test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Maintenance Tonight - 8pm to Midnight, Pacific Time

dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey All,

Update: Saturday 10:30PM Saturday

Servers up!

Update: Saturday 4:30PM PDT

The time of the maintenance has been locked down to 8:00 p.m. to midnight, Pacific Time. The goal of this maintenance is to apply another round of stability and performance updates to further support the high volume of players that are logging in to participate in the Neverwinter Open Beta. If the maintenance finishes sooner than the planned window, or is extended for any reason, we will definitely let you know right away. [/B]

Update: Saturday 3:30PM PDT

We will be performing a quick maintenance tonight to apply some proactive improvements to server performance.

The time has not yet been locked down, but we will add these details as they become available. :)

Thank you!
FAQ

Will this maintenance fix the issues with Foundry search or Voice Chat?

We do not expect that this maintenance will resolve those issues, though we have developers looking into them separately.

Why this time?

This is not our normal maintenance time, but unfortunately the maintenance needs to be performed ASAP to ensure that the servers remain stable with the current traffic we are seeing.

Will we be merging all shards into one during this maintenance?

We will not - all three servers will remain separate. There is currently no timeline on merging the shards together.
Post edited by dezstravus on

Comments

• warbossenfowarbossenfo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hey All,

We will be performing a quick maintenance tonight to apply some proactive improvements to server performance.

The time has not yet been locked down, but we will add these details as they become available. :)

Thank you!

Are you sure your not just preparing for another intern to spill milk on the server?
  • someoneodsomeoneod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Early morning I hope, instead of the next 4-6 hours which is prime time?

Also, WTB ETA on server merges (or transfers)
  • wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are you gonna fix the Foundry to where you can search for quests by name or author? I published a quest and there's no way I can find it when logged in as my main character. Others have been complaining too. I can't share my quests if the only way to share them is to have a friend type in an atrocious "short code" which is not short, impossible to remember, and cannot be pasted into the search box in game. Fix it to where I can type in "The Caustic Swamp" and pull up my quest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • taeryltaeryl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    someoneod wrote: »
    Early morning I hope, instead of the next 4-6 hours which is prime time?

Also, WTB ETA on server merges (or transfers)

This. I'm getting home from vacation and tonight will be my first real chance to play...
  • mgs1legacymgs1legacy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    has any1 else got the same bug as me? It says it costs 220AD (sometimes -1AD) to Unbind my Companion, but nothing happens every time I click on OK. Is it possible to Unbind yet?
  • astaziaastazia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    Why isn't this stickied?

Edit: Well you made it a sticky, but you forgot to tell us how long it will be. :p
  • kalrune30kalrune30 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hey All,

Update: Saturday 4:30PM PDT

The time of the maintenance has been locked down to 8:00 p.m. to midnight, Pacific Time. The goal of this maintenance is to apply another round of stability and performance updates to further support the high volume of players that are logging in to participate in the Neverwinter Open Beta. If the maintenance finishes sooner than the planned window, or is extended for any reason, we will definitely let you know right away.

Update: Saturday 3:30PM PDT

Thank you!

So a 4 hour maitenance during PRIME TIME PST gaming night? WTF, Who makes these kind of decisions?! What.are.you.thinking.
  • ravinravin Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are you preparing to combine the three shards into one?
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
  • doomstroke99doomstroke99 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    WTF are the Devs smokin?
  • wrenaqwrenaq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kalrune30 wrote: »
    So a 4 hour maitenance during PRIME TIME PST gaming night? WTF, Who makes these kind of decisions?! What.are.you.thinking.

You now know how us Eu players feel....maybe they are showing us some love for once.
  • slicerdiceroldslicerdicerold Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 60
    edited May 2013

Well after the disastrous server crash during primetime why not a server maintenance? I figure its to decrease numbers as fast as possible to maybe garner as much bad press as EA.
  • slicerdiceroldslicerdicerold Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    wrenaq wrote: »
    You now know how us Eu players feel....maybe they are showing us some love for once.

I bet EU players make up less then 10% of the player base.
    edited May 2013
    I bet EU players make up less then 10% of the player base.

I bet you are wrong.
    500 million live in the EU thats more than the USA...I know many of my gamer pals who are loving this game so far.
  • dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wuhsin wrote: »
    Are you gonna fix the Foundry to where you can search for quests by name or author? I published a quest and there's no way I can find it when logged in as my main character. Others have been complaining too. I can't share my quests if the only way to share them is to have a friend type in an atrocious "short code" which is not short, impossible to remember, and cannot be pasted into the search box in game. Fix it to where I can type in "The Caustic Swamp" and pull up my quest.

This is a bug that we are working to resolve.
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its Saturday night , you don't seriously expect them to work past midnight ?
    This is fine , I'm on west coast and its OK if down time sometimes happens in our prime time .
  • zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    haha, prime time maintenance, because why not"?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ravenrabbitravenrabbit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It's Saturday night.. go out with friends while downtime is going on :)
  • scriveanscrivean Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I agree, why schedule in a prime time 8-12?
  • meatfingersmeatfingers Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I understand that you guys are pushing the maintenance tonight to make sure that the servers don't crash again, but - during primetime? On a Saturday?

I've had a great time playing the game over the last week, and really look forward to playing it well into the future. But I'm not sure if I can. I realize this sounds hyperbolic, but I'm a graduate student that works full time with very, very little free time. If I can't rely on Perfect World to push patches and maintenance during a reasonable time (why not wait until 2-4am Saturday PST when everyone is asleep?), then I don't know if I can rely on it as my ideal gaming option during my limited freetime.
    edited May 2013
    Oh come off it everyone isn't asleep at that time you suggest because the world isn't just the USA....I for one welcome that the maintenance is at this time. For once try and think that others around the world are happy it is taking place in the middle of the night in the Eu and other places.
    We all work and have little time to play sometimes, you want the company just to please you? well what If they servers went down because they waited just to please you?.
    Self entitlement lol get a grip.
    Oh and cheers devs for doing it at this time...means I can play all day tomorrow :D
  • elcymerianelcymerian Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A very odd time to do something just for stability and performance. I know with a world wide game it's hard to pick a good time but still strange.
  • zaynderazayndera Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You guys are RIDICULOUS taking down the server during primetime on a Saturday night AT THE LAST MINUTE! You have absolutely ruined my Saturday night & have shaken my entire guild's faith in your maintenance practices!!! My guild is going to lose people left & right over **** like this! Honestly!?!
    "Rock is overpowered, but paper is perfect!" -- Scissors
    Swordmage.jpg
    Gayme 0n - An LGBT-ally Gayming Community
  • swamprat40swamprat40 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zayndera wrote: »
    You guys are RIDICULOUS taking down the server during primetime on a Saturday night AT THE LAST MINUTE! You have absolutely ruined my Saturday night & have shaken my entire guild's faith in your maintenance practices!!! My guild is going to lose people left & right over **** like this! Honestly!?!

....It's beta,these things happen. That's kinda the point of having a beta test.
  • rhiatrhiat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zayndera wrote: »

Goodbye guild of quiters.
  • pixelburstpixelburst Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rhiat wrote: »
    Goodbye guild of quiters.

PixelBurst likes this.

;)

Seriously though, what's the problem. It's been down for us brits the past couple of days during 'prime time', like others have said it's beta - there are plenty of other games to distract you while it's down then you can Neverwinter til the next patch :D
    Currently playing on the Beholder Shard
  • domepiece1060domepiece1060 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Man this sucks. I worked all week, made plans for Friday night, haven't played this and I log on to see that it's coming down for the evening.
  • adamaantadamaant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is kind of a bad time to do this. Gonna be some unhappy folks posting on the forums at 8. Don't know why they wouldn't consider 8pm a bad time to do it. Even east coast, 11pm is an early night for a Saturday.
  • brathunorbrathunor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    I like all the people in EU saying how great a time this is to take it down and scolding the NA folks that are upset. On facebook at least, every time there's been an issue so far, it was primarily the EU players complaining but anyhow...this is EXACTLY why there needs to be EU and NA servers. Then you can take servers down at region appropriate times.
  • narathkornarathkor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At primetime on Saturday Night? Are you smoking that rock? Seriously thats the time you can get the most information about performance issues, are you taking servers down during that time to avoid the issue all together. You are crazy put down the pipe PW.
    Please check out my foundry quests!
    The Sins of the Father NW-DLN6BC8NX
    A Name For Yourself NW-DRBWMCFL4
    Click Here To Visit The Official Thread
  • omnlnkomnlnk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    8 pm to Midnight? On a saturday? Are you all MAD? Why not do this in the morning? Like, when everyone is NOT on. This is a VERY VERY bad time.
This discussion has been closed.