What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Game needs a full Character Wipe.

Comments

• Options
    skoakfoldskoakfold Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OP IS MAD that he was late to the party!
  • Options
    combatcascombatcas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They screwed themselves in a rush to open the cash shop and rake it in; Gear has flooded the market, it costs a lot less for those who convert cash= PW makes less.. AD have been farmed to an insane degree and converted to PW currency so they basically gave away money.. Every lvl 60 has easy and cheap access to full top end gear with no real reason to work for it. Those who want to play for it feel cheated because why work for something you cant really be proud of.. Max gear level leaves nowhere to go, for a game that hasn't launched yet maxing out gear is a bit problematic..

Non Wipeable Beta = Huge Mistake.

You don't tattoo without a template or build without blueprints or shoot without a confirmed target because if you screw up: YOU CAN"T GO BACK. Even a child understands this concept.

We wouldn't be passionate if we weren't impassioned; I like this game more everyday and it makes me even more furious that it's being treated with so much contempt (my guess is by the administration or "the money" and not the people who actually put their effort in to building it as I'm sure they are far more disgusted at what is becoming of their work than we as players will ever be capable of).
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They need to track down the exploiters and come down on them hard. Expunge their ill-gotten gains and set a precedent that this kind of behavior won't be tolerated. At the same time, they should "post a bounty" for reporting exploiters, (through the proper channels of course), as well as for reporting potential exploits and/or bugs. For instance, what if they made a giant bug mount, (no not the armored spider), and gave it to anyone, for free, who reported a significant bug or exploited without they themselves taking advantage of it?

It's all a matter of how much time and effort the devs are willing to put into tracking down these people... if they're lazy, they'll patch the exploit, throw their hands up, and let those that profited just continue on their merry way...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    taemekegtaemekeg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 298 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    skoakfold wrote: »
    OP IS MAD that he was late to the party!

Late to the exploiting party? No.
  • Options
    taemekegtaemekeg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 298 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    combatcas wrote: »
    They screwed themselves in a rush to open the cash shop and rake it in; Gear has flooded the market, it costs a lot less for those who convert cash= PW makes less.. AD have been farmed to an insane degree and converted to PW currency so they basically gave away money.. Every lvl 60 has easy and cheap access to full top end gear with no real reason to work for it. Those who want to play for it feel cheated because why work for something you cant really be proud of.. Max gear level leaves nowhere to go, for a game that hasn't launched yet maxing out gear is a bit problematic..

Non Wipeable Beta = Huge Mistake.

You don't tattoo without a template or build without blueprints or shoot without a confirmed target because if you screw up: YOU CAN"T GO BACK. Even a child understands this concept.

We wouldn't be passionate if we weren't impassioned; I like this game more everyday and it makes me even more furious that it's being treated with so much contempt (my guess is by the administration or "the money" and not the people who actually put their effort in to building it as I'm sure they are far more disgusted at what is becoming of their work than we as players will ever be capable of).

For the reading impaired, ^ this post spells it out.
  • Options
    rycegamingrycegaming Member Posts: 59
    edited May 2013
    Add Higher Tier PVP gears and fix AFKING, and I will play. PVE is a joke right now because of exploited stuff that already happened.
  • Options
    vaaso189vaaso189 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Where do all these numbers come from?! Do they come from the black hole? :D 90% will quit! 100% have already quit! I quit! 101% are already lvl 60! 88.65% will move on to another game within 2 months and 15.3 days!

Hilarious thread ^_^
    He said my story was cool. And he called me bro.
  • Options
    datemperdatemper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'd go further and pull Neverwinter back into closed beta.

I've invested in Neverwinter and like to see it succeed,but fear it won't in it's current state.
  • Options
    corporation01corporation01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm done unless there is a complete wipe.
  • Options
    gnostergnoster Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This might be me missing something, what exploit are we talking about? i'm level 60 and farming dungeons for gear, and haven't heard off or seen any.
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why does everyone think wiping is the only solution? If I were to offer an alternate solution which would in theory keep everyone happy, would that make people happy?
  • Options
    akrylumakrylum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    pw / cryptic where are you ?? We need answers !
  • Options
    maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    lyokira wrote: »
    Why does everyone think wiping is the only solution? If I were to offer an alternate solution which would in theory keep everyone happy, would that make people happy?
    Because nothing short of a wipe would work.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • Options
    zorpennzorpenn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    akrylum wrote: »

there was an answer already: "No wipes whatsoever"
    Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it.
  • Options
    arcbladezarcbladez Member Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Why is this thread always being bumped up? There isn't gonna be any wipe, people. The game is too far in the beta, people have already spend so much money into this game. People who exploited to 60 aren't affecting anyone, other than maybe PVP cause they are ahead of everyone, but guess what? This game is mainly a PVE game, not PVP!

Not to mention, there is a really easy way to find out who exploited to 60. Just look at the logs to see who is 60 and has a very low play time! Create a report of all character's playtime, find the ones with only a few hour playtimes, then find the level 60's, then look at each one to see how they reached 60 and start smashing the BAN Hammer!

Problem solved!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    maho4200 wrote: »
    Because nothing short of a wipe would work.

I suggest new shards, of which there would be stricter enforcement against exploits, and which would do rollbacks, or wipes if need be, in cases of gamebreaking exploits.
  • Options
    maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    arcbladez wrote: »
    why is this thread always being bumped up? There isn't gonna be any wipe, people. The game is too far in the beta, people have already spend so much money into this game. People who exploited to 60 aren't affecting anyone, other than maybe pvp cause they are ahead of everyone, but guess what? This game is mainly a pve game, not pvp!

Not to mention, there is a really easy way to find out who exploited to 60. Just look at the logs to see who is 60 and has a very low play time! Create a report of all character's playtime, find the ones with only a few hour playtimes, then find the level 60's, then look at each one to see how they reached 60 and start smashing the ban hammer!

Problem solved!

wooooosh...

(that means this thread went over your head in case you didn't get it)

No one cares about people that cheated their way to 60, this thread is about the game economy.
  • Options
    datemperdatemper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I suggest new shards, of which there would be stricter enforcement against exploits, and which would do rollbacks, or wipes if need be, in cases of gamebreaking exploits.

The exisiting shards are to be merged at some point,creating new shards is not a possibility and Cryptic is not interested in unique shards that offer differing rules (eg.Role Play Server,open PvP server)
  • Options
    rojorrojor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    akrylum wrote: »

/agree

Some official word on the easy endgame gear ,cw's and gf's facerolling bosses through exploits. They dealt with the outrageous ogres quickly enough so i'm a bit mystified as to why they are not at lest putting out a "we are aware of the problem and are working hard on a solution" type statement.
  • Options
    adjuchasbrokkadjuchasbrokk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wouldn't be apposed to a character wipe if there were no other solutions. The only people who seem to want to avoid it are those who have a vested interested in maintaining the status quo.
    [Foundry Projects]
    The Sunken Castle
    - NW-DEO4EA5XG -
    - A story driven dungeon crawl! -
  • Options
    noshiznoshiz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    There is no need for a wipe, also you can lvl fast if you want, so someone exploiting to 60 isn't really affecting anyone at all. I play 3 days and i am 32 already.
    fs_49316d8a5de21281b0f4fc8f0089006b.png
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    noshiz wrote: »
    There is no need for a wipe, also you can lvl fast if you want, so someone exploiting to 60 isn't really affecting anyone at all. I play 3 days and i am 32 already.
    /facepalm

This isn't about getting to level 60, seriously read before posting.
  • Options
    yupp99yupp99 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 45
    edited May 2013
    gohlar wrote: »
    Let's all obsess over what everyone else does!

If that don't hit the nail on the head.All these people having kittens over what other folks do.It don't matter which game.It is a game.Have fun.I level 43 and I going take my sweet time getting there.How quick or slow someone else levels doesn't mean jack to me.It is a frelling game.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    datemper wrote: »
    The exisiting shards are to be merged at some point,creating new shards is not a possibility and Cryptic is not interested in unique shards that offer differing rules (eg.Role Play Server,open PvP server)

I don't suppose you have official word on everything else other than that shard merging? And compared to character wipe, making new shards is a far less drastic action, which would also solve the various issues mentioned here.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    yupp99 wrote: »
    If that don't hit the nail on the head.All these people having kittens over what other folks do.It don't matter which game.It is a game.Have fun.I level 43 and I going take my sweet time getting there.How quick or slow someone else levels doesn't mean jack to me.It is a frelling game.
    Are you guys that dense?

This is about the game economy NOT people exploiting to get to 60 fast, no one cares about that.
  • Options
    xantrisxantris Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They just need to ban all the accounts(and associated accounts where people may have laundered AD/items to) that exploited and do their best to seize items/AD that where a result of exploitation WITHOUT affecting people that innocently bought it off the AH.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    xantris wrote: »
    They just need to ban all the accounts that exploited and do their best to seize items/AD that where a result of exploitation WITHOUT affecting people that innocently bought it off the AH

Which is for all intents and purposes more or less impossible without either having false bannings or missing some accounts.
  • Options
    xantrisxantris Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Which is for all intents and purposes more or less impossible without either having false bannings or missing some accounts.

Nothing's perfect, but its better than a wipe that would generate tremendous bad press and ill-will
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    xantris wrote: »
    Nothing's perfect, but its better than a wipe that would generate tremendous bad press and ill-will

There are other options, like relegating the current shards into legacy status and making a new stricter shard.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    yupp99 wrote: »

True,nobody should be concerned how fast others level legitimately.I've bolded the important word.

Allowing cheating/exploiting to happen for too long without exploits being fixed and the abusers unpunished does not bode well for any developers game.It encourages *exploit early and exploit often* gameplay.

You may feel different when your experience points are halved or loot is diminished or maybe content that your currently playing is completely removed.Already legit players pay the penalty for exploit abusers through the fixing of the foundry.

Will you stay apathetic until it only affects you ? Who will be left to stand by your side when you eventually have issues about limited or pulled content because a few thousand individuals decided to abuse bugs/exploits rather than report and move on ?
This discussion has been closed.