test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Server Status Updates

Comments

• Options
    skeeter82skeeter82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What's funny is my pops is almost master prestige on Black Ops 2. He's almost 60. We started gaming together with the original Everquest back in like '99.

Gaming is just a way of life for some people, like any other hobby...which is why you get complaints and crying when servers go down.

Everquest. Good memories of late nights, contested raid zones, being killed by a @#$%## fire beetle and having to do corpse runs in Nek forest with a whole group just to get your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> back.
  • Options
    neuraldamageneuraldamage Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All they need to to remove the children who claim they are older than IT itself so we can see if the devs have replied

What? You haven't figured out that the devs are updating the 1st post and you do not have to read past the 1st page yet?

LOL you guys ARE new. :cool:

Back OT: I see from the latest update (on the 1st post) that there's still no ETA much less a fix in the works, so I'm out. Been fun, later.

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
  • Options
    xblackxabyssxxblackxabyssx Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ultima Online, Dark Age of Camelot, World of Warcraft, Warhammer Online all wiped after OB. Just to name a few.

Actually it can be said yes most your games that are on a pay by month setup do a wipe before launch you forgot Rift in there. But when you are talking about f2p games most you companies do not wipe at the end of open beta cause they usually just roll right into launch cause they already have solid player base and since its free to play there is no need to level the playing field for every one that just bought the game.
  • Options
    fermiafulfermiaful Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    araleth wrote: »
    Golden Axw... I sank so much money into that game!!!!

Me to and destroyed at least 4 controlls on ninja gaiden DARN enemys at small clifts next to a hole
  • Options
    hatinskihatinski Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for staying hard at it guys :) Neverwinter is an excellent game.
  • Options
    elrondialelrondial Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My partner is lucky I am one of the gaming females you see from time to time in games, I am 44 this year and grew up with the pleasures of bontempi pong to start with the tennis game on your tv, used to screw your tv up after a while though hehe, then a friend got a zx spectrum when I was about 14 I was like omg this is amazing, I met my first husband when I was 16 and he had a commadore 64 and well that was me hooked for life, I spent most of my days then playing games such as elite and wizball. I then progressed to pc gaming around the age of 19 and well never looked back, got rid of husband one aged 30 and found my Partner online we have been together now 10 years and that has been 10 years of us both gaming, we were in the same call of duty clan, I then found rpg's and well have not stopped since, he plays downstairs I play upstairs. Makes for the perfect relationship :)
  • Options
    araletharaleth Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Go to face book and talk crude to each other thats where you post mindless junk for no reason

Myself and the other Atari aged members are not talking crude, we are talking about games. I could care less that the server is down. I am enjoying a casual conversation. Get your facts straight.
  • Options
    mandjassmandjass Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Golden Axw... I sank so much money into that game!!!!

Gauntlet with 3 mates was the best arcade gaming experience of my youth
  • Options
    neanderthalmanneanderthalman Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What? You haven't figured out that the devs are updating the 1st post and you do not have to read past the 1st page yet? :cool:

Haven't you read the thread name " server Updates" Not how big is my phalis. Nor how much have I been gaming nor is it what is the definition of "open beta"
  • Options
    bobherkamerbobherkamer Member Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    fermiaful wrote: »
    you know nothing boy:D wow was a paradise if you compare to diablo 3..or sim city:P

Baby games compared to the original Everquest. The grandfather of the mmo ! You needed pure dedication if you wanted to get anything in that game.
  • Options
    luariialuariia Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    skeeter82 wrote: »
    OMG, the arcade. I think I put the arcade owner's kid through college. But I was one bad muthah at Galaga.

God, I probably paid tuition for at least one kid over the years. We went to the arcade twice a week and spent a minimum for $50 per person (two of us) for... six or seven years. Until the arcade industry started to head south.

The money I spent on Golden Axe... and the TMNT game... and, oh my god, the X-Men arcade game. Gauntlet. So many quarters...
  • Options
    skeeter82skeeter82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    elrondial wrote: »
    My partner is lucky I am one of the gaming females you see from time to time in games, I am 44 this year and grew up with the pleasures of bontempi pong to start with the tennis game on your tv, used to screw your tv up after a while though hehe, then a friend got a zx spectrum when I was about 14 I was like omg this is amazing, I met my first husband when I was 16 and he had a commadore 64 and well that was me hooked for life, I spent most of my days then playing games such as elite and wizball. I then progressed to pc gaming around the age of 19 and well never looked back, got rid of husband one aged 30 and found my Partner online we have been together now 10 years and that has been 10 years of us both gaming, we were in the same call of duty clan, I then found rpg's and well have not stopped since, he plays downstairs I play upstairs. Makes for the perfect relationship :)

My GF is a hardcore gamer as well. Just wish I could get her away from EQ2. We both played since launch and I recently left for other endeavors. Almost 9 years with a game is enough.
  • Options
    abcdefg2234abcdefg2234 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    Actually it can be said yes most your games that are on a pay by month setup do a wipe before launch you forgot Rift in there. But when you are talking about f2p games most you companies do not wipe at the end of open beta cause they usually just roll right into launch cause they already have solid player base and since its free to play there is no need to level the playing field for every one that just bought the game.

This is a VERY good point. Very few free to play games will wipe after an open beta, and i think mainly because of the cash shop aspect, the people that gave them money through the open beta would feel cheated having to start over with everyone else.
  • Options
    indigocelindigocel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Go to "Track The Dev" forum. They update the first post when they make progress.

Thank you. :)
  • Options
    django02django02 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The important updates can all be seen on page 1, in frirst post.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Baby games compared to the original Everquest. The grandfather of the mmo ! You needed pure dedication if you wanted to get anything in that game.

I meant the bugs at lanch:D I ave played Everquest chop chop chop 1 tree 200 to go:P
  • Options
    elrondialelrondial Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    God this is sad I am playing candy crush saga on facebook waiting for servers to go back up, help me lol
  • Options
    abcdefg2234abcdefg2234 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 60
    edited May 2013

Let's not forget WoW just ripped off every good aspect of it's competition every month and patchd it in, and knew how to advertise their butts off.

WoW was a good game because of it's competition, not because of it's devs' creativity.
  • Options
    lycanthroat78lycanthroat78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 72
    edited May 2013

Ahem! UO was around before EQ1, however, it is not even the grandfather of the MMO. That title belongs to the original MUD games.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    luariia wrote: »
    God, I probably paid tuition for at least one kid over the years. We went to the arcade twice a week and spent a minimum for $50 per person (two of us) for... six or seven years. Until the arcade industry started to head south.

The money I spent on Golden Axe... and the TMNT game... and, oh my god, the X-Men arcade game. Gauntlet. So many quarters...

Don't forget the original street fighter and double dragon
  • Options
    k0curk0cur Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why server is off ? When start again ?
  • Options
    silky1979silky1979 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thanks love the game BUT i do have to say your cash shop is way to OP. $40 for a mount and $10 for a bag
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    This is a VERY good point. Very few free to play games will wipe after an open beta, and i think mainly because of the cash shop aspect, the people that gave them money through the open beta would feel cheated having to start over with everyone else.

Well, it deserves to be noted that the F2P cash shop game model has been proven to be the most successful and profitable over the last few years. So much so that a number of games that were previously sub based have started to migrate to this model or at least a hybrid of it. Everquest 2 is a good example of this.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

ZOMG and mortal kombat!!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    any way is there ANY info somewere about downtime?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Ahem! UO was around before EQ1, however, it is not even the grandfather of the MMO. That title belongs to the original MUD games.

UO was so much fun, but **** did it suck to get ganked and then everything you had on you got stolen by other players.
  • Options
    devlinnedevlinne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The answer to this and EVERY other problem is "It's BETA" .......

OH and also "Stop whining"

Why bother making ANY threads? or posting at all?
    Hmmmm Why did i bother too? -__-
    PITY,REGRET, AND MERCY are just EXCUSES for the strong not to kill the weak!
  • Options
    luariialuariia Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Never could! Though we played DD at home more than anything else. Arcade trips were family time, usually, so the 4+ multiplayer games were our main cash drops.

But I was a kick-*** Chun Li as a kid.
  • Options
    raynkeyyzzzzzraynkeyyzzzzz Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
    Exclamation Server Status Updates

Hey everyone!

We're aware that the servers are inaccessible at the moment and are investigating. Thanks for bearing with us!

We'll update this post with more info as soon as we have it.

Thanks again!

Update 1 (1:25AM PDT): We believe we may have identified the issue that has caused the server outage and are looking into a solution. Thanks for waiting!
    Update 2 (1:37AM PDT): We are making excellent progress and are working to bring the servers back up as soon as we can. Thanks for your patience!
    Update 3 (1:51AM PDT): We are going through the necessary steps to bring the shards online and ensure stability. Thanks for sticking with us!
    Update 4 (2:14AM PDT): We're still working on making the shards available for everyone and are getting closer to having an ETA for you. Thanks!

this will last up to update 90000000000000000000000000 cheers
  • Options
    sinistrad1sinistrad1 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    silky1979 wrote: »
    thanks love the game BUT i do have to say your cash shop is way to OP. $40 for a mount and $10 for a bag
    xD wanted say same, 10 usd for a bag? even irl bags dont worht so much xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.