test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Server Status Updates

Comments

• wobblysauceewobblysaucee Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    skeeter82, If you do not pay for the product, you are the product.
  • runicfirunicfi Member Posts: 269 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    okitsunega wrote: »
    Honestly, beta ends the day the cash shop goes live. You can call it beta all you like, you can claim the game is in beta forever, but that's really just a word.

You can call it a launched game all you like, its still open beta.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • istianisistianis Member Posts: 29
    edited May 2013
    People talking that maintaining servers is hard and complicated , and we should expect all kinds of issues ; either have no idea what they talk about , or i really wouldnt trust them my servers.

The setup might be a bit more complicated, but alot of companies do it without issues.

Power outages should indeed be forseen for instance , but that is why you have UPS systems and generators. Our datacenter can go on for days for instance , longer if we refuel our generators. So that should never be an issue.

Seeing STO went down too, i sure hope they are not putting what people say is a beta , aka unfinished product , on a live environment. This shows low profesionalisme.

You can have broken hardware , but that also should not be stopping anything in these times,maybe 20 years ago yes , but not now. You should have backup systems. Even for our network connections we have backups , if one goes down we still have 2 for backup.

Still things can go wrong off course , but if they do , well that is once in 2 years or more that something happens that causes panic :) Not twice a day. And it is not their first game they are running , see webpage for the list , so they should have loads of experience in preventing these things.

If this would happen on my job , i would be invited for a talk with HR and my boss right after i fixed the issue to get sacked.

I have said it before and will keep saying it , Game industrie is the only industry that can get away with all this unprofesionalism BUT i like the game :) I even bought some zen and even thought that would have been the cause for the crash as it happened on the same moment :)

I hope to see more classes sooner then later.
  • futrixfutrix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Someone made a mistake on the server status page and all of a sudden the game isn't in open beta anymore?
    Yeah nice try. :rolleyes:
  • skeeter82skeeter82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    skeeter82, if you do not pay for the product, you are the product.

all your base are belong to us!!!
  • noxshadow1noxshadow1 Member Posts: 170 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    runicfi wrote: »
    There is no argument, its factually open beta. Some icon doesnt mean anything.

You can call it anything you want. The distributor of the game says it's Live. You say it's Open Beta. I really don't care what it's called. When it comes down to it though, if I'm going to take what YOU call it verses what PWE calls it...I'll go off their info. After all...they're the money gateway.

Forgot to thank the staff by the way for the quick update. My arguing the moot points of what stage to call your game shouldn't take away from the fact your response was rather quick.
  • kangkang1kangkang1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Unavaible now?
  • esmith87esmith87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I love how everything on forums ends up being pointless childish flame wars. Neverwinter just went down, hm... guess I'll argue with strangers online about what the term beta means for an hour or so... Not like anyone would come to this thread to read about the game
  • rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nepht your post is funny cause you are wrong. it is a hardware issue NOT a software issue so Neverwinter did NOT crash your precious STO
  • bruneasbruneas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Servers are online !!
  • nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They should as grim as it sounds shut all 3 down for the day and TRY ( i said try cause yeah it might be imposable ) find a way to separate CO,STO and Neverwinter cause this is getting dumb :I
  • istianisistianis Member Posts: 29
    edited May 2013
    skeeter82 wrote: »
    I'd like to show the jury Exhibit 1: Diablo 3. For anyone who was at launch, you know what I'm talking about.
    Exhibit 2: Pretty much every MMORPG out there. They all have problems. Some more than others.
    I rest my case.

That just proves my point , the launch standard for games is low , especially after so many years of experience of launching games ; they still deliver it poorly and not a single one tries to raise the launch standard.After so many years we should see improvements , otherwise we would all still using our phonelines with 9600 bit modems.

Progress for once would be nice :)
  • direcrowdirecrow Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Take your time, all this hard work is really appreciated, as is the great communication. Thank you.
    Mindflayer Shard - @direcrow
    The Dire Crow - Tiefling TR
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC
  • kangkang1kangkang1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i log in and it promt me The Server is unavaible at this time
  • townherotownhero Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zomg were being updated on a crash this time!

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WHY CANT YOU GUYS DO THIS EVERY TIME <3
    edited May 2013
    rhoric wrote: »
    nepht your post is funny cause you are wrong. it is a hardware issue NOT a software issue so Neverwinter did NOT crash your precious STO
    Funney even PWE said Nevewinter crashes it. But obviously you know better I bow before your superior knowledge XD http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=651451 yeah :P

The chat servers are linked it got to be something there.
  • wasupuwasupu Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bruneas wrote: »
    Servers are online !!

You tricked me :I
  • dupsudupsu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    noxshadow1 wrote: »
    You can call it anything you want. The distributor of the game says it's Live. You say it's Open Beta. I really don't care what it's called. When it comes down to it though, if I'm going to take what YOU call it verses what PWE calls it...I'll go off their info. After all...they're the money gateway.

Forgot to thank the staff by the way for the quick update. My arguing the moot points of what stage to call your game shouldn't take away from the fact your response was rather quick.

They call it Open Beta, so you should call it that even if it shows "Live" in one place. Look anywhere else and it says Open Beta.
  • muceasmuceas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    Be meh I'll go play Skyrim while its all down at the end of the day not me losing monies.

Switching from Skyrim to NW Online is like giving up on Beluga Caviar for that nasty-bad-smelling-half-rotten-1-dollar-White-Castle chesseburger you forgot in the fridge for the past 3 months.
  • skeeter82skeeter82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Best part about being a veteran gamer (over 25 years of gaming, yeah, I started with Atari...old school) is that I see this happen in EVERY game. Everquest, PWI, Neverwinter Nights, the Diablo series, FW, Runescape, RO, Fiesta, EQ2...it doesn't matter. As soon as there's any hiccup, some like to hit the forums with OMGWTFAREYOUIDIOTSDOINGTHISGAMEISMYLIFEHOWDAREYOUEVERMAKEAMISTAKEORTAKEMYSERVEROFFLINEYOUEVILBASTARDS.
  • lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bruneas wrote: »
    Servers are online !!

err you sure? So I just ignore the servers are currently unavailable message and try to carry on?
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • sparhawksparhawk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    They should as grim as it sounds shut all 3 down for the day and TRY ( i said try cause yeah it might be imposable ) find a way to separate CO,STO and Neverwinter cause this is getting dumb :I

Just wait till the STO expansion goes live in 2.5 weeks if they haven't figured the network/server problems out before then.
  • raynkeyyzzzzzraynkeyyzzzzz Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
    guys u know what

gg wp bro
  • creiticreiti Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    noxshadow1 wrote: »
    The distributor of the game says it's Live. You say it's Open Beta. I really don't care what it's called. When it comes down to it though, if I'm going to take what YOU call it verses what PWE calls it...I'll go off their info.

http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=877121
  • neanderthalmanneanderthalman Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To all those stating that server issues etc are a peice of cake and should not happen. Get a real job in a real IT company stay there 20 years then comes back and tell me how much can be avoided etc.
    The best laid plans of mice and men and things go wrong.
    "I human can make mistakes, but to really stuff up it takes a computer"

Is soo true
  • araletharaleth Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    skeeter82 wrote: »
    Best part about being a veteran gamer (over 25 years of gaming, yeah, I started with Atari...old school) is that I see this happen in EVERY game. Everquest, PWI, Neverwinter Nights, the Diablo series, FW, Runescape, RO, Fiesta, EQ2...it doesn't matter. As soon as there's any hiccup, some like to hit the forums with OMGWTFAREYOUIDIOTSDOINGTHISGAMEISMYLIFEHOWDAREYOUEVERMAKEAMISTAKEORTAKEMYSERVEROFFLINEYOUEVILBASTARDS.

I agree, but we didn't see it with Atari Pitfall!!!!!
  • moonshineflymoonshinefly Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    when to be up?
  • abayniaabaynia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dumdi dumdi dumdi
    edited May 2013
    sparhawk wrote: »
    Just wait till the STO expansion goes live in 2.5 weeks if they haven't figured the network/server problems out before then.

I know and get this I was talking to my fleet about how they should try Neverwinter cause of awesome. Then well . Crash.
  • oweesowees Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wasupu wrote: »
    You tricked me :I
    He tricked me too :( :sadpanda:
This discussion has been closed.