• jtriffitt1jtriffitt1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Love the game keep up the good work.:D
  • nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    webangel wrote: »
    It's Beta, so ... (:

Its not just beta so no. :(

Cryptic needs to put these games on different systems cause its all three down at once AGAIN! Its not fair for the players in the other games having an unstable unfinished beta bring them down.

I was in the middle of my STO fleet meeting and BAMO down. I had a perfect set up for my day off, morning of STO, afternoon of CO with a evening of Neverwinter. Man it was going to be wonderful. Be meh I'll go play Skyrim while its all down at the end of the day not me losing monies.
  • nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hmm there seem to be quiet the issues if so many unforseen downtimes happen in such short time
  • sekkurelsekkurel Member Posts: 6
    edited May 2013
    A small message to all those whiny people that complain about servers etc.

You probably have no idea how hard can it be to hold a server. From internet failures to power outages to god knows what can happen. Its a risk you are willing to take when you sign up and even more so when you payed. So give them some support.

And this has nothing to do with being a "beta" Its practically launched atm and is patching bugs that pop up when a massive amount of players do something. This is what Open Beta means nowadays so quit complaining. So far Cryptic has done nothing but deliver and unlike other MMO's from PWE or other publishers they actually interact with the community. So points for them.

Now for those that plan to stay up late i suggest they go get a good nights sleep. The game is not going anywhere. And for those with housework/homework/work in general i offer the same advice. This is a game. Real life is more important then this game
  • skeeter82skeeter82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yay for Solitaire!!!

It's the age old solution to server downtime :)
  • azracazrac Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    runicfi wrote: »
    No matter what any of you think, it's beta, and things happen.

Nothing will change that, especially your crying.

No matter how much you wanna pretend it's a beta and it's ok, this is a pre-launch called a Beta so they can excuse not having full service.

A "Beta" without a char-wipe between it and launch is just a pre-launch, afterall the beta is intended to weed out issues and bugs, and the wipe is intended to make sure that nobody who benefitted from finding and "using" a bug, gets to carry over this advantage to the real/live game.
    Without a wipe and without any real chance to punish the people who do this (afterall, they are just "beta-testing" the bug), it's just a pre-launch with another name to add excuses.

Defend them all you want, but people paid to get into this "beta" pre-launch, because they knew their chars would not get wiped and they would be able to play before full launch and the expected service is not available.
  • wolfiaczek1wolfiaczek1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Update 2 (1:37AM PDT): We are making excellent progress and are working to bring the servers back up as soon as we can. Thanks for your patience!

I love you guys for this positive attitude while there are so many raging kids around here :). Just love you. Keep up good work.
  • samasabovesamasabove Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yar, the industry is only serving what they get paid for. If the player base is willing to throw money at them to release an unfinished product then so long as the creator can fix the product after ship they would be fully mad not to give the customer what they request.
  • js3bjs3b Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    **** wish support was working on week-eed, i want my guardian status :( they say Thank you for supporting Neverwinter!
    You may still purchase Neverwinter Starter Kits, or you can pick up a Hero of the North Founder's Pack for additional content! but i got nothing from them :( lol
    Founder back a week ago, already pissed by cryptic ''no roll back'' decision

• flotytyeahflotytyeah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    I'm impressed about Dev work. They fix a lot of things already in blink of the eye. I mean it's taking about 20 minutes but it will be fixed soon, not like in other MMO's or hack'n'slash games ( some game with the devil as main boos ) where ppl had to wait day or two to game work properly. Thank you Devs for great work, maybe I will buy you some nice pizza soon! ^ ^
  • runicfirunicfi Member Posts: 269 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    azrac wrote: »
    No matter how much you wanna pretend it's a beta and it's ok, this is a pre-launch called a Beta so they can excuse not having full service.

Hmm nah its just a beta where things can be expected to go wrong. Will be a beta until the end of time and space and you will be wrong with your opinion, forever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Some people need to take a chill pill. There is always going to be hardware issues after a mmo opens up.
  • sabo630sabo630 Member Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    beta = they need to find the bugs in the code before launch....
  • webangelwebangel Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How much $ you spend for Neverwinet?
    Fire and Blood!
  • menjaollesmenjaolles Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Tnx for your work and continuous updates in post for inform ppl, in other online games don't inform ppl :)
    edited May 2013
    flotytyeah wrote: »
    I'm impressed about Dev work. They fix a lot of things already in blink of the eye. I mean it's taking about 20 minutes but it will be fixed soon, not like in other MMO's or hack'n'slash games ( some game with the devil as main boos ) where ppl had to wait day or two to game work properly. Thank you Devs for great work, maybe I will buy you some nice pizza soon! ^ ^

Great work? You do know Neverwinter keeps crashing Star trek Online. An unstable beta crash Cryptic's main game is not good work.
  • webangelwebangel Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    Its not just beta so no. :(

Cryptic needs to put these games on different systems cause its all three down at once AGAIN! Its not fair for the players in the other games having an unstable unfinished beta bring them down.

I was in the middle of my STO fleet meeting and BAMO down. I had a perfect set up for my day off, morning of STO, afternoon of CO with a evening of Neverwinter. Man it was going to be wonderful. Be meh I'll go play Skyrim while its all down at the end of the day not me losing monies.

How much you spend $ for Neverwinter?
    Fire and Blood!
  • nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sekkurel wrote: »
    A small message to all those whiny people that complain about servers etc.

You probably have no idea how hard can it be to hold a server. From internet failures to power outages to god knows what can happen. Its a risk you are willing to take when you sign up and even more so when you payed. So give them some support.

And this has nothing to do with being a "beta" Its practically launched atm and is patching bugs that pop up when a massive amount of players do something. This is what Open Beta means nowadays so quit complaining. So far Cryptic has done nothing but deliver and unlike other MMO's from PWE or other publishers they actually interact with the community. So points for them.

Now for those that plan to stay up late i suggest they go get a good nights sleep. The game is not going anywhere. And for those with housework/homework/work in general i offer the same advice. This is a game. Real life is more important then this game

what Kind of crapp youre writing...Hosting a Server today is the easiest most inexpensive Thing for a game Company and theyre experts at it - every Company manages to run their Server without These issues...im not complaining about the downtime, it happens, but saying this is very complicated is simply wrong - power outages...really? you live in nord Korea???
  • runicfirunicfi Member Posts: 269 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Im interested in what these crybabies are trying to achieve? Do they think crying will magically fix hardware issues?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bruteoragebruteorage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any news on the status??
  • lycanthroat78lycanthroat78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 72
    edited May 2013
    js3b wrote: »
    **** wish support was working on week-eed, i want my guardian status :( they say Thank you for supporting Neverwinter!
    You may still purchase Neverwinter Starter Kits, or you can pick up a Hero of the North Founder's Pack for additional content! but i got nothing from them :( lol

I didn't have any problem with mine. If you're talking about your forum status you have to set it up.
  • sabo630sabo630 Member Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    name a game that didnt start or launch with problems... you cant. So just relax and chill out. Its BETA this means that they know they are going to experience problems and they need time to iron things out before launch.
  • xenoclixxenoclix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My luck continues in games lol!!

In all MMO's that i have decided to randomly download and play (for however long they have been out for). They have been down for maintenance every time i have finished and ready to play.

Dosnt bother me. Can read more about the game and get bit more hyped up - just always on a time schedule sometimes though :(.

Goodluck with the server fixes!
  • unibrownunibrown Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    azrac wrote: »

A "Beta" without a char-wipe between it and launch is just a pre-launch, afterall the beta is intended to weed out issues and bugs, and the wipe is intended to make sure that nobody who benefitted from finding and "using" a bug, gets to carry over this advantage to the real/live game.
    Without a wipe and without any real chance to punish the people who do this (afterall, they are just "beta-testing" the bug), it's just a pre-launch with another name to add excuses.

Defend them all you want, but people paid to get into this "beta" pre-launch, because they knew their chars would not get wiped and they would be able to play before full launch and the expected service is not available.

They were given the option of paying even though they knew the game was in beta-stage. If a game is completely stable then it's not a beta.
  • bobherkamerbobherkamer Member Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    quick forum response is a good sign of a good game. I got to create a character, went to attack my first mob and servers went down haha. Lets hope as the game grows the support is still as quick and readily available :)
  • skeeter82skeeter82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think the issue here is that a lot of people don't understand what an open Beta is. The reason they even do a beta in the first place is to work out kinks like this. Some games never even go to an open beta and release with a lot of potential bugs waiting to be found. Stop whining bout this and realize that it's actually a GOOD thing that they're finding these issues now instead of a few weeks down the line when you're, oh, I don't know, about 10% from making a progression raid kill.

And for those whining about paying for an unfinished product: There was absolutely NO indication that this was a finished product. To my knowledge, there is no such thing in the MMORPG world anyway. Every major patch and expansion brings a new wave of issues that get resolved as things move along. I'd like to remind these people that the game is FREE TO PLAY. You didn't have to pay a dime. If you bought a Founders Pack, that's fine. You'll get to use it, but you should have realized that you were taking a chance just like everyone else who purchased this. You don't have to spend a dime to play, but you opted to do so, therefore the fault lies only on yourself.

To the Cryptic/PWE team, keep working at it and don't let the whiners and crybabies ruin what could be the top F2P MMORPG of 2013.
  • vanistarovanistaro Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    great job on the communication. much better with this outage.
    edited May 2013
    webangel wrote: »
    How much you spend $ for Neverwinter?

So far $60. And over a grand in STO over the last few years so yeah they will be losing monies. STO is down because of Neverwinter. I like Neverwinter and I plan to play it a lot but NEWS FLASH STO is Cryptics/PWE's main money maker. That being down isnt good for either game.
  • sekkurelsekkurel Member Posts: 6
    edited May 2013
    Is it that outrages to think that a power outage can shut down a server ? They still need internet and internet as far as i know runs on electricity ( well the devices that provide it run on it ) so yeah a power outage somewhere CAN shut down a server. Not to mention software/hardware issues that can appear at any time. Yeah its not a walk in a park considering they have 3 games with multiple servers up not to mention website servers forum servers etc. Yeah its a peace of cake :)

And maybe i am from North Korea ? Is that an issue here ?
    edited May 2013
    I didn't have any problem with mine. If you're talking about your forum status you have to set it up.

my Problem with the Support would be is that they ignore controversial Topics. I didnt get my Money for my auctions and for the crafting i did - they ignored it (tickets dont even Show up in my list) - whereas all the other bug reports Show up, altough they were introduced later...

HOLY cow you spendt a Grand on sto? THANK YOU GOOD SIR - your pushing the values of my pwe stocks
This discussion has been closed.