• Options
    solwrathsolwrath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 79
    edited May 2013
    ****.. took the day off to play :(
    Oh well, hopefully this trend of daily downtime doesn't last too long >.<
  • Options
    wanderer247wanderer247 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They are thinking it's a BETA. The game is in "testing" stage...

yes...they're testing our patience!!!
  • Options
    vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wherez iz my loginz?! asjdhashdfsadh!#!@#!
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shahualing wrote: »
    I think they were hoping that the majority of players would have lives and be doing real things on a Saturday night.

Oh how they were mistaken....
    More likely they need to fix the problems before their personnel goes to sleep.
  • Options
    jujakukejujakuke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just hope that the crash where when I epicly, yes I know that is not a word, die in pvp I don't lock up and crash the game causing me to have to relog into the game with an injury and half the time not in the pvp match I was in making it nearly impossible to help my team.
  • Options
    kobayashimeowkobayashimeow Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Calling their launch an "open beta" was a great idea on PWE's part. It pretty much blunts any criticism about the game. I wonder if it will just permanently remain in "open beta" status?
  • Options
    charlielasereyescharlielasereyes Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kalrune30 wrote: »
    So a 4 hour maitenance during PRIME TIME PST gaming night? WTF, Who makes these kind of decisions?! What.are.you.thinking.

My thinking exactly. Who in the hell would take down a game on a prime night like a Saturday. Did they ever wonder why other MMO's take down serves on off days?
  • Options
    psendaronpsendaron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    Ok, this should cheer you b1tches up...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR4lLJu_-wE

;)

Thx man!! That really rocked my world.
    "Don't change colour to match the walls.
    Look like you belong and the walls will change colour to match you."

- Kender Proverb
  • Options
    erebus2075erebus2075 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    namini wrote: »
    "A weird code"? Odd. Last I checked, Europeans not only had both time zones AND Google, but they also constantly berated Americans for being less intelligent. I think you've proved one of those three things wrong.

Code cracked:
    http://bit.ly/13eTM0h

soo one person that's too lazy to search is suddenly prove of anything about statistics -.-
    we rest our case once again as we just smile and wave at the "overwhelming" intellect shown here...

fyi there is a huge difference depending on where in europe you are pointing, although the general understanding of euro from americans is lacking to say the least, some even go so far to think europe is a country -.- there is a good reason most of the world have a negative view of americans... and this thread is just proving it over with TONS of people complaining about prime time while not giving a fck about how many maint is done in eu prime time, most doesnt even know the eu timelines which is just sad -.-

this whole thread is one big hypecrit mess of idiocy
  • Options
    ironredeironrede Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shahualing wrote: »
    I think they were hoping that the majority of players would have lives and be doing real things on a Saturday night.

Oh how they were mistaken....

Somebody please dig up a youtube link of that old SNL sketch where William Shatner plays the evil Captain Kirk...
  • Options
    pinkysansbrainpinkysansbrain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My thinking exactly. Who in the hell would take down a game on a prime night like a Saturday. Did they ever wonder why other MMO's take down serves on off days?

Did you not read the first post? Honestly, it says right there why they did it at the time they did it at.

Side note: if everyone who claimed to work in IT during a Cryptic downtime thread actually worked in IT, there wouldn't be any open IT positions in the world.
  • Options
    smarylinsmarylin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Hey, hey, hey ... when you're one of the 1% every day is an off day - there's never a convenient time.
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Calling their launch an "open beta" was a great idea on PWE's part. It pretty much blunts any criticism about the game. I wonder if it will just permanently remain in "open beta" status?
    Unlikely, since they already have a date for removal of founders packs, which in my opinion for all intents and purposes means they're out of beta. (after all, that's the whole reason for founders packs: to get people to pay/play while it's still in crucial testing stages)
  • Options
    sinailtsinailt Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kalrune30 wrote: »
    So a 4 hour maitenance during PRIME TIME PST gaming night? WTF, Who makes these kind of decisions?! What.are.you.thinking.

Downtime during a beta test? This is RIDICULOUS! I'm going back to Farmville!
  • Options
    undeadranqeundeadranqe Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013

The game has barely been in open beta for a few days, this is all nesecary. It's open beta. you can go 'prime time' this and that, your prime time isn't the prime time of others, so why should they of been taking down at a time where whole of EU would be unable to play. It's still open Beta, it's better to get things fixd, because it's open beta. OPEN BETA.

OPEN BETA.
  • Options
    warloqwarloq Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    smarylin wrote: »
    See? Now you're mad.

LOL, not mad at all, I talk from a business/customer service perspective. Maybe I just work at an ultra-cool company who cares about business, customer satisfaction, and defined production hours.

Typical of you internet fools to drop a 'why you mad brah?' as some indicator of personal intelligence (or) to insight some sort of irate reaction.
  • Options
    vorkagvorkag Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is the most activity they will have in their existence (first weekend with all potential players). Always expect some network/server stability and tweak to happen. It's like that for many things.
  • Options
    cut1625478945213cut1625478945213 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Some of us know what beta is and we still are not conceding that this game is "In Beta"

But, when everyone in the world can download the game, spend cash for in game items and be assured that their characters will not get wiped then I can't bring myself to call it a Beta in any form.

I am disappointed that the game is down when i wanted to play but i will survive that. I understand emergency maintenance. It just bothers me to hear "It's Beta" tossed about like a "Get Out of Jail Free" card. Hell if that is the case let's just never take it out of "Open Beta". Players won't know the difference because there is no functional difference between this "Open Beta" and "Released Game".
  • Options
    simlesimle Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That's lame bad timing get up to date you had to have some idea about the amount of people you where needing to support.
  • Options
    teethxteethx Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The time of the maintenance is very odd, wonder what brought this on.
  • Options
    auricklemtauricklemt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I guess you didn't actually read the initial post. So here is the info again:
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Why this time?

This is not our normal maintenance time, but unfortunately the maintenance needs to be performed ASAP to ensure that the servers remain stable with the current traffic we are seeing.

Or maybe you did read it and didn't understand? Or maybe you read it and just want to throw a temper tantrum?
    Foundry Campaign: The Stars of Desolation
    Adapted from "The Desert of Desolation" by Tracy and Laura Hickman
  • Options
    tanthotantho Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And the QQ parade begins. A million games out there. Why not play the one you were "SO" in to before you started playing this one? 4 hours give or take should not cause this kind of outcry.
  • Options
    smarylinsmarylin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    warloq wrote: »
    LOL, not mad at all, I talk from a business/customer service perspective. Maybe I just work at an ultra-cool company who cares about business, customer satisfaction, and defined production hours.

Typical of you internet fools to drop a 'why you mad brah?' as some indicator of personal intelligence (or) to insight some sort of irate reaction.

You work at Apple don't you? BTW you used "insight" wrong but, hey, Siri gets it wrong all the time so it's all good.
  • Options
    snarraldsnarrald Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i'm not lazy. just confused :P
  • Options
    kilstrexkilstrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok, I am all for taking servers down to help improve the gameplay and stability and all that... but is it really necessary to take it down during the prime time of playing? For 4 frakking hours? I mean really? NOBODY at the office was like "Hey Jim, this... its probably a bad idea."? I mean come on, prime time is 8-midnight. Unless someone put their d!ck in the hardware again and crashed the game, there is no need for stupid decisions like this. Come on!
  • Options
    namininamini Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    erebus2075 wrote: »
    soo one person that's too lazy to search is suddenly prove of anything about statistics -.-
    we rest our case once again as we just smile and wave at the "overwhelming" intellect shown here...

fyi there is a huge difference depending on where in europe you are pointing, although the general understanding of euro from americans is lacking to say the least, some even go so far to think europe is a country -.- there is a good reason most of the world have a negative view of americans... and this thread is just proving it over with TONS of people complaining about prime time while not giving a fck about how many maint is done in eu prime time, most doesnt even know the eu timelines which is just sad -.-

this whole thread is one big hypecrit mess of idiocy

Where I come from, we use capital letters, can spell words like "proof" and "hypocritical," know the difference between the words "many" and "much" and yes, even know how to interpret crazily advanced concepts like "UTC -7."
  • Options
    iridescent20011iridescent20011 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pretty good timing. Next time you should make it ~5ish PM on a friday that will really make the game popular.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    namini wrote: »
    Where I come from, we use capital letters, can spell words like "proof" and "hypocritical," know the difference between the words "many" and "much" and yes, even how to interpret crazily advanced concepts like "UTC -7."

C'mon ... they got a LOT of the words right ....
This discussion has been closed.