test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game needs a full Character Wipe.

Comments

• timm4444timm4444 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 363
    edited May 2013
    etherealj wrote: »
    You keep adding words to this that I'm not using. Radical? Exp is already halved on repeat. How about they change the .5 to .1 or even 0?
    Why wasn't the Lair of the Pirate King turned off til the exploit could be patched? There were 4 pages of Brutal Lizardfolk Scimitars on the ah the last time I looked.
    How about hotfixing the billion damage set bonus exploits?

None of this is particularly radical.

Even just turning off or disabling certain dungeons or quests in a timely manner would have done great things for the state of the game.

Do you have access to source code for this game?

Do you have the knowledge to fix these exploits?

are you aware that code behaves interdependently and that simply disabling a portion of it might cause even bigger problems in said code?

My point is, if it was a simple as flipping a switch or pushing a button it would have been done already. . .
  • rhazes1rhazes1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
    timm4444 wrote: »
    Do you have access to source code for this game?

Do you have the knowledge to fix these exploits?

are you aware that code behaves interdependently and that simply disabling a portion of it might cause even bigger problems in said code?

My point is, if it was a simple as flipping a switch or pushing a button it would have been done already. . .

Most other MMO companies seem to be able to do disable or hotfixs things pretty quickly.
    I spend all day reading every thread and letting people know this is BETA.
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

That is awfully optimistic.

Incidentally, they made the Icespire quest unsharable in a maintenance patch. That neither took a lot of effort nor did it break anything else.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • pzzdachupzzdachu Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes but the company can recall your car to fix it if it was broken and give you back a good safe car.

MWO Online sells paints for the Mechs. The system was <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> at first. They made fixes. Then they refunded every penny spent in game to buy paints to every player. Now we had to buy our paints again under the new prices and I got back all my color schemes, plus I got to keep the styles permanently. I even had enough game cash left over to by a "Hero Mech" (Zen purchase only). They chaned teh New player earning system and gave all the old players a bonus of XP and C-Bills(gold pieces). Not all resets are a bad thing and if you already know the system you can make up your losses very quickly. Maybe no the levels, but what is the sense of maxing out our character early anyway? you will just be bored cause you are a god among men.
    Allow me to introduce myself, I am P'zzd Achu.
  • timm4444timm4444 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 363
    edited May 2013

Incidentally, they made the Icespire quest unsharable in a maintenance patch. That neither took a lot of effort nor did it break anything else.

its obvious you have no coding background, and missed the point entirely. . .
    edited May 2013
    rhazes1 wrote: »
    Most other MMO companies seem to be able to do disable or hotfixs things pretty quickly.

really?

Diablo 3 RMAH exploit that lasted almost a month, making gold super inflated. . .

COH Crafting exploit that lasted 3 months. . .

WoW Icecrown loot exploit that lasted 3 weeks. . .

EQ gold duping exploit that lasted almost 3 months. . .

EvE Militia exploit that lasted 6 months. . .

. . .the list goes on. . .
  • robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Having coded in both NWN and NWN 2, I can tell you that sometimes, an update to one thing, breaks something totally unrelated. I can relate the experience of actually having to comb literally thousands of lines of code to find a single line of code that was broken by an update, and how the update to fix a SP campaign issue broke all the door scripts on my custom module, even though it wasn't related to the fix.

The point being, we don't know how much effort it really took, so saying it didn't take a lot of effort is conjecture at best. My best guess would be that you were correct in your assumption, and they could simply comment out the lines involved in sharing, or set a flag to False. That would be ideal, but we don't know, w/out seeing exactly what they had to do to fix it. However, none of that involved having to totally wipe all the characters on the server.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    its obvious you have no coding background, and missed the point entirely. . .

Your exchange with me is rife with exaggeration designed to strengthen your side of the argument and weaken mine. Your point, near as I can tell, is that adjusting game code can be tough. My response is that Cryptic or PWE modifies the code freely when they decide to, like in Icespire, and ignore other problems at the same time.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • rhazes1rhazes1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
    really?

Diablo 3 RMAH exploit that lasted almost a month, making gold super inflated. . .

COH Crafting exploit that lasted 3 months. . .

WoW Icecrown loot exploit that lasted 3 weeks. . .

EQ gold duping exploit that lasted almost 3 months. . .

EvE Militia exploit that lasted 6 months. . .

. . .the list goes on. . .

I guess all the exploits in Neverwinter are just unique butterflies that can't be fixed quickly.
    I spend all day reading every thread and letting people know this is BETA.
  • beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If I was a dev I partially grant some wishes. I'd wipe anyone asking for a character wipe as a favor to them, it'd be like a free respect, sort of.
  • courtseecourtsee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What about all of us who didn't "cheat" our way to cap. Who didn't find the "cheap and easy" ways to farm for AD, etc? The ones who actually took time to enjoy the game and mosey about in a "proper" manner up the ladder to 60?

Because as one of those people, I'd be pretty peeved if there was a character wipe (which there won't be, don't worry).
  • orangerascalorangerascal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can't believe this thread is still active ... oh well enjoy the bump
  • beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can't believe this thread is still active ... oh well enjoy the bump

I think it's in part due to the other threads on the forum not being so great either.
  • rictrasrictras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    taemekeg wrote: »
    I did, they fixed the issue but the AD has already been injected into the game with no roll backs.

Do you not realize you can trade AD for Zen?

This is still not an explanation for how it will wreak havoc with the game economy.
    The meaning of life, is to give life meaning.
  • sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rictras wrote: »
    This is still not an explanation for how it will wreak havoc with the game economy.

It all depends which side of the fence are you?

Are you one of those people who want to be the "best" and have their "epeen" showing that they got the best gear that very little people have? Then the havoc is having all those epic for sale CHEAP on AH (even at higher price require money to invest so rich people/people willing to spend money will get it which is small numbers) but when it is CHEAP, EVERYONE can get it via earning AD daily.

Are you the one who WANT cheap Epic so you can be on the same playing field with other players? then it doesn't wreck it since it is all about supply and demand.
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • masabooooooomasabooooooo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    This game ruined by bugs, bugs, bugs.
    Holycrap this game, Zen shop which is real money shop started in Open beta, but everything in this game has bug.

Its not even P2W this is Bug to Win!

This game is good but the bugs are so bad, I will claim for refund all I spent on this game if the game not get reset after release with no critical bugs.

I totally cannot understand why you went straight from close beta 4 to open beta and open fully useable zen store with lots of bugs.

AGAIN, this game needs reset after most critical bugs fixed.

Edit: Some guys say it still good, but if u can earn infinite amount of AD with bug, How do you react? Still think does not need reset?
  • riven84riven84 Member, Banned Users Posts: 574 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Funny, I've been playing since release and having a blast. Less whining more having fun bro!
    I will claim for refund all I spent on this game if the game not get reset after release with no critical bugs.

LMAO, idle threats. Also, it doesn't work that way. Which makes your idle threat even more
  • snooseysnoosey Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still better than Diablo 3. Massive gold dupes. Only take some of the gold away. They are doing fine with the resources they have. Blizzard can't even keep their games fixed.
  • morinoxmorinox Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    snoosey wrote: »
    Still better than Diablo 3. Massive gold dupes. Only take some of the gold away. They are doing fine with the resources they have. Blizzard can't even keep their games fixed.

Blizzard is not at fault for people using 3rd party hack software or exploiting their games. Blizzard bans more than you'll ever know every single year. How many does the F2P developers/publishers ban every year? Almost noone, at least compared to Blizzard.

While i admit Diablo 3 was a flop, it gives you no right to slander a company/name that has sucessfully run an mmorpg on the P2P platform for the past 9 years, and still kicking.
    "For in this modern world, the instruments of warfare are not solely for waging war. Far more importantly, they are the means for controlling peace..."

~Admiral Arleigh Burke~
  • fotzikfotzik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    snoosey wrote: »

So can't Cryptic. I'm sorry to burst your bubble but there's tons of bugs that has been knowned for a long, long, time but they still haven't fixed them. They do maintenance almost everyday to fix network and server stability, still the server kept crashing and is unstable.. The economy is screwed. With the introduction of ZEN with founders pack they more or less made a mess of everything. They should've just given us ZEN, not AD, then made everyone use the daily cap to earn the AD and done some adjustments to the AD prices.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The economy will settle down eventually as the bugs are fixed. The game imo would not recover from a wipe/reset after claiming no reset would be done. There would be so many charge backs on top of people leaving the game and not spending in the future. Exploits suck, but a reset is not the cure in any way shape or form, a reset would only be harmful.
  • taemekegtaemekeg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 298 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    sasheria wrote: »
    It all depends which side of the fence are you?

Are you one of those people who want to be the "best" and have their "epeen" showing that they got the best gear that very little people have? Then the havoc is having all those epic for sale CHEAP on AH (even at higher price require money to invest so rich people/people willing to spend money will get it which is small numbers) but when it is CHEAP, EVERYONE can get it via earning AD daily.

Are you the one who WANT cheap Epic so you can be on the same playing field with other players? then it doesn't wreck it since it is all about supply and demand.

You missed one also:

Are you a free to play player who is abusing the way BoE items are atm to make 50+ million AD a week then to only buy free Zen with that money where others, like myself have actually bought it with real money.

Now don't get me wrong here, I have no issues with free to play players being able to buy items with free Zen they have gained via the systems feature which is how they designed it.

What I don't think they intended was the speed that those free to play players could actually gain said Zen with that free AD they are able to so readily farm, thats my issue.

Free to play players should have to indure the time sink involved that is designed and intended for them. The cash shop is there for people who do not want to put the time in to buy and support the game on a much higher level.

If people can obtain those items from the Zen store without putting in even a fraction of the time to simply farm and ninja loot itemization to just sell for thousands and tens of thousands of AD, then whats the point of Zen market?

Compounding this issue is the exploitable quests that reward AD that can be abused as shown earlier on in here.

They need to seriously consider wiping these servers after all the exploits, bugs and gameplay issues have been addressed.
  • thehadrielthehadriel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't see any major bugs. Seems like a lot of rage over nothing.
  • taemekegtaemekeg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 298 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    riven84 wrote: »
    Funny, I've been playing since release and having a blast. Less whining more having fun bro!

LMAO, idle threats. Also, it doesn't work that way. Which makes your idle threat even more

Yes it does work, several of my guildies have claimed back a full refund and recieved it and I am even starting to feel inclined to do the same thing.
  • borneolborneol Member Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    fotzik wrote: »
    The economy is screwed. With the introduction of ZEN with founders pack they more or less made a mess of everything. They should've just given us ZEN, not AD, then made everyone use the daily cap to earn the AD and done some adjustments to the AD prices.

I don't think they see it that way at all since they have already started double AD events, which inject even more AD into the economy. Some statistician probably figured that low value of AD results in higher zen sales, and it does make sense, it keeps the auction house expensive and zen an easy way to get rich.
    edited May 2013
    fotzik wrote: »
    So can't Cryptic. I'm sorry to burst your bubble but there's tons of bugs that has been knowned for a long, long, time but they still haven't fixed them. They do maintenance almost everyday to fix network and server stability, still the server kept crashing and is unstable.. The economy is screwed. With the introduction of ZEN with founders pack they more or less made a mess of everything. They should've just given us ZEN, not AD, then made everyone use the daily cap to earn the AD and done some adjustments to the AD prices.

100% agree with this post, this is what should of happened.
  • terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Only if you pay me and every other player who hasn't cheated $200,000.00. And yes Increase the amount I'm demanding the person suggesting pay by $100,000.00 each new thread like this I see.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rycegamingrycegaming Member Posts: 59
    edited May 2013
    thehadriel wrote: »
    I don't see any major bugs. Seems like a lot of rage over nothing.

Because your the majority of the people who just plays the game legitimately.
  • terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The reality is that thee will be mass character and account bans once the exploits are patched. That is Cryptics normal procedure. They just collect data on who uses an exploit while it is open and then ban everyone who used it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rycegamingrycegaming Member Posts: 59
    edited May 2013
    It's really easy to find the exploiters, if they even tried.

Ex. Player with an item log of more than 1000 Dragon eggs.
This discussion has been closed.