test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Archive] Neverwinter Extended FAQ

Comments

• gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Last time I asked on forums, ambi and zeb told us they know(and have a way to contact him) and that he is taking a little break.
  • bazza3113bazza3113 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    why is it more expensive for packs if you live in eu eg uk
    the pack im looking at is like $60 but when i go to pay it says its like
    edited April 2013
    edited April 2013
    why can,t all of my post be seen ?
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    bazza3113 wrote: »
    why can,t all of my post be seen ?
    You can't use pound sign as it is not a part of standard alpha-numeric keyboard an is a special ASCII character.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Just don't be posting your icky pounds and euro symbols on the forums! ;)
    Don't ask me why they are set up this way but ASCII symbols are not permitted by the forum code.

The increased fee is due to the VAT which all members of the European Union are subject to.

This should cover everything bazza3113 :D

(2112 is better than 3113, haha)
  • dantosdantos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 52
    edited April 2013
    *Edit* NM, I found my answer elsewhere.
  • lifeslawsbrokenlifeslawsbroken Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Which edition of D&D is this based on?
  • dantosdantos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 52
    edited April 2013

4th edition
  • fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

It's based on the D&D universe but not any particular version of the tabletop game. It is based on a book series written by R.A. Salvatore.
  • therealkyrielltherealkyriell Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    R.A. Salvatore wrote stories *within* the Forgotten Realms... but the Forgotten Realms setting was created by Ed Greenwood and others... not R.A. Salvatore.

Even the Drow elves were introduced in an OLD module series starting with "Against the Giants" and ending with "Demon Queen of the Spiderweb Pits". Salvatore purchased the rights to write within the game setting, and his iconic character, Drizzt Do'urden, will be the most copied character in this game... sadly.

Also, they've stated its based on D&D 4th Edition rules.
  • aunaxaunax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    My character I am planning on playing LOVES spiders, and has always wanted a mount specifically. Is the only way for him to get a spider mount going to be through the hero of the north pack? Or will I be able to purchase (either with real money or in game currency) any sort of spider mount? I don't really care if it is completely different from the unique founders pack one, just wondering if that's going to be the only one offered and I should buy it just for that.

*EDIT* I just ended up buying the hero pack... So the question still exists but does not matter for me now.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Salvatore purchased the rights to write within the game setting

Correction: Salvatore was one of the first authors to write a FR Novel. He didn't have to buy in.

aunax wrote: »
    My character I am planning on playing LOVES spiders, and has always wanted a mount specifically. Is the only way for him to get a spider mount going to be through the hero of the north pack? Or will I be able to purchase (either with real money or in game currency) any sort of spider mount?

At this time the Hero of the North is the only way to get a spider mount.

pmsattler wrote: »
    Do they plan on having multi-class functionality? I.E. Can I make a Rogue/Wizard?

Not at this time or anywhere in the near future.
  • luckylukedluckyluked Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Will there be a character wipe before Headstart begins?

Yes.

Does "Headstart" mean the start of the Open Beta on the 30th April or the official launch of the game?
  • zercyxzercyx Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've played the 1st 3 closed betas and am currently playing open beta. I am at a point where I can no longer play the game because I do not have the coin to purchase healing potions. I have asked everywhere: in game to the GM's as well as other players in game and elsewhere in these forums. How does the Astral Diamond Exchange work? I have tried to use it but all that seems to happen is that I lose my Astral Diamonds and get no Zen in return. Please explain how this thing is supposed to work.

If I cannot play the game any further I will give this clunky thing away. I have no qualms about doing this even if it is 'illegal' because if I cannot play Neverwinter I will NEVER... EVER buy another Cryptic game again.
  • fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    zercyx wrote: »
    I've played the 1st 3 closed betas and am currently playing open beta. I am at a point where I can no longer play the game because I do not have the coin to purchase healing potions. I have asked everywhere: in game to the GM's as well as other players in game and elsewhere in these forums. How does the Astral Diamond Exchange work? I have tried to use it but all that seems to happen is that I lose my Astral Diamonds and get no Zen in return. Please explain how this thing is supposed to work.

If I cannot play the game any further I will give this clunky thing away. I have no qualms about doing this even if it is 'illegal' because if I cannot play Neverwinter I will NEVER... EVER buy another Cryptic game again.

You didn;t lose your diamonds and get nothing in return. Trust me it can be confusing, especially when there is no tutorial for this. Let's see if I can remember . . .

Look at the bottom of that window. See if there is a "withdraw" button highlighted with an amount of zen at the bottom.

Here is the basics on how it works:
    1. You list your diamonds or zen
    2. The quantity is taken out from your inventory and placed on the market. IF someone is buying/selling at your requested exchange amount, you will get the goods exchanged on a hold for you.
    3. Here is the cool part - you can claim the goods on any character, NOT just the character you posted with :) So whatever character you are logged onto can see your status on the exchange.
    4. Click "withdraw" to get your goods.

Now if your trade does not happen in x-amount of time (I honestly forget what the time is, sorry), then the diamonds would go back into your holding and you get an email notifying you that the offer has expired. You'll need to "withdraw" the diamonds and try again.

To cancel an offer, use the right tab (I forget the tab names . . . again my apologies) and cancel your offer, then withdraw your diamonds. It works the same if you are selling zen.

If anyone has any corrections to what I just said, please pop in. I am not in game at the moment and all of this is off the top of my head, but I hope it helps and leads you in the right direction.
  • luckylukedluckyluked Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Quote : "SECTION II - Will there be a character wipe before the Headstart begins?

Answer : Yes"

I asked another question regarding this FAQ but I couldn't find my question again after scrolling 10 pages of this thread. My question is does "headstart" refer to Open Beta which starts on Tuesday 30 April 2013 or the official launch?
    edited April 2013
    luckyluked wrote: »
    Quote : "SECTION II - Will there be a character wipe before the Headstart begins?

Answer : Yes"

I asked another question regarding this FAQ but I couldn't find my question again after scrolling 10 pages of this thread. My question is does "headstart" refer to Open Beta which starts on Tuesday 30 April 2013 or the official launch?

Headstart is happening now for HoTN, and about to start for Guardians. For HoTN it started on the 25th. For Guardians it starts tomorrow. And for everyone else, they start on the 30th. I see you are a Guardian so you start tomorrow morning at 9 am PST, per this Dev Blog Entry:

http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=857361
    If you are a Hero of the North, you will be able to play Neverwinter starting April 25, 2013 at 9 A.M. PDT (Pacific)! (When is that in your time zone?)

If you are a Guardian of Neverwinter, you will be able to play Neverwinter starting April 27, 2013 at 9 A.M. PDT (Pacific). (When is that in your time zone?)

Non-Founders will be able to enjoy Neverwinter's Open Beta on April 30, 2013 at 9 A.M. PDT (Pacific). (When is that in your time zone?)

Short Answer: It starts as of the beginning of this Beta, because there will be no more pauses between Open Beta and live servers.

This is it. Regardless of what Cryptic calls it . . . the game is now going Live. It just will not be referred to as "launched" until they are satisfied the final major bugs have been worked out enough to make it feasible to call a final product, in which case they will announce it will be called "launched" and most likely make some special event for that as well :)
  • jackjomarjackjomar Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    1) It says there's a character wipe when headstart begins. That means open beta?
    2) Will there also be a character wipe when open beta ends and launch begins, like for STO?
    3) When is the end of open beta/beginning of "launch"?
    edited April 2013
    Before I answer, bear in mind I am NOT a Dev. I am just relaying information that has already been answered in this very thread . . .

jackjomar wrote: »
    1) It says there's a character wipe when headstart begins. That means open beta?

Yes. Headstart has already begun a few days ago. No wipes from then forward.

2) Will there also be a character wipe when open beta ends and launch begins, like for STO?

No (See my answer just above your post for details)

3) When is the end of open beta/beginning of "launch"?

Not yet announced and still to be determined. It will be some time (most likely a few months) before we hear of such an announcement, however that is pure conjecture based on this user's experience and previous encounters with open Beta testing..
  • kialrienkialrien Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    SECTION VIII - ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS

We hope that this FAQ was useful! If your question isn't answered here, please feel free to create a post. While we may not be able to answer every question, we will definitely try to answer as many as possible.

See you in the Forgotten Realms!

Hey there :) quick question that I didn't see an answer to. I am on disability so I don't have a lot of money to spend per month and will not be able to get founder before the open beta (I would love to get the 59.99 one eventually) My question is will the founder stuff be available during the beta and perhaps even as a package after launch (minus the founder title probably)?

Sincerely Me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • infestedchris12infestedchris12 Member Posts: 37
    edited April 2013
    How many character slots do open testers start with? And how many slots max can you obtain?
  • bosman0bosman0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hello All
    I could not post new topic
    Please answer is this F2P game or P2W?
    I have bad experience since last F2P games where you loose if you not load IS
  • ghostavatar98ghostavatar98 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Wasn't sure if this has been asked, but can we create the look of the armors like you could in the neverwinter nights editor ?

Honestly don't care about what stats you get, but I loved the way I could choose from a ton of preset parts and components for the entire armor head to toe from cloth, leather, mail, and plate, how you could custom colour it as well and how it looked for each character to have something unique to themselves.

To me that would enable the character I create to get that more personalised feel to it.
  • teemowillkillyouteemowillkillyou Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    can people from the Philippines play NW?
    edited April 2013
    bosman0 wrote: »
    Hello All
    I could not post new topic
    Please answer is this F2P game or P2W?
    I have bad experience since last F2P games where you loose if you not load IS

VERY far from P2W. Pretty much everything you purchase is cosmetic. Everything that is available in the store has an equal that you can get in game without spending a dime at all. Some folks will reply here and try to say companions are not cosmetic, but each companion from the store also has an equal available from the companion vendor. A different skin and title doesn;t mean P2W.

I know how you feel about those other games, though. I quit TOR when it went F2P because that game truly is a P2W model. Least to say, Neverwinter and STO were VERY welcome changes from that experience.
    can people from the Philippines play NW?

If you have internet access, yes. This game is completely world-wide and free to play from wherever you are. If you are referring to "is it fast", then that is up to your ISP and what kind of internet you have, but I have a few friends in the Phillipines that played int he closed Beta and they had great connections, so you should be fine.
  • teemowillkillyouteemowillkillyou Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hey I would just like to address my appreciation of you replying to my question! I am really in need of answer. I was doubting if we are IP banned or something like that cause I could not determine if well I am. LOL.

Anyway really thankful! Cya!

Speaking of 'Cya', do we have like different servers inside ingame? If yes, can you state what server you're going to play or are you are already playing the game.
  • alexandiraalexandira Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hello,

is it possible to find out what the founders pack and other packs will be replaced with if anything?
    edited April 2013
    Hey I would just like to address my appreciation of you replying to my question! I am really in need of answer. I was doubting if we are IP banned or something like that cause I could not determine if well I am. LOL.

Anyway really thankful! Cya!

Speaking of 'Cya', do we have like different servers inside ingame? If yes, can you state what server you're going to play or are you are already playing the game.

There are three servers. I personally play all of my characters on Dragon:)
This discussion has been closed.