Options

Server Status Updates

Comments

• Options
    istianisistianis Member Posts: 29
    edited May 2013
    direcrow wrote: »
    Then you haven't played ****.
    I've yet to see an open beta in the 20+ mmorpgs I've played CBT and OBT, that ended in a wipe.

CLOSED BETA - 90-100% chance of wipe.
    OPEN BETA - 90-100% chance of NO wipe.

Please name them , cause i would agree on the original post. All open beta
  • Options
    noxshadow1noxshadow1 Member Posts: 170 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    dupsu wrote: »
    They call it Open Beta, so you should call it that even if it shows "Live" in one place. Look anywhere else and it says Open Beta.

Haha...just because I should do something doesn't mean I will. I guarantee you will NOT see a post claiming when the game goes from "Open Beta" to "Live". You could probably dig around and look for one on another game, but I know PWI and FW were never announced "officially" as "Live". Not sure about STO because...well...I don't play it? Blacklight wasn't, neither was War of the Immortals (or Battle? I skimmed over those games).

Cryptic might come out and say something...but guess what...all the "I paid for this, I should get everything I paid for" arguments...have to go through PWE...NOT Cryptic.

And...as a final statement...a statement of finality if you will...unless you're one of the people mentioned in the previous statement, this wasn't directed towards you. I have no intention of arguing semantics with someone who I agree with on principle, but disagree with on status. If you ARE silly enough to be one of those people and insist on calling it Open Beta...you're simply proving the pervading point and becoming self-defeating...and it's sheer folly to fool with defeatists....
  • Options
    neanderthalmanneanderthalman Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yult wrote: »
    I know you probably won't read this but I want to thank you for this thread and it's updates. This is communication done right, and it goes a long way.

All they need to to remove the children who claim they are older than IT itself so we can see if the devs have replied
  • Options
    skeeter82skeeter82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Gotta love the new gen gamers.
  • Options
    araletharaleth Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    skeeter82 wrote: »
    HEHE, and I'm one of those 30 something gamers. So I was hooked from the Atari era. I catch a lot of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for gaming so much at my age, but fact is that I travel a lot and when you're seeing the inside of a different hotel room every few weeks, gaming tends to be a nice familiar comfort.

I could care less if I traveled or not. Gaming is just pure fun. I am almost 40 and I am not anywhere near giving up gaming. Sometimes I need a little death and carnage so I don't take it out on someone driving slow as F*ck in front of me!
  • Options
    creiticreiti Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    araleth wrote: »
    26 and you have been around since Atari???? You are a Nintendo baby. Nintendo released in 1985, few years before you were born.
    I said I started with Atari, not that I was around when it was released

er.. ok, I said that wrong..
  • Options
    indigocelindigocel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wonder if this thread could be locked for developer updates only. I'd rather not have to sift through endless flame wars to get the real updates.
  • Options
    malorndmalornd Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Heh, ironic. Do any of the people complaining that 'no game does this' remember the WoW beta? That was . . . messed up. Whatever WoW is now, most of us here are ex-wow addicts, I bet. I just finished being a PS2 beta tester, it was messed up, and people said the exact same <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about 'no professional game has these problems'. Beta is Beta, let us be at peace.

To avoid boasting, I actually never played the Wow beta. :rolleyes: But I do have friends who did.

I 2nd the thread lock.
  • Options
    istianisistianis Member Posts: 29
    edited May 2013
    Ultima Online, Dark Age of Camelot, World of Warcraft, Warhammer Online all wiped after OB. Just to name a few.

I ll add , Asherons call , Asherons Call 2 , Earth and Beyong , Anarchy Online , Age of Conan also wiped after open beta
  • Options
    skeeter82skeeter82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    creiti wrote: »
    I said I started with Atari, not that I was around when it was released

er.. ok, I said that wrong..

Well, if we really want to be technical, I started with ActionMax...one of those ancient systems that came programmed with a couple games and that was ALL. Atari was just the flavor of the day.
  • Options
    barloombarloom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm with ya there, atari, nintendo, and C64 ftw!

Lol! I see your C64 and raise you an Amstrad and, later, an Amiga ;)
  • Options
    revmalrevmal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Uhmm...40 and I started on Atari, and AD&D and the red-box P&P editions that started this whole gaming thing
  • Options
    direcrowdirecrow Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    skeeter82 wrote: »
    HEHE, and I'm one of those 30 something gamers. So I was hooked from the Atari era. I catch a lot of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for gaming so much at my age, but fact is that I travel a lot and when you're seeing the inside of a different hotel room every few weeks, gaming tends to be a nice familiar comfort.

Screw 'em (the people who give you grief). I'm 36, grew up on Atari, the Commodore 64, then Sega Master System/NES. I remember going to arcades and playing games like Space Harrier, Golden Axe, Narc and Ninja Gaiden. Its in my blood. Someone has an issue with my hobby, I tell 'em to climb a mountain of dicks and eat their way down.
    Mindflayer Shard - @direcrow
    The Dire Crow - Tiefling TR
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Then you haven't played ****.
    I've yet to see an open beta in the 20+ mmorpgs I've played CBT and OBT, that ended in a wipe.

CLOSED BETA - 90-100% chance of wipe.
    OPEN BETA - 90-100% chance of NO wipe.
    Perfect world OB- launch: Wiped
    Forsaken World OB - Launch: Wiped
    Diablo 3 OB - launch: Wiped

You were saying?
  • Options
    fermiafulfermiaful Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    arathink all here are to young to understad that one...Do i smell the sand:P
  • Options
    revmalrevmal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    revmal wrote: »
    Uhmm...40 and I started on Atari, and AD&D and the red-box P&P editions that started this whole gaming thing

Yes that's right paper and pencil, i would game even without fancy electronics.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    indigocel wrote: »
    I wonder if this thread could be locked for developer updates only. I'd rather not have to sift through endless flame wars to get the real updates.

Go to "Track The Dev" forum. They update the first post when they make progress.
  • Options
    neuraldamageneuraldamage Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ultima Online, Dark Age of Camelot, World of Warcraft, Warhammer Online all wiped after OB. Just to name a few.

Neener, neener Direcrow. Guess I HAVE played ****. LOL!

Furthermore, every Cryptic-made MMOG started Live with a headstart period for people who payed large sums of money. Do the math.

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
  • Options
    abcdefg2234abcdefg2234 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    I could care less if I traveled or not. Gaming is just pure fun. I am almost 40 and I am not anywhere near giving up gaming. Sometimes I need a little death and carnage so I don't take it out on someone driving slow as F*ck in front of me!

What's funny is my pops is almost master prestige on Black Ops 2. He's almost 60. We started gaming together with the original Everquest back in like '99.

Gaming is just a way of life for some people, like any other hobby...which is why you get complaints and crying when servers go down.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    malornd wrote: »
    I just finished being a PS2 beta tester

full name of this please?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Screw 'em (the people who give you grief). I'm 36, grew up on Atari, the Commodore 64, then Sega Master System/NES. I remember going to arcades and playing games like Space Harrier, Golden Axe, Narc and Ninja Gaiden. Its in my blood. Someone has an issue with my hobby, I tell 'em to climb a mountain of dicks and eat their way down.

OMG, the arcade. I think I put the arcade owner's kid through college. But I was one bad muthah at Galaga.
  • Options
    fermiafulfermiaful Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you know nothing boy:D wow was a paradise if you compare to diablo 3..or sim city:P
  • Options
    john98837john98837 Member Posts: 764 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Atleast you guys get updates over here, all us on sto are just being left to complain on the forums without any updates at all.
  • Options
    joeldgnjoeldgn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 76
    edited May 2013

The "I don't understand 'beta' or any other game industry terminology" crowd is still going strong somehow.
  • Options
    neanderthalmanneanderthalman Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Go to "Track The Dev" forum. They update the first post when they make progress.
    Go to face book and talk crude to each other thats where you post mindless junk for no reason
  • Options
    ineednonameineednoname Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At exactly the same time that the server fell the phone went to say we had a server go down at work. I had to go and fix it. I'm home now.... I think I win.
  • Options
    colkernelcolkernel Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    Thanks for being up and around at those late hours!
    koranes wrote: »
    come on guys get your hardware/software under control.
    The real updates are all edited into the 1st post.

No sifting required.

You're welcome.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I spent to much time playing Centipede :3
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Golden Axw... I sank so much money into that game!!!!
  • Options
    fifix92fifix92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "Update 4 (2:14AM PDT): We're still working on making the shards available for everyone and are getting closer to having an ETA for you. Thanks!"

Seems it will take some time.
This discussion has been closed.