test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Server Status Updates

Comments

• Options
    skeeter82skeeter82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ahem! UO was around before EQ1, however, it is not even the grandfather of the MMO. That title belongs to the original MUD games.

Yeah, you kinda got us there. If anyone here remembers old Multi User Dungeons (basically a chat room D&D style) then you're as old and seasoned as I am...
  • Options
    bobherkamerbobherkamer Member Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    skeeter82 wrote: »
    Everquest. Good memories of late nights, contested raid zones, being killed by a @#$%## fire beetle and having to do corpse runs in Nek forest with a whole group just to get your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> back.

Was my fav game of all time. Taught a person everything they need to know about mmorpgs and game mechanics. I was in Forsaken Realm and had a RL friend in Afterlife. I was a spoiled lil Halfling Druid (Lofun). Of course it started to go downhill with the plane of knowledge portals and all that. Raids where great though. Man did you have to grind in that game to get anywhere and was horrible if you died back in the beginning days of EQ. I recently went back to playing EQ last year and it is nowhere near the same. All these darn games just make things so easy anymore. I guess you can't blame them with what seems to be over half the population of gamers are somewhat adhd and cry when things get hard.
  • Options
    onarollof4onarollof4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mavidian wrote: »
    Thanks for the info, but please be quick this time. I don't know if I will be able to handle doing something else. Finishing homework, cleaning the kitchen, and folding laundry was bad enough last night.

we'll you could always clean your room, and move onto the rest of the house and freak your parents out "oh god what happened! where is our child!" heheheh
    Testimonium Infinem
  • Options
    kokairikokairi Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, you kinda got us there. If anyone here remembers old Multi User Dungeons (basically a chat room D&D style) then you're as old and seasoned as I am...

I miss those!
  • Options
    lycanthroat78lycanthroat78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 72
    edited May 2013
    silky1979 wrote: »
    thanks love the game BUT i do have to say your cash shop is way to OP. $40 for a mount and $10 for a bag

It could be worse. I paid $15.99 a month for WoW from 2004-2012. That's over $1500 and they didn't even give me one mount for that.
  • Options
    raynkeyyzzzzzraynkeyyzzzzz Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
    gg wp betch
  • Options
    luariialuariia Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was a latecomer into the MMO scene. FFXI was my first taste of the addiction, and I haven't looked back. WoW, Rift, GW2, SWTOR, RoM, some Persona thing I don't remember the name of... Sample here, sample there, sample a bit of everything until I find the next thing to sap my life away. FFXI ate almost six years. WoW ate another five. Haven't found my next "thing" yet.
  • Options
    kongh84kongh84 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sinistrad1 wrote: »
    xD wanted say same, 10 usd for a bag? even irl bags dont worht so much xD

But on the other side horses are here much cheaper. Dont forget that!
  • Options
    enlitenflikkaenlitenflikka Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    which time did you open the servers again? its the middle of the day here in sweden and i am a bit bored :)
  • Options
    ashmoriaashmoria Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    for the amount of money wow has made they should give something back, robbing gits :(
  • Options
    skeeter82skeeter82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Was my fav game of all time. Taught a person everything they need to know about mmorpgs and game mechanics. I was in Forsaken Realm and had a RL friend in Afterlife. I was a spoiled lil Halfling Druid (Lofun). Of course it started to go downhill with the plane of knowledge portals and all that. Raids where great though. Man did you have to grind in that game to get anywhere and was horrible if you died back in the beginning days of EQ. I recently went back to playing EQ last year and it is nowhere near the same. All these darn games just make things so easy anymore. I guess you can't blame them with what seems to be over half the population of gamers are somewhat adhd and cry when things get hard.

I did the same about 2 years ago. It was really sad to see EQ go so carebear. People solo or bot farming PoT to get twink gear for alts, the new skill revamps that made zerkers practically unstoppable 1 man armies to a degree that a BL couldn't even fathom...it was almost like a somber eulogy.
  • Options
    gordrogordro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yawn, super prime time EU and the servers have been down for an hour.

You need to sort your act out instead of just bigging up the 12 year olds who would compliment you if you told them you had eleted all their characters
  • Options
    creiticreiti Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    elrondial wrote: »
    God this is sad I am playing candy crush saga on facebook waiting for servers to go back up, help me lol

try Forsaken world?
  • Options
    fermiafulfermiaful Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I go and buy one of the new C then. with cool swedish name on then:D yep C(the drink) sells bottles with swedish name now

not sure I can spell the name here trade mark and **** you know
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I do believe the guild Afterlife in EQ had a couple programmers that took jobs to help build wow. The whole guild Afterlife got free wow accounts. Of course 3 months later half of them came back to EQ lol. I chummed around with Sobe in-game a bit and on the druids grove forums. Thott used to help me a lot also . Man I miss the early EQ days
  • Options
    snipedgafsnipedgaf Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good thing I have a copy of the .exe on my desktop, i've had to replace it EVERY single day because of the server crashes, updates, and all the other bs!
  • Options
    bobbarnsenbobbarnsen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I want to play my friends :eek:
  • Options
    natejam101natejam101 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    terrell396 wrote: »
    ty for the update your game is awesome enjoy playing it hope everything goes well

Keep kissin that ***..
    ASUS P8Z68 V-Pro Gen3 mobo, Intel i7 2600k, 32gb DDR3 G-Skill Ripjaws, 500gb SSD, 2TB HDD, Geforce GTX 690 x2 Sli, 1200 watt Thermaltake modular PS, Thermaltake gaming tower.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I do believe the guild Afterlife in EQ had a couple programmers that took jobs to help build wow. The whole guild Afterlife got free wow accounts. Of course 3 months later half of them came back to EQ lol. I chummed around with Sobe in-game a bit and on the druids grove forums. Thott used to help me a lot also . Man I miss the early EQ days

They had more than a couple of programmers and devs. Ever wonder how they got so many server firsts?
  • Options
    direcrowdirecrow Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    istianis wrote: »
    Please name them , cause i would agree on the original post. All open beta

Forgive me, as its been a while since I played most of these. These are the ones I can remember playing:
    Allods
    Atlantica Online
    Cabal Online
    Dragon Nest
    Dragonica
    Rusty Hearts
    Dungeon Fighter Online
    Battle of Immortals
    DDO
    LotRO free to play
    Fiesta Online
    Granado Espada
    LaTale
    ROSE Online
    Runes of Magic
    Vindictus
    Rift
    Grand Fantasia
    Mindflayer Shard - @direcrow
    The Dire Crow - Tiefling TR
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC
  • Options
    redscare82redscare82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    This is all well and good but what are we doing to fight the infiltration of the highest levels of government by the lizard people?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    redscare82 wrote: »
    This is all well and good but what are we doing to fight the infiltration of the highest levels of government by the lizard people?

Cats. Just get a bunch of cats and by tomorrow you'll have a bunch of half eaten lizard people on your front door step.
  • Options
    psych0zerpsych0zer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    when the servers will be up, everyone will be like

tumblr_inline_mjkbwsa5L01qz4rgp.gif
    :)
  • Options
    nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Buying more zen.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I did the same about 2 years ago. It was really sad to see EQ go so carebear. People solo or bot farming PoT to get twink gear for alts, the new skill revamps that made zerkers practically unstoppable 1 man armies to a degree that a BL couldn't even fathom...it was almost like a somber eulogy.

Could not have said it better. So true
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    psych0zer wrote: »

OMG, I peed a little.
  • Options
    frostystaresfrostystares Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gordro wrote: »
    Yawn, super prime time EU and the servers have been down for an hour.

You need to sort your act out instead of just bigging up the 12 year olds who would compliment you if you told them you had eleted all their characters

Not sure what "bigging" or "eleted" is, but I'll assume that you're insulting everyone who is putting this whole ordeal in the proper context; that the game is in open beta and that issues are to be expected.
  • Options
    araletharaleth Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013

What every country does during an infestation. Bring in something that eats it into our Ecosystem and after they eat the lizard people we are left with a bigger problem, rinse and repeat.
  • Options
    wanderer247wanderer247 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    will the servers ever come up in neverwinter?
  • Options
    effingseriouseffingserious Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lizard people? Clearly, sir, your intelligence updates have slipped. Crab people are the newest threat. Subterranean crustaceans are the latest threat to the country and they are a force to be reckoned with.
This discussion has been closed.