What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Maintenance Tonight - 8pm to Midnight, Pacific Time

Comments

• Options
    tabbeene1371tabbeene1371 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    but really, how long do we have untill servers are back up?
  • Options
    crtjstr10crtjstr10 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    brathunor wrote: »
    I like all the people in EU saying how great a time this is to take it down and scolding the NA folks that are upset. On facebook at least, every time there's been an issue so far, it was primarily the EU players complaining but anyhow...this is EXACTLY why there needs to be EU and NA servers. Then you can take servers down at region appropriate times.

This ^^^^^^
  • Options
    morelickkmorelickk Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Reading this thread killed over an hour for me, just saying! :cool:
  • Options
    mortyrbcnmortyrbcn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    other time can't play..
  • Options
    ronsonjonronsonjon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guess it's back to Beta Test Wildstar... :D
  • Options
    thaanimalthaanimal Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Heavens no, it's still out d;!
  • Options
    pinkysansbrainpinkysansbrain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    smarylin wrote: »
    Dude, I wasn't dissin' you ... that's as good as a "Snopes Win".

Oooh, I see. My bad, apologies indeed.

It's just far easier to find something with sources cited than waste time making a concise argument, especially when it's probably going to be lost on the intended audience.
  • Options
    gsgthighwaygsgthighway Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd bet money most of the cry babys are mad because by the time the servers come back up they'll be ready to go nite nite! lol
  • Options
    smarylinsmarylin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I was serious ... but you could, I don't know ... read.
  • Options
    jujakukejujakuke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And? I've known since sixth grade history that he wasn't saying anything about a jelly doughnut, I just wasn't in the mood to write a dang essay about how wrong they were. Wikipedia's got sources cited, if you really have a problem with usage of it.

Ya I am soooooo in awe about how you figured that out even though it is still laughed about that he called himself a jelly donut. Oh wait he did not wow and you must have been a great genius in sixth grade oh wait this is the internet your classes taught you how to wiki. Glad to know your schooling didn't skimp.
  • Options
    skullncrossskullncross Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what you mean learn from blizzard i remember when wow went live 6 months of server restarts so lets all learn from blizzard not.
  • Options
    xixtisxixtis Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    coldheaded wrote: »
    Maybe with this maintenance I won't have to un/reinstall game because of server timeout... chill out you can always play another game until the maint is over ...

I've had Neverwinter for three days now. I've been about to play for about 15 minutes.

They're making it quite easy for me to play another game, actually. In fact, I'm starting to wonder why I'm bothering here at all.
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what you mean learn from blizzard i remember when wow went live 6 months of server restarts so lets all learn from blizzard not.

To be fair, Blizzard learned that from Anarchy Online. :p
  • Options
    vorkagvorkag Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013

It's been an hour and half since servers went down. So we have 2.5 hours of currently stated time till servers up.

Anyway, seems most of you have forgotten that Cryptic had a massive server/network problem that drove all their games off line for several hours just days ago. Also, this is the first full weekend of Neverwinter with Founders, and all free 2 play people. It's also an MMO we all know they have issues the first few weeks of high activity. Thankfully it's not D3 or Simcity 5..
  • Options
    tabbeene1371tabbeene1371 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    haha i was just being lazy wondering if anyone knew off the top of there head
  • Options
    grinchqtgrinchqt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dunno why some ppl complaining about downtime right now would be unfair for NA and stuff.
    Last time (guess wednesday or last sunday) there was a 4hours downtime when it was 16 CET on EU, and servers came back online 20:30 CET.

But coz it's beta i can understand that sometimes a downtime in rush hours is needed, and coz it's a mixed server everytime some regions will feel like "oh snap".

Tbh, we all should cheer for the devs that they have done such an amazing job yet. They keep the hard work up and improving the game and the performance fast.
  • Options
    coldheadedcoldheaded Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree but make mine Wild Turkey 101 Kentucky Bourbon or Moonshine please ... roflmao
    smarylin wrote: »
    About 3 more scotches ... with ice.
  • Options
    syllphsyllph Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xixtis wrote: »
    I've had Neverwinter for three days now. I've been about to play for about 15 minutes.

They're making it quite easy for me to play another game, actually. In fact, I'm starting to wonder why I'm bothering here at all.

Really? I downloaded this game about 5 hours ago and have been able to play the whole time (until the pre-posted downtime just a few minutes ago)
  • Options
    blackravenxinblackravenxin Member Posts: 20
    edited May 2013
    i think folks need to stop with the bad mouthing other countries. find something better or leave cause that type of talk isn't winning anyone anything.
  • Options
    wertz350wertz350 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xixtis wrote: »

Can't argue this. A store can't make money if the doors are shut, and they're shutting them quite often.

Pretty tired of companies opening their games with cash shops open and calling it an open beta.. do you pay money for an offline game and expect it to be in open beta?
  • Options
    nicholaskoch90nicholaskoch90 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why this time?

This is not our normal maintenance time, but unfortunately the maintenance needs to be performed ASAP to ensure that the servers remain stable with the current traffic we are seeing.

So that's PST(8-12), and I'm EST.does that mean i have to wait 11-3am?
    If thats right^, and u had to do it asap, yall shoulda done it way earlier.
    Headshots are fun. BANG
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    jujakuke wrote: »
    Ya I am soooooo in awe about how you figured that out even though it is still laughed about that he called himself a jelly donut. Oh wait he did not wow and you must have been a great genius in sixth grade oh wait this is the internet your classes taught you how to wiki. Glad to know your schooling didn't skimp.

Let me guess, you work in IT?
  • Options
    smarylinsmarylin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    coldheaded wrote: »
    I agree but make mine Wild Turkey 101 Kentucky Bourbon or Moonshine please ... roflmao

TBH I'm all out of scotch so it's Devil's Cut ATM.
  • Options
    skoalface007skoalface007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 45
    edited May 2013
    I'd bet money most of the cry babys are mad because by the time the servers come back up they'll be ready to go nite nite! lol

No, the babies are made because most people can't spell.
  • Options
    filth04filth04 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The idiocy on display in this thread has been phenomenal. I haven't laughed this hard at a forum in a long while.

Thank you all and good night.
  • Options
    skoalface007skoalface007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 45
    edited May 2013
    grinchqt wrote: »
    Dunno why some ppl complaining about downtime right now would be unfair for NA and stuff.
    Last time (guess wednesday or last sunday) there was a 4hours downtime when it was 16 CET on EU, and servers came back online 20:30 CET.

But coz it's beta i can understand that sometimes a downtime in rush hours is needed, and coz it's a mixed server everytime some regions will feel like "oh snap".

Tbh, we all should cheer for the devs that they have done such an amazing job yet. They keep the hard work up and improving the game and the performance fast.

WTF is a coz?
  • Options
    hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    filth04 wrote: »
    The idiocy on display in this thread has been phenomenal. I haven't laughed this hard at a forum in a long while.

A simpleton is always easily amused
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    filth04 wrote: »

I like to fuel the fire from time to time, keep the "conversation" going.
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Um, yeah, I have an idea, allow us to connect to the servers while the servers are down. They could be hosted on a separate server how? You still would need to login and verify your account. And lets be real, I got Dollars to Donuts that they are using a Group of interconnected VM server on a storage array, so one goes down for maintenance, they all go down.

This idea would be a logistical nightmare for file transfers and people would complain that there edits never made it to live shard they intended.

**Shrug** My server maintenance is done.

Doesn't work when they need to take down ALL their game servers at once. We're lucky the forums aren't on the same server. :p
This discussion has been closed.