Install Arc
Options

Server Status Updates

Comments

• Options
    neuraldamageneuraldamage Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    futrix wrote: »
    Someone made a mistake on the server status page and all of a sudden the game isn't in open beta anymore?
    Yeah nice try. :rolleyes:

Someone mistakenly calls this an open beta and you believed them? :rolleyes:

I've been playing MMOGs since 97 and never once have I seen an "open beta" that didn't end in a character wipe.

You do the math. :p

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
  • Options
    varadhurvaradhur Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I want to cheer up to the the developments teams, but my english is bad, so i put this in spanish :D

Pues eso que queria daros mucho animo y transmitiros que la gran mayoria entendemos que esto se trata de una Beta y que esta para lidiar con situaciones como estas antes de sacar un producto definitivamente terminado.

Un pensamiento: Del gran volumen de jugadores, cuantos se vienen a los foros a llorar y amenazar en cuanto hay el mas minimo problema?, yo diria que la proporcion es infima, ya que la mayoria, al entender que esto es una Beta, ni siquiera se molestan, saben que estais trabajando en ello y lo arreglareis lo antes posible. Desgraciadamente los llorones hacen mucho ruido y a veces parecen aprendices de esclavistas, lamentable.

Bueno, pues eso muchas gracias, mucho animo y fuera estres :)

P.D.: para los que gestionan los foros, cada vez que intento escribir una letra con acento corta el texto
  • Options
    pathmightbepathmightbe Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can you guys please start a new thread " Beta or Live ? " and post there ...... or STFU please....
  • Options
    creiticreiti Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    skeeter82 wrote: »
    Best part about being a veteran gamer (over 25 years of gaming, yeah, I started with Atari...old school) is that I see this happen in EVERY game. Everquest, PWI, Neverwinter Nights, the Diablo series, FW, Runescape, RO, Fiesta, EQ2...it doesn't matter

been around since Atari myself, but can't say I've been gaming 25 years. I am only 26 after all.. (been gaming 24 :P )
  • Options
    revmalrevmal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    E.T. nuff said, lol
  • Options
    skeeter82skeeter82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    araleth wrote: »
    I agree, but we didn't see it with Atari Pitfall!!!!!

That's because Pitfall was on a level of epic proportions that the new generation of gamers will never appreciate except with a cheap flash knockoff they play during times like this when the servers are down.
  • Options
    lycanthroat78lycanthroat78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 72
    edited May 2013

We indeed did! They never did get the servers working for that game!!! :)
  • Options
    beezlebug42beezlebug42 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    esmith87 wrote: »
    I love how everything on forums ends up being pointless childish flame wars. Neverwinter just went down, hm... guess I'll argue with strangers online about what the term beta means for an hour or so... Not like anyone would come to this thread to read about the game

yeah sign this ;)
  • Options
    araletharaleth Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    creiti wrote: »
    been around since Atari myself, but can't say I've been gaming 25 years. I am only 26 after all.. (been gaming 24 :P )

26 and you have been around since Atari???? You are a Nintendo baby. Nintendo released in 1985, few years before you were born.
  • Options
    direcrowdirecrow Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Someone mistakenly calls this an open beta and you believed them? :rolleyes:

I've been playing MMOGs since 97 and never once have I seen an "open beta" that didn't end in a character wipe.

You do the math. :p

Then you haven't played ****.
    I've yet to see an open beta in the 20+ mmorpgs I've played CBT and OBT, that ended in a wipe.

CLOSED BETA - 90-100% chance of wipe.
    OPEN BETA - 90-100% chance of NO wipe.
    Mindflayer Shard - @direcrow
    The Dire Crow - Tiefling TR
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC
  • Options
    krank43krank43 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    runicfi wrote: »
    You can call it a launched game all you like, its still open beta.

I understand the need for ppl to get the last word in and try to prove they are right etc, but really! is it so neccessary to constantly bicker about a word? Your playing the game, I assume your enjoying your experience, surely if someone has to say the game has gone live will that be detrimental to your gaming time?

The problems we face wether the game has remained in beta or gone live are no less different, the affects of these issues are still felt by a tester or a customer, the disappointment or joy invoked by the game is still no less apparent in either game state.

So why not be the better person, ignore a silly argument and try to remember what this thread is really about, keeping us updated on the state of the servers while the problems are resolved. I have been pleasantly surprised with the speed at which news has been passed onto us by the team, keep up the good work.
  • Options
    skeeter82skeeter82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeah sign this ;)

BUAHAHA /10char
  • Options
    sillysapsillysap Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Shut up they've just launched it so just wait..... great job <3 the game
  • Options
    araletharaleth Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We indeed did! They never did get the servers working for that game!!! :)

I was running rigged LANs... what you talking about!
  • Options
    runicfirunicfi Member Posts: 269 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    <image removed>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    abcdefg2234abcdefg2234 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    That's because Pitfall was on a level of epic proportions that the new generation of gamers will never appreciate except with a cheap flash knockoff they play during times like this when the servers are down.

Missile Command > Pitfall!
  • Options
    onarollof4onarollof4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Easy up on them huh, they have gone through alot of effort to bring us this game, its only recently been released any gamer should know that with anything new you should expect things to go wrong, they are here, they are fixing it. What they don't need is someone randomly telling them to get things sorted out when they are already here 24/7 doing exactly that, have some patience.
    Testimonium Infinem
  • Options
    direcrowdirecrow Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Two letters....E.T.
    Mindflayer Shard - @direcrow
    The Dire Crow - Tiefling TR
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC
  • Options
    neanderthalmanneanderthalman Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This thread is waitin on the techs to tell us about the game not boast about how many games we have played before can we please stay on topic
  • Options
    webangelwebangel Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    runicfi wrote: »
    <image removed>

!!! Epic !!! (:
    Fire and Blood!
  • Options
    barloombarloom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm 36 and proud to call myself an Atari baby :)
  • Options
    abcdefg2234abcdefg2234 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    This thread is waitin on the techs to tell us about the game not boast about how many games we have played before can we please stay on topic

ummmm...what was the topic again?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    HEHE, and I'm one of those 30 something gamers. So I was hooked from the Atari era. I catch a lot of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for gaming so much at my age, but fact is that I travel a lot and when you're seeing the inside of a different hotel room every few weeks, gaming tends to be a nice familiar comfort.
  • Options
    pathmightbepathmightbe Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lmao.........
  • Options
    yultyult Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I know you probably won't read this but I want to thank you for this thread and it's updates. This is communication done right, and it goes a long way.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    abaynia wrote: »
    Funny... in that post it just says that the Launch of Neverwinter is exiciting not that its the cause... but ohh well..

Its curious... but wait THERES MOAR http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=221241 Champs goes down also.
    The one thing these games we know share are its chat servers there is something seriously broked with that set up :I

Lets give Nevewinter the benefit of the doubt. CO and STO sharing a chat server was fine nothing borked BUT add a game suddenly that has a population that rivals STO and its pushed it to its limits. Could be the issue.
  • Options
    beezlebug42beezlebug42 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    BUAHAHA /10char

soo? its always the same, doesn't matter what forum. Its not about my Char its about your whining.
    cry me a river, plz :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    barloom wrote: »
    I'm 36 and proud to call myself an Atari baby :)

I'm with ya there, atari, nintendo, and C64 ftw!
  • Options
    lycanthroat78lycanthroat78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 72
    edited May 2013
    direcrow wrote: »
    Then you haven't played ****.
    I've yet to see an open beta in the 20+ mmorpgs I've played CBT and OBT, that ended in a wipe.

CLOSED BETA - 90-100% chance of wipe.
    OPEN BETA - 90-100% chance of NO wipe.

Ultima Online, Dark Age of Camelot, World of Warcraft, Warhammer Online all wiped after OB. Just to name a few.
  • Options
    minhazulminhazul Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    Thanks for being up and around at those late hours!

I wanna make u my cat imivo.
This discussion has been closed.