test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Archive] Neverwinter Extended FAQ

Comments

• Options
    jheidejheide Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is it possible to change you're appearance in-game? Like a barber shop for example?
    If not, is this something that may or may not be implented?

I'm asking 'cus I know this is a mayor deal for alot of people, me included.
    Say you get to level 40 and you're allready tired of your looks, but you can't do anything about it, apart from rolling a new character. And that's not really an option after you've spent countless of hours on your character. Annoys the hell out of me and happends to me, and many more, in every MMO. A few of the ones I've played DID however have or added a barber shop (or something similar).

I think it would be easy to add this feature (if it's not allready there?) and say, charge a reasonable amount of Astral Diamonds if you want to change your looks.

Best regards,
  • Options
    techb90techb90 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Will this be opensourced since it is free? Is there a developer edition or something of the such? I would like a Linux port, currently using Wine (bleh), if no linux support is in the works I will volunteer to port it.
  • Options
    jww01jww01 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why cant I see my guild tag? I found the option to view or disable my own characters name and others guild tags but I cannot see my own guild tag. Why is this?
  • Options
    exrithexrith Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Foundry is the only pve end game content right ?
  • Options
    ardawenardawen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is there a way to delete a character, i have been trying but the ok is greyed out when i tried.
  • Options
    vikingmuffinvikingmuffin Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "Will there be a character wipe before Headstart begins? - Yes."

What counts as "Headstart"? Is the open beta headstart, or is it when the game goes from Open Beta to officially released. What I'm wondering is, will the characters I've played now be safe or will the wipe happen later on?
  • Options
    batrudinovbatrudinov Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello guys, I want to ask, that there is something different between game shards or they are the same and just split into 3 parts to reduce the load on the server?

P.S. I'm sorry for my bad english, i am from Ukraine))
  • Options
    jaelysajaelysa Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When will there be a version for mac/apple users?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    batrudinov wrote: »
    Hello guys, I want to ask, that there is something different between game shards or they are the same and just split into 3 parts to reduce the load on the server?

P.S. I'm sorry for my bad english, i am from Ukraine))

What I have understood, they initially made 3 servers(shards) for now, but are working on blending these three into one single shard later on. No difference between the servers except for that you only play with those on your chosen shard until the are made into one.
  • Options
    damnkilljoydamnkilljoy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have two questions.
    I signed up on the forums almost 48 hours ago, purchased the Hero of the North founders pack and 1) I still am on probation and cannot create new threads 2) I cannot select my title. I used the search function but I do not have Permissions groups under my User CP to select the title.

Help please?
  • Options
    batrudinovbatrudinov Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What I have understood, they initially made 3 servers(shards) for now, but are working on blending these three into one single shard later on. No difference between the servers except for that you only play with those on your chosen shard until the are made into one.

Thanks for explanation:)
  • Options
    levious1991levious1991 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is it possible to reset your skill points?
  • Options
    rhaanarhaana Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I didn't see any referral information. Are there perks to referring friends?
  • Options
    mdavellmdavell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Testing. Testing Testing.
  • Options
    therealirishtherealirish Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Once the game goes live, will my beta characters be reset?
  • Options
    doomgrin75doomgrin75 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Once the game goes live, will my beta characters be reset?

Any more to the point, will founders packs be reset for all the extra goodies? Did not know most of the items were character bound once withdrawn
  • Options
    internatiointernatio Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I downloaded Neverwinter, but I am getting an "Account Error" message whenever I log in.

You may receive this error message during the time the servers are not available. But you'll be able to play once Open Beta begins on April 30!

I Am Getting This Account Error After Trying To Log Back Into The Game
    KhorneFlakes.jpg
  • Options
    internatiointernatio Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why Can I Log In To Everything Else But Neverwinter?
    KhorneFlakes.jpg
  • Options
    houserhythmhouserhythm Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well... since I can't create a new topic yet (kinda sucks for all the people who have questions before starting to play) I suppose the FAQ thread is an appropriate place to ask this:

Is there a Mac client in the works?
    Pretty disappointing that there isn't one yet... this isn't 10 years ago anymore, a lot of people own Macs. And sadly Blizzard is the only company that understood that quite a while back.
  • Options
    srewtheshad0wsrewtheshad0w Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I keep getting an error when I try to update my client. I literally just got the game, and my connection is working completely fine. I have no idea why it's doing this to me.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

What counts as "Headstart"? Is the open beta headstart, or is it when the game goes from Open Beta to officially released. What I'm wondering is, will the characters I've played now be safe or will the wipe happen later on?

I'm sorry to be nagging about this, but I would really need an answer for this question. It matters a great deal, so I know how much to invest in these characters I have already created. Will they or will they not be deleted in the near future?
  • Options
    wasupuwasupu Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can PLEASE someone tell me how to check FPS/Ping in game? Thx!
  • Options
    mokusmormotamokusmormota Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello there, couldnt find this anywhere, and it is really a stupid question, will i lose my character after the obt ends ? or will i keep them ?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Hello there, couldnt find this anywhere, and it is really a stupid question, will i lose my character after the obt ends ? or will i keep them ?

As I have been asking about this as well in the thread but not gotten an answer, I will fill you in on what I found from some extra searching today. http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=849741 This post says that after april 25th, there will be no more character wipes.
  • Options
    casbynesscasbyness Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't know if there is such a list or if Perfectworld are bothering to track this sort of thing, but please add me to the list of prospective players who installed the game, spent one minute playing, realised in horror that the game can only be played in DCUO "action camera" mode, and promptly exited the game and uninstalled.

I had really high hopes for this game (as I did for DCUO), but if I don't have a mouse pointer available to aim and click powers/windows/etc, then that's a 100% deal breaker, sorry. I'm back over to STO now unless a UI/mechanics patch is ever added to this game that gives me my mouse pointer back.
  • Options
    okiseznookisezno Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi all, i want to know if this game will be in spanish. Thx
  • Options
    zala1zala1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I'm sorry to be nagging about this, but I would really need an answer for this question. It matters a great deal, so I know how much to invest in these characters I have already created. Will they or will they not be deleted in the near future?

I'd really like an answer or clarification on this too.

The new post here said that we get to keep characters, but I cannot see anything that states this officially during my browsing.

Can someone please let us know!?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    zala1 wrote: »
    I'd really like an answer or clarification on this too.

The new post here said that we get to keep characters, but I cannot see anything that states this officially during my browsing.

Can someone please let us know!?

Hi Zala1. Found this since I posted the text you just quoted. http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=849741 This post says that after april 25th, there will be no more character wipes, which means that we should be in the clear now.
  • Options
    pianobeerpianobeer Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When the game will be released, are you gonna deleting all the pg?
  • Options
    zala1zala1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Zala1. Found this since I posted the text you just quoted. http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=849741 This post says that after april 25th, there will be no more character wipes, which means that we should be in the clear now.

Thankyou!! :)
This discussion has been closed.