test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Maintenance Tonight - 8pm to Midnight, Pacific Time

Comments

• Options
    a5m0d3u5a5m0d3u5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LOOK thing is its a BETA which means oh hey we want you guys to test our server so we can see what we need to fix the fact that they list it as a BETA means that it is not the finished product and they do not intend for this to be anything like the final image of their game. soooooooooooooo if you think you can do better GO MAKE YOUR OWN GAME and stop complaigning -_-
  • Options
    tindgetindge Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    While I agree Id rather be playing on a Saturday night along with everybody else. I am one of those that is experiancing stability issues, crashing during transitions or in highly populated areas (mostly in the protectors onclave). Never had any problems during Alpha testing or earlier beta play, so I can only guess its the mass increase in population.
    If maintenance can help with my issues then Im all for a few hr shutdown, even if on a Saturday night.
  • Options
    smarylinsmarylin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    a5m0d3u5 wrote: »
    LOOK thing is its a BETA which means oh hey we want you guys to test our server so we can see what we need to fix the fact that they list it as a BETA means that it is not the finished product and they do not intend for this to be anything like the final image of their game. soooooooooooooo if you think you can do better GO MAKE YOUR OWN GAME and stop complaigning -_-

complaigning - nice.

EDIT: Ima naming my rogue "Complaigning"
  • Options
    ebrithilabrargetebrithilabrarget Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I smell the reek of children who have wet their pants over a minor inconvenience.
    Come on, kids, chill out -- and you guys who aren't kids any more and are still freaking out, grow up. It's one day out of one year of your life of many. What are you losing your cool over?
    Hope to see all you reasonable people on the flip side when this maintenance finished. B-)
    If you play on Mindflayer or Dragon, send me a PM. I'd love to friend ya'!
  • Options
    ironredeironrede Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    smarylin wrote: »
    Founder's plus drunken Nightmare keys spending .... still no horse. :)

I can barely type I am laughing so hard - thanks!
  • Options
    wanderer247wanderer247 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vigilantee wrote: »
    Yeah I never even get to play EXCEPT at 8PM PST til midnight on Saturday and Sunday so NOW I ony get to play ONE day on my weekend, WTF reject decided this is the right time for maintenance? Who in thier right mind DIDNT anticipate ALOT OF TRAFFIC for this type of GAME? Ever heard of FRIDAY noon til 4PM? BEFORE the WEEKEND starts? Ya know like preventative maintenance, meaning BEFORE problems happen we look for possibilities and ensure BEFORE they happen we have them prevented>? Ya all need to make a committee call it the SEER group, this group brainstorms on preventing problems that havent happeneed yet but are very possible. Anticipating them and having fixxes put in place to prevent them so we dont lose out on quality game time during PEAK HOURS! This kind of thing is what fragments dedication and loyalty to games these days.

Very good point but lets be honest here, this is a F2P game and as I am very mad that the past 3 nights I've had to wait when the servers are down, I am glad that I didn't pay a penny for the enjoyment of playing this game so far. Note* As a free product and an internet game, the can take it down whenever they want without any reason if they wanted to. I'm glad its getting updated and its only been released for less than a week as open beta so I know that in time we will all play without the hiccups (interruptions).
  • Options
    raphaeldisantoraphaeldisanto Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do you guys honestly think that they -didn't- know this was going to annoy most of their US playerbase? Of course they did, and they went ahead and did it anyway. To me, that says it was a pretty important thing that had to happen.

Video game companies don't intentionally <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off large portions of their playerbase unless it's unavoidable. Well, ones that aren't EA, anyway. ;)

Go do something else. It's one night. Not even. It's 4 hours of one night. The world won't end if you don't get to play Neverwinter tonight.

If your entire happiness depends upon you playing this specific video game at this time tonight, I think you probably have bigger problems.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ironically I really need to work on my game, and this downtime means I could do that now... or take a nap. Decisions, decisions. :O
  • Options
    a5m0d3u5a5m0d3u5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    complaigning - nice.

EDIT: Ima naming my rogue "Complaigning"

anyways thats really a nitpicky thing to be whining about just because i accidently put an extra G in my complaining maybe you should think more about what i was saying and now how i said it?
  • Options
    namininamini Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    snarrald wrote: »
    Update: Saturday 4:30PM PDT Is this now? this is like a weird code to me, being european

"A weird code"? Odd. Last I checked, Europeans not only had both time zones AND Google, but they also constantly berated Americans for being less intelligent. I think you've proved one of those three things wrong.

Code cracked:
    http://bit.ly/13eTM0h
  • Options
    smarylinsmarylin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ironrede wrote: »
    I can barely type I am laughing so hard - thanks!

I'm here all week ... or until the server boots up.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    anyways thats really a nitpicky thing to be whining about just because i accidently put an extra G in my complaining maybe you should think more about what i was saying and now how i said it?

I ain't got time for that!
  • Options
    koops90koops90 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kalrune30 wrote: »
    So a 4 hour maitenance during PRIME TIME PST gaming night? WTF, Who makes these kind of decisions?! What.are.you.thinking.

Out of curiousity, were you aware that everywhere other than where you are runs on a different clock?
    Maybe the Devs are more interested in fixing bugs in the game then catering specifically to you??
    Which is how it should be.
  • Options
    clansman2013clansman2013 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Need something to pass the time? http://drop.notch.net/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    namini wrote: »
    "A weird code"? Odd. Last I checked, Europeans not only had both time zones AND Google, but they also constantly berated Americans for being less intelligent. I think you've proved one of those three things wrong.

Code cracked:
    http://bit.ly/13eTM0h

Hhahahah! Nice....
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I think we're just being silly about the silliness of complaining about complaints. :p
  • Options
    wanderer247wanderer247 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do you guys honestly think that they -didn't- know this was going to annoy most of their US playerbase? Of course they did, and they went ahead and did it anyway. To me, that says it was a pretty important thing that had to happen.

Video game companies don't intentionally <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off large portions of their playerbase unless it's unavoidable. Well, ones that aren't EA, anyway. ;)

Go do something else. It's one night. Not even. It's 4 hours of one night. The world won't end if you don't get to play Neverwinter tonight.

If your entire happiness depends upon you playing this specific video game at this time tonight, I think you probably have bigger problems.

Hey stop pointing us folk out. Lol
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    koops90 wrote: »
    Out of curiousity, were you aware that everywhere other than where you are runs on a different clock?
    Maybe the Devs are more interested in fixing bugs in the game then catering specifically to you??
    Which is how it should be.

BS ... there's only one clock and that a 'Merican clock.
  • Options
    sn95sn95 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    why is everyone complaining about the time they did the maintenance? THEY ARE FIXING SERVER STABILITY ISSUES! If they didn't shut it down themselves to fix the crashing problem, it would have crashed again like yesterday. Then you all would be sitting here complaining about it crashing again..
  • Options
    dratnzsdratnzs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wrenaq wrote: »
    Oh come off it everyone isn't asleep at that time you suggest because the world isn't just the USA....I for one welcome that the maintenance is at this time. For once try and think that others around the world are happy it is taking place in the middle of the night in the Eu and other places.
    We all work and have little time to play sometimes, you want the company just to please you? well what If they servers went down because they waited just to please you?.
    Self entitlement lol get a grip.
    Oh and cheers devs for doing it at this time...means I can play all day tomorrow :D

What ! .. There are more people in the world than those in the USA !!!!
    heh i agree .. there are a lot more people playing online games including this one than just americans .. believe it or not perfect worlds have not got a vendetta against the USA .. get of your bum on a sat nite and go out into the real world :)
  • Options
    psycadelicapsycadelica Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    Ahh so many people QQ'ing over this maintinance, ohh why maintenance prime time, what ever the time of maintenance its going to be in some part of the worlds "prime time" chill an be happy
  • Options
    warloqwarloq Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lyokira wrote: »
    Go tell that to the people who paid $50+ before beta started. Watch said people laugh at your face.

Hello Troll.
    Beta <> Real World Money. If you find it appropriate to charge money for something, it is well past Beta stage. $50 before/during/after = $50. Hard earned money, no matter what country.

Me = I work in a production IT environ. If I were to turn to my internal customer and tell them that they were not able to use a specific service during prime-time hours to the detriment of our customers, I would be handed a pink slip and a firm boot on my *** out the door.

If this is a EU game, than sell it as such not to induce US players.

Honest, I don't give a flippin' hoot, I could have dropped $50 USD on Ghost Recon Online tonight, at least it's stable...
  • Options
    solyad1solyad1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Put down the Kool-Aid. It doesn't matter how many times you say BETA BETA BETA BETA, but when real money exchanges hands the game is live and real. If you want to play the "it just launched" card then fine, but they get about 10 days to fall back on that before people start wondering if they're going to be able to pull this off.

So far, great game and I'm having a blast, but I can't stay up until 3:00 am to log back in.
  • Options
    ironredeironrede Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm here all week ... or until the server boots up.

Full disclosure - I've sunk the same amount without the alcohol to give me cover!
  • Options
    raphaeldisantoraphaeldisanto Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey stop pointing us folk out. Lol

Oops. Sorry. Everyone, wanderer247 is absolutely NOT one of those people. Nope. No way no how.

.... think they bought it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    clansman2013clansman2013 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok, this should cheer you b1tches up...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR4lLJu_-wE

;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dratnzsdratnzs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sn95 wrote: »
    why is everyone complaining about the time they did the maintenance? THEY ARE FIXING SERVER STABILITY ISSUES! If they didn't shut it down themselves to fix the crashing problem, it would have crashed again like yesterday. Then you all would be sitting here complaining about it crashing again..

not everyone .. just a few Americans .. not important .. carry on. :P
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    warloq wrote: »
    Hello Troll.
    Beta <> Real World Money. If you find it appropriate to charge money for something, it is well past Beta stage. $50 before/during/after = $50. Hard earned money, no matter what country.

Me = I work in a production IT environ. If I were to turn to my internal customer and tell them that they were not able to use a specific service during prime-time hours to the detriment of our customers, I would be handed a pink slip and a firm boot on my *** out the door.

If this is a EU game, than sell it as such not to induce US players.

Honest, I don't give a flippin' hoot, I could have dropped $50 USD on Ghost Recon Online tonight, at least it's stable...

So ... you just admitted to the entire world your lack of good judgement?
  • Options
    skullncrossskullncross Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had this funny thought in my head want to hear it?

Ok imagine if gold was soulbound what would that entail lets see you cant trade it thus gold sellers would go out of bussiness.
    or same as above but your soulbound gold you go to a vendor to exchange it for non refined diamonds which are also soulbound.... wait why not have just diamonds as currency eliminating gold altogether freeing up some coding to use elsewere wait my bad silly idea never be improvised and used what was I thinking maybe oneday a gaming company will use a simular idea and be the first in the gaming community to abolish goldsellers totally.
  • Options
    justinmartyrjustinmartyr Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any chance for an ETA on this downtime? I see absolutely nothing on that other than 8pm PDT. I mean, foundry was down all day. . . I'm out and about for 6-8 hours to come back to servers completely down. Give us a bone -_-

Read the title of the thread Mr. Dumas...
    8PM to !!!MIDNIGHT!!! Four hours down time.
This discussion has been closed.