomend this game to anyone in its current state. Also I don't think anyone can really complain about stuff they did during beta being wiped, the key word there is beta.

Anyway I am not debating it anymore or willing to change my opinion, just making my opinions know to devs, take it or leave it.

Wipe all shards or make a new one. I don't want to play with these beta test exploits already having impacted the economy and playerbase.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
    edited May 2013
    Imagine this, you work hard killing off to the end boss and you defeat him with a sliver of HP left.. you felt exultation or your achievement because it's a tough boss... you get treasures .. wow.. an epic it drops.... then later you find out that your epic loot is worth 45 AD in the open market ..because exploiters has flooded the AH with hundreds like it. There goes the exultation, there goes the value of your "work". The thrill of receiving a "rare" treasure is gone.... you feel just emptiness because after all the deaths .. you got something that has no value. I don't expect you to understand this.
    edited May 2013
    Imagine this, you work hard killing off to the end boss and you defeat him with a sliver of HP left.. you felt exultation or your achievement because it's a tough boss... you get treasures .. wow.. an epic it drops.... then later you find out that your epic loot is worth 45 AD in the open market ..because exploiters has flooded the AH with hundreds like it. There goes the exultation, there goes the value of your "work". The thrill of receiving a "rare" treasure is gone.... you feel just emptiness because after all the deaths .. you got something that has no value. I don't expect you to understand this.

So wait, You just want epics to sell on the AH or you are letting the AH determine how much enjoyment you get from getting epics.
    edited May 2013

Well, since I believe that I shouldn't be rolling on gear that I can't use, I guess I'll just have to be a sad panda while I equip the gear and use it. It will be hard, but I'm sure I can find a way to console myself on getting my epic drop.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Sounds like you should have passed it to a party member that needed it rather than hitting need if you were just going to sell it. People needing on things to sell is a bigger problem than the exploits in leaving a bad taste in my mouth.
    edited May 2013
    Sounds to me that you two actually encourage people to cheat and cheapen the game. Whatever...
This discussion has been closed.