test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Maintenance Tonight - 8pm to Midnight, Pacific Time

Comments

• teethxteethx Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so server says it is up but can not connect to characters, is this part of the maintenance?
  • kyouapple24kyouapple24 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OPEN BETAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~~~~~~~~~~~~~ *soprano*
  • noteviljaynoteviljay Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    teethx wrote: »
    so server says it is up but can not connect to characters, is this part of the maintenance?

You don't see a big red light next to Server Status on the login dialog like the rest of us?
  • lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OPEN BETAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~~~~~~~~~~~~~ *soprano*

~~ I am, the open beta,
    ~~ And I'm gonna throw my poo at ya,
  • hattarashattaras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I cant believe the questions that come up below information that has already been provided. Why don't you learn how to read.

"Why this time?

This is not our normal maintenance time, but unfortunately the maintenance needs to be performed ASAP to ensure that the servers remain stable with the current traffic we are seeing."

That says it all, as to why now. Try not to go Full <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> next time.
  • oarsmenoarsmen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    solyad1 wrote: »
    Put down the Kool-Aid. It doesn't matter how many times you say BETA BETA BETA BETA, but when real money exchanges hands the game is live and real. If you want to play the "it just launched" card then fine, but they get about 10 days to fall back on that before people start wondering if they're going to be able to pull this off.

So far, great game and I'm having a blast, but I can't stay up until 3:00 am to log back in.
    Smite was selling in Beta. Great game. Minecraft was selling in alpha. Steam green light. The game is Beta, and was selling before it was even closed beta.
  • desaanukdesaanuk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    5 days in a row of 4hrs+ maintenance? Just take them down and do it properly instead of this drip feeding nonsense.
  • pinkysansbrainpinkysansbrain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jujakuke wrote: »
    " Ich bin ein Berliner" by President Kennedy himself, for people who don't understand he was trying to say I am a person from Berlin but what he said I am a Jelly donut.

Anything you said is rendered irrelevant because of this comment.
    There is a misconception that Kennedy made a risible error by saying Ich bin ein Berliner (emphasis added): the claim is made that Kennedy referred to himself not as a "citizen of Berlin" but as a "jelly doughnut", known in Berlin as a "Pfannkuchen" but as "Berliner" in the north and west and as "Krapfen" in the south of Germany and in Austria. Kennedy should, supposedly, have said Ich bin Berliner to mean "I am a person from Berlin", and so adding the indefinite article ein to his statement implied he was a non-human Berliner, thus, "I am a jelly doughnut". However, while the indefinite article ein is omitted when speaking of an individual's profession or residence, it is still necessary when speaking in a figurative sense as Kennedy did. Since the President was not literally from Berlin but only declaring his solidarity with its citizens, "Ich bin ein Berliner" was correct.
  • daemonspadedaemonspade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this open beta virus must come to an end
  • blu3bawlsblu3bawls Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Shutting down during prime time gaming? Come on... especially for 4 hours? I understand it is beta and all but 8pm to midnight? that is the dumbest time to shut down your game. Especially on a Saturday. Who is making these decisions? They should really reconsider the times they are deciding to shut down the game. If you want players to stick around, don't shut down your game when everyone is wanting to play. Regular maintenance is understandable, and even random maintenance is ok, But not during PRIME TIME!!! If you're really trying to keep your fan base, this was not the best decision....
  • chaos134chaos134 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Theres two types of Beta's Closed and open. Closed Beta is when players characters get wiped not in open Beta. A few companys let players buy things from item shops before the game fully Releases. Its upto the developers to add the zen shop or not in beta's. THe game is still in open Beta. Perfect world Is advertising it. The admins will tell the players when the game is fully released after they find from the developers.
  • smarylinsmarylin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Wiki Wiki Wiki Win!
  • silverresilverre Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just wish there was some way to access the Foundry during this time. I would have liked to got some more work done on my Foundry quests while the game is inactive.
  • muceasmuceas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This game is more expensive than a Vegas hooker. I did not expect a Saturday evening maintenance, it's bloody mind blowing.
    edited May 2013
    shahualing wrote: »
    Right, GW2 open beta never had to pay for anything because they were testing content. They wanted people to test the cash shop without having to incur expense on the players because EVERYTHING WAS BEING WIPED ON RELEASE.

And...what are we doing here? Are we paying to test content? Will everything be reset to 0 on "release"?
    No one said you must buy enchanted keys, or whatever you bought, and you could buy gems to get keys during the open beta weekend (which were refunded on launch). I don't claim to know whether they'll reset everything to 0 or not.
  • skullncrossskullncross Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok so what its a stability fix now a lot of you are qqing over nothing now answer this small question when the game is live properly what are you going to be moaning about when you find out maintenance is during peak time in europe or visa-versa I bet alot wont be happy then you see gaming companies will work out a plan of action and if its during your peak time theres not alot you can do about it they have to give and take in this day an age so as gamers we should be doing the same as respect to those people who work very hard giving us the games we play now.Now I'm about to show my age anyway I remember when there wasn't any internet when I was a lad and the only things we as children had to entertain ourselves were dropping sticks into the river and watching to see whos stick passed under the bridge first and also atari had a console that once plugged in and fired up played a game of tennis with a solid line one side of the tv screen and same for player 2 and a square dot that went from side to side and you had to get said dot passed other players bat and those who are now reading this and are showing signs of looking blank then you didn't know the half of what we old school gamers had to endure 30 odd years ago you'd of hated to of lived then but we survived as we had the outside of the house to explore :P

An open beta for free-to-play massively multiplayer online role-playing game Neverwinter will begin April 30, Perfect World Entertainment and Cryptic Studios announced today.put that in your pipe and smoke it.
  • teethxteethx Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    noteviljay wrote: »
    You don't see a big red light next to Server Status on the login dialog like the rest of us?

nope........
  • wanderer247wanderer247 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Who the hell cares!!!!
  • drtardisdrtardis Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What you believe is unimportant. I believe some of the people who are and have been US Presidents are complete morons, when in actuality they have IQs that say quite the opposite. My belief will have little bearing on the facts. If you choose to believe this is not open beta, that fine, but that makes it no less an open beta then my daughter's belief that Santa Claus is makes him real.

Santa Claus isn't real? Man, stop trying to ruin my night!
  • tarrax7tarrax7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by skullncross: eliminating gold altogether freeing up some coding to use elsewere
    namini wrote: »
    Such epic knowing of how code works must be pointed out and shared.

I agree, there's definitely gold to be found in his statement.
  • tormeantedtormeanted Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's quite obvious why they shut it down now, because the load was increasing and the server was starting to die again.
    They shut them down every time the load goes up, because they can't handle it.

What I don't understand though is why they don't just do what Blizzard does - and solve the problem.
    Ever since Wow became the *first* actually massive MMO (the other games before that were so small in comparison that they were basically just RPGs), you would think people would learn from them.
    edited May 2013
    chaos134 wrote: »
    Theres two types of Beta's Closed and open. Closed Beta is when players characters get wiped not in open Beta. A few companys let players buy things from item shops before the game fully Releases. Its upto the developers to add the zen shop or not in beta's. THe game is still in open Beta. Perfect world Is advertising it. The admins will tell the players when the game is fully released after they find from the developers.

Actually, it isn't true that open beta never comes with a wipe. It's just that a no-wipe is often used to get more people to play, hence better test the server load.
  • oarsmenoarsmen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Some of us know what beta is and we still are not conceding that this game is "In Beta"

But, when everyone in the world can download the game, spend cash for in game items and be assured that their characters will not get wiped then I can't bring myself to call it a Beta in any form.

I am disappointed that the game is down when i wanted to play but i will survive that. I understand emergency maintenance. It just bothers me to hear "It's Beta" tossed about like a "Get Out of Jail Free" card. Hell if that is the case let's just never take it out of "Open Beta". Players won't know the difference because there is no functional difference between this "Open Beta" and "Released Game".
    Beta just means testing. It says beta before you sign up. A lot of games sell in beta or even alpha. It is accepted that it will be worked on in beta. No one acted like this with Minecraft when the servers went down.
  • pinkysansbrainpinkysansbrain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's honestly not worth it, trying to convince people that this is indeed open beta. They've got it in their head that payment CANNOT equal open beta, and that open beta means something that it doesn't at all (it just means that an incomplete build of the product is now open to anyone interested, up to and including pay services). If they know as much as they claim to, perhaps they could submit their resumes to Cryptic or PWE and work on maintaining what is clearly a release build of the game.
    edited May 2013
    tormeanted wrote: »
    It's quite obvious why they shut it down now, because the load was increasing and the server was starting to die again.
    They shut them down every time the load goes up, because they can't handle it.

What I don't understand though is why they don't just do what Blizzard does - and solve the problem.
    Ever since Wow became the *first* actually massive MMO (the other games before that were so small in comparison that they were basically just RPGs), you would think people would learn from them.

Learn from Blizzard? Maybe you should read up on the Diablo 3 launch fiasco then.
  • coldheadedcoldheaded Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe with this maintenance I won't have to un/reinstall game because of server timeout... chill out you can always play another game until the maint is over ...
  • simlesimle Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    silverre wrote: »
    I just wish there was some way to access the Foundry during this time. I would have liked to got some more work done on my Foundry quests while the game is inactive.

I agree the foundry would be nice right about now. I should be hosted on a separate server so it could be accessed during these times.
  • tabbeene1371tabbeene1371 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    how much longer do we have untill servers are up?
  • drtardisdrtardis Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    muceas wrote: »
    This game is more expensive than a Vegas hooker. I did not expect a Saturday evening maintenance, it's bloody mind blowing.

Honestly, I wish Cryptic would do what they did with STO: have a subscription tier that bypasses the need to pay in to the Zen market for things like lockbox keys and bank slots.

The bank thing really bugs me... when I started a new character, filled my bank with things like enchantments on the first day.
  • smarylinsmarylin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    how much longer do we have untill servers are up?

About 3 more scotches ... with ice.
This discussion has been closed.