test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Archive] Neverwinter Extended FAQ

Comments

• ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    alexandira wrote: »
    Hello,

is it possible to find out what the founders pack and other packs will be replaced with if anything?

I'm afraid not.

Is this 'Dragon' server the first server among the three or if not, can you be kind enough to list the three servers in order of server creation?

You mentioned on your previous post that you were playing with some ppl from my country too right? Are they also from the 'Dragon' server?

I'm not sure what you mean by that. There are three shards. Dragon, Beholder and Mindflayer.
    They are temporary and will be reverted to a single shard at some point after launch. The game has just been released, the shards were created at the same time.

And there is no difference between shards. They are location independent.
    Cryptic uses a Single Server Architecture so players around the world can play with each other at any given time. China is the only country I know for sure is not playing on the standard servers but they do have their own separate server(s). As far as I know there are no limitations on the Philippines.
  • nymerosnymeros Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    How can I create an alliance between guilds?
    Words are like arrows. Once loosed, you cannot call them back
    Co-Leader of G r A v i t y X G a m e - Founder of the 1st Legit LFG and member of NW_Legit_Community
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    I'm not sure if that is in yet.

<hasn't/won't join a guild> Sorry.
    I'll get Aandre to answer that soonish if I can.
  • cynicaleggcynicalegg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Good day to all member of team of Neverwinter!

I have an issue that concerns me a lot, and that is the drop rate of Identification Scrolls.

I just had a group game in one dungeon, which I can't remember the name, end up with over 8 unidentifiable items but there is no ID scrolls in my bags. Since there is no merchant to sell the scroll, I simple had no idea how to identify those items immediately. Except have more kills on minions and hoping some of them might drop the scroll.

What I need to know is that what else can I do? I do remember I saw one merchant sells them by Astral Diamonds. But is there another way? Such as buying with in-game currency, gold? I am very sure that every RPG game will have ID scroll sell by merchants by gold. Why can't we have such service?

I like this game very much. I am a fan of the Forgotten Realm. I do not want to see this game fail because the unpleasant situation about ID scroll.

I hope you will fix this issue.
  • troolentroolen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Is there any way to have the mouse control the target charem instead of the camera. I find it hard not to get sea sick from all the camera movement.
  • proteanizzyproteanizzy Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I haven't used them. Yet my number of them is going down. I haven't bought, crafted, enchanted. I use the gear that I get in drops. No flaming please. I'm just looking around, trying to figure out where to go to invesigate how Astal Diamonds are used in game. When I train a companion, I do not select rush. I cannot think of anything else that would reduce my Astral Diamonds by 30,000.
    Any ideas?
    edited April 2013
    cynicalegg wrote: »
    I have an issue that concerns me a lot, and that is the drop rate of Identification Scrolls.

That was purely bad luck. Normally I get a surplus of ID Scrolls.
    The rest of your question boils down to sell them for pennies or buy scrolls with AD. They are a frequent drop meant to make sure you can identify most items you get without a problem but for the few extra you can either spend AD or Sell them to the merchant at a reduced cost.

AD is an in game currency. In fact it's the main currency. Gold is used for most every other consumable and crafting while AD does most of the heavy lifting. Once per day you can invoke and get 1K AD just for invoking. That's 20-30 scrolls just there. :)

troolen wrote: »
    Is there any way to have the mouse control the target charem instead of the camera. I find it hard not to get sea sick from all the camera movement.

That's part of the Action Combat Control Scheme. If you adjust your field of vision to be closer to 70-100 it normally helps people who get motion sick. Standard RPG mechanics are not currently being worked on and were left out intentionally. Adding them would in many ways destroy the action combat mechanics.

I haven't used them. Yet my number of them is going down. I haven't bought, crafted, enchanted. I use the gear that I get in drops. No flaming please. I'm just looking around, trying to figure out where to go to invesigate how Astal Diamonds are used in game. When I train a companion, I do not select rush. I cannot think of anything else that would reduce my Astral Diamonds by 30,000.
    Any ideas?

Keep an eye on it. Post approximately what you're doing when you lose AD in the Bug Report Forums.
    I'm not having that issue and I haven't noticed anybody else doing so either so we would really need more information to go on.
  • sgsteihlsgsteihl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
    edited April 2013
    I'm sure it's been asked, but will there be a wipe AFTER OPEN BETA prior to launch? Or just the wipe before headstart beta?
  • ulyrinulyrin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    nm found it on the patcher
  • fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    On the ID scrolls . . . as Ambi stated above . . . I have so many scrolls I am sending them in the mail to my alts for "care packages". However bear in mind I only play solo. Okay . . . so I have my companion with me, but she passes on all the loot rolls ;) And my Girlfriend plays NW as well and I team with her when she plays.

I point this out because I am unsure if Ambi groups or solos, but Cynic mentioned he was basing his observations on a group experience. So I am unaware of the loot tables and if they increase to account for groups or not. If not, my recommendation to Cryptic would be to make such an increase to give a benefit to grouping. Other MMO games tend to reward teamwork and cooperation between players. A subtle loot table adjustment in this area may be just what the doctor ordered in this case.

Again, however, this is based on reading these posts above, and I have not personally experienced a full group or difference in loot amounts. I do team with my sweetie, but sharing between two people compared to sharing between five may be a huge difference.
    sgsteihl wrote: »
    I'm sure it's been asked, but will there be a wipe AFTER OPEN BETA prior to launch? Or just the wipe before headstart beta?

From what I understand as a Founder, no more wipes. We have been told that everything we do now is permanent from here on out. I almost wish there was a wipe because I botched a purchase of an unneeded item with my diamonds. LOL. However everything is permanent now from what I have been reading in Dev responses.
    Any ideas?

How closely do you look at stuff as you sell. One of the first points I would look at as I investigate is to check and see if there are suddenly items in my inventory that might look unique or not looted by me. Compare with the exchange and see if something there is going for roughly that amount of diamonds.

Are your diamonds dropping in increments or did you lose the 30,000 all at once?

A lot of the merchants seem to want diamonds and not gold. Have you gone shopping to any NPC at all for consumables? The reason I ask is I understand you stated you only use gear that dropped as loot, but I am not sure on what you use for consumables/special items/crafting.

OH!! Crafting. That reminds me - do you craft? I accidentally clicked on "Finish" on a crafting project. FORTUNATELY a dialog came up saying "you'll burn diamonds to finish this", so I cancelled, but if I had not been paying attention I would have wasted a few thousand diamonds thinking I was just wrapping up a finished project.

I hope these help for starters there, and help Ambi to get more answers for you.
  • grimok1grimok1 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So may be a silly question, but on Beta info I don't see it listed how long this beta is running for. What is the end time for this beta?
  • xmaukpoxxmaukpox Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    After the release of personages will be removed? All over again?
  • marlb0rzmarlb0rz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    please help me. I got stuck in an invisable wall an can't get out. Support said they would look into this issue after game launch. I don't know if I can climb out of the invisable walls this year or not.
  • pockyninjamasterpockyninjamaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I was wondering if the class system will ever by more customizable as was the case with the NWN games which proceeded this one? With such a rigid class system and no real customarily at all in the game outside of ascetics it seems a little insulting to call this a Never winter night game. You seem to have gutted out one of the biggest thing that made Never winter nights a great game and barely hung onto the community content but even that seems greatly handicapped.
  • mrbabylonmrbabylon Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This is not a Never Winter Nights game.

This is a Dungeons & Dragons Online game set in the forgotten realms in the the region of the city of Neverwinter.

Neverwinter Nights games were based on a different version of D&D than this is and thus they were a completely different game.
  • mrbabylonmrbabylon Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The specs on your computer at the bottm..is that for real? What did that cost you?

My Specs - Low end, I know, but I am working on it, I promise!<<< Thats a lie. LOL
  • dragonorama2dragonorama2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    :D nice one
  • bastian41897978bastian41897978 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If i'm a lifetime Subscriber in Champions Online, do i get the zen from that game in Neverwinter?
  • n1tr1tn1tr1t Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have this error when I'm trying to star the game "Error: The patchclientlib is returning error code : 33\nThe patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function"
  • mchoppussmchoppuss Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    After i open the launcher today i got Patcher Error pop up, after tried connection 2 times
    izV79xC.png
  • stallon111stallon111 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    mchoppuss wrote: »
    After i open the launcher today i got Patcher Error pop up, after tried connection 2 times
    izV79xC.png

Same with me. Help would be appreciated.

*EDIT

Actually, just keep trying, it will eventually break through to the server.
  • sqrlgoonkillersqrlgoonkiller Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am having a problem with the FPS and this is the main reason I play a very popular mmo that begins with W. My computer overheats when I play games at 60 fps, but the simple act of turning the FPS down to 30-40 solves this completely.. The only mmo I've played that actually lets me do that is WoW. I love Neverwinter so far, but I hate the fact that I have to alt+tab every 10 mins so I don't over heat... I JUST WISH I KNEW HOW TO LIMIT THE FPS IN THIS GAME. Someone please at least let me know if it is even possible..
  • mchoppussmchoppuss Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    stallon111 wrote: »
    Same with me. Help would be appreciated.

*EDIT

Actually, just keep trying, it will eventually break through to the server.

I keep trying almost 10 times, but its still does not work :(

Solved just replace exe with http://download.perfectworld.com/nw/...everwinter.exe
  • kazinsalkazinsal Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any chance we'll be getting the music player controls that STO has so we can use Winamp etc. in-game instead of the game's music?

I like the game's music, but sometimes I tire of the usual fantasy background music and need something a little more dynamic.
  • derekdoddderekdodd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey, I haven't gotten to play much since open beta started. I got on for a few minutes last night and saw the message showing I had a pcgamer beta key horse. Where do I pickup the pcgamer horse from? And is there a level restriction?

Hopefully I'll get to play for a bit longer tonight if the maintenance goes well today, I can't wait to get some more time in! You guys are doing great, despite all the nay-sayers out there who want to nitpick every little issue. Especially the one's who think they know how to run a large server-farm, despite the fact that most of them probably have no idea the complexities of building a redundant, HA network-server infrastructure.
  • fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    derekdodd wrote: »
    Hey, I haven't gotten to play much since open beta started. I got on for a few minutes last night and saw the message showing I had a pcgamer beta key horse. Where do I pickup the pcgamer horse from? And is there a level restriction?

Hopefully I'll get to play for a bit longer tonight if the maintenance goes well today, I can't wait to get some more time in! You guys are doing great, despite all the nay-sayers out there who want to nitpick every little issue. Especially the one's who think they know how to run a large server-farm, despite the fact that most of them probably have no idea the complexities of building a redundant, HA network-server infrastructure.

Level 20 is needed to use any mount. However you can grab the horse from the Postal Courier near the Exchange Market in Protector's Enclave the moment you get out of the tutorial.
  • gamerzastygamerzasty Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've downloaded and patched client, but I can't log into game.
    I see "connecting to the account server" for a minute or two, then I get info that game can't connect.
    I'm launching game as admin, antivirus off and firewall configured...
  • gamerzastygamerzasty Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "The server is unavailable at this time". Launcher says servers are ONLINE. Am I the only one who can't log in?
  • brewbarian73brewbarian73 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I cannot log in from the launcher due to "Invalid username or password" but I log into the forums no problem. Any ideas beyond quadruple checking my spelling and case
    ?
  • jheidejheide Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is it possible to change you're appearance in-game? Like a barber shop for example?
    If not, is this something that may or may not be implented?

I'm asking 'cus I know this is a mayor deal for alot of people, me included.
    Say you get to level 40 and you're allready tired of your looks, but you can't do anything about it, apart from rolling a new character. And that's not really an option after you've spent countless of hours on your character. Annoys the hell out of me and happends to me, and many more, in every MMO. A few of the ones I've played DID however have or added a barber shop (or something similar).

I think it would be easy to add this feature (if it's not allready there?) and say, charge a reasonable amount of Astral Diamonds if you want to change your looks.

Best regards,
This discussion has been closed.