test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Maintenance Tonight - 8pm to Midnight, Pacific Time

Comments

• vhalantruvhalantru Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Let's face it, this is the future of this game. Daily server crashes and maintenance. Maintenance being the wishful pre-emptive decision to eliminate prime time when players are most on. "I know how to fix a possible server crash! Let's just turn it off!" They are prolly sick of getting forum pages full of disgruntled players-which is also bad press. Yea yea, i've heard the ol' " this is beta " remarks. To that i say, i was in all beta before it became open beta. Server/game didn't have near the dissappointments as it has now. Obviously the influx of F2P players is detrimental to stability. I propose, like some mmos, that paying/subscribers/founders, get into the game, while F2P has to wait in line. To the back of the bus with you! On a long shot...they could invest into more servers, but i don't see that happening anytime soon. And finally to those that hate listening to whiners, instead of reminding us players to chill and go preoccupy ourselves with other mmos, you might let the devs know this too...for jumping ship comes easy to some of us.
  • haaliahaalia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hate it when the thing I got for free breaks, and I have to wait for the company who made it to fix it for free.
  • xuurxuur Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    would have liked to get through my first character creation at least.

oh well. maybe tomorrow
  • kellenfukellenfu Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    3) Since when is 4 hours a "QUICK" (your words not mine) window?

Because something went very, very wrong in a fundamental part of how the infrastructure is designed.
  • daas66daas66 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cashcharac wrote: »
    And here I felt bad about having to spend time w/ the woman friend. Now I have no regrets. Thanks <3

... and yet here you are, on the forums.
    Daas - Half-elven Trickster Rogue
    Order of the Silver Dragons - Dragon Shard
  • evilsprinklesevilsprinkles Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's clearly the end of the world!

:rolleyes:
    It was probably me.
  • muzrub333muzrub333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just goto bed and wake up early. Use these 4 hours for sleep, or a little wink wink nudge nudge, you'll feel great in the morning.
  • kingcrimsonekingcrimsone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1) Oh why don't the bunch of you whiners shut the heck up. That having been said....

2) Maintenance is something you to keep something that is already working smoothly running smoothly. This is not maintenance, its a fix, patch, repair or some other such thing, but it is not maintenance.

3) Since when is 4 hours a "QUICK" (your words not mine) window?

4) Do what you got to do, but I want a refund for the time the game is down... oh wait, its a free game in beta.... see 1)

Looks like the sticky says Maintenance to me. :D

Maintenance Tonight - 8pm to Midnight, Pacific Time

Hey All,

Update: Saturday 4:30PM PDT

The time of the maintenance has been locked down to 8:00 p.m. to midnight, Pacific Time. The goal of this maintenance is to apply another round of stability and performance updates to further support the high volume of players that are logging in to participate in the Neverwinter Open Beta. If the maintenance finishes sooner than the planned window, or is extended for any reason, we will definitely let you know right away.
  • edmureedmure Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    HERE

Domain Name: PLAYNEVERWINTER.COM
    Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, LLC.
    Whois Server: whois.networksolutions.com
    Referral URL: http://www.networksolutions.com/en_US/

1600 Lind Ave. SW
    Suite 400
    RENTON, WA 98055

Any more dumb questions ?

Leave the poor EU people alone, we can always go play those awesome EU made MMO/games.

oh wait....
  • vigilanteevigilantee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah I never even get to play EXCEPT at 8PM PST til midnight on Saturday and Sunday so NOW I ony get to play ONE day on my weekend, WTF reject decided this is the right time for maintenance? Who in thier right mind DIDNT anticipate ALOT OF TRAFFIC for this type of GAME? Ever heard of FRIDAY noon til 4PM? BEFORE the WEEKEND starts? Ya know like preventative maintenance, meaning BEFORE problems happen we look for possibilities and ensure BEFORE they happen we have them prevented>? Ya all need to make a committee call it the SEER group, this group brainstorms on preventing problems that havent happeneed yet but are very possible. Anticipating them and having fixxes put in place to prevent them so we dont lose out on quality game time during PEAK HOURS! This kind of thing is what fragments dedication and loyalty to games these days.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kellenfukellenfu Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vhalantru wrote: »
    Let's face it, this is the future of this game. Daily server crashes and maintenance. Maintenance being the wishful pre-emptive decision to eliminate prime time when players are most on. "I know how to fix a possible server crash! Let's just turn it off!" They are prolly sick of getting forum pages full of disgruntled players-which is also bad press. Yea yea, i've heard the ol' " this is beta " remarks. To that i say, i was in all beta before it became open beta. Server/game didn't have near the dissappointments as it has now. Obviously the influx of F2P players is detrimental to stability. I propose, like some mmos, that paying/subscribers/founders, get into the game, while F2P has to wait in line. To the back of the bus with you! On a long shot...they could invest into more servers, but i don't see that happening anytime soon. And finally to those that hate listening to whiners, instead of reminding us players to chill and go preoccupy ourselves with other mmos, you might let the devs know this too...for jumping ship comes easy to some of us.

Aha, glad the Official Crazy showed up...
  • lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To all those saying that Beta shouldn't charge for items: Please stop being outdated.

With the advent of Kickstarters, people are charging even before beta starts. (like for instance, founders packs)
    edmure wrote: »
    Leave the poor EU people alone, we can always go play those awesome EU made MMO/games.

oh wait....

I dunno about EU MMOs, but there's a nice NZ-made one, also F2P.
  • qelem72qelem72 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sssssshhhhhh I'm huntin wabbitts........
  • magoguitarristamagoguitarrista Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 105
    edited May 2013
    Its funny how some people thinks we all got one TIME ZONE, and they complain like girls... hahahaha
    Stop crying and go make something useful...
    By the way, its 0:48 am here, so thanks im going to sleep right now to continue prime time tomorrow ;)
  • zuleriazuleria Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pretty much the worst possible time to do maintenance
  • warloqwarloq Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Uh no. I personally just paypal'd $50 USD tonight after 2 nights of play to buy some keys to open premium chests.

THIS IS NOT BETA ANYMORE. STHU.
  • smarylinsmarylin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    qelem72 wrote: »
    Sssssshhhhhh I'm huntin wabbitts........

No buwwets weft.
  • solyad1solyad1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    smarylin wrote: »
    Real money with real customers?!?!?!? FFS I'm in over $250 already ....

Sweet Jesus, you may want to put a limit on that. I played for 2 days and sunk the 50.00 for the Guardian pack so I could get the free AD and the cool looking mount.
  • undeadranqeundeadranqe Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    HERE

1600 Lind Ave. SW
    Suite 400
    RENTON, WA 98055

The Devs are from U.S, that's normal. I'm talking about the servers, none of them have (EU) or something beside them, like some other games do. So in short, get over it. Your no special and neither am I. And don't try come at me with the 'any more dumb question' argument, try understanding my language before your ignorant opinion takes over what little brain cells you have.
  • strokanstrokan Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have no problem with them fixing problems. I actually glad they are spending a lot of time taking care of the problems. My only complaint is. Why are you doing it at a time when you have a lot of players on. Best time for maintenance would be early in the morning when everyone is sleeping or leaving for work and school. But other then that I'm liking this game and look forward to playing it more.
  • snarraldsnarrald Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Update: Saturday 4:30PM PDT Is this now? this is like a weird code to me, being european
  • pinkysansbrainpinkysansbrain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vhalantru wrote: »
    Let's face it, this is the future of this game. Daily server crashes and maintenance.

This happened with STO's F2P launch for about two to three weeks, and then they got everything ironed out. If this is still happening once archers and Drow are in the game, then maybe I'd agree with you. Until that point, I highly doubt this is "the future of this game".
  • blackravenxinblackravenxin Member Posts: 20
    edited May 2013
    HERE

1600 Lind Ave. SW
    Suite 400
    RENTON, WA 98055

>< you only showing who they registered the domain through...

that being said...

PWE which now owns Cryptic (if I understand it right) is based in California or the US publishing side anyway the main office is in China. which goes by the name Perfect World and the US branch Perfect World Entertainment...

PWE IS a US company supplying the US and various other countries access to the games PW China tells them to. If you really want to get mad at PW go complain to PW China since that is the head office.

This maintenance is an unscheduled emergency type maintenance to prevent issues over high loads.
  • birkelbirkel Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Game is really fun and solid so far exept some small issues here and there. Some being general bugs that are already well known while others are optimization issues in some zones. I'd love to see these issues being fixed asap since it will ensure this Neverwinters success and survival.

Overall the game runs great with alot of options and settings to play around with. But in some areas of some zones there are huge FPS drops for no reason what so ever. An example of this would be in Helm's hold. I can be running around with everything maxed out with around 70-100 fps while suddenly just turning my camera towards a specific object and my fps just drops hardcore down to around 40ish. Keep in mind there is no combat going on at this point. And the area dosen't even look that good compared to some of the other zones. And this is not a problem with my hardware since it can be recreated at any PC. Overall though the game is fluid and really fun, and so far it seems like the game will have a pleasant future. Thanks for a great game and keep the patches coming! :D
  • smarylinsmarylin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    solyad1 wrote: »
    Sweet Jesus, you may want to put a limit on that. I played for 2 days and sunk the 50.00 for the Guardian pack so I could get the free AD and the cool looking mount.

Founder's plus drunken Nightmare keys spending .... still no horse. :)
  • chaos134chaos134 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't mind them trying to stablize the game at all. I remember when Defiance launched lol. All Mmos are always ahving some issues starting off. I'm glad there doing some work while its in open beta still. That means less issues later down the road. ANyways keep up the work Perfect World.
  • dazedandinsanedazedandinsane Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wrenaq wrote: »
    I bet you are wrong.
    500 million live in the EU thats more than the USA...I know many of my gamer pals who are loving this game so far.

Well you're right that their are far more people on the large continent of EU(over 700mil,) but I'm better he was thinking England which is unlikely much more than 50-60 mil. The U.S. sits just above 300mil.

People the world over love games, a lot of idiots think just b/c a person speaks English, they must live near them, in this case the idiot is from the U.S. and thinks the world is very small outside its borders.
  • lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    warloq wrote: »
    Uh no. I personally just paypal'd $50 USD tonight after 2 nights of play to buy some keys to open premium chests.

THIS IS NOT BETA ANYMORE. STHU.

Go tell that to the people who paid $50+ before beta started. Watch said people laugh at your face.
  • a5m0d3u5a5m0d3u5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LOOK thing is its a BETA which means oh hey we want you guys to test our server so we can see what we need to fix the fact that they list it as a BETA means that it is not the finished product and they do not intend for this to be anything like the final image of their game. soooooooooooooo if you think you can do better GO MAKE YOUR OWN GAME and stop complaigning -_-
  • tindgetindge Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    While I agree Id rather be playing on a Saturday night along with everybody else. I am one of those that is experiancing stability issues, crashing during transitions or in highly populated areas (mostly in the protectors onclave). Never had any problems during Alpha testing or earlier beta play, so I can only guess its the mass increase in population.
    If maintenance can help with my issues then Im all for a few hr shutdown, even if on a Saturday night.
This discussion has been closed.