test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Game needs a full Character Wipe.

Comments

• Options
    jnaathrajnaathra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Delete this stupid thread already. Shesh.
    Scout Tragold - "I haven't lived this long by being brave... it's just another word for stupid."
  • Options
    robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    datemper wrote: »
    If someone abused exploits to 60 then they havn't earned there AD at 60 legit either.

I don't abuse exploits in any game I play,but I do try to keep up to date and not be ignorant of things that will effect me by the way of nerfs and other changes,which is what abuse of exploits leads to.

Lastly,the sooner this whole HotN verse F2P shiznat stops the sooner healthy discussion about the game flourishes.

I understand. Unfortunately, the Founders vs F2P was brought up by the OP over the course of the discussion. It's hard to take somebody seriously when it seems like they are biased against F2P, and feel like they shouldn't be able to do the things he thought he was going to be able to do with his AD, such as impact the market. So to me, this whole thread is the direct result of him not having the impact he thought he was going to have, and trying to rectify any perceived mistakes he made with a wipe.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    taemekeg wrote: »
    Because you are daft and only wish to see what you want or read in to it how you want.

Learn to read maybe? I dunno, it's not hard I guess, maybe for some.

Ethier way, other people have seen the issues and are on board with it. Needless to say, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the context of a post, it is just a shame that people like yourself try to cling to something that is currently effecting the entire game, not just the ecomony or the leveling process.

Paddle in your pool all you want and take it out of context all you like it doesn't change the fact that this is quickly becoming a game breaking issue on all aspects of the game across the board.

I read the post just fine. If they've already quit, what's it matter? You did, after all, claim that in your OP: But since you like formatting, let's do it:
    Imho, so many players have used and abused so many ways to level and cheat their way through to max level and farm millions of AD via exploits and in my eyes, these people have already quit the game.

There should be a full game wipe of all characters once all the issues are fixed and rectified.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • Options
    paragon33paragon33 Member Posts: 134 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    jnaathra wrote: »
    Delete this stupid thread already. Shesh.

yeah plz, we dont want them taking your edge away or anything~ now do we.
    Because if anyone actually cared about the longevity of this game they wouldn't be turned off by such things.
  • Options
    taemekegtaemekeg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 298 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I read the post just fine. If they've already quit, what's it matter? You did, after all, claim that in your OP: But since you like formatting, let's do it:

Daftness alert.

In my eyes, meaning in my opinion, those who have chosen to exploit have selected thier path they wish to travel, if PW fixes or bans these people, they will more then likely quit.

If this is the level of intelligence we can hope to see from our younger generation, humanity is doomed.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    paragon33 wrote: »
    Because if anyone actually cared about the longevity of this game they wouldn't be turned off by such things.

Did you read the OP? It's funny, because he shoots his whole premise in the foot, straight out of the gate:
    Imho, so many players have used and abused so many ways to level and cheat their way through to max level and farm millions of AD via exploits and in my eyes, these people have already quit the game.

There should be a full game wipe of all characters once all the issues are fixed and rectified.

Notice that most of the exploiters he claims here to have a problem have already quit the game? All that's left is "somebody has something that I don't".
  • Options
    wolfel1wolfel1 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Er... Does anyone just play this game to have fun?
  • Options
    taemekegtaemekeg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 298 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Did you read the OP? It's funny, because he shoots his whole premise in the foot, straight out of the gate:

Notice that most of the exploiters he claims here to have a problem have already quit the game? All that's left is "somebody has something that I don't".

Seriously mate, if you have nothing constructive to input here, then please don't post.

Your constant derailing and lack of reading comprehension is the only thing that is funny here, nothing else.

As you were, keep taking people out of context and playing a game that exploiters are quickly destroying acting as if it doesn;t effect you.
  • Options
    gingervitosgingervitos Member Posts: 275 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    paragon33 wrote: »

That was somewhat accusing. Were is your proof this poster exploits?

Git Gud M8!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Cause I'm worth it. Playing since 2009.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Daftness alert.

In my eyes, meaning in my opinion, those who have chosen to exploit have selected thier path they wish to travel, if PW fixes or bans these people, they will more then likely quit.

If this is level of intelligence we can hope to see from our younger generation, humanity is doomed.

DoB: 05/13/1963. Yep, I'm part of the younger generation. You see, I see the problem here as something a lot simpler: Not enough boots to asses and more Time Out. If there had been less parents buying into "If you spank me, I'm calling the SRS and getting you arrested", and had instead put some more boots to asses, there'd be more people willing to punish the wrong doers, instead of calling for everyone to pay for their mistakes. You have been all over the spectrum with your complaints about people in this game, including the claim to entitlement since you paid to play, and feel like anyone that didn't shouldn't be allowed an opinion, at least, not on the forums, and you likely believe, based entirely on your posting style and the fact that you came up with that asinine position, that I shouldn't have the right to an opinion since I didn't pay what you did. No, it's not daft to not buy into your entitlement scenario. You didn't have the impact you wanted on the economy with your Founder's Pack, so we all need to start over so you can try again.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    DoB: 05/13/1963. Yep, I'm part of the younger generation. You see, I see the problem here as something a lot simpler: Not enough boots to asses and more Time Out. If there had been less parents buying into "If you spank me, I'm calling the SRS and getting you arrested", and had instead put some more boots to asses, there'd be more people willing to punish the wrong doers, instead of calling for everyone to pay for their mistakes. You have been all over the spectrum with your complaints about people in this game, including the claim to entitlement since you paid to play, and feel like anyone that didn't shouldn't be allowed an opinion, at least, not on the forums, and you likely believe, based entirely on your posting style and the fact that you came up with that asinine position, that I shouldn't have the right to an opinion since I didn't pay what you did. No, it's not daft to not buy into your entitlement scenario. You didn't have the impact you wanted on the economy with your Founder's Pack, so we all need to start over so you can try again.

You sir, are nothing short of moronic.

Good day.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Seriously mate, if you have nothing constructive to input here, then please don't post.

Your constant derailing and lack of reading comprehension is the only thing that is funny here, nothing else.

As you were, keep taking people out of context and playing a game that exploiters are quickly destroying acting as if it doesn;t effect you.

There is nothing constructive about either your OP, or your stated opinions in the ensuing conversation. Seriously: "People that don't pay shouldn't be allowed to have an opinion on the forums"? Seriously? This is, after all, your opinion. So tell me, what's constructive about that? Like I said, and will keep saying: You didn't have the impact on the game you wanted to have for the money you spent, so now you want to transfer that perceived influence to everyone through a wipe so you can start over and rectify your own mistakes at handling your money. So no, I don't see your OP, or your ideas as anything like legit, but only as a means to an end, and that end is fixing your mistakes.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You sir, are nothing short of moronic.

Good day.

Hmmm, he hit the nail on the head, didn't he? Now all you can do is call him a moron.
  • Options
    inexgravinexgrav Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pukmp.jpg
  • Options
    uglavauglava Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im sorry what?
    I'm level 39 already, and its been 3 days...whats 100 hours are you exactly talking about
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    inexgrav wrote: »
    true. everybody afk in pvp with 5x same account

So ban the accounts, instead of resetting the servers? Logic prevails. They can't affect the economy, or cheat to level, if they're banned.
  • Options
    nataliemi971nataliemi971 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This OP is another bitter person looking for attention. No way you will convince him because warped people like this convince themselves that only their opinions matter. He browses responses praising everyone who agrees with him, and insulting and lashing out at anyone who dares to argue with him even though many arguments are intelligent.

Just get on his level and start the flame.

OP: Worthless attention ***** person on the internet is a worthless attention *****.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    wolfel1 wrote: »
    Hmmm, he hit the nail on the head, didn't he? Now all you can do is call him a moron.

He hit nothing but air and has no clue what he is talking about, I still have all my AD and what I have spent I spent to open up guild bank slots for the guild, I sacarficed my AD for the better of a *community*.

I really don't care how he tries to put everyone in to the same stereotype, what ever floats his boat, but some of us are passionate about games and when we see a decent game getting destroyed by exploiters, we try to help out where we can. The moronic call was because he tried to accuse childrens upbringings as justification as how they act over the internet, yet he appears to be doing a pretty good job looking like one of those same kids to me. Maybe he needs more spanks as he calls it? This isn't physc class 101 anyways.

You can ethier accept how the game is in its current downward spiral state and pretend it doesnt effect you even though we all know it does OR be part of the solution.

Which one are you? Solution or problem? robetthetard has clearly chosen problem.
  • Options
    beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fact: there will be no wipe. Fact: There are tons of abusers of exploits and it has damaged the game. There will need to be other actions taken to help the game survive. This entire thread is a complete waste of time with all of it's opinions/theories/bs as there will not be any wipe. How long are you mods going to let this joke of thread run for?
  • Options
    pojzonpojzon Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are YOU EVEN OUT OF MIND ???

IF DONATORS SAY THEY WANNA GET THEYR CASH BACK COZ GAME RULES HAS BEEN BROKEN AND THEY ARE ON ICE NOW
    PWE HAS TO PAY THEM ALL THE CASH THEY SPENT ON GAME...

ALLREADY SEEN LIKE HUNDRED PPL ASKING FOR REFOUND ... jeezz Get some f brain that it doesnt matter what f2p players say when most of donators are pissed off and want a refound. Same for me. Such acts like now are law proof in USA and they will have to give my cash back. There also might be full content wipe but heros will stay on their lvl...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    He hit nothing but air and has no clue what he is talking about, I still have all my AD and what I have spent I spent to open up guild bank slots for the guild, I sacarficed my AD for the better of a *community*.

So which is it? You have all your AD, or you spent some on the guild, because you say both in this line. So, based entirely on this, how am I supposed to take you seriously, since you can't even maintain a coherent line of thought in one sentence?
    I really don't care how he tries to put everyone in to the same stereotype, what ever floats his boat, but some of us are passionate about games and when we see a decent game getting destroyed by exploiters, we try to help out where we can.

Oh, so now I'm stereotyping people for calling you out on your position? Do you know what that word means, or is it that you're hoping that a word with more than 5 letters will confuse people? The best way you can help the community is to call for a ban of the exploiters, thus removing their impact on the game. Anything else comes down to more self serving issues.
    You can ethier accept how the game is in its current downward spiral state and pretend it doesnt effect you even though we all know it does OR be part of the solution.

Which one are you? Solution or problem? robetthetard has clearly chosen problem.

Yes, because calling for bans to punish the exploiters is exploiting the game for my benefit, wait... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    thewongerthewonger Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    if there is a major problem with people exploiting vast amounts of AD, the obvious solution, to me, would be to :

1. Fix the exploits.
    2. Ban as many offenders as you can

- if the economy is truly beyond repair, maybe they need to wipe all current AD from the game and reset the market. Of course the Heroes and Guardians would get back all their purchased AD. The auction would have to be reset as well.

This way they could get around their statement of "no more wipes" and fix the problem at the same time.

I dunno, just brainstorming here.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    thewonger wrote: »
    if there is a major problem with people exploiting vast amounts of AD, the obvious solution, to me, would be to :

1. Fix the exploits.

- if the economy is truly beyond repair, maybe they need to wipe all current AD from the game and reset the market. Of course the Heroes and Guardians would get back all their purchased AD. The auction would have to be reset as well.

This way they could get around their statement of "no more wipes" and fix the problem at the same time.

Yeah this has been suggested a few times.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    How about just wiping all the AD and switching to a coin-based economy? People who purchased AD could receive gold instead.

In D&D 4E, one astral diamond is worth 10, 000 gp. It seems like the values have been flipped in this game, with 1 gp being worth 10, 000 AD in terms of buying power. They could convert the AD to gold based on the latter formula.
  • Options
    braddassbraddass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 108
    edited May 2013
    thewonger wrote: »

1. Fix the exploits.

Great idea!
    I am a Lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)
  • Options
    paragon33paragon33 Member Posts: 134 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I don't want a rollback... And I don't mind if the founders get what they paid for. Even if I lose everything. (Its fair)
    But its needed to fix this.
    They can fix this entire downhill trend right now by just taking the hit now.
    Otherwise this game is going to dramatically lose its momentum :/ before its even released lol...
    Its not like they lose a dime, they simply refund all Zen to accounts; which then goes right back into the economy after servers reset.

Not to mention gear needs to be made BoP; especially if they are not going to enforce abuse from exploiting. (mainly content and gear.) Doesn't matter how fast people lvl; let people have that.

Common guys you have a gem here; don't follow the doomsayers trend... Step up.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    For those who keep spouting bans, bans are so out of the question now because there is thousands upon thousands of accounts that have been generated for free and to sacarfice manpower to investigating every account to warrant if its worth banning or not would take months.

The game needs a full wipe after the issues and problems have been found, fixed for good and we can all happily start again and enjoy the game the way these game designers invisioned it.

I find it to be selfish to even remotely consider that people who claim thier less then 24 hours playing total is some how worth more then the game designers 5+ years of full time work they have applied to this game.

How would you honestly feel if you spent 5 years of your life pouring your imagination in to something like this only to watch it go down the tube like it is?

Dramatic? No not at all, passionate and driven.

If it was as easy as simply banning people, they would be doing it. I know people who have been abusing these exploits for weeks, when can we expect them to be banned? 1 month? 2 months? 6 months?

Seriously, banning is so far out of the question now that if they don't do something, the game will bleed players.

On a final note, anyone else notice the game has been updated to a Live status in thier network with no announcement as yet? I wonder how many people got in for a full refund before they pushed it into a Live state to counter anymore refunds?
  • Options
    nectarprimenectarprime Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Kids these days.... complaining about how others play a game.....
  • Options
    thewongerthewonger Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, in the end, it's not like this is some kind of PvP-centric based game where it really matters what the other guy has gear-wise. It's a relaxed MMORPG using the D&D IP - nothing more, nothing less.

I honestly don't really care what some crazy exploiter has that's better than me. It's w/e - however - I have already received emails in game from friggin' gold sellers with AD for $x amount... if the farmers are able to exploit millions of AD and sell it for real cash, we have a serious issue.
  • Options
    sirkimjongsirkimjong Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 97
    edited May 2013
    I was VERY much against this idea a few days ago. I've seen it happen myself now though, I'm up for a wipe.
    The economy is screwed over and we're not even live. That's laughable and horrible.

I've spend 40 euro's on this game in the past 2 weeks, simple because I enjoy it. But the way things are now, I see no reason to keep playing for longer periods of time, it'll just bite me in the ***. So many bugs, exploits and people cheating.. They've pretty much burried themselves before the real launch, sad..
This discussion has been closed.