Comments

• Options
    lowerlower Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aww i wanna play
  • Options
    dupsudupsu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Keep calm and wait, raging here won't make it any faster.
  • Options
    js3bjs3b Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I didn't have any problem with mine. If you're talking about your forum status you have to set it up.

i know.. tried, nothing work, and its greyed out when i go to fouder page, so transaction went trought but i got nothing... in the general discussion there is a thread and im not the only one who it happened to :( hoo well my luck i guess
    Founder back a week ago, already pissed by cryptic ''no roll back'' decision

• Options
    allanonbohallanonboh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    guys, just like you i'm dying to get back ingame, and atm trying to figure out what to kill time with till servers back, but realise beta has nothing to do with this.. beta = software ... the servers are down thats hardware and it happens to the best of people and companies. This game is awesome and worth waiting abit and putting up with some problems. Also remember that NO game is perfect and will have what everyone wants 10000 players you can't put in what everyone of them wants in a game .. well maybe you could but i for one don't have 50 HD's to install a game like that >.<

this game and company do a better job than most so lets cut them some slack :)

p.s. if this doesn't make you rethink things remember games like eve have daily downtimes that say 1hr but can last up to 5 or 6 lets be thankfull this game isn't like that =D all that being said i'm going to go browse some indie games to kill some time :P

thanks to all the staff working on the problem
  • Options
    horatium88horatium88 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    quick forum response is a good sign of a good game. I got to create a character, went to attack my first mob and servers went down haha. Lets hope as the game grows the support is still as quick and readily available :)
    so it's your fault... that mob crashed the server... you should feel bad.

Regarding issues with servers, kids should learn, that not everything work smooth. I'm 95% sure, all who are crying are kids who have no idea how to do anything else than ask money from parents and buy stuff and if they dont get, they cry...
  • Options
    lycanthroat78lycanthroat78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 72
    edited May 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    So far $60. And over a grand in STO over the last few years so yeah they will be losing monies. STO is down because of Neverwinter. I like Neverwinter and I plan to play it a lot but NEWS FLASH STO is Cryptics/PWE's main money maker. That being down isnt good for either game.

Oh stop it. It's not because of Neverwinter. The game didn't crash the servers. The recent influx of players trying out the new game did. It will get fixed. Have patience.
  • Options
    ugibugibugiugibugibugi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    credit given where credit should be given. Really great you guys keep us informed about the situations when there is issues ^^ keep the updates coming.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    skeeter82 wrote: »
    I think the issue here is that a lot of people don't understand what an open Beta is. The reason they even do a beta in the first place is to work out kinks like this. Some games never even go to an open beta and release with a lot of potential bugs waiting to be found. Stop whining bout this and realize that it's actually a GOOD thing that they're finding these issues now instead of a few weeks down the line when you're, oh, I don't know, about 10% from making a progression raid kill.

And for those whining about paying for an unfinished product: There was absolutely NO indication that this was a finished product. To my knowledge, there is no such thing in the MMORPG world anyway. Every major patch and expansion brings a new wave of issues that get resolved as things move along. I'd like to remind these people that the game is FREE TO PLAY. You didn't have to pay a dime. If you bought a Founders Pack, that's fine. You'll get to use it, but you should have realized that you were taking a chance just like everyone else who purchased this. You don't have to spend a dime to play, but you opted to do so, therefore the fault lies only on yourself.

To the Cryptic/PWE team, keep working at it and don't let the whiners and crybabies ruin what could be the top F2P MMORPG of 2013.

AGAIN ....when that beta crashes the other BIGGER GAME its not just a freaking beta problem http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=653451
  • Options
    lycanthroat78lycanthroat78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 72
    edited May 2013
    js3b wrote: »
    i know.. tried, nothing work, and its greyed out when i go to fouder page, so transaction went trought but i got nothing... in the general discussion there is a thread and im not the only one who it happened to :( hoo well my luck i guess

By chance did you check your email? I had to click an email to finish my transaction before I got any of the stuff I bought.
  • Options
    pasainpasain Member Posts: 53
    edited May 2013
    Awesome, some of the best updating on server status I seen, keep up the good work :)
  • Options
    sekkurelsekkurel Member Posts: 6
    edited May 2013
    Im not raging :)

Anyway to make a summary of that jumbled post before : People need to relax they will get there game. The people that wanna pull an all nigher i suggest to go to sleep to feel rested for tomorrow when the servers will 100% be up. As for those with other stuff to do i suggest they go and do it instead of refreshing this thread. You will have more time to play this way. And for those that rage at this small break in our gaming time well take a chill pill. This thing happens to all MMO's sooner or later. I think its good that this happened now. They will fix it and prevent it in the future so less downtimes from now on.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Oh stop it. It's not because of Neverwinter. The game didn't crash the servers. The recent influx of players trying out the new game did. It will get fixed. Have patience.

Shows you how much you know this was posted in the STO forums the other day.

# 1 5.2.13 - Temporary Outage
    05-02-2013, 08:03 PM
    Thank you SO MUCH for your patience during this outage.

We have isolated the hardware failure and we are slowly bringing back all services, step by step, to ensure there are no more unexpected networking hardware issues.

The portal-wide beta test launch of a new game (Neverwinter) is an extremely exciting time for us and we thank you again for your continued patience and support as we work out the issues during this testing period. Be assured that we are absolutely committed to launching an excellent game while maintaining our current network of games and would like to thank all of our committed players during this time.

We'll have new hardware in place and us up, shined and secure, soon as we can. Thank you for being amazing, supportive players and helping spread the message while we get things resolved. We will keep you up to date as the situation progresses.

Thank you,

The Perfect World Team
  • Options
    psychonakedpsychonaked Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So when the server goes down everyone comes to forums to whine
    Now thats good use of time
  • Options
    istha87istha87 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Aw server's down again :( and I was hoping to level a bit heh... I hope you guys get it fixed soon :) Any new updates or ETA?

Thank you to the awesome staff who are working on this so late to get it fixed! Keep up the good work.

I only started playing this game 2-3 days ago and I have to say I have played many MMO's before but this one has made me notice big differences in the games! love it! :o;)
  • Options
    araletharaleth Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sekkurel wrote: »
    Is it that outrages to think that a power outage can shut down a server ? They still need internet and internet as far as i know runs on electricity ( well the devices that provide it run on it ) so yeah a power outage somewhere CAN shut down a server. Not to mention software/hardware issues that can appear at any time. Yeah its not a walk in a park considering they have 3 games with multiple servers up not to mention website servers forum servers etc. Yeah its a peace of cake :)

And maybe i am from North Korea ? Is that an issue here ?

Actually a power outage wouldn't do anything to a company hosting a server. All companies have a DRP (Disaster Recovery Plan) whether it is a generator which kicks in right as the power is going out or if it is an off site hosting party which takes over if the company or the companies IP has a failure. A company like this would more than likely have an offsite host through a different internet company and probably in a different state. Any first year IT major could tell you this.
  • Options
    mennelonmennelon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    It's beta, stuff happens. Looking forward to getting back on when it's up again.
  • Options
    futrixfutrix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    azrac wrote: »
    No matter how much you wanna pretend it's a beta and it's ok, this is a pre-launch called a Beta so they can excuse not having full service.

A "Beta" without a char-wipe between it and launch is just a pre-launch, afterall the beta is intended to weed out issues and bugs, and the wipe is intended to make sure that nobody who benefitted from finding and "using" a bug, gets to carry over this advantage to the real/live game.
    The reason they called it beta is because they KNOWLEDGE the game doesn't have "full service."
    You can't complain that the game is buggy and unstable.... when they are acknowledging that fact from the start by calling it a "beta."

At least they are being awesome and letting us keep our characters and progress.
  • Options
    skeeter82skeeter82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    AGAIN ....when that beta crashes the other BIGGER GAME its not just a freaking beta problem http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=653451

This may or may not be true. I do agree that with other games being affected, it may not be beta related, however depending on how the servers are set up, it may not be possible at this time to bring one game down without bringing them all down. If that's the case, it may very well be a beta issue at the root of the problem. I only play FW and occasionally PWI, so I am out of the loop on those other games. Whatever the case, people need to be patient. Burning network admins and devs won't get the issue fixed any faster.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Shows you how much you know this was posted in the STO forums the other day.

# 1 5.2.13 - Temporary Outage
    05-02-2013, 08:03 PM
    Thank you SO MUCH for your patience during this outage.

We have isolated the hardware failure and we are slowly bringing back all services, step by step, to ensure there are no more unexpected networking hardware issues.

The portal-wide beta test launch of a new game (Neverwinter) is an extremely exciting time for us and we thank you again for your continued patience and support as we work out the issues during this testing period. Be assured that we are absolutely committed to launching an excellent game while maintaining our current network of games and would like to thank all of our committed players during this time.

We'll have new hardware in place and us up, shined and secure, soon as we can. Thank you for being amazing, supportive players and helping spread the message while we get things resolved. We will keep you up to date as the situation progresses.

Thank you,

The Perfect World Team

Right a hardware failure. Not a software failure. It's because they are stuffing all the new players onto their older server hardware that is running their other games. Bad decision tbh, but my point is still valid.
  • Options
    lemonlickynublemonlickynub Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cool..I got home from work 20 minutes ago...this will give a bit of time to kill looking at youtube.....take you time
  • Options
    noxshadow1noxshadow1 Member Posts: 170 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I think the issue here is that a lot of people don't understand what an open Beta is. The reason they even do a beta in the first place is to work out kinks like this. Some games never even go to an open beta and release with a lot of potential bugs waiting to be found. Stop whining bout this and realize that it's actually a GOOD thing that they're finding these issues now instead of a few weeks down the line when you're, oh, I don't know, about 10% from making a progression raid kill.

And for those whining about paying for an unfinished product: There was absolutely NO indication that this was a finished product. To my knowledge, there is no such thing in the MMORPG world anyway. Every major patch and expansion brings a new wave of issues that get resolved as things move along. I'd like to remind these people that the game is FREE TO PLAY. You didn't have to pay a dime. If you bought a Founders Pack, that's fine. You'll get to use it, but you should have realized that you were taking a chance just like everyone else who purchased this. You don't have to spend a dime to play, but you opted to do so, therefore the fault lies only on yourself.

To the Cryptic/PWE team, keep working at it and don't let the whiners and crybabies ruin what could be the top F2P MMORPG of 2013.

I'm gonna END the "open Beta" argument here and now.

Go to Perfect World Entertainment's main page (you know, the people who distribute/advertise and collect the money). What do we see?

14awg0l.jpg

Look there! NOT Open Beta. It says Live! The DISTRIBUTOR of the game doesn't even mark the game as Open Beta...so please stop doing so yourself.

On a side note...the Open Beta/First Week Problem arguments don't really go hand in hand. Regardless of what you call it...it IS the first week, meaning there are going to be problems. Does it suck that some people paid $200+ dollars and they're having problems. Probably. This should teach you however to be more cautious with your money, and not to invest until you've seen the product and/or investigated the company making said product.

For the record...Products are not made AFTER people pay. They are made SO people pay. Just because you chose to invest in a product pre-launch doesn't mean you're guaranteed your money's worth. It's called an investment. You made it. Live with the ups and downs.
  • Options
    sekkurelsekkurel Member Posts: 6
    edited May 2013
    Still Hardware/Software issues onsite can appear and an earlier post said something about new hardware so im guessing they are updating something so more stability in the future i guess.

And about the outage thing well a first year IT major would know, to bad im not in IT :)
  • Options
    paperpuppetpaperpuppet Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    honestly that fact that u guys are constant updating really means a lot. Im yet to see a game where the company really tries to keep the community up to date with everything. Really appreciate it and look foward to supporting u guys all the way. best community treatment seen in a long time
  • Options
    sheikertssheikerts Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im Happy they are updating fast on things like this. But i am very iritated after i have been cleaning my house this morning on a saturday and then seeing the servers offline again on my weekend before i have to start working is just....

Anyway i hope the servers will come back online soon.
  • Options
    runicfirunicfi Member Posts: 269 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    noxshadow1 wrote: »

Go to Perfect World Entertainment's main page (you know, the people who distribute/advertise and collect the money). What do we see?

14awg0l.jpg

Look there! NOT Open Beta. It says Live! The DISTRIBUTOR of the game doesn't even mark the game as Open Beta...so please stop doing so yourself.

On a side note...the Open Beta/First Week Problem arguments don't really go hand in hand. Regardless of what you call it...it IS the first week, meaning there are going to be problems. Does it suck that some people paid $200+ dollars and they're having problems. Probably. This should teach you however to be more cautious with your money, and not to invest until you've seen the product and/or investigated the company making said product.

For the record...Products are not made AFTER people pay. They are made SO people pay. Just because you chose to invest in a product pre-launch doesn't mean you're guaranteed your money's worth. It's called an investment. You made it. Live with the ups and downs.

There is no argument, its factually open beta. Some icon doesnt mean anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    stephenowensstephenowens Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Every, single, day.
  • Options
    eamon91eamon91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    :(
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    This may or may not be true. I do agree that with other games being affected, it may not be beta related, however depending on how the servers are set up, it may not be possible at this time to bring one game down without bringing them all down. If that's the case, it may very well be a beta issue at the root of the problem. I only play FW and occasionally PWI, so I am out of the loop on those other games. Whatever the case, people need to be patient. Burning network admins and devs won't get the issue fixed any faster.

Well heres the info from Cryptic/PWE themselves http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=651451 this game goes down takes other two with it on the scale of things I am only slightly miffed. I aint gonna repeat what some other Trekkies think of Neverwinter :<
  • Options
    okitsunegaokitsunega Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Honestly, beta ends the day the cash shop goes live. You can call it beta all you like, you can claim the game is in beta forever, but that's really just a word.

That said, MMOs are never really 'finished' until you pull the plug for the last time. Instead they tend to go in cycles of content release, and whenever there's a major release it usually comes with a whole bucket of bugs that need to be picked out. It's just the nature of the beast. And I think it's fair to say that the launch is pretty major content release. As said before (and I agree with that part), pretty much every MMO launch has some kind of issues.. it's understandable. And from what I've seen, NW has had surprisingly smooth delivery - thanks and congratulations for that.
  • Options
    skeeter82skeeter82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    noxshadow1 wrote: »

14awg0l.jpg

I'd like to show the jury Exhibit 1: Diablo 3. For anyone who was at launch, you know what I'm talking about.
    Exhibit 2: Pretty much every MMORPG out there. They all have problems. Some more than others.
    I rest my case.
This discussion has been closed.