Install Arc
Options

Game needs a full Character Wipe.

Comments

• Options
    cocksworthcocksworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    charononus wrote: »
    Your doom will happen if a wipe is done as well. I know several people myself included that have not exploited, have spent money, and would do charge backs and quit if a wipe is done. Please think thru the consequences of your suggestions. Your suggestion amounts to close servers before open beta finishes.

Open beta isn't going to "finish" this game is live and launched so if something is NOT done about the exploited items that have flooded the AH and continue to pretty much all content released from this point on will be tainted by hundreds (conservative estimate) of people with millions in ill gotten AD. Banning them won't do anything because all you need to make accounts is a valid e-mail and launcher.

So you quitting over them fixing a now broken game isn't really something that needs to be taken into account.
  • Options
    alpha1protocolalpha1protocol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 84
    edited May 2013
    taemekeg wrote: »
    Imho, so many players have used and abused so many ways to level and cheat their way through to max level and farm millions of AD via exploits and in my eyes, these people have already quit the game.

There should be a full game wipe of all characters once all the issues are fixed and rectified.

That is something you are free to exercise on your own. I have been playing since open beta started and my highest level toon is 30...

The people that exploited their way to 60 represent a much smaller portion of the player base than would justify punishing every single player.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cocksworth wrote: »
    Open beta isn't going to "finish" this game is live and launched so if something is NOT done about the exploited items that have flooded the AH and continue to pretty much all content released from this point on will be tainted by hundreds (conservative estimate) of people with millions in ill gotten AD. Banning them won't do anything because all you need to make accounts is a valid e-mail and launcher.

So you quitting over them fixing a now broken game isn't really something that needs to be taken into account.
    I can say the same thing of you quitting over economy issues that will filter out a month or two after exploits are fixed from ad sinks doesn't need to be taken into account.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dont know why people are getting so confushed with all this nonsense. PWE/Cryptic already said no more wipes. Character wipes arnt going to happen again ever. Most of the playerbase doesnt even look at the forums so moaning here isnt going to cause Cryptic to change their stance.

Go shout at the tide ask it to stop , your more likely to get a result.
  • Options
    nenad352838nenad352838 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That is something you are free to exercise on your own. I have been playing since open beta started and my highest level toon is 30...

The people that exploited their way to 60 represent a much smaller portion of the player base than would justify punishing every single player.

And it takes like 2 days of casual playing to get to lvl30....jeez talk about that much time and effort invested to be worried about character wipe which is only thing that can fix this state of the game....
  • Options
    maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Your doom will happen if a wipe is done as well. I know several people myself included that have not exploited, have spent money, and would do charge backs and quit if a wipe is done. Please think thru the consequences of your suggestions. Your suggestion amounts to close servers before open beta finishes.
    And you think it won't happen the other way around as well?

I'm certainly considering it.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • Options
    alpha1protocolalpha1protocol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 84
    edited May 2013

How is the game broken? I'm sure the economy will recover eventually.

From what I hear there really is no endgame anyway...

What's the point of getting T2 gear if their currently is no progression beyond that?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    Dont know why people are getting so confushed with all this nonsense. PWE/Cryptic already said no more wipes. Character wipes arnt going to happen again ever. Most of the playerbase doesnt even look at the forums so moaning here isnt going to cause Cryptic to change their stance.

Go shout at the tide ask it to stop , your more likely to get a result.

Cryptic also said that AD would have real world value but it's a pointless decoration that exploiters fill their bags with.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    And it takes like 2 days of casual playing to get to lvl30....jeez talk about that much time and effort invested to be worried about character wipe which is only thing that can fix this state of the game....

Im not an idiot.. I leveled my wifes CW to 25 in about 9 hours..

I have paid real $$ for things in game... and no.. I have a life that doesn't revolve around rerolling because of a very few individuals that exploited.
  • Options
    datemperdatemper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    I didn't say anything about anyone's motivations. I just stated a fact - the economy started unbalanced. Large amounts of instant AD is large amounts of instant AD, regardless of the person who has it.... it's still there, being used, and warping the initial economy. No malice intended.

edit: of course, the big market wheeler-dealers certainly took advantage of the fact that their fellow head-starters had piles o' diamonds to spend.

2.5 million AD is chump change to Zen/AD/Gold dealers and market players.Again if I play 24/7 (yes I do have the time to play 24/7) and exclusively play for AD gain,2.5 million is chump change.

With only playing a few hours every other day at present (sometimes just logging on to collect) I've made more than 250k AD and that's basically doing absolutely nothing of note in game on a level 25 character.I shiver to think how much I could make if I fill my character roster (six slots) and play the Eco game.
  • Options
    nenad352838nenad352838 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How is the game broken? I'm sure the economy will recover eventually.

From what I hear there really is no endgame anyway...

What's the point of getting T2 gear if their currently is no progression beyond that?

Because they are planing to make raids and more stuff DUH! But if they ignore they wont need to even bother making new content when many people wont be playing the game....less people=less money=no new content=even less players=game over.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    datemper wrote: »
    2.5 million AD is chump change to Zen/AD/Gold dealers and market players.Again if I play 24/7 (yes I do have the time to play 24/7) and exclusively play for AD gain,2.5 million is chump change.

With only playing a few hours every other day at present (sometimes just logging on to collect) I've made more than 250k AD and that's basically doing absolutely nothing of note in game on a level 25 character.I shiver to think how much I could make if I fill my character roster (six slots) and play the Eco game.

It's not 2.5m one exploiter has confirmed profits of 200 mil AD from the AH via screenshots. That's one person. That's why we're upset because Cryptic seems to not give a **** about the scope of the issue.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Because they are planing to make raids and more stuff DUH! But if they ignore they wont need to even bother making new content when many people wont be playing the game....less people=less money=no new content=even less players=game over.

Please point me to the official dev link that states their will be raids and more stuff DUH!
  • Options
    pzzdachupzzdachu Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They would have to credit my visa 500+ dollars I spent on this game, not just me but everyone else like me that has spent quite a bit of monies into the game.

Please stop for a second, and put your thinking cap on... do you seriously believe that they will give wipe and give everyones money back?

Didn't think so either.
    No they wipe and give you your purchased Zen back. It's how it worked in MWO. A reset would wipe your progress and refund your Purchased in-game currency. You never accidentally erased your game save before? This would only be half as bad. I have over $1500 paid into MWO. If they wipe the game they will give me my purchased currency in full and I would start over... just really really rich in game.
    Allow me to introduce myself, I am P'zzd Achu.
  • Options
    robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    taemekeg wrote: »
    Well that only fixes one part of a problem that exsists in many aspects of the game.

Then you have to delete and ban foundry abusers, AD exploit farming abusers, quest exploit farming abusers and so on.

Yeah, you know, ban the people that broke the rules, which is the way it's supposed to be done. Of course, following your posts throughout the thread, you'll also want to ban any F2P player that has more AD than you, or posted on the forums with complaints about the game, since according to you, F2P players don't have the right to have or express their opinions on the forum.

If they made their AD legitimately, I don't care about how much AD they have. If they are doing it via the loot ninja thing, it's bad form, and disrespectful, but it's not an exploit. If I'm the group leader, they'll be kicked too, but, it's not a bannable offence. It's also no excuse to wipe the servers. I don't care how much AD somebody has, but reading your posts, it's a big time issue, since it seems like you feel that anyone that's F2P that has more AD than you had to have cheated, right? I'm basing that entirely on reading your posts in this thread.

So no. What they should do is ban the exploiters. They shouldn't need to take everything away from legitimate players to "fix" the game. I know I have used 0 exploits to get where I'm not at. At this stage, a wipe wouldn't hurt me too bad, since I haven't put a lot of time into it, but others have, legitimately, and shouldn't have to start over because someone made more AD than you.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    pzzdachu wrote: »
    No they wipe and give you your purchased Zen back. It's how it worked in MWO. A reset would wipe your progress and refund your Purchased in-game currency. You never accidentally erased your game save before? This would only be half as bad. I have over $1500 paid into MWO. If they wipe the game they will give me my purchased currency in full and I would start over... just really really rich in game.
    Depending on where I was in the game yeah that stopped me from playing, sometimes permanently (some games I still never beat because of getting deleted near endgame), sometimes for a good six months or more. I don't think I'm alone in this and I don't think I'm a small %. Even still it wouldn't be my mistake in this it would be the game developers, a better analogy might be the game corrupted your hard drive / memory card and you lost your save from it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    "So no. What they should do is ban the exploiters. They shouldn't need to take everything away from legitimate players to "fix" the game."

Which thousand free to play accounts should they start the round of bans with? Maybe get the guy twirling his mustache in town's center holding bags with $ signs on them.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    maho4200 wrote: »
    And you think it won't happen the other way around as well?

I'm certainly considering it.
    I'm playing a numbers game. If I was to place a bet I'd put the number quitting because of the economy as under 300. I'd put the number that would quit from a wipe at above 3000.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm playing a numbers game. If I was to place a bet I'd put the number quitting because of the economy as under 300. I'd put the number that would quit from a wipe at above 3000.

No one is going to quit if they don't fix the economy playing the game will just stop meaning anything.
  • Options
    gruntykillfacegruntykillface Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    johnny305 wrote: »
    It probably messed up the economy too since many people exploit even the highest lvl 60 dungeons on top of getting to 60 through exploits.

Imagine all the AD they got and great gear they got all free through exploits and then other people either have to spend 100x the hours played or real money to get what they got fast, free and by cheating.

So? Why do you care how other people play the game? If they want to "cheat and exploit" their way to max level, it's their business. It's their necks they are risking and not yours. Play the game as you will and don't bother the neighbors.
  • Options
    favdesufavdesu Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    good thing I read the forums before buying in. Did they hire the Diablo 3 team for this game? Only fixes and a wipe can help this game.
  • Options
    askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    favdesu wrote: »
    good thing I read the forums before buying in. Did they hire the Diablo 3 team for this game? Only fixes and a wipe can help this game.

Yup. Since they implemented damage meters and made every dungeon run a speed rush contest that appears how they want this community to develop. But since half the population was using all these exploits this entire game is just corrupted and polluted now. Slowly becoming a complete fail release.
  • Options
    robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    inc0gnegr0 wrote: »
    Of course it didn't happen, because a company would be stupid to allow someone to steal something rather than paying for it like everyone else.

And there IS actual value in an economy. Even a virtual economy. Even more so in one where real money is involved. I would be in favor of a wipe and refund of Zen that was purchased with cash, which people can use to buy their stuff back. People who won a mount/companion in nightmare box should be given one again. All is fair then. Only thing lost is time spent playing (which isnt much as it takes about 3 days to max level by questing), and the game/economy wont be broken. (This should of course be after all the bugs/exploits are fixed)

Except that there are some that are claiming that the initial break in the economy, compounded by exploiters, was the Founder's Packs, and those people, including myself, would have to have their AD restored since they paid for it. So it's not going to "fix" anything, except that the OP will feel better, since he'll have more AD than F2P players.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    No one is going to quit if they don't fix the economy playing the game will just stop meaning anything.

The game doesn't really "mean" anything anyway.. I am having trouble understanding..

Are you saying that you won't be able to brag about how awesome you are to people irl because you play a NW that never had any exploits..

Ridiculous notion..
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yup. Since they implemented damage meters and made every dungeon run a speed rush contest that appears how they want this community to develop. But since half the population was using all these exploits this entire game is just corrupted and polluted now. Slowly becoming a complete fail release.

Actually the meters at the end of the run are somewhat amusing.. and I don't have to watch people beg for dps links.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    .. I am having trouble understanding....

About sums up the other side of the argument in this thread. Everyone who didn't exploit is being punished by the results and you don't care. Nothing else to understand really.
  • Options
    paragon33paragon33 Member Posts: 134 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    So? Why do you care how other people play the game? If they want to "cheat and exploit" their way to max level, it's their business. It's their necks they are risking and not yours. Play the game as you will and don't bother the neighbors.

for the 500th time because they saturate the economy with the end game gear... Driving the price to entry and T1 already to chump change. T2 is about to hit 4-15k... Y don't you people understand its not actually about the economy, thats already borked; but how it erodes, cannibalizes, depreciates the (end game) content. Aka the longevity of the game... This includes crafting... Assets have also been flooded in via exploit. Its not an exaggeration either; so much is in the market that people are having hard time selling now. Its as close as you can get to duping without duping... lol come on. **** flys right over yalls heads.
    Yes now everyone and anyone can afford t1-2 before they are even 60... The game has been maxed out before its even officially released. The population is going to crumble within a month if they dont do anything.
  • Options
    datemperdatemper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

The vast majority already got punished......guess you didn't catch the changes to the foundry and sadly the foundry is what would've kept this game fresh and alive for years to come.I also believe devs aren't finished with foundry *fixes* yet and leave it at that.
  • Options
    zorpennzorpenn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Are all of you still talking? PWE dont give a ****. There will be no wipe.
    Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    About sums up the other side of the argument in this thread. Everyone who didn't exploit is being punished by the results and you don't care. Nothing else to understand really.

of course I care... I have several million AD and haven't spent a single AD yet... I am much more concerned about having to level the same toon again, than the perils of a temporarily inflated economy.
This discussion has been closed.